PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' John Fox fashions bye week to resemble nothing like off week

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Q: What kinds of things are the Broncos doing this week in their practices? Do they try to work on things that are specific to the teams they think they might play?

A: Jack, the Broncos will have some of their coaches, especially their quality-control folks, breaking down possible opponents through the week.

The Broncos have three playoff scenarios in front of them. If the Bengals upset the Texans on Saturday, Cincinnati will be coming to Denver next weekend.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22304988/broncos-john-fox-fashions-bye-week-not-at

bcbronc
01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Hope it works. I hate having a week off when we are rolling like we've been. Especially when we haven't played a "have to" win game in weeks. Now we'll be coming off a week of rest to play a team already up to playoff intensity.

Hopefully we play cinci so our boys can smack the doosh outta king's mouth. I don't want to play Baltimore though for our first playoff game....

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Interesting read, insightful. Thanks, Carol. Though i enjoy these posts, i find reading the physical newspaper to be a more enjoyable experience. Don't misunderstand, I also enjoy the internet as a way to consume content, especially news, however i find the tactile interaction stimulates my pleasure molecules into a hyper-state of wanting to eat food. Thanks again for the post.

-Carl :welcome:

spikerman
01-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I really don't like how the pundits and a lot of fans are pretty much giving the Broncos a pass to the AFC Championship game. It's not a forgone conclusion that they're going to make it. It's giving this week a very "Jacksonville Jaguars circa 1996" feel. I hope the Broncos aren't buying into the hype and don't expect to win simply by showing up.

rjent
01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
With Manning, Fox, and Del Rio pushing the agenda, I can not imagine our guys won't be breathing fire when the game is on the line. I expect 100 percent effort and more when the game is on the line. We could have "slacked" on the last 5 games, but we didn't. I can't imagine us doing that next weekend....

JMHO

Ravage!!!
01-05-2013, 12:08 PM
I really don't like how the pundits and a lot of fans are pretty much giving the Broncos a pass to the AFC Championship game. It's not a forgone conclusion that they're going to make it. It's giving this week a very "Jacksonville Jaguars circa 1996" feel. I hope the Broncos aren't buying into the hype and don't expect to win simply by showing up.

Peyton has lost a LOT of games after having a first round bye, and John Elway was a part of that '96 loss. I don't think its forgotten, and I certainly know that no one is going to take our first game for granted considering the experience on the team and management.

The difference from now and '96, is that we had things SOOO wrapped up by week 13, that we were resting people the second half of the games, and didn't have to play anyone the last game because we didn't have anything to play for. We at least had something to play for against the Chiefs this year. Then, we didn't play a full game of starters for a month..... this will be a week.

spikerman
01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Peyton has lost a LOT of games after having a first round bye, and John Elway was a part of that '96 loss. I don't think its forgotten, and I certainly know that no one is going to take our first game for granted considering the experience on the team and management.

The difference from now and '96, is that we had things SOOO wrapped up by week 13, that we were resting people the second half of the games, and didn't have to play anyone the last game because we didn't have anything to play for. We at least had something to play for against the Chiefs this year. Then, we didn't play a full game of starters for a month..... this will be a week.

I hope you're right. I like your attitude better than mine!