PDA

View Full Version : There really isn't much you can do but laugh

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks studbucket, via tweet:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Breaking-Raiders-coach-injured-in-altercation.html

Breaking: Raiders coach injured in altercation

Assistant allegedly hurt by another coach.

An Oakland Raiders assistant coach was injured in an altercation with another member of the team’s coaching staff in training camp on Aug. 5, according to a Napa, Calif., police report.

Napa Police Lt. Brian McGovern said that in order to maintain victim confidentiality, he could not reveal the identity of the person injured. However, the National Football Post has learned that Randy Hanson, a defensive assistant, was injured.

Police responded to Queen of the Valley Hospital on Aug. 6 when Hanson arrived to receive treatment for an injured jaw.

“(The hospital) is required to report those things to the police department any time someone comes in the victim of an assault-type crime,” McGovern said. “We were dispatched to the hospital and ended up contacting the victim at that location. The victim said the assault had occurred the previous day at the Raiders’ training camp facility.

“Basically, he said he had been assaulted by a member of the staff but refused to identify who that person was. There isn’t anything we can do if the victim is uncooperative in providing us with any additional information as far as witnesses or suspect information.”

According to McGovern, the victim was in the process of receiving X-rays when he was interviewed. The results of those exams are not known. McGovern said misdemeanor assault charges could come if the victim comes forward with information that leads to an investigation. McGovern said a broken jaw could lead to felony charges. McGovern said that police have not followed up with the Raiders in search for more information.

Raiders senior executive John Herrera told the National Football Post on Sunday that head coach Tom Cable would address the situation with media following the team’s practice Sunday. Cable did not.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league was not aware of the alleged incident.

“We’ll look into it,” Aiello said.

Hanson, who is in his third season with the organization, is listed on the team’s Web site as a defensive assistant, and he was an assistant defensive backs coach the past two seasons. Former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin suspended Hanson after the season opener last year for remarks Hanson made following the 41-14 loss to Denver. Hanson has previously worked in St. Louis and Minnesota.

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Now that's what I'm ******* talking about! :fight:

studbucket
08-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Woo, somebody follows me on twitter!

Thnikkaman
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM

To me this means two things:

1. Al Davis beats his staff.

2. Someone wearing Silver and Black has a glass chin.

Does anyone know if the victim looks like this:

http://ohellnawlblog.com/newohnblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/punchout_glassjoeabime.jpg

girler
08-17-2009, 02:28 PM
That's the team spirit! :cheer2:

OaklandRaider
08-17-2009, 04:21 PM
That's awesome!

Tom Cable probably pimp slapped his ass.

topscribe
08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Did somebody mention the word "dysfunctional"? :lol:

-----

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh...it gets better.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/17/sources-raiders-coach-tom-cable-punched-assistant-during-alterc/

Sources: Raiders Coach Tom Cable Punched Assistant During Altercation

Tom CableThe always volatile Oakland Raiders are now fighting amongst themselves -- in the coaching ranks, no less.

According to a report Monday on the Web site National Football Post, Raiders defensive assistant Randy Hanson was punched in the jaw by another member of the team's coaching staff during an Aug. 5 altercation at Oakland's training camp headquarters at the Napa Valley Marriott.

Multiple NFL and Raiders sources have confirmed the victim of the alleged assault was Hanson, a third-year assistant who is in his first season with the team under the title "assistant coach-defense." Two NFL sources have told FanHouse the attacker was Raiders' first-year head coach Tom Cable, and "that Hanson never saw it coming."

Neither Hanson nor the coach who threw the punch were identified in a Napa, Calif., police report taken Aug. 6 at Queen of the Valley Hospital. But one well-placed NFL source told FanHouse of the attacker: "It's a well-known coach. Very well-known."

Pressed to confirm the identity of the attacker, the source said, "It was Cable who hit him."

According to Napa Police Lt. Brian McGovern, police followed procedure in responding to the downtown Napa hospital when Hanson arrived to receive treatment for what was described as an injured jaw.

