PDA

View Full Version : From Ravens Fan Forum

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2013, 06:49 PM
So far, most of the Ravens' fans have not been bad, but this NE fan is sticking it to the Broncos

His first post

"I would not be surprised if you beat the Broncos.
The Broncos are the most over hyped, ESPN Kool aid team in the NFL.

The Texans, Falcons, and Patriots all imposed their will all over Denver this season.
Denver only beat the Ravens (their one decent win all season) when Baltimore was in a complete state of dysfunction, with injuries and offensive coordinators.

Denver plays in the AFC West, which is by far the most pathetic division in football, and many of their performances, against teams like the 2-12 Chiefs and the lolRaiders, weren't that impressive offensively.

I believe Denver is an overrated football team that has an 11 game winning streak against the absolute bottom feeders of the NFL. Every other good team in the NFL dominated Denverand had the games over by the 3rd quarter.
Peyton has historically laid eggs in post season games. Even his Superbowl run was diminished by the fact he only had 3 touchdown passes and seven interceptions. You drag Peyton into a post-season dog fight and he could crumble and have a 3 pick day.

Their defense and team is also very young, and the lights get too bright for some teams in the real football season.

If Ravens defense has one more Raven-style game in them and the worst Flacco doesn't show up, I say Denver gets upset in their own stadium."

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/50544-divisonal-playoffs-denver/page__st__100#entry1295273

This person's second post:

"Bronco fans are sort of pitiful. They hire Manning like a quarterback-mercenary, discarding their team identity in favor of a season or two of relevance. Then they latch on to Manning like a parasite and act like they drafted him and cultivated him and he's "their quarterback" which is laughable. Manning is a Bronco like Montana is a Chief."

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/50544-divisonal-playoffs-denver/page__st__100#entry1295320

BroncoNut
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
anything is possible I guess.

Northman
01-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Pats fan sounds really scared. Its cute.

cmc0605
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I left this response on that forum
########################

So now free agency isn't a part of football? Better tell that to the dynasty Patriots over the last decade.

Actually, most teams aren't blessed with a hall of fame QB who can play for 10+ years. Most teams actually try to get better. Now since McDaniels (who came from the Pats) effectively ruined our franchise and destroyed our "team identity" it was necessary to fix that. Fox and Elway didn't think Tebow was the answer, as most people would agree. So they made a move to get the best QB on the market. Let's not pretend anyone (including you) would have been disappointed if they didn't have Brady. 49ers fans wanted it bad. And who can blame them? But everything else about Denver aside from the three Colts (including the defense, runningbacks, o-line) is from Denver or the typical shuffling around of players between teams. Believe it or not, this is a business. It's nice to associate the Pats with Brady, the Ravens with Ray Lewis, etc, but teams don't have "souls" and are constantly in flux.

Yes, Denver fans are excited. Why shoudn't we be? Sorry we can't get on our high horse after being blessed with a decade-long dynasty team (that will soon devolve into mediocrity within a couple years). We've been trying to get better. We're not all the way there yet, but still contenders.

Broncfan1970
01-06-2013, 07:02 PM
What is laughable is the train of thought that if we win it doesn't somehow count because manning came via free agency. If that's the case then any team that up grades any position via free agency and wins it all did so only because they signed a key player. If I was the pats fan id worry more about watt exacting revenge for their loss on brady. I think some pats fans just assume they will win out in play offs every year

SR
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't even waste my time giving that dumbshit the time of day. He obviously doesn't remember Denver going to Baltimore and dominating. They're all scared.

BroncoNut
01-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I left this response on that forum
########################

So now free agency isn't a part of football? Better tell that to the dynasty Patriots over the last decade.

Actually, most teams aren't blessed with a hall of fame QB who can play for 10+ years. Most teams actually try to get better. Now since McDaniels (who came from the Pats) effectively ruined our franchise and destroyed our "team identity" it was necessary to fix that. Fox and Elway didn't think Tebow was the answer, as most people would agree. So they made a move to get the best QB on the market. Let's not pretend anyone (including you) would have been disappointed if they didn't have Brady. 49ers fans wanted it bad. And who can blame them? But everything else about Denver aside from the three Colts (including the defense, runningbacks, o-line) is from Denver or the typical shuffling around of players between teams. Believe it or not, this is a business. It's nice to associate the Pats with Brady, the Ravens with Ray Lewis, etc, but teams don't have "souls" and are constantly in flux.

