PDA

View Full Version : Orange Towels

iLands
01-07-2013, 05:55 AM
So, last time we had a home playoff game, we had sweet orange towels.

It was an Orange out.

Can we expect Orange towels this weekend, or were those just a Tebow thing or what?

I know. We played the Steelers. Terrible towels, blah, blah.

But those Orange towels are undefeated at home and everyone got a piece of Broncos playoff history. They give the crowd more energy (constantly waving the towels) and they give everyone some Orange.

So, the towels - are they coming back? Does anyone know?

Tned
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen anything about towels this weekend. I think early in the year (might have been Pitt game or a later one) they gave out towels again.

As you mentioned Pitt, that seemed to be the primary reason last year, not Tebow. An attempt to drown out any terrible towels in the crowd with orange ones.

pnbronco
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I haven't seen anything about towels this weekend. I think early in the year (might have been Pitt game or a later one) they gave out towels again.

As you mentioned Pitt, that seemed to be the primary reason last year, not Tebow. An attempt to drown out any terrible towels in the crowd with orange ones.

They did at the first game of the season against Pitts. You're right Tned it was to drown out all the yellow and the terrible towels. I did notice that Houston had towels at their game, so who knows?

NightTrainLayne
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
The orange towels did an excellent job of camoflaging the Steeler's terrible towels, and that was the primary reason for them.

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
I think I saw that at the pep rally on Friday they will be giving out the orange towels so I imagine they will hand them out at the game, too.

BroncoNut
01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! i don't want to be like the pittsburgh fagsters

jhildebrand
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I always liked the orange pom poms better. When the Broncos beat the Pats in the PO's a few years back, it was an awesome scene seeing those shaking throughout the stands.

Magnificent Seven
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I think they will give out the orange towels. "Mile High Mania" or "United In Orange"

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! i don't want to be like the pittsburgh fagsters

We had them way before the "Terrible Towels". In the 80s they gave out orange shop towels that said "Rags to Riches -- Denver Broncos" I wish I still had one.

Italianmobstr7
01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
So, last time we had a home playoff game, we had sweet orange towels.

It was an Orange out.

Can we expect Orange towels this weekend, or were those just a Tebow thing or what?

I know. We played the Steelers. Terrible towels, blah, blah.

But those Orange towels are undefeated at home and everyone got a piece of Broncos playoff history. They give the crowd more energy (constantly waving the towels) and they give everyone some Orange.

So, the towels - are they coming back? Does anyone know?

We're not undefeated with the orange towels at home. Week 1 of last season we lost to Oakland and they gave out orange Broncos towels. I hope they don't give out towels. It's not our thing, it's Pittsburghs. I just hope everyone who goes is wearing orange and is LOUD like I will be.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-07-2013, 07:27 PM
@ iLands, hope to be going yo the rally Friday. If I can get a towel I'll send it to you.

pnbronco
01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
We had them way before the "Terrible Towels". In the 80s they gave out orange shop towels that said "Rags to Riches -- Denver Broncos" I wish I still had one.

You're right.... I had totally forgot about those. Went looking this afternoon and found it and my Bronco Oven Mitt, a good afternoon!

Simple Jaded
01-08-2013, 12:12 AM
There were Tebow Towells for the Pitt game? "Terrible" and "Tebow" Towells?.......

Dapper Dan
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I want orange end zones.

nyuk nyuk
01-08-2013, 01:26 AM
I think I saw that at the pep rally on Friday they will be giving out the orange towels so I imagine they will hand them out at the game, too.

And oooof course I'm working Friday, and the day of the AFC Championship AND the Super Bowl...

I WILL AVENGE MY BOSS.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2013, 09:08 AM
You're right.... I had totally forgot about those. Went looking this afternoon and found it and my Bronco Oven Mitt, a good afternoon!

Would you mind posting a pic of the towel? I would love a little confirmation that I'm not completely bat shit insane.

pnbronco
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Would you mind posting a pic of the towel? I would love a little confirmation that I'm not completely bat shit insane.

I don't know how to do that. But if you pm me your cell # or a e-mail address I will be happy to send a pic to you.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Pola delivered. Here you go:

iLands
01-08-2013, 10:34 PM
That's awesome!

Magnificent Seven
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
If you are going to this game on Saturday, can you grab several towels and sell it to me for cheaper price? In Ebay, they are selling Mile High Magic towel for over $50.00 bucks. Crazy.

BeefStew25
01-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I got a bunch for people last year.

DenBronx
01-09-2013, 12:44 AM
We did the towels just to drown out those ugly yellow ones from Steeler fans....and I think it worked.

But why dont we do something for ourselves and go with orange flags instead. That would be much more dominant look.

dogfish
01-09-2013, 12:49 AM
I don't know how to do that. But if you pm me your cell # or a e-mail address I will be happy to send a pic to you.

whenever you need pics posted, just get U29 to do it for you. . .