PDA

View Full Version : Bright spots

WARHORSE
08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Looking for bright spots on the team?

This team is a team in transition but I like what Ive seen considering the amount of change this offseason.

Number one, I like the coaching. I like what McDaniels is doing and how hes doing it.

Thing I noticed is that when it came to the mistakes made in the SF game, the coach was there to say they (the coaches) had alot of work to do. He addressed himself first and says hes gotta get the players ready. I like that.

Heres my players of note, feel free to add to the list what you liked from particular players.

Bright Spots:

Chris Baker:

He had three tackles...all of them for a loss. Twice he tackled the runningback 2 yards deep behind the line of scrimmage, and then he added -8 yards on a sack. Thats a bright spot to me.

Jarvis Moss:

He didnt set the world on fire, but he man had 3 tackles. Thats not necessarily an eye opening performance, but considering all thats been said about him............thats a bright spot.

Chris Simms:

Mr. Simms looked calm in the pocket, and delivered some very clean passes. I like that. Two TDs, no picks and an escape from pressure to throw a 52 yard strike. Bright spot.

The OFFENSIVE LINE:

Im going to capitalize those words for the rest of the season....they deserve it. I think we should rename them: ALL DAY. In the passing game, there was no pressure. In the running game, their name should be: DAYLIGHT. Cause thats all the runningbacks got to see. Bright spot.

Spencer Larsen: Led the team in tackles. Bright spot.......period.

Coach Nolan:

We all heard it from Dawkins. What they were trying to do was working. Three sacks in the first quarter alone........Bright spot.

Foochacho
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Another bright spot is the top of Brandstaters head.

NightTrainLayne
08-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Orton performed horribly, but I think that McDaniel's system is a bright spot as well. When Orton and Simms made the right decisions we moved the ball very well. I think that as soon as our QB is on the same page we'll have an offense that can more than hold up their end of the bargain.

Special teams. Looked like a bunch of improvement there, especially on the kick coverge units.

Tned
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
While some of those backups did perform well, and it would be interesting to see how Baker would do against first teamers, I think there are some brighter spots.

As I have said a couple times, excpet for the three interceptions, Orton played pretty well. The offense moved the ball pretty easily, but obviously you can't have the turnovers. I heard a guy on Sirius NFL radio on Saturday morning (recognized the voice, but can't come up with the name) who said that Orton's play on Friday might have been the best 3 INT performance he has seen. Meaning the same thing, he looked pretty good and moved the ball well, but for those INTs (I know, a big but and big except).

The front three at times looked good, and we got some pressure from the ends and OLBs, but we dd give up some big pass and run plays, so it is somewhat tempered.

Mike
08-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Peyton Hillis

topscribe
08-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Looking for bright spots on the team?

This team is a team in transition but I like what Ive seen considering the amount of change this offseason.

Number one, I like the coaching. I like what McDaniels is doing and how hes doing it.

Thing I noticed is that when it came to the mistakes made in the SF game, the coach was there to say they (the coaches) had alot of work to do. He addressed himself first and says hes gotta get the players ready. I like that.

Heres my players of note, feel free to add to the list what you liked from particular players.

Bright Spots:

Chris Baker:

He had three tackles...all of them for a loss. Twice he tackled the runningback 2 yards deep behind the line of scrimmage, and then he added -8 yards on a sack. Thats a bright spot to me.

Jarvis Moss:

He didnt set the world on fire, but he man had 3 tackles. Thats not necessarily an eye opening performance, but considering all thats been said about him............thats a bright spot.

Chris Simms:

Mr. Simms looked calm in the pocket, and delivered some very clean passes. I like that. Two TDs, no picks and an escape from pressure to throw a 52 yard strike. Bright spot.

The OFFENSIVE LINE:

Im going to capitalize those words for the rest of the season....they deserve it. I think we should rename them: ALL DAY. In the passing game, there was no pressure. In the running game, their name should be: DAYLIGHT. Cause thats all the runningbacks got to see. Bright spot.

Spencer Larsen: Led the team in tackles. Bright spot.......period.

Coach Nolan:

We all heard it from Dawkins. What they were trying to do was working. Three sacks in the first quarter alone........Bright spot.

I like that nickname: "ALL DAY." http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/throckon.gif

-----

powderaddict
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Peyton Hillis

^^^This^^^

I'd like to see how Baker does against starters as well. I did notice that there seemed to be more "chaos" for lack of a better term on the line when SF had the ball.

It seemed like last year, opposing team's o-lines could be used as textbook examples of what you wanted your line to look like on a given play - blockers engaged, holes where there were supposed to be holes, etc. I didn't see that as much this game, the Broncos seemed to really create havoc and chaos on the line of scrimmage much better.

But, it's the first game of preseason, so I'm not going to put too much on anything :)

TXBRONC
08-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I think Hillis is going to have a breakout year in this offense.

Lonestar
08-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll just say that the team is more in an almost total rebuild mode outside of the OLINE,WR and TE.
Nothing is the same even within those units. The blocking scheme are I suspect more than 50% different as they are incorperating the NE scheme into the ZBS.

The spread offense is much different than the hybrid WCO that we ran forever.

The D is totally changed and I also suspect the ST is also.

The attitudes are being rebuilt also to go along with about 30 new players being added to the final Squad.

I like what I have seen so far and am not expecting miracles like some are.

honz
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Just got around to watching the game this morning...Moreno is a beast. He may not have great top end speed, but his burst through the hole is tremendous. Really fast, quick, and explosive in small and congested areas. He showed good power in the legs too and isn't easy to bring down. He's gonna be really fun to watch. Hillis wasn't too shabby either. We all know that he can run downhill, but he showed some nice elusiveness as well.

Grover
08-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Bright Spots -

Decent kick returns by both Smith and McKinley.
The team had some fight left at the end of the game - both offensively and defensively.