Yes, Denver fans are excited. Why shoudn't we be? Sorry we can't get on our high horse after being blessed with a decade-long dynasty team (that will soon devolve into mediocrity within a couple years). We've been trying to get better. We're not all the way there yet, but still contenders.
yeah, seems like I heard a very similar post from Patsfan on the Manning thing. how we didn't draft him so it doesn't matter???????? war drums are beating here in the baltimore area. NFL fans are weird

ikillz0mbies
01-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Ha! The poster posted that in a Ravens forum and not a Broncos forum? Coward. Couldn't the same be said about the Patriots, who consistently have an easy schedule year in and year out? Who are they up against in their division? Mark Sanchez and the Jets? Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills? A rookie QB in Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins? Please. Broncos beat the teams they're supposed to beat and their losses were early in the season. Does said poster realize the Patriots lost to the Ravens (who the Broncos beat), the Cardinals with garbage QB's, and the Seahawks with a rookie QB?

Nice try buddy.

chazoe60
01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
That's gotta be NEP. He is so scared of the Broncos it's hilarious. He can't hide the terror he feels.

BroncoNut
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
That's gotta be NEP. He is so scared of the Broncos it's hilarious. He can't hide the terror he feels.

actually sounds alot like her

HORSEPOWER 56
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
You guys smell that? FEAR. That message board is RANK with it! All they can do is try hard to convince themselves that the prior game in their house was some kind of anomaly, even though the Ravens have been playing like shit for weeks (except the Giants game). Or that we can't beat good teams (Pats queer) - except that the Pats lost to the Cardinals AT HOME...

Let them pump themselves up with false hope. The Ravens are eliminated on Saturday.

Dapper Dan
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
They talk about this regular season and say we got owned by three teams. Then they fail to mention that the Ravens lost to Charlie Batch.

They talk about the post season, like the Ravens have done anything in the last 10 years.

Simple Jaded
01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Apparently it's better to suck with a "team identity" than to field an actually, real life NFL offense. I can only speak for myself but Peyton Manning is far more "my QB" than that "team identity" ever had a chance of being.......

cmc0605
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM
It's pretty telling over there that the only thing people can come up with is Denver's rather easy schedule. No one actually thinks the Ravens have a shot, but are somehow banking on Denver being a secret pretender that has imposed their will on below average teams (as if we somehow controlled our schedule).

Dapper Dan
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
I guess they have a point. The toughest game later in the season was against Baltimore. And obviously, they suck.

PatriotsGuy
01-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Sounds like WTE

Army Bronco
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
So the Patriots have drafted every single player on their team? No free agents? Well, whenever the Patriots lose this guy needs to be on suicide watch. Take his belt, laces, and dont give him silverware. On second thought.... give him everything anyways.

Broncfan1970
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
So the Patriots have drafted every single player on their team? No free agents? Well, whenever the Patriots lose this guy needs to be on suicide watch. Take his belt, laces, and dont give him silverware. On second thought.... give him everything anyways.

No but evidently that's ok unless said players are a franchise QB....

Dapper Dan
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM

It's a good thing we drafted Elway.

Nomad
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
It's a good thing we drafted Elway.

You think so:lol:

Nick
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
someone needs to remind them they are nine point under dogs

silkamilkamonico
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
The patriots are the fourth best team in the nfcwest.

Pretenders

MasterShake
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
That forum is cute. I for one refuse to come down from up high to wallow in their filth. Like their team, their fans have to answer to the Broncos and judgment day is nigh. I will smile at them from the ashes of their defeat on Saturday, but that is the only acknowledgement they will get from me.

Dapper Dan
01-06-2013, 09:27 PM
That forum is cute. I for one refuse to come down from up high to wallow in their filth. Like their team, their fans have to answer to the Broncos and judgment day is nigh. I will smile at them from the ashes of their defeat on Saturday, but that is the only acknowledgement they will get from me.

