PDA

View Full Version : Trade Bait

SR
01-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Peyton Manning has always made average looking receivers look better than they are. That said, with the "emergence" of Eric Decker as a touchdown machine do any of you see Denver moving him for another player in a position of higher need, move up in the draft, or for any other foreseeable reason?

Disclaimer: no I do not think Denver should trade him or do I want them to, I'm just asking for the sake of asking.

chazoe60
01-03-2013, 09:35 PM
No.

SR
01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
No.

Me neither.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Absolutely NO

shank
01-03-2013, 09:55 PM
i was critical of decker early in the season, but he and dt have really hit a stride. keep em, they compliment each other well.

Davii
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM
I will echo everyone else's feelings on this. No.

But I will also add, a year with Manning developing chemistry just means Deck will be that much better

ShaneFalco
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
depends on how much they offer for em. if its a kings ransom then yes.

artie_dale
01-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Thomas & Decker are the biggest targets Peyton has ever had and I think their size contributed to his quick turnaround.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I would trade him for Adrian Peterson.

Buff
01-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Decker has more value playing for us with a year of experience with Manning under his belt than he does with any other team. He stayed healthy, went for 1000 yards and is the 5th Pro Bowl alternate. His size creates mismatches. He's young. We got him at a good price selecting him in the 3rd round. It's not like we have a clear #2 waiting in the wings. It would only create a need trading him. Unless we are blown away with an offer at a clear position of need then I don't really see how it would help us to trade Decker.

tomjonesrocks
01-03-2013, 11:25 PM
You sure you didn't mean to write about Joe Mays?

Army Bronco
01-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Only if we trade him for Tebow! ... ok someone had to throw that joke in so chill! Lol

DenBronx
01-03-2013, 11:46 PM
What would Manning be worth?

No, I don't want us to trade him. Just curious what the market would be like. Now that teams see he is healthy I think they would go apeshit over him.

DenBronx
01-03-2013, 11:48 PM
And....this team is onto something special. Trading star players away when were in the mix isnt smart. I want the damn Lombardi back in Denver!!!

Decker could bring a late 1st. But I wouldnt even bat an eye unless we were to sign Fitzgerald or someone simular.

Dapper Dan
01-04-2013, 12:01 AM
If I've learned anything about a Manning offense, is that you can't put a pricetag on chemistry. This is what has made Tamme and Stokely so important. I see us trying to keep the same players for as long as possible.

I actually think Decker is a pretty good WR and that he's not just a product of a Manning offense, like Austin Collie or someone. His stats are padded by the style of offense, but when you watch him play, I think you can tell he's developed into a good NFL receiver and will only get better.

tubby
01-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Von Miller makes our secondary look good. Trade bait?

No.

CrazyHorse
01-04-2013, 12:12 AM
What would Manning be worth?

No, I don't want us to trade him. Just curious what the market would be like. Now that teams see he is healthy I think they would go apeshit over him.

I'd trade Peyton Manning straight up for Aaron Rodgers... :couch:

rationalfan
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
considering manning is a guy who LOVES consistency, i think trading one of his starting WRs sounds like a terrible move.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't think it's a dumb question - just posed too early. When some of these receivers are done with their rookie contracts and demanding big money, THEN we can get serious about whether we should trade. BTW, which position is in such desperate need of an upgrade that you would trade a Decker for him? I know there are areas I'd like to shore up but none that are "glaring holes" right now. Fox and JDR are good at fixing defenses while Manning will make sure the offense has personnel.

