PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee: Rehab on track

DenBronx
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- If Willis McGahee had to play a game tomorrow, "No, I couldn't go," he said.

But if he gets the call to play on, say, Jan. 20 in the AFC title game, the Broncos running back thinks he could be there.

"This isn't my first rodeo for a knee," McGahee said Monday, as the Broncos started preparing for their divisional playoff game Saturday against Baltimore. "I've been through a lot worse."

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8821594/2013-nfl-playoffs-willis-mcgahee-denver-broncos-not-ready-yet-rehab-track

DenBronx
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Moreno is averaging 3.8 yards and McGahee is averaging 4.4, so he's just a little better than Moreno at this point. Still both are doing very well for us. If we get to the AFCCG then Willis will be ready to go but I still would give Moreno 60% or more of the snaps because he's doing really good in place of Willis and that only gives Willis a little more time to heal up....I would want him 100% if we went to the SB.

DenBronx
01-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Wow, I'm suprised more people are not interested in this news. Did Knowshon Moreno make you forget about the best back on the roster heading into the playoffs???

McGahee eligible to practice tomorrow, hopes to return

Broncos running back Willis McGahee is eligible to begin practicing tomorrow. But he was honest about his own condition, saying he’s not ready to play yet.

“No, I couldn’t go,” he said Monday, via the Associated Press.

After being placed on injured reserve/designated for return on Nov. 18 with an MCL injury, McGahee isn’t eligible to return until the Jan. 20 AFC Championship Game anyway, and he said that’s still a possibility.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/mcgahee-eligible-to-practice-tomorrow-hopes-to-return/

NightTerror218
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
glad to hear this. My only concern is his ball control. too many fumbles this season. has moreno fumbled since his return? Hillman has. I hope we get Mcgahee back in AFCCG and give him some carries to see how he is doing.

cmc0605
01-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I hope we can get McGahee back for the AFCCG (which I hope we'll be in), but I don't see him getting more than 5-7 touches depending on how the game evolves. After not playing forever and returning from an MCL injury, there's no way he'd be a major contributor to playing New England (just my assumption of who we will be playing).

Moreno has earned the right to remain the starter and has secured the ball effectively, which in my mind more than makes up for the difference in yards per carry (which is not even noticeable when watching the games honestly, I actually thought Moreno has been playing better, and I think is a better receiving threat). I also think Ronnie Hillman has been running much more effectively as late, compared to early in the season. So, who knows, I'll trust the coaches-- but I don't see much need to change up what we've been doing lately.

rjent
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I am concerned with Willis coming in with a large role in the AFC game. Too much unknown and rust. If Noshow keeps playing like he is I am more excited about keeping Moreno as the starter.

I am glad Willis is making good progress, but we are doing pretty good with the run game right now .... shouldn't stir the pot .....

He will make a good backup in the AFCC and the SB .... :coffee:

JMHO

NightTerror218
01-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I am concerned with Willis coming in with a large role in the AFC game. Too much unknown and rust. If Noshow keeps playing like he is I am more excited about keeping Moreno as the starter.

I am glad Willis is making good progress, but we are doing pretty good with the run game right now .... shouldn't stir the pot .....

He will make a good backup in the AFCC and the SB .... :coffee:

JMHO

unless he is outstanding with limited carries in ACFCG I agree about same in SB if we make it.

Tned
01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Moreno is averaging 3.8 yards and McGahee is averaging 4.4, so he's just a little better than Moreno at this point. Still both are doing very well for us. If we get to the AFCCG then Willis will be ready to go but I still would give Moreno 60% or more of the snaps because he's doing really good in place of Willis and that only gives Willis a little more time to heal up....I would want him 100% if we went to the SB.

Yea, if Broncos are in AFCCG, and he's close to 100%, then active, but limited duty unless situation dictated heavier use, would be good option.

DenBronx
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Rust???

Come one...McGahee knows what to do in his sleep. Not 100% would be more like it but rust, no.

tomjonesrocks
01-08-2013, 01:11 AM
If Denver beats the Ravens, I will interested.

UnderArmour
01-08-2013, 01:12 AM
If Denver beats the Ravens, I will interested.

When.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Denver running back Willis McGahee returned to practice Tuesday for the first time since suffering a knee injury Nov. 18 against San Diego. He is eligible to play in the AFC Championship Game if Denver beats Baltimore on Sunday.

The decision on whether he does play will likely not be made until late next week. If Denver doesn’t think he is ready to play on Jan. 20, the Broncos can wait, then activate McGahee for the Super Bowl if they qualify.

“He’s worked very hard,” Denver coach John Fox said of McGahee. “Greek (head athletic trainer Steve Antonopulos), our trainer, his staff and Willis have worked very hard to get him back. He had a good first day.”

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53604/mcgahee-begins-process-back-to-field