When I see your sig, my first thought is "Pray offs? Y u no make Pray ons?"

Skinny
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
I so thought of this when i read that...

1FUB8SrlQAE

Army Bronco
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM

It's a good thing we drafted Elway. Who is this " Elway" you speak of? Is he any good at football?

topscribe
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
This will be a tough game.

I'm just glad we have Peyton and they have Joe . . .

WTE
01-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Sounds like WTE

Are you talking behind my back?

Poet
01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Because beating Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore is just super easy.

Dapper Dan
01-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Who is this " Elway" you speak of? Is he any good at football?

He's more of a baseball player. I think he played for the Yankees. The Colts drafted him, but he didn't want to play for them because they sucked balls. So he went to play for the Yankees. Or something like that. I hear he's a good pool player.

Dapper Dan
01-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Because beating Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore is just super easy.

Yeah. I'm sure the Ravens won in Cincinnati and beat the Steelers at home.

Poet
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
NE fans are the real reason why people hate the Patriots.

Army Bronco
01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
NE fans are the real reason why people hate the Patriots.Not all fans but some. My last Colonel is a pats fan and he was the best boss. He gave me some real opportunities as a new 2LT that most wouldnt get. But then we get this jack arse who started this thread. He is special. He was the kid who got bullied all his life and now gets on the internet to let out his frustrations..... i.e. "wahhh you suck, i am always right and everyone is beneath me".

Dzone
01-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Lmao!!!!!!!

"Bronco fans are sort of pitiful. They hire Manning like a quarterback-mercenary, discarding their team identity in favor of a season or two of relevance. Then they latch on to Manning like a parasite and act like they drafted him and cultivated him and he's "their quarterback" which is laughable. Manning is a Bronco like Montana is a Chief."

Army Bronco
01-07-2013, 02:37 AM
That's gotta be NEP. He is so scared of the Broncos it's hilarious. He can't hide the terror he feels.It is, Dbag NEP. He uses the same exact avatar. Man he hates Denver...lol Alot! His GF must of left him for a Broncos fan.

sneakers
01-07-2013, 05:53 AM
I like northman's avatar picture. This is my official response to the ravens forum.

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 07:32 AM
I like northman's avatar picture. This is my official response to the ravens forum.

Nothing is the best possible response.

Northman
01-07-2013, 08:34 AM

Lol

PatriotsGuy
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Are you talking behind my back?

Maybe

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Nothing is the best possible response.

The fact that NEPatriots went to the Ravens board to post smack about the Broncos (I'm pretty sure its him, same avatar and talking points) tells me everything I need to know about some of their fans mindsets. He is pretty much admitting that he is so nervous about coming to Mile High that he hopes the Ravens somehow knock them off before they have to travel here.

In all honesty I feel the NFL and its fans will be cheated if we don't get at least one more legendary battle between Manning and Brady in an AFC Championship game. They are both great quarterbacks and it should be a hell of a game. As much confidence I have had about the Divisional game, real or not, I am nervous about having to play the Pats and I'm not afraid to admit that because they are a quality team. I'm just happy to have the game here if it comes to that, and I hope that both the Patriots and Broncos take care of business this weekend so we can see 2 of the best ever go at it for what may be the last time in this type of scenario. This is what makes me love the NFL, and the fact that Denver is part of the equation this time makes it that much better.

artie_dale
01-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I've got a buddy at work who is a die-hard Pats fan and we talk about both teams without being biased and surprisingly, very rational. I've chalked up Pats fans to just generally dislike Peyton Manning no matter what. But, if you think about it, it's always been their boy Tom Brady being compared to Peyton Manning. In their eyes, there's no comparisons because Brady has more SB's and broke Peyton's single seasons records right after he broke them. There's just an embeded hate for him. HE even admits that the Broncos are a different team right now than they were the first 5 games. "Growing pains" (new QB, new system (fairly new), and new teammates).

For anyone else to deny that fact, they aren't working listenting to.