Chef Zambini
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
trade for what/
just to be tradin'?
the points about chemistry are the most lucid.
what kind of a shitstorm woulsd i start if i suggested we have traid bait in DJ or doom?
in fact, had I been the one to start this threaD, THERE WOULD BE A MUCH DIFFERENT DEMEANOR TO THE RESPONSES.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 11:52 AM
the more posts I read in this thread, the more I am against the idea in even considering trading Decker. Quite honestly I think the OP should be banned for a period of time to think about this

SR
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
the more posts I read in this thread, the more I am against the idea in even considering trading Decker. Quite honestly I think the OP should be banned for a period of time to think about this

Hey tough guy, I inserted a disclaimer in the OP. I like Decker, but I thought it might be a good topic for discussion. So many people here bash on Decker for not catching the ball whenever it's thrown within 28 yards of him, not running hard enough after the catch, sliding, etc that maybe the idea of him not being on our team might make those people appreciate what we've got.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey tough guy, I inserted a disclaimer in the OP. I like Decker, but I thought it might be a good topic for discussion. So many people here bash on Decker for not catching the ball whenever it's thrown within 28 yards of him, not running hard enough after the catch, sliding, etc that maybe the idea of him not being on our team might make those people appreciate what we've got.

you can insert all the disclaimers that you want to, but the post was still disruptive and inappropriate. Plus it sounds like you have some manlove going on with your boy decker

Chef Zambini
01-04-2013, 12:45 PM
the more posts I read in this thread, the more I am against the idea in even considering trading Decker. Quite honestly I think the OP should be banned for a period of time to think about thishysterical, at least from my seat !

SR
01-04-2013, 12:50 PM
you can insert all the disclaimers that you want to, but the post was still disruptive and inappropriate. Plus it sounds like you have some manlove going on with your boy decker

Do I look like GEM to you? The only manlove I have is you nut.

Timmy!
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
No. If anything we need to pick up/draft a replacement for Stokes, even though I think we might get one more year out of him.

NightTerror218
01-04-2013, 01:13 PM
no way....our other WRs are crap in comparision. That would be throwing away a chance at a superbowl next season. Would cause a huge hole in offense. He is number 2 in targets after him is Stokley in production who has gotten shaken up a few times and behind him is a huge drop in talent. WR Willis sucks in the games I have seen him, wrong routes, drops and the whole 9 yards.

Decker was a steal in 3rd round.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
hysterical, at least from my seat !

it had a bit of a Hotcarl twist about it did it not?

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Do I look like GEM to you? The only manlove I have is you nut.

oh that's right. Gem lifts leg at the mention of Eric Decker.

SR
01-04-2013, 01:53 PM
it had a bit of a Hotcarl twist about it did it not?

That's not a good twist to have

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
That's not a good twist to have

I can't help it.

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 02:36 PM
lol what a horrible thread / premise / op / waste of time

Chef Zambini
01-04-2013, 02:42 PM
no carl, the fact that you graced this thread with a response justifies its existence.
very bad thread, very bad premise, very bad thoiugth process, but shooting it down like a clay pidgeon was a valiant exercise.

BroncoNut
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Leave SR alone!!

:tubby:

where has everyone been lately? you know, the regular losers. Like Slim and Buff

Northman
01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Yes,

Signed,
CoachChaz.

:)

bcbronc
01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
This thread shouda been 'bout know-mo.

Dapper Dan
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I thought it was an interesting subject. A lot better than some of the garbage that people bring up.

ATLbroNCO
01-04-2013, 07:30 PM
I think Eric Decker only has room to improve... I like to look at how well Stokely and PM work together and hope that their timing can be on that sort of level in a year or two more. I think if any move at receiver it would be to try to snag a dynamic, quick slot receiver. Keep the X and Z receivers BIG! PM has been lethal with these huge targets, some of the throws that he has been making in small spaces in the endzone have been incredible this year.

Joel
01-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Decker's having a big year because Manning keeps going back to him, same reason Tamme and Stokley are getting so many catches. So the question is how much trade value would you accept for a scoring threat with whom your HoF QB is very comfortable?

Also, Stokley came out of retirement and will probably go back soon; with the way we've already given away good WRs for peanuts the last four years I don't think we can spare Decker. Thomas has made me a believer, but it's easy to double or even triple cover a great receiver when he's the only one the team. Ask Peyton how much he's missed Stokley and Harrison the last few years. Ask Troy Aikman, or even Emmitt Smith, how much harder it was to score when Alvin Harper left them with just Michael Irvin. They were reduced to making Deion a WR and throwing 3rd and 17 passes to Novacek until his back snapped in two.