X-rays were taken. The results are not known, although one NFL source told FanHouse Hanson sustained a fractured jaw as a result of the punch.

Hanson told police the alleged assault took place at the Raiders' training camp site the day before, but he refused to name the attacker, which is hindering a police investigation into whether misdemeanor or even felony assault charges may be filed. A jaw fracture could warrant felony charges, but the fact the victim is unwilling to pursue the matter criminally is not surprising, given the cloistered nature of the tight-knit NFL coaching fraternity.

The police report is not public record, McGovern said, because of concern for privacy rights of the alleged victim.

"The victim didn't even want any police action taken," McGovern told FanHouse, "but we were following hospital policy that authorities be contacted in cases where there may have been an assault."

McGovern said Napa Police consider the matter closed at this point, "unless we are re-contacted by the victim, and the victim changes their mind that they want us to follow through and pursue an investigation. At this point we're not doing anything else with it."

Another NFL source told FanHouse that Hanson was in the middle of a conversation with defensive coordinator John Marshall when the alleged attack occurred.

Hanson previously served under former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin as an assistant defensive backs coach. The two clashed famously in Sept. 2008 when Hanson was suspended by Kiffin after the defensive assistant openly questioned the Raiders' game plan following a 41-14 season-opening loss to the then-Mike Shanahan-coached Denver Broncos.

"It's a good thing that Shanahan didn't have our players," Hanson reportedly blurted out in the presence of other coaches, "or else he would have beaten us 1,000-0."

Kiffin suspended Hanson for five days, causing a rift among a divided Raiders coaching staff that caused owner Al Davis to intervene. By that time, Kiffin and former defensive coordinator Rob Ryan were openly battling over defensive philosophy. By Week 1 of the '08 season, Davis already was compiling a dossier to document reasons to dismiss Kiffin. The Hanson incident was one more page for the report.

Asked about the Hanson outburst, Kiffin said last September, "Randy had some personal issues going on. Randy still did some work for us, but he spent some time at home to get some things straight in his personal life."

Raiders senior executive John Herrera told the National Football Post that Cable would address the latest Hanson controversy following the team's practice on Sunday, but that did not happen.

The Raiders have a single 3:30 p.m. PT practice Monday, after which Cable is expected to answer questions about the alleged assault.

OaklandRaider
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Did somebody mention the word "dysfunctional"? :lol:

-----

Lol, you're one to talk.

Your team has been the most dysfunctional team in the NFL this offseason.

topscribe
08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Lol, you're one to talk.

Oh? So would you inform me as to the fights in the Broncos' locker room you've heard about? :coffee:

-----

NightTrainLayne
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Lol, you're one to talk.

Thanks for grabbing the spot-light back from us. :beer:

Re: HansOn. .. can you say lawsuit? That will be HUGE $$!

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
He probably deserved it... at least it was a male.

OaklandRaider
08-17-2009, 04:40 PM

:lol:

topscribe
08-17-2009, 04:40 PM

Uh-huh . . . I caught that, DS. :D

Of course, on your end we're talking about coaches . . .

-----

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Uh-huh . . . I caught that, DS. :D

Of course, on your end we're talking about coaches . . .

-----
I work with 4 other Raiders fans and we had a mini bet on when the dysfunction would start. I lost, I thought it would've been week 4 of the preseason.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I work with 4 other Raiders fans and we had a mini bet on when the dysfunction would start. I lost, I thought it would've been week 4 of the preseason.

Yeah, you gave your team WAY too much leeway on that bet.

Thnikkaman
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM

Are you sure about that?

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Are you sure about that?
Unless it was Amy Trask, yah.

Overtime
08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Coach Tubby Butts socked one of his assistants...lol...doesn't take long for the Jokeland Inbreds to start trouble with themselves does it??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4405681

Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable punched one of his assistants on Aug. 6 at the team's training camp headquarters in Napa, Calif., several media outlets reported on Monday.

The Web site National Football Post first reported that defensive assistant Randy Hanson was punched in the jaw by another member of the Raiders staff. Unidentified sources later told Fanhouse.com that Cable hit the third-year assistant.

Hanson reportedly did not want to pursue the matter, but staff at Queen of the Valley Hospital alerted authorities, according to Fanhouse.com.

"The victim didn't even want any police action taken," Napa Police Lt. Brian McGovern told the Web site, "but we were following hospital policy that authorities be contacted in cases where there may have been an assault."

Hanson suffered a fractured jaw. McGovern said, according to the Web site, that the Napa Police consider the matter closed "unless we are re-contacted by the victim, and the victim changes their mind that they want us to follow through and pursue an investigation. At this point we're not doing anything else with it."

McGovern said the police report has not been made public over privacy concerns. Cable had a regularly scheduled meeting with the media scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday.

silkamilkamonico
08-17-2009, 07:10 PM
That's the most aggressiveness seen from the Oakland Raider organization since the 2002 AFCCCG!

EMB6903
08-17-2009, 07:10 PM
ahhh the stupidity of Raider fans....

Heres the reaction once they find out that their head coach could be facing a suspension.

That's awesome!

Overtime
08-17-2009, 07:13 PM

Heres the reaction once they find out that their head coach could be facing a suspension.

well if the assistant decides to press charges, Cable will be facing felony assault charges.

EMB6903
08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
well if the assistant decides to press charges, Cable will be facing felony assault charges.

What is going on over there in Oakland?

Man that organization is a mess right now.

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 07:18 PM

I have to be careful who I use sarcasm with, but I THOUGHT the fighting avatars would've given it away.

ahhh the stupidity of Broncos fans

Overtime
08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
What is going on over there in Oakland?

Man that organization is a mess right now.

I can see it now.

Coach Cable: come on now Hanson, you know how dysfunctional we are here in Jokeland, there's no way we'll win 5 games this year...I got $200 says we go 2-14, 3-13.

Hanson: nah coach, we ain't that bad, I got $200 says we go 5-11.

Coach Cable: Bitch, I said we're going 2-14 or 3-13 (crack.......).

Hanson: what the hell was that for?

Coach Cable: cause you don't listen god dammit.

EMB6903
08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
i have to be careful who i use sarcasm with, but i thought the fighting avatars would've given it away.

Ahhh the stupidity of broncos fans

"yes! our coach just beat up our assistant coach!.... Awesome!"

I bet he deserved it though... Right?

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
"yes! our coach just beat up our assistant coach!.... Awesome!"

I bet he deserved it though... Right?
That's TWO sarcasms in a row. Can you at least give a guy some competition, or ask around for assistance?

Now if you read the line that followed and tied it into the Marshall situation, and if you were a weeeeee bit intelligent, you'd know that the first line of that post was a double entendre meant to set up the second line. Or do you NOW realize it. Do you even know what a double entendre is or are you the type to say it's JaMarcus' lunch with cheese and fries.

Overtime
08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
and here I thought the Lions were dysfunctional and they couldn't even win 1 lousy football game last year......:coffee:

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 07:59 PM
and here I thought the Lions were dysfunctional and they couldn't even win 1 lousy football game last year......:coffee:
What's that expression... ah yes, we put the fun in dysfunction. You'd have to be a looooooong time Raider fan to understand that this doesn't bother most of us.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
What's that expression... ah yes, we put the fun in dysfunction. You'd have to be a looooooong time Raider fan to understand that this doesn't bother most of us.

We know. :coffee:

OaklandRaider
08-17-2009, 09:03 PM
On the MNF halftime show, Mark Schelereth (sp) the former Donkey said that he spoke to Tom Cable and Cable said that there is no truth to the whole story.

It would be funny as hell if this story is fake, and seeing all you Donk fans get worked up over nothing. :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
08-17-2009, 09:05 PM
We know. :coffee:

Just like being a total joke of a franchise hasn't caused them to look for another team.

That is a fine line between loyalty and stupidity.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 09:24 PM
On the MNF halftime show, Mark Schelereth (sp) the former Donkey said that he spoke to Tom Cable and Cable said that there is no truth to the whole story.

It would be funny as hell if this story is fake, and seeing all you Donk fans get worked up over nothing. :lol:

That's awesome!

Seriously.

You suck.

At everything.

OaklandRaider
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Seriously.

You suck.

At everything.

If the story turns out not to be true, you're the one who is going to end up looking stupid (not anything new)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/17/cable-says-nothing-happened/

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
If the story turns out not to be true, you're the one who is going to end up looking stupid (not anything new)

I look stupid because I posted an article?

You really are stupid.

OaklandRaider
08-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I look stupid because I posted an article?

You will if it turns out not to be true.

Pray.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM

Pray.

So I post an article, and you say I look stupid.

OK...:laugh:

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Just like being a total joke of a franchise hasn't caused them to look for another team.

That is a fine line between loyalty and stupidity.
Elaborate.

Thnikkaman
08-17-2009, 10:38 PM

Pray.

Either you take this really seriously (looser),
or you think MO takes this seriously (you are still a looser).

Your smack is weak as usual. You are taking profootballtalk (the Onion of sports talk) seriously. Dude, just as you are developing a little bit of net cred, you go and flush it down the toilet again.

I was beginning to expect more from you; my bad.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Dude, just as you are developing a little bit of net cred, you go and flush it down the toilet again.

Wait...um...you were going to give this dude some cred?

Thnikka..I'm so disappointed with you right now, it's not even funny.

Thnikkaman
08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Wait...um...you were going to give this dude some cred?

Thnikka..I'm so disappointed with you right now, it's not even funny.

He did say that the raiders should trade a bag of peanuts for Crabtree. That was funny.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
He did say that the raiders should trade a bag of peanuts for Crabtree. That was funny.

:click:

Fail.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I.O.W.A.

Idiots out wandering around.

Northman
08-17-2009, 10:50 PM

Your a idiot.

girler
08-17-2009, 10:54 PM

Your smack is weak as usual. You are taking profootballtalk (the Onion of sports talk) seriously. Dude, just as you are developing a little bit of net cred, you go and flush it down the toilet again.

I just want to know who he prays to. Lyle Alzedo?

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I just want to know who he prays to. Lyle Alzedo?

http://lollemurs.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dude.jpg

girler
08-17-2009, 10:59 PM
http://lollemurs.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dude.jpg

He was all telling you to pray, so my brain went off trying to figure out who he would pray to. Is Jim Plunkett still alive?

Thnikkaman
08-17-2009, 11:05 PM
I.O.W.A.

Idiots out wandering around.

That's right MO. Just load a gun for him. Remember to leave the Safety off, I don't think he could do it himself.

Oh, and your state both looks and smells like a toilette.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
That's right MO. Just load a gun for him. Remember to leave the Safety off, I don't think he could do it himself.

Oh, and your state both looks and smells like a toilette.

This little slip up with you is disturbing.

Broncospsycho77
08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Tom Cable angry. Tom Cable punch!

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Tom Cable angry. Tom Cable punch!

Don't be stupid, psycho...

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Am I smoking some good shit or did Slim and Psycho77 switch avatars?

Northman
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_k07pirzBU34/SYC__1cjiyI/AAAAAAAAATc/ouzhXXCrbuU/s400/bitch_slap.jpg

Thnikkaman
08-17-2009, 11:15 PM
This little slip up with you is disturbing.

We will handle this like men on 9/20. It will be epic.

Northman

No, everybody looks like that now. :lol:

MOtorboat

You're smoking some serious shit. Please share.

Broncospsycho77
08-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Don't be stupid, psycho...

Eh, would've worked about 4 hours ago. Late to the party, miss the hors d'oeuvres.

MOtorboat
No, everybody looks like that now. :lol:

Don't make me go all midget on your ass.

Northman
Don't make me go all midget on your ass.

Whatever you say MasterBlaster.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Whatever you say MasterBlaster.

Pay attention chromehead.

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
You're smoking some serious shit. Please share.
Ha I was gonna confirm it but you beat me to the pu...
FKKK!!