PatriotsGuy
01-07-2013, 09:00 AM
In all honesty I feel the NFL and its fans will be cheated if we don't get at least one more legendary battle between Manning and Brady in an AFC Championship game. They are both great quarterbacks and it should be a hell of a game. As much confidence I have had about the Divisional game, real or not, I am nervous about having to play the Pats and I'm not afraid to admit that because they are a quality team. I'm just happy to have the game here if it comes to that, and I hope that both the Patriots and Broncos take care of business this weekend so we can see 2 of the best ever go at it for what may be the last time in this type of scenario. This is what makes me love the NFL, and the fact that Denver is part of the equation this time makes it that much better.

This

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
This

As a Broncos fan there are two times I felt cheated in my fandom. The first of course was the divisional loss to the Jags, and the other was not being able to play the Vikings in Super Bowl 33. I don't like when teams "get hot" late and win it all. I always want to see the 2 best, and I don't necessarily think we see that all the time which is why I am praying for a New England vs Denver AFC Championship game. I'd contend that the last 4 Super Bowls have not been as good as some of the Championship Game matchups.

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
The fact that NEPatriots went to the Ravens board to post smack about the Broncos (I'm pretty sure its him, same avatar and talking points) tells me everything I need to know about some of their fans mindsets. He is pretty much admitting that he is so nervous about coming to Mile High that he hopes the Ravens somehow knock them off before they have to travel here.

Any Given Sunday.

Those three words make me nervous as hell about our game Saturday.

TXBRONC
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Any Given Sunday.

Absolutely but I still like our chance.

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Any Given Sunday.

Part of me makes myself nervous because I think I need this game to be exciting, part of me is cocky and thinking we will kill the Ravens and doesn't know why. That is why I like football so much. There are very few things in life you get to put your heart into that you have absolutely no control over the outcome of. Love, Football, and Day Old Sushi are the only things I can think of that fall into that category and over half the time it ends up with you crapping all over yourself at some point. Well, if you do it right anyway.

BroncoNut
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Part of me makes myself nervous because I think I need this game to be exciting, part of me is cocky and thinking we will kill the Ravens and doesn't know why. That is why I like football so much. There are very few things in life you get to put your heart into that you have absolutely no control over the outcome of. Love, Football, and Day Old Sushi are the only things I can think of that fall into that category and over half the time it ends up with you crapping all over yourself at some point. Well, if you do it right anyway.

I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds cool. a bit of nervousness is a good thing. To be "nervous as hell" is to be gay imo. If I were suiting up in a broncos uniform for the Raven game, I would be focused and keep my feet on the ground. I would certainly respect my Ravenous foe but I would prepare to be tactical, reactive, and to have a soundness of mind and spirit as I come out of the tunnel.

Nomad
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM

You sound like a Patriots fan:couch::lol:.....just giving you crap.

You're right...we have no control, so we can believe what we want and have as much confidence in a team or be somewhat pessimistic. I want to believe the BRONCOS will handle the Ravens like a shark with a seal, but I believe this next game will be much tougher.

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM

You're right...we have no control, so we can believe what we want and have as much confidence in a team or be somewhat pessimistic. I want to believe the BRONCOS will handle the Ravens like a shark with a seal, but I believe this next game will be much tougher.

At this point I think I have made up my mind going forward. I am all in for the Broncos. I don't think there is any reason to doubt this team anymore. I will respect our opponents going forward as a fan of the game, but as a Broncos fan I will have to assume that anyone we face is walking into a meat grinder. This is not the 2005 team that I felt overachieved and lucked into the AFC Championship game (even though I really like Jake Plummer, especially that year), this team is just as good with probably a better defense than our last Super Bowl team. Man, I just pumped myself up. I want to kick a wall or something but I am at work.

Nomad
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
At this point I think I have made up my mind going forward. I am all in for the Broncos. I don't think there is any reason to doubt this team anymore. I will respect our opponents going forward as a fan of the game, but as a Broncos fan I will have to assume that anyone we face is walking into a meat grinder. This is not the 2005 team that I felt overachieved and lucked into the AFC Championship game (even though I really like Jake Plummer, especially that year), this team is just as good with probably a better defense than our last Super Bowl team. Man, I just pumped myself up. I want to kick a wall or something but I am at work.

