PDA

View Full Version : TSN:Broncos At Bills

Skinny
09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Broncos at Bills
Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (CBS), Ralph Wilson Stadium

War Room scouts break down every NFL game. Here is a excerpt of their Broncos-Bills matchup:

Broncos Keys For Success

1. Run between the tackles. Buffalo's defensive front is built around rushing the passer and forcing turnovers, sacrificing size for speed. Ends Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay take their initial steps upfield and can be walled off on inside running plays. Look for Henry to pound the ball up the middle.

2. Use more two-tight end sets. With injuries and weaknesses at wide receiver and a desire to use more one-back sets, coaches will have two tight ends on the field more than usual. Newcomer Daniel Graham provides the reliable target Cutler must find quickly to take pressure off linemen by making Buffalo balance its defensive front.

3. Double-team wide receiver Lee Evans. Evans became Losman's unofficial go-to guy last season, ending with a bang with 12 receptions for a 17.4-yard average in the final two games. The weakness of the Bills' passing game is its lack of a vertical threat at tight end. Expect the Broncos to double-cover Evans in most situations to make Losman go through his progressions to find a checkdown target.

Bills Keys For Success

1. Bounce runs to the outside. Denver ends tend to get caught peeking inside in the running game, allowing an offensive tackle or tight end to seal them off so the ball carrier can bounce outside. Lynch has the vision and explosion to get beyond the tackle box, especially to his left. That will put pressure on Broncos cornerbacks to stop the run.

2. Use misdirection in the passing game. Broncos linebackers are quick in pursuit but can get caught up in misdirection plays, especially on passes that affect their ability to cover. Losman has the foot speed to run bootleg counter-action plays that will allow him to hit underneath receivers while avoiding the Broncos' talented secondary.

3. Use more blitz packages. Denver's offensive line is so banged up a tight end was forced to play tackle in exhibitions. Even if the line is at full strength by Week 1, players' timing will be off. Buffalo has had problems stopping the run and can increase rookie middle linebacker Paul Posluszny's effectiveness by sending him through the line.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=262656

This is'nt a bad game plane for both teams, however i don't see Bates doubling up on Evans, whom i imagine Champ will be on (maybe not), other than protecting the deep route by keeping a Safety over the top.

Den21vsBal19
09-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Damn, it's nearly time to start again:D

Thanks for the read, Skinny :thumb:

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks Skinny. I think you're right, I doubt that Evans gets doubled teamed, although Bates might in certain situations.