Overtime
08-17-2009, 11:20 PM

and Cable is probably blowing the whole thing off hoping it goes away. if it wasn't true, he would have said it wasn't true in his little press conference today.

if it wasn't true he wouldn't have said "it's an internal matter that we're dealing with".

Coach Tubby Butts lost his cool, and he jacked someone in the jaw. we all know it's true, because you faiders homo's are nothing but a bunch of gutless, classless, animals, who think you can just get away with everything.

I just wonder how you're gonna react, when your buddy Jevon Walker takes Darren McFaggot and Nmadi "Above Average' Assholeughmoha out to a club this year, and manages to get 'em both shot to death?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811f645d&template=without-video&confirm=true

NFL.com Wire Reports

Oakland Raiders (http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK) head coach Tom Cable isn't talking about reports he punched defensive assistant Randy Hanson in the jaw and caused injuries that required treatment at a hospital earlier this month.

However, multiple sources have told the NFL Network that it was Cable who threw the punch. A report on AOL Fanhouse.com also named Cable as the assailant, citing two NFL sources.

When asked about the alleged incident following Monday's practice, Cable declined to discuss his involvement. "It's an internal issue that we're dealing with, and that's all I'm going to say," said Cable, who replaced Lane Kiffin as Oakland's head coach four games into the 2008 season.

Cable spoke for less than 60 seconds regarding the incident. He answered four questions before reporters were cut off by a member of the Raiders' public relations department.

Many players said they were unaware of any altercation, but at the beginning of Monday's practice when they were stretching, several broke out into a chant of "Cable, bumaye, Cable, bumaye" in reference to the crowd chants heard by former heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali during his 1974 fight against George Foreman.

"I don't even know what they were saying," cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (http://www.nfl.com/players/nnamdiasomugha/profile?id=ASO415291) joked. "I think there's still some guys who don't even know. I found out as I was coming out on the field. Guys were finding out here and there. It wasn't like a big announcement, so the reaction wasn't like a collective reaction. People were like, 'What's going on?' trying to find out, but no one really knew."

Hanson was treated in a Napa hospital emergency room on Aug. 5, telling police he was struck by a member of the staff during a meeting earlier that day, sources told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

Napa police Lt. Brian McGovern confirmed to La Canfora that a member of the Raiders staff claimed to police that he was injured by another staff member, but McGovern would not name the victim and would not release the report itself, citing confidentiality.

However, according to a police source and another source with knowledge of the situation, La Canfora reports Hanson was the Raiders staffer treated in the emergency room at Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa, Calif., near the Raiders' training camp site, on Wednesday, Aug. 5.
A police report was filed from the hospital early the following morning, around 1 a.m. PT on Aug. 6, when police arrived, but no charges have been filed as of this time, McGovern said.

Numerous attempts to reach Hanson were unsuccessful. Raiders senior executive John Herrera, when asked about the police report, said, "It's an internal matter and will be handled as such."

Hanson told police he was struck by a member of the staff during a meeting at the team's hotel in Napa and that he decided to seek medical attention when pain in his jaw was too severe for him to sleep. Law enforcement officials were dispatched to Queen of the Valley Medical Center by hospital personnel, and not Hanson himself, McGovern said, as is mandated in cases where assault is suspected. The extent of any injuries is not detailed on the report, as X-Rays had not yet been read to determine whether or not the victim had suffered a broken jaw, McGovern confirmed.

According to police, the victim in such a case has up to six months to report a misdemeanor assault. If his jaw was broken, that would constitute a felony, and the victim would have up to a year to press charges.

Hanson, 41, is in his third year with the Raiders. He also spent one year with St. Louis and three years with Minnesota.

Hanson was suspended last season by Kiffin after Hanson was critical of the team's effort in a season-opening loss to Denver.

Raiders owner Al Davis intervened on Hanson's behalf and later fired Kiffin.
Hanson was working with the defensive backs, but hasn't been seen at the team's training camp facilities since shortly after the fight supposedly took place.

"I know he's been around here but we really haven't seen him that much," safety Hiram Eugene (http://www.nfl.com/players/hirameugene/profile?id=EUG177981) said. "They keep him in the offices."

