PDA

View Full Version : Ravens overmatched vs. 'machine'

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2013, 09:17 PM
BALTIMORE -- Baltimore will have to short-circuit the MacBook to have a chance at beating Denver next Saturday. Remove the hard drive. Pour beer on the keyboard. Take a hammer to the screen. Whatever works.

That's the only way -- the only way -- the Ravens can beat the Broncos in Denver in that altitude at that stadium.

Wait. What? Let Ravens safety Bernard Pollard explain:

"We've got the MacBook that's going to be under center," Pollard said shortly after Baltimore ended the feel-good story of the season by beating the Indianapolis Colts 24-9 in a first-round playoff game. "That dude is a freaking computer man. He's one of the best in the game."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8818825/no-win-situation-baltimore-ravens

nyuk nyuk
01-08-2013, 01:24 AM
They only win here if half the Broncos are debilitated in drunken driving crashes on the way to the stadium.

SR
01-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Althought it's nice to see Denver getting some love on ESPN, they make it sound like Denver is playing at home against Jacksonville or Kansas City. This game will not be a walk in the park especially with Baltimore getting healthy and having Ray Lewis back. Granted, I think Denver knows that they're the better team, but the better team needs to show up and play. Baltimore isn't going to be an easy game.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I would much rather feel like we have no chance to win this game, and be surprised then feel like nobody is going to beat this team since this is an event that I have no influence.

Now if I were the one competing, yes I'd feel like that there was no doubt that I would win.

Dzone
01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
This stuff is giving bad flashbacks to 1996...Even the talk shows are talking about a Denver rout. We are unbeatable, etc etc etc

Thnikkaman
01-08-2013, 11:03 AM
This stuff is giving bad flashbacks to 1996...Even the talk shows are talking about a Denver rout. We are unbeatable, etc etc etc

The big difference is that the Broncos and more importantly John Elway is very aware of 1996. The media may be hyping the Broncos up, but I'm confident that the players and staff aren't listening to the hype.

SR
01-08-2013, 11:21 AM
The big difference is that the Broncos and more importantly John Elway is very aware of 1996. The media may be hyping the Broncos up, but I'm confident that the players and staff aren't listening to the hype.

With guys like Champ and Peyton leading this team, John Elway in the front office, etc, I really think that they'll be able to keep the younger guys grounded.

Dzone
01-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Hope so. Damn this is a long wait. Its only Tuesday. Freakin nerve wracking lol...listening to Sandy Clough on the radio gushing over how bad we are going to destroy Baltimore, Ray Lewis is a shell of himself, etc etc

slim
01-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Hope so. Damn this is a long wait. Its only Tuesday. Freakin nerve wracking lol...listening to Sandy Clough on the radio gushing over how bad we are going to destroy Baltimore, Ray Lewis is a shell of himself, etc etc

Sandy is right.

nyuk nyuk
01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Posters here have gotten on me for calling this division playoff a gimme, but... Barring a serious collapse by Denver, it simply is.

T.K.O.
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Lewis got 13 tackles last week and will be playing like there's no tomorrow.....hopefully for the ravens there will be no tomorrow.
but i remember barely reaching the 50 agaist those fargin' bastages.
i just hope we have a srong game in all 3 phases,that happens and we will win.
the ravens play big in big games.
we need a beast effort out of knowshon to keep Manning loose.

weazel
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
They only win here if half the Broncos are debilitated in drunken driving crashes on the way to the stadium.

wow people's heads get clouded easily.
They have beat over and over again and we only just beat them for the first time in a long time

The Ravens are not playing as bad as they were at the time we played them

They are going to have a lot more motivation on D than they did last game being the playoffs and the retirement of at least 1 of their top performers

It's never easy to beat the same team twice in a small amount of time

If not for a very big turnover in the last game that changed the momentum, it could have a very different game. Without that turnover and score at the end of the 1st half and us getting the ball to start the 2nd, the score would have been a lot different without them having to throw the ball as often.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Broncos should win if they go out and play the way they should and don't come out slow like they did for most of the season. I just dont think it's going to be close. Baltimore isn't the 4th ranked team because they suck.

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Something I've noticed time and again during my years of watching football.

Many, many times, problems that surfaced at the beginning of the year and were later "solved" reappear in the playoffs under pressure situations.

If some of our problems like turnovers, and poor 3rd down defense crop back up now, we will have a very difficult time beating the Ravens, even if we are at home.

zbeg
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Posters here have gotten on me for calling this division playoff a gimme, but... Barring a serious collapse by Denver, it simply is.

The Ravens are getting healthy again, they have a top 4 running back, a quarterback who while inconsistent is capable of making throws that most players couldn't dream of making, a good speed receiver, a giant possession receiver, a defensive unit that's led by last year's defensive player of the year, and a hall of fame linebacker who has his teammates amped through the roof.

This game doesn't look like a gimme to me at all.

Canmore
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
The Ravens are getting healthy again, they have a top 4 running back, a quarterback who while inconsistent is capable of making throws that most players couldn't dream of making, a good speed receiver, a giant possession receiver, a defensive unit that's led by last year's defensive player of the year, and a hall of fame linebacker who has his teammates amped through the roof.

This game doesn't look like a gimme to me at all.

This does not look like a gimme to me either. All the points you make are valid and point to a lot closer game than I would like. Lewis is going to have the Ravens amped up and I'm sure the beating they took from us at home a few weeks back is not sitting well either. To me this game looks close. Hopping for a beat down but not expecting it.

VonMiller58
01-08-2013, 05:49 PM

You know what's even worse than that? Waiting to play the Pats the following week-end. There's going to be so much hype going into that game. I want to be those ******** so damn bad.

Nomad
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
The BRONCO players know it won't be easy and they're in for a battle and know it won't be the same game as a few weeks ago.

SR
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
The BRONCO players know it won't be easy and they're in for a battle and know it won't be the same game as a few weeks ago.

As long as THEY know that and prepare accordingly, I think they'll be ok.

Canmore
01-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Hope so.. think so. If they don't, this is going to be one short post season.

Nomad
01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
As long as THEY know that and prepare accordingly, I think they'll be ok.

I know they'll prepare, it's executing the plays and stopping them, because the Ravens will be better prepared as well. Moreno will not be able to hurdle this time:lol: though it was a sweet move.

BORDERLINE
01-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm so anxious for the game to be played. My hopes are high for this year I feel we are there. Just thinking of what we are capable of gets me all hyped. It starts with Saturday we have to make it happen

Simple Jaded
01-08-2013, 11:49 PM
The Broncos have traditionally been the Ravens bicth, insisting that this game is a gimme is just foolish.......

1uP
01-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Many, many times, problems that surfaced at the beginning of the year and were later "solved" reappear in the playoffs under pressure situations.

If some of our problems like turnovers, and poor 3rd down defense crop back up now, we will have a very difficult time beating the Ravens, even if we are at home.

This is exactly what I'm worried about, and this game will definitely not be handed to us either way. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know their ass from their elbow.

We've been raven spit-up one too many times -.-

NightTrainLayne
01-12-2013, 11:45 PM

:sigh: not just any sigh, but the heaviest saddest sigh I've had in a long time.