Don't hold back, MS!:lol:

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Don't hold back, MS!:lol:

YOU ARE RIGHT! I'm gonna kick a wall and then grab my boss and knee him in the groin! Then I'm going to take the next month off and come back after the Super Bowl! WOOOO!

Nomad
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT! I'm gonna kick a wall and then grab my boss and knee him in the groin! Then I'm going to take the next month off and come back after the Super Bowl! WOOOO!

That's the spirit! Then get in his face and say 'GO BRONCOS':D

I think I've seen that movie once.

Superchop 7
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Ray Lewis looked slow and old. Whatever front they bring, Manning will defeat it. Stack Doom and Von on the same side and destroy Flacco. Close game first half.....Broncos pull away second half....two interceptions or more.

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Ray Lewis looked slow and old. Whatever front they bring, Manning will defeat it. Stack Doom and Von on the same side and destroy Flacco. Close game first half.....Broncos pull away second half....two interceptions or more.

Brady exposed him BAD last year in their playoff match up and I expect Manning to do the same. If we can pounce early and build a lead I expect this to be Ray Lewis' retirement party. A retirement party with no cake for Lewis.

Yeah.

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Brady exposed him BAD last year in their playoff match up and I expect Manning to do the same. If we can pounce early and build a lead I expect this to be Ray Lewis' retirement party. A retirement party with no cake for Lewis.

Yeah.

Go see the Funny but Slightly ...... thread.

Broncfan1970
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Looked at Ravens forum earlier and for most part their fans are seem realistic in the terms of discussing what it'd take to win. A few blow hards already makin excuses of only way broncos win is for nfl to fix it for a manning/brady showdown, but hey some people need to be able to cope with loss.

Northman
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM

Yeeeeep.

Slick
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Why do Patriots fans hate Peyton? The Patriots own him.

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeeeeep.

A real picture of North

WTE
01-07-2013, 05:27 PM

I don't think Patriots fans hate Peyton. Most like me are scared to death of him shredding our defense. It's always been a rivalry (sometimes bitter) about who is better - Peyton vs. Brady.

BigDaddyBronco
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM

Sounds like a good plan, have someone take video of it.

Army Bronco
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM

I don't think Patriots fans hate Peyton. Most like me are scared to death of him shredding our defense. It's always been a rivalry (sometimes bitter) about who is better - Peyton vs. Brady. Bledsoe!

Dapper Dan
01-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Bledsoe!

I used to like Bledsoe. I had like 20 Drew Bledsoe cards. I wished he would have been better.

VonMiller58
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
IMO Pats are threatened by the Broncos and only the Broncos. I have a Pats fan as a friend, and he's always always always harping on the Broncos. I received txts during the Ravens and Colts game about how it's going to be an easy game going forward for the Ravens. I think he thinks of AFC Divisional round back in 05 when they came into Denver and lost. Instead of Jake Plummer, it's Peyton Manning. If we want to be a SB team, we have to play these teams either way, no easy way to the SB.

nyuk nyuk
01-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Time to join and have some fun...

nyuk nyuk
01-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Ok first of all that forum has a 1-month moderator approval period for new posts.

Secondly, I hadn't gotten a couple posts in and I get a "warning" email from them already telling me I am trolling and smack-talking.

Of course, Ravens and Patriots fans on that thread are doing both and I pointed it out and also called him a sore loser and told him the Ravens are going to be smashed again Saturday. Then I told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

How pathetic.

Dapper Dan
01-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Ok first of all that forum has a 1-month moderator approval period for new posts.

Dumbest rule ever. I can't stand restrictions like that.

nyuk nyuk
01-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Dumbest rule ever. I can't stand restrictions like that.

That's an excessively long probationary period. Unheard of, and probably something only during the playoffs. Very sensitive people clearly run that forum.

At least the Steelers clowns let me join their forum, even if they were deleting or altering my posts and threads to make it look like I was making lewd homosexual comments.

PatriotsGuy
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
IMO Pats are threatened by the Broncos and only the Broncos. I have a Pats fan as a friend, and he's always always always harping on the Broncos. I received txts during the Ravens and Colts game about how it's going to be an easy game going forward for the Ravens. I think he thinks of AFC Divisional round back in 05 when they came into Denver and lost. Instead of Jake Plummer, it's Peyton Manning. If we want to be a SB team, we have to play these teams either way, no easy way to the SB.