Asked if Hanson was still employed by the team, Cable again declined comment.

Devilspawn
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Coach Tubby Butts...
:shocked:

Dear Overtime,

I miss you already.

Love,
Closet.

OaklandRaider
08-18-2009, 01:02 AM
and Cable is probably blowing the whole thing off hoping it goes away. if it wasn't true, he would have said it wasn't true in his little press conference today.

if it wasn't true he wouldn't have said "it's an internal matter that we're dealing with".

Or he could just be playing the media like a fiddle like Al Davis would want him to.

I just wonder how you're gonna react, when your buddy Jevon Walker takes Darren McFaggot and Nmadi "Above Average' Assholeughmoha out to a club this year, and manages to get 'em both shot to death?

Smacking about players getting shot. Classy little Donkey fan you are.:coffee:

OaklandRaider
08-18-2009, 01:09 AM

If you bothered to click on the link (which I wouldn't expect you to, because you're from Iowa) you would see that Profootballtalk.com is actually confirming what I said earlier that ESPN's Mark Schlereth said he personally spoke to Tom Cable, and Cable said the report was bogus.

I was beginning to expect more from you, but then I realized, you're from Iowa. My bad.

studbucket
08-18-2009, 01:40 AM
If you bothered to click on the link (which I wouldn't expect you to, because you're from Iowa) you would see that Profootballtalk.com is actually confirming what I said earlier that ESPN's Mark Schlereth said he personally spoke to Tom Cable, and Cable said the report was bogus.

I was beginning to expect more from you, but then I realized, you're from Iowa. My bad.

OH BULLCRAP. I wasn't stepping in until you insulted Iowa. You're ridiculous, apparently graduating with a Master's degree from a Big 10 institution and working at a fortune 500 company means nothing for Thnikka because he lives in the City of Five Seasons.

You can have Octomom, The Governator, eleventy billion illegal aliens, and the Chargers, we'll keep Kurt Vonnegut, George Washington Carver, George Gallup, and the first Caucus.

Good Lord you touched a nerve. So maybe you won.

Thnikkaman
08-18-2009, 07:41 AM
OH BULLCRAP. I wasn't stepping in until you insulted Iowa. You're ridiculous, apparently graduating with a Master's degree from a Big 10 institution and working at a fortune 500 company means nothing for Thnikka because he lives in the City of Five Seasons.

You can have Octomom, The Governator, eleventy billion illegal aliens, and the Chargers, we'll keep Kurt Vonnegut, George Washington Carver, George Gallup, and the first Caucus.

Stud, you know what blue skies look like even though you don't see them much anymore in Seattle. But our poor misguided plebe OR knows nothing but brown skies. It clouds his brain. He doesn't understand words or phrases like credibility, double checking sources, or opinion based blog.

We big brains need to understand that and let him drink his Raider Kool-Aid.

OaklandRaider
08-18-2009, 01:09 PM

And yet, Iowa still sucks. :coffee:

I'm not going to make this about the forgotten state that is Iowa, because that's not what this thread is about.

The fact is, the report was proven to be untrue. Cable did not punch the assistant.

GEM
08-18-2009, 01:59 PM
And yet, Iowa still sucks. :coffee:

I'm not going to make this about the forgotten state that is Iowa, because that's not what this thread is about.

The fact is, the report was proven to be untrue. Cable did not punch the assistant.

Because Cable said he didn't? Of course he's going to say that....unless he brings it out in the open it's a closed case. He might be dumb, but he isn't stupid.

Thnikkaman
08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
This Link (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Tom+Cable+punched+assistant&word2=Tom+Cable+didn%27t+punch+assistant) is about as reputable as your source.

OaklandRaider
08-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Because Cable said he didn't? Of course he's going to say that....unless he brings it out in the open it's a closed case. He might be dumb, but he isn't stupid.

Not only has Cable said he didn't, but multiple other reports have said that he did not punch out the assistant. Accidentally flipping over his chair in a heated argument, maybe.

The only person who reported that Cable punched him was Nancy Gay, who is a notorious Raider hater.