PDA

View Full Version : Marshall, Dawkins return to Broncos' practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13135343

Training camp resumed this afternoon with receiver Brandon Marshall and safety Brian Dawkins back in uniform. Dawkins was wearing an orange jersey and a cast on his broken right hand. The orange jersey is to let other players know he is not have contact.

Marshall had missed the past two weeks of training camp with a leg injury and to deal with his misdemeanor battery trial in Atlanta.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Fantastic news!

This is another reason I am glad to have Dawkins. He is a fantastic example for the youngsters. I feel that most players would have continue to sit out with the cast on their hand.

Also, having Marshall back should really help Orton out in the passing game.

girler
08-16-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13135343

Training camp resumed this afternoon with receiver Brandon Marshall and safety Brian Dawkins back in uniform. Dawkins was wearing an orange jersey and a cast on his broken right hand. The orange jersey is to let other players know he is not have contact.

Marshall had missed the past two weeks of training camp with a leg injury and to deal with his misdemeanor battery trial in Atlanta.

Now that he has been found not guilty, this can be summed up as a "pesky little law thing." :laugh: If he'd been found guilty, it would have been MUCH bigger. Now, hopefully he catches Dawkins' energy (and realizes what a close call he head/what a lucky ******* he is) and gets to work!!!

dogfish
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
yay. . .

TXBRONC
08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
That should be a big boost to both sides of the ball.

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 05:58 PM
one has to wonder if he is no free and clear from Goodell giving him time off..

I know that if he had been found guilty he would have gotten time..

now that Goodell has transcripts he still has that option to suspend him..

or to at least have a NYC chat with him..

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM

That would just make you all too happy. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 06:08 PM
That would just make you all too happy. :rolleyes:

not at all

but I think one more chat with Goodell just might put the fear of God in him and I suspect he needs that more than a pat on his ass by his lawyer..

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Goodell has no reason to talk to him again. He has already been suspended for this arrest which turned out to be a FALSE arrest since he was cleared of any wrongdoing. Now with Goodell's ego it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to talk to him but in reality he has absolutely no reason to.

dogfish
08-16-2009, 06:23 PM
come on JR, admit it-- marshall's your new whipping boy now that shanahan's gone. . . everybody sees it, there's no point denying. . . .

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 06:36 PM
come on JR, admit it-- marshall's your new whipping boy now that shanahan's gone. . . everybody sees it, there's no point denying. . . .

well with jay crying his way out of DEN, and no one else to call a moron, maybe I have been a little edgy with this moron..:D

I just do not suffer fools easily, he is a moron for his actions both on and off the field..

I'd take a mid to high Number one or Best offer above that in a heart beat..

Do not see him being a team player..

TXBRONC
08-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Goodell has no reason to talk to him again. He has already been suspended for this arrest which turned out to be a FALSE arrest since he was cleared of any wrongdoing. Now with Goodell's ego it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to talk to him but in reality he has absolutely no reason to.

I think Goodell has reason to talk Marshall considering the events but assume that he would be heavy-handed just because that's the way would approach it if they were the Commissioner.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I think Goodell has reason to talk Marshall considering the events but assume that he would be heavy-handed just because that's the way would approach it if they were the Commissioner.

I guess phone call would suffice but I just don't see him having any reason to call him back to NYC unless he slips up again.

Tned
08-16-2009, 07:16 PM

Since he was already given a suspension for what he was just tried for, he should not be suspended, and I believe the NFL office has said as much.

Tned
08-16-2009, 07:18 PM
well with jay crying his way out of DEN, and no one else to call a moron, maybe I have been a little edgy with this moron..:D

I just do not suffer fools easily, he is a moron for his actions both on and off the field..

I'd take a mid to high Number one or Best offer above that in a heart beat..

Do not see him being a team player..

On the field? Please eleborate how he is a moron, when most NFL experts consider him one of the top receivers in the game right now.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
On the field? Please eleborate how he is a moron, when most NFL experts consider him one of the top receivers in the game right now.

He's going to bring up Marshall pulling the glove out of his pants in support of Obama. I bet you 10 bucks.

Tned
08-16-2009, 07:26 PM
He's going to bring up Marshall pulling the glove out of his pants in support of Obama. I bet you 10 bucks.

At least that's something, because other than fumbling when fighting for extra yards, I couln't think of a thing. Now, that was a STUPID move, that Stokely (I think it was Stokely) prevented him from making, but one dumb endzone celebration does not a career define.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 07:30 PM
At least that's something, because other than fumbling when fighting for extra yards, I couln't think of a thing. Now, that was a STUPID move, that Stokely (I think it was Stokely) prevented him from making, but one dumb endzone celebration does not a career define.

Especially given the likes of Ochocinco and TO. And it appears to be a mistake he learned from since that was his only incident.

TXBRONC
08-16-2009, 10:00 PM

That really depends on who you ask.

If you ask me, I agree with you one incident in four years does not define a career.

TXBRONC
08-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Since he was already given a suspension for what he was just tried for, he should not be suspended, and I believe the NFL office has said as much.

The commissioner would be wrong for not imposing double jeopardy.

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 09:48 AM
From the ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4403416) article...

As for Marshall, at times he looked like the player who caught 206 passes, 13 for touchdowns the passed two seasons. He hauled in a short TD pass from rookie quarterback Tom Brandstater on his first catch of the day.

:championship: