PDA

View Full Version : Done Deal, Hockey is back

MileHighCrew
01-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Although I am excited as most hockey fans, and glad a deall is done... I really hope fans stay away from the first games played..... that being said, I hope the fans in the none traditional markets come back too

MasterShake
01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Like most years I'll start paying attention after the Super Bowl. They really hurt the game with this BS this year.

SR
01-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Like most years I'll start paying attention after the Super Bowl. They really hurt the game with this BS this year.

My interest has really faded after this as well. I say that, but I'm sure the first game that comes on Altitude I'll probably watch

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2013, 10:29 AM
from article:

An abbreviated season will begin, possibly as long as 52 games and no shorter than 48, some time between Jan. 15-20. Final details will be unveiled probably later Sunday.

The agreement is for 10 years, though either side can opt out after eight years. A main component of the deal calls for a salary cap of $64.3 million in 2013-14, which would be a reduction from the cap of last season, at a little more than $70 million.

Another top detail of the agreement calls for a limit on contracts of seven years (eight if a team signs its own player). Previously, there was no limit on the number of years a player could sign, which led to problems the league felt regarding circumvention of the salary cap.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22320802/nhl-lockout-ends-avs-season-saved

pnbronco
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
My interest has really faded after this as well. I say that, but I'm sure the first game that comes on Altitude I'll probably watch

You know I am a hockey nut case but even I have lost interest. I only missed it the few couple of weeks, now it's like whatever.

Saying all that I'm sure once they are back on the ice and boys are back in town the hockey fever will come back just that fast. I am really happy the lockout is over.....:elefant:

Now get O'Reilly signed ASAP!!!!!!

SR
01-06-2013, 01:01 PM
You know I am a hockey nut case but even I have lost interest. I only missed it the few couple of weeks, now it's like whatever.

Saying all that I'm sure once they are back on the ice and boys are back in town the hockey fever will come back just that fast. I am really happy the lockout is over.....:elefant:

Now get O'Reilly signed ASAP!!!!!!

I keep checking my TSN.ca app to see details on player exodus back to the States and Canada, but I haven't seen anything yet.

pnbronco
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I keep checking my TSN.ca app to see details on player exodus back to the States and Canada, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks SR. If I hear anything I'll post it too. I just know that Landy is really happy that it's over and he has to wear a USA jersey. Must of lost a bet....:lol:

chazoe60
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
What is this "Hockey" you speak of?

SR
01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
What is this "Hockey" you speak of?

Is it the sport that has the stones with handles and the people with brooms?

pnbronco
01-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Nah it's the best sport in the world when the lawyers get the heck out of it. It does have to do with ice like the stones and brooms.

Man it's already starting....dang it I'm such a push over for the hockey boys!

MileHighCrew
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Sportsnet.ca is also a very good app and or webpage for NHL

SR
01-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Sportsnet.ca is also a very good app and or webpage for NHL

Ill check it out. I really like the TSN iPhone app

Northman
01-06-2013, 02:39 PM
What's Hockey? Is that even a sport?

SR
01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
What's Hockey? Is that even a sport?

You're the second person in this thread to ask that and I still don't think there has been a straight forward answer.

pnbronco
01-06-2013, 03:11 PM
You're the second person in this thread to ask that and I still don't think there has been a straight forward answer.

Hey hockey boy. You and UR are the players check those guys into the boards...:D

SR
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey hockey boy. You and UR are the players check those guys into the boards...:D

:).

Thnikkaman
01-06-2013, 07:31 PM
It's about ******* time.

pnbronco
01-07-2013, 12:34 AM
They said on the news that the Avs are planning to be in town by Thurs.

Buff
01-19-2013, 09:02 PM
What happened to Medford Bronco? Haven't seen him around here in forever.

Would expect him to be active on opening night.

SR
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
What happened to Medford Bronco? Haven't seen him around here in forever.

Would expect him to be active on opening night.

Good question.

WTE
01-20-2013, 08:07 AM
I watched the Rangers/Bruins last night and it wasn't nearly as sloppy as I'd thought it would be. It was actually pretty good hockey. A few errant passes when nobody was there but besides that you would never know they went right to the regular season w/out any preseason and minimal training camp.

MileHighCrew
01-20-2013, 08:13 AM
I watched my Canucks open their season last night. It appears they decided it wasn't time to show up yet, they are still on vacation.

pnbronco
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I watched my Canucks open their season last night. It appears they decided it wasn't time to show up yet, they are still on vacation.

I didn't see the game, but by the score it would appear that the Red Wings didn't know that the season had started.

(By the way nice sig MH)

pnbronco
01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
OK I just saw the highlights from Van, now I see what you were saying....ouch!

Sorry....but Selanne is still my guy....I get hugs from him whenever he comes to Denver.

weazel
01-21-2013, 02:42 PM
I didn't think I would be that interested this season but after the Broncos shit the bed I decided to buy the Center Ice Package... if you are thinking of getting it, they have it on for a great price. It's only $50.00 for the season, that's an awesome price!

**edit** I just looked and I guess it's $60.00 in the US, dunno why.