PDA

View Full Version : serious ******* question: has a qb ever won a super bowl with 2 different teams

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 02:50 PM
do you even know? if you do post the answer

NOW

Ravage!!!
01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
No...

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 02:54 PM
no, you don't know or no, it has never happened?

Canmore
01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
no, you don't know or no, it has never happened?

No it hasn't happened!

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 03:11 PM
this could be the first time in history then! if manning were to win it all, once, maybe twice... do you think he would go into the hall of fame as a bronco? lets say he plays 5 years... how long did marshall faulk play for the colts? would he go in as a colt or ram? interesting premise to say the least, some might even say food for thought. those guys are idiots.(the colts, not "those guys")

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
all I know is that if you go in as a colt and come out as a ram something is messed up.

Mods? please shitpile this thread and administer a permaban on this member HotCarl. tia :hi:

BroncoWave
01-04-2013, 03:15 PM
You don't go into the NFL HOF as a member of a specific team. That's baseball.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
You don't go into the NFL HOF as a member of a specific team. That's baseball.

I didn't know that. you retire as a member of a specific team though...

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
this is a serious thread, forums user "bronconut". if you don't like it, move on to greener pastures. might I suggest the thread started by forums moderator "Davii" based on a whimsical "caption this" premise about a photo taken out of context. until further notice, TIA

Chef Zambini
01-04-2013, 03:21 PM
carl, players do not enter the HOF for pro football asa particular rep for a team. it is not like the baseball HOF where they select a teaM CAP TO BE WORN, ETC.
THEY JOIN A new team !
the teams they play for are listed in their bios.
for example joe montana was not enshrined asa 49er ! he entered the HOF as joe montana and his TEAMS are listed in his history on his plaque. but the plaque does not say, joe montana, 49er QB.
I dont think ANY QB has won the SB as a starter on 2 different teams.
our own craig morton was a QB for the cowboys and the broncos when both teams went to the SB.
Peyton, if he wins as a bronco, it will be historic !
and I am pretty sure first time EVER !
even before the SB, I dont think any QB has won the title with 2 different teams.
I dont think a HC has done it either, as the HC !

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
good to know! thanks for your help, all. except "bronconuts" or whatever his name is what exciting times to be alive and be a broncos fan!

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Carl, it is my understanding that an NFL player does not enter the HOF with the distinction of being a member of a specific team. I believe, however, that indeed is the case with professional baseball

jhildebrand
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Carl,

If Manning, say in an alternate and parallel universe, could choose which team he is going into the HOF as-which do you think he should choose?

Also, as someone else has already mentioned, he does get to retire as a member of a particular team. Should he teach Jim Irsay a lesson and retire a Bronco. Maybe he could use the ol, trusty: "Colts grow up to be Broncos" to stick it to em in his retirement presser!?!?

Finally, I need a new AVI, got any help for me there?

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Carl,

If Manning, say in an alternate and parallel universe, could choose which team he is going into the HOF as-which do you think he should choose?

Also, as someone else has already mentioned, he does get to retire as a member of a particular team. Should he teach Jim Irsay a lesson and retire a Bronco. Maybe he could use the ol, trusty: "Colts grow up to be Broncos" to stick it to em in his retirement presser!?!?

Finally, I need a new AVI, got any help for me there?

good questions and comments perhaps worthy of its own thread, definitely some "food for thought" there, if you catch my drift, however i will have to think about that.

on the topic of an "avi" or "avatar" i can offer you some helpful ideas, buit unfortuanately this god awful forums software is set to not allow us to upload images directly and i don't feel like throwing it on a host right now, i will get back to you on that matter. tia

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
i have to admit this thread did get me thinking. has any qb ever won a superbowl with 2 broken legs?

Ravage!!!
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Players USED to go into the HoF for a specific team. That changed. So for some of us that are "mature" enough to have been around, it still comes natural to feel as though players go in for/with specific teams.

That being said. I don't think that the Rams would have ever been a consideration for Manning.

PatriotsGuy
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Shut up hotcarl

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
i have to admit this thread did get me thinking. has any qb ever won a superbowl with 2 broken legs?

generally speaking, my understanding is that no, no QB has won a superboal with 2 broken legs, however, in baseball you can continue to coach and play long after your career should have been over.

jhildebrand
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Tom Brady is the only QB to make it to the SuperBowl with 2 different teams.

He won 3 Superbowls with the Cheatriots and the camcorder.