I hear where you're coming from; we'll probably get some nice offers. But unless it's something like the Herschel Walker trade they probably won't be worth entertaining.

sneakers
01-05-2013, 01:00 AM
HC has a mancrush on Joel

sneakers
01-05-2013, 01:01 AM
You don't get very good trade value with NFL players like you do with baseball and other sports (unless top-tier QB)

Poet
01-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Whoever decided that HC didn't need a permanent ban is a faggot.

hotcarl
01-05-2013, 01:12 AM
it waws mee

Poet
01-05-2013, 01:12 AM
I hate you, Tned.

Jsteve01
01-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Bwahahahaha this thread is epic

nyuk nyuk
01-05-2013, 02:23 AM
I'd trade Peyton Manning straight up for Aaron Rodgers... :couch:

I'd like to get both in the sack.

CrazyHorse
01-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Hotcarl is like Jar Jar Binks. Nobody likes him but he provides the necessary comic relief.

Superchop 7
01-05-2013, 03:47 AM
If you have magic in a bottle.....never screw with it......ever. IMO, you draft a few guys, MLB, DT, RB and leave the rest alone. Trade the pick towards the future......if the men believe in each other....play for each other......leave it alone. Do NOT do what San Diego did.....screw with Karma.

TXBRONC
01-05-2013, 07:24 AM
No for a couple of reasons.

1. I don't think Decker is just an average receiver and he already good chemstry developing with Manning so why take that away?

2. Even if Decker was traded and assuming his replacement would develop into a solid receiver there is guarantee he could develop in one year. Reggie Wayne took three years develop into a top flight receiver.

Day1BroncoFan
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
I think we should trade Champ unless he's willing to play safety next year.

MOtorboat
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Trade them all!

BroncoJoe
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Question is why? You've got a known commodity in Decker, and a complete unknown in a draft pick. Plus, I can't think of a position of such extreme need.

T.K.O.
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I think we should trade Champ unless he's willing to play safety next year.

NO....he will be inspired playing a couple more years after his first SB win, also he is still a top 10 cb and would not bring near enough in a trade at his age.
*pretty sure your post was in jest

Simple Jaded
01-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I'd like to get both in the sack.

At the same time, or tag team?.......

BroncoNut
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
HC has a mancrush on Joel

who doesn't? He's a humble G-money

Tned
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I hate you, Tned.

First, I deserve to be hated, because I always say, it's better to hate the player than the game...

Second, I don't even vote on bans, because I don't want the power, because I don't know if I have the patience to do it right.

Third, _____ ____!

Fourth, I have reported a post on this page and we will get the mod team discussing the disruptive/rule breaking posting.

Do you love me now? ;)

Poet
01-06-2013, 11:18 PM
First, I deserve to be hated, because I always say, it's better to hate the player than the game...

Second, I don't even vote on bans, because I don't want the power, because I don't know if I have the patience to do it right.

Third, _____ ____!

Fourth, I have reported a post on this page and we will get the mod team discussing the disruptive/rule breaking posting.

Do you love me now? ;)

I was trying to be funny.

Tned
01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I was trying to be funny.

So was I. I have sort of dry sense of humor, kind of like the Sahara is "sort of dry."

Poet
01-07-2013, 01:11 AM
So was I. I have sort of dry sense of humor, kind of like the Sahara is "sort of dry."

I hate you, Tned.

Tned
01-07-2013, 02:28 AM
I hate you, Tned.

I can only hope that all of that hate keeps you warm at night on these cold winter nights...

Hawgdriver
01-07-2013, 02:46 AM
I'd trade a 3d round pick if it meant DT and Decker could each instantly have another 200 gametime targets worth of experience with Manning. That would be something to behold. It would be like autocorrect for texting, except it got the word right every time, before you even knew what you were going to say.

Day1BroncoFan
01-10-2013, 04:53 PM
NO....he will be inspired playing a couple more years after his first SB win, also he is still a top 10 cb and would not bring near enough in a trade at his age.
*pretty sure your post was in jest

:) 3