Wait your Pats friend thinks it's an easy game for the Ravens in Denver?

TXBRONC
01-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I went into then Ravens thread that was quoted in the opening post and some the rationalizations for why the Ravens will win are just laughable.

1.) They were missing five of their starters and while that is true they were still at home. Flip side would be if they had won that game they would be beating their chest on how they beat us without those five starters.

2.) Denver hasn't beaten any good teams but have lost to playoff teams and course when Denver beat them they were dysfunctional at the time so Denver win is illegitmate.

Here are the real gems:

3.) Manning isn't accustomed to playing in cold weather. It's not like Manning has ever won games on the road in cold weather nor is it like he like anyone else can become accustomed to playing in the elements. :rolleyes: Besides we have only played in one domed stadium this year.

4.) Flacco plays better in cold weather. Yes the Ravens have a 6-4 record with Flacco in the playoffs and Manning is 9-10 but if I'm they still haven't gone to Super Bowl.

5.) The thin air of Denver is no real advantage. Forget physiology, it will be just like playing in Baltimore.

Don't get me wrong, fans everywhere can make ridiculous rationalizations ours but its still is ridiculous no matter whose fans say it.

Finally, while I think Denver will win this game I don't believe it will be a blowout and sobering thought the Ravens are capable of winning this game irregardless of what advantages we have.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2013, 09:50 AM
My favorite advantage:

The Denver Broncos are 13-3 in playoff games played in Denver.

MasterShake
01-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I went into then Ravens thread that was quoted in the opening post and some the rationalizations for why the Ravens will win are just laughable.

1.) They were missing five of their starters and while that is true they were still at home. Flip side would be if they had won that game they would be beating their chest on how they beat us without those five starters.

2.) Denver hasn't beaten any good teams but have lost to playoff teams and course when Denver beat them they were dysfunctional at the time so Denver win is illegitmate.

Here are the real gems:

3.) Manning isn't accustomed to playing in cold weather. It's not like Manning has ever won games on the road in cold weather nor is it like he like anyone else can become accustomed to playing in the elements. :rolleyes: Besides we have only played in one domed stadium this year.

4.) Flacco plays better in cold weather. Yes the Ravens have a 6-4 record with Flacco in the playoffs and Manning is 9-10 but if I'm they still haven't gone to Super Bowl.

5.) The thin air of Denver is no real advantage. Forget physiology, it will be just like playing in Baltimore.

Don't get me wrong, fans everywhere can make ridiculous rationalizations ours but its still is ridiculous no matter whose fans say it.

Finally, while I think Denver will win this game I don't believe it will be a blowout and sobering thought the Ravens are capable of winning this game irregardless of what advantages we have.

Most of those guys there are talking out of their ass. One of them mentioned that our LACK of depth in our secondary is a weakness and that Tracy Porter has been a liability all year.

???!

If you are going to make all these bullet points, at least get your facts straight.

The bottom line is they are doing the same thing I was doing last year when I knew we were walking into a murder scene with the Pats - they are frantically trying to find things to hang their hats on to help stem the inevitable smackdown coming their way. I don't blame them, no one wants to think their season is over. Somewhere there is a crazy Steeler fan sitting there waving his terrible towel and drinking cough syrup watching VHS copies of their last Super Bowl run. And I don't blame him. Good for him!

VonMiller58
01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Wait your Pats friend thinks it's an easy game for the Ravens in Denver?

That's correct. It's the ignorance that bugs me the most about this guy. I just get annoyed as a Broncos fan who has to scratch and claw his way through victories, and as easy it as it comes for the Pats, he just sits back and is ever so confident because his team has been here before many times. Just let me enjoy this >.<!! Besides all that, if we torched the Ravens in their barn, I'd like to think it will be quite similar if its Mile High.

PatriotsGuy
01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
That's correct. It's the ignorance that bugs me the most about this guy. I just get annoyed as a Broncos fan who has to scratch and claw his way through victories, and as easy it as it comes for the Pats, he just sits back and is ever so confident because his team has been here before many times. Just let me enjoy this >.<!! Besides all that, if we torched the Ravens in their barn, I'd like to think it will be quite similar if its Mile High.

Well I think your friend is delusional if that helps.

VonMiller58
01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Well I think your friend is delusional if that helps.

Well it certainly does confirm everything I had thought.

slim
01-08-2013, 11:03 AM
My favorite advantage:

The Denver Broncos are 13-3 in playoff games played in Denver.

And one of those losses was a fluke :hi:

TXBRONC
01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Most of those guys there are talking out of their ass. One of them mentioned that our LACK of depth in our secondary is a weakness and that Tracy Porter has been a liability all year.

???!

If you are going to make all these bullet points, at least get your facts straight.

The bottom line is they are doing the same thing I was doing last year when I knew we were walking into a murder scene with the Pats - they are frantically trying to find things to hang their hats on to help stem the inevitable smackdown coming their way. I don't blame them, no one wants to think their season is over. Somewhere there is a crazy Steeler fan sitting there waving his terrible towel and drinking cough syrup watching VHS copies of their last Super Bowl run. And I don't blame him. Good for him!

Are you telling me to get my facts straight? :viking:

I've admitted to doing similar things. I thought we had a better chance against Patriots than we actually did.

I saw the post you referenced and it shows that person doesn't know anything about the Broncos.

Ravage!!!
01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
How's wes Welker worked out for the pats?

slim
01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
How's wes Welker worked out for the pats?

You mean they have free agents on their team?

weazel
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
So far, most of the Ravens' fans have not been bad, but this NE fan is sticking it to the Broncos

His first post

"I would not be surprised if you beat the Broncos.
The Broncos are the most over hyped, ESPN Kool aid team in the NFL.

The Texans, Falcons, and Patriots all imposed their will all over Denver this season.
Denver only beat the Ravens (their one decent win all season) when Baltimore was in a complete state of dysfunction, with injuries and offensive coordinators.

Denver plays in the AFC West, which is by far the most pathetic division in football, and many of their performances, against teams like the 2-12 Chiefs and the lolRaiders, weren't that impressive offensively.

I believe Denver is an overrated football team that has an 11 game winning streak against the absolute bottom feeders of the NFL. Every other good team in the NFL dominated Denverand had the games over by the 3rd quarter.
Peyton has historically laid eggs in post season games. Even his Superbowl run was diminished by the fact he only had 3 touchdown passes and seven interceptions. You drag Peyton into a post-season dog fight and he could crumble and have a 3 pick day.

Their defense and team is also very young, and the lights get too bright for some teams in the real football season.

If Ravens defense has one more Raven-style game in them and the worst Flacco doesn't show up, I say Denver gets upset in their own stadium."

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/50544-divisonal-playoffs-denver/page__st__100#entry1295273

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/50544-divisonal-playoffs-denver/page__st__100#entry1295320

this being said by a Pats fan... you know, the team that couldn't get more than 2500 people in the stands until they won a superbowl. Pats "fans" are funny guys

chazoe60
01-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Did some browsing of Raven's fan forums today, holy shit those people are bat shit crazy. :laugh:

They are ridiculously over-confident. They're not just saying they can win or this is how they can win etc. it seems a majority of them are acting like their winning is some kind of absolute. They're already talking about how they can't wait to beat NE in the AFCCG. Nucking futz those idiots are.

Broncfan1970
01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Did some browsing of Raven's fan forums today, holy shit those people are bat shit crazy. :laugh:

They are ridiculously over-confident. They're not just saying they can win or this is how they can win etc. it seems a majority of them are acting like their winning is some kind of absolute. They're already talking about how they can't wait to beat NE in the AFCCG. Nucking futz those idiots are.

I went yesterday and saw a post where they said the flu has stricken the population of colorado thus giving them the advantage. The poster said it was per Alfred Williams I was laughing too hard thinking of poor Ed Reed saying he was sick with flu as reason knowshon was able to hurdle him to even search for Williams saying that

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
The purple flirps are likely to be bowled over by the Orange and Blue machine on Saturday.