He lost 2 Superbowls as a member of the Patriots.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
generally speaking, my understanding is that no, no QB has won a superboal with 2 broken legs, however, in baseball you can continue to coach and play long after your career should have been over.

Are you sure? not even Simon of Cirean in Christ's time?

weazel
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
hotcarl, it is my understanding (from reading it in this thread about 5 times already) that an NFL HOF'er doesn't go into the HOF as a member of a team, just as himself.

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 04:49 PM
hotcarl, it is my understanding (from reading it in this thread about 5 times already) that an NFL HOF'er doesn't go into the HOF as a member of a team, just as himself.

I would think they would need to make certain considerations, however, if someone won 2 superbowls with 2 different teams, which to my knowledge has never been done before. perhaps it has just never come up because of that. I wonder which team manning would choose to be inducted as. I would think his choice would be between the broncos and the colts in this scenario.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I think the question that needs to be addressed is did Peyton play for any team besides Indianapolis and Denver? and if so, did that team win a superbowl while he was there, and if so, in what capacity?

chazoe60
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
He'll go in as a Jaguar.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 04:57 PM
He'll go in as a Jaguar.

that is racist as hell

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I think the question that needs to be addressed is did Peyton play for any team besides Indianapolis and Denver? and if so, did that team win a superbowl while he was there, and if so, in what capacity?

I think the rabbit hole goes deeper than that, dear poster. who knew what, and when did they know it? who knew if they won the super bowl? who won it with which team? who had the capacity to pull it off?

weazel
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
He'll go in as a Jaguar.

he'll go in as a black panther

spikerman
I just want to know if hotcarl can make his text blink. That would be amazing.

weazel

spikerman
01-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I wonder if he gets more than one bust if he has multiple personality disorder. It's probably worth asking the question. Any organization stupid enough to keep out Randy Gradishar is stupid enough to fall for almost anything.

camdisco24
01-04-2013, 06:37 PM
This thread has been educational and thought provoking.

TIA Hotcarl.

chazoe60
01-04-2013, 06:58 PM
I wonder if he gets more than one bust if he has multiple personality disorder. It's probably worth asking the question. Any organization stupid enough to keep out Randy Gradishar is stupid enough to fall for almost anything.

We'll find out the answer to that question when Brett Favre goes in.

FanInAZ
01-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Tom Brady is the only QB to make it to the SuperBowl with 2 different teams.

He won 3 Superbowls with the Cheatriots and the camcorder.

He lost 2 Superbowls as a member of the Patriots.

Actually, Craig Morton led the Cowboys to SB V before leading us to SB XII.

All though he didn’t lead 2 different teams all the way to SBs, Earl Morrall lead the Colts to SB III & later came off the bench to lead them to a come win in SB V. He later won 9 regular season games, & a play-off game, for the Dolphins in relief injured Bob Griese during their perfect '72 season.

Bob Griese during their perfect '72 season

MOtorboat
01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Kurt Warner came a few minutes short.

nyuk nyuk
01-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Who cares?

WTE
01-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Kerry Collins led his team to the Super Bowl and then he led himself to the bar.

Joel
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM

All though he didn’t lead 2 different teams all the way to SBs, Earl Morrall lead the Colts to SB III & later came off the bench to lead them to a come win in SB V. He later won 9 regular season games, & a play-off game, for the Dolphins in relief injured Bob Griese during their perfect '72 season.

I was wondering if there might be such a case; few people think of backups, but they're still on the roster (and without Morrall Unitas would never have gotten a Ring.) I always remember Morton because he was not only the first (and still only) QB to start a SB for two different CONFERENCES, but lost the second to the guy whot took his job after the first: Roger Staubach. He probably has a Staubach voodoo doll to this day. :tongue:

We can run down the list of winners pretty quickly and see no one has done it with multiple teams, for which there's a very good reason, or rather, many. Super Bowl wins require a lot of stars to align (just ask Tom Landry or Dan Reeves, or the Vikings and Bills teams loaded with HoF talent on both sides of the ball who had the misfortune of facing the best teams in NFL history.) Those who manage it, QBs included, know that better than anyone, and aren't inclined to mess with their rare and precious winning formula.

Super Bowl winners usually won't dump a starting QB until he's clearly beyond winning championships, and they usually only ask to leave for the same reason: To retire, not compete. Anyone tempted to cite Montanta/Favre is hereby reminded how many SBs those guys won with their new teams, and how many more seasons they played. The only reasonably close exception is Warner, and I bet he and the Rams wish they had that one to do over again. ;)

Frankly, while I like our chances, all the people who seem to be taking an eventual Super Bowl win for granted scare the crap out of me. You'd think the other three times Denver finished 13-3 would've taught the fans that hubris ate nemesis: One-and-done against Pitt, one-and-done against a team that didn't even EXIST two years earlier, and our first home AFC Championship loss, when our QB finished the season with the lowest turnover total of his career only to throw two picks AND cough up two fumbles in the only AFCCG Denver ever lost at Mile High.

Arrogance after a win is classless, but arrogance BEFORE a win is just stupid. Ask the Cheatriots how proud they are of the coach who went for it on 4th and double digits late in the SB with a 4 point lead. :tsk:

Oh, and HC: What does all this have to do with your most beloved topic? It's not even German, let alone Nazi. ;)

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 11:33 PM
sidebar:can we get a mod in here to make joel stop posting about nazis and stuff?

back on topic: so is "hatin'" manning the mvp of the superbowl or just the first mother $%#^&#( (bleep) to win this mother truckin thing? can i get a heimen? horch

looks like we got the first boy in history winning this thing. looks nice, reaaaallll nice boys we got er in the bag. love me some manny! dog will hunt TI= to the mutha ****** A

TXBRONC
01-05-2013, 10:45 AM

It's the same number of wins as quarterbacks with one broken leg and no broken legs.

Chef Zambini
01-05-2013, 01:47 PM
floyd little last year, the HOF took a huge leap forward by rectifying that injustice!
Now, was little the greatest ever RB to play for the broncos/
NO, that would be TD, so they need to get that right too, to legitimize their existence !
get your shit together canton, if you want to be known as something more than just another town in ohio to go bowling.

TERREL DAVIS HOF !

MOtorboat
01-05-2013, 01:49 PM
floyd little last year, the HOF took a huge leap forward by rectifying that injustice!
Now, was little the greatest ever RB to play for the broncos/
NO, that would be TD, so they need to get that right too, to legitimize their existence !
get your shit together canton, if you want to be known as something more than just another town in ohio to go bowling.

TERREL DAVIS HOF !

Huh?

Chef Zambini
01-05-2013, 02:02 PM
THANKS CARL FOR REMINDING US ALL about the not so serious nature of what we say and post here in our little tree house of bronco fandom.

Chef Zambini
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Huh?

dont rupture your spleen mo.
(ok go ahead and have a nice rupture if you want )
I know the township of canton does not decide who gets elected to the hall.

You and rav are the ones deciding who is worthy.

MOtorboat
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM

No, I totally agree with you. Terrell Davis should be in the hall of fame. I just don't know how that fits in here, and it didn't read like a joke.

Ravage!!!
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM

You sure you are in the correct thread?

BroncoNut
01-05-2013, 02:17 PM
No, I totally agree with you. Terrell Davis should be in the hall of fame. I just don't know how that fits in here, and it didn't read like a joke.

i thought zam's post was pretty straightforward. it sounded to me like you were disagreeing about something with the post, but maybe you really just didn't comprehend the communication.

BroncoNut
01-05-2013, 02:18 PM
i thought zam's post was pretty straightforward. it sounded to me like you were disagreeing about something with the post, but maybe you really just didn't comprehend the communication.

wait, nevermind mo, I see what you are saying sorry :hi:

OrangeHoof
01-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Thank you. That was all I was going to add.

Chef Zambini
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
No, I totally agree with you. Terrell Davis should be in the hall of fame. I just don't know how that fits in here, and it didn't read like a joke.ANY discussion of the NFL HOF begins and ends with the omission of TD, thats just the way I roll.
I am persistant in the face of injustice !
perhaps you have noticed?

Nomad
01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Damnit......you mean BRONCOS ain't winning the Superbowl with Manning. Damnit I guess I'll go on a binge:drinking::lol:

Ravage!!!
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
ANY discussion of the NFL HOF begins and ends with the omission of TD, thats just the way I roll.
I am persistant in the face of injustice !
perhaps you have noticed?

But this is NOT a discussion on the HoF.. :confused:

DenBronx
01-05-2013, 03:49 PM
What did I learn from this thread???

TI to the mutha ******* A!!!

BroncoNut
01-05-2013, 06:02 PM
But this is NOT a discussion on the HoF.. :confused:

in fairness it turned into that with one of HotCarl's idiotic posts

Joel
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM