PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Peyton Manning: Playoff preparation not unlike regular season

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
During his weekly press conference, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was asked Tuesday about the differences in preparing for the playoffs and the regular season.

Manning said that, in his mind, there shouldn't be any differences. The Broncos host Baltimore on Saturday in a 2:30 p.m. AFC division-round game.

"Playing in the postseason, obviously it's an elimination game," Manning said. "(But) I had an old coach who used to say, 'If you have to do something different in the postseason to get ready to play, that probably means you haven't been doing the right things in the regular season.'

rest - plus video - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22333482/broncos-peyton-manning-playoff-preparation-not-unlike-regular

pnbronco
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I heard him say this today and this is what really impressed me:

You have to study hard. You certainly know what the stakes are, but you have to go out and play like you've been practicing all season. I think that's the key — who can do that best."

He has so many little bits of wisdom that apply to many walk of life. I would love to hear him talk more, he has really seemed to master that art of focus and self management.