the Steelers are coming off of a Monday night
game vs their Rivals and should
have a small letdown.

I see the Browns losing by 4

Pitt 28 Cleveland 24 and of course the most important
thing a cover. :D

WTE
11-09-2007, 07:50 AM
I also like the Giants and Browns covering and I like Detroit to win outright over Arizona.

Poet
11-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Bengals get Chris Henry back this week. We will beat Baltimore. Hell, we have the most talented WR in that whole division as our third WR option. Henry was supposed to be drafted ahead of Braylon Edwards that year but he was taken in the second round because (he was uncoachable). Funny now that he is easy to coach but a billion legal issues :tsk:

Our playoff chances are gone, our tiebreakers are crap, we lost to the Browns. While this season is over for us, the simple fact that the Bengals OWN the Ravens isn't. Bengals by 10.

Poet
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Heck, since this is just for fun I want the Steelers by 10 or more. The Brownies are not going to run the ball on the Steelers, heck it has been two years since someone has rushed for 100 yards against the Steelers. If you have to be one dimensional against a team that is as defensively talented as the Steelers you are in trouble.

SR
11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
The Browns are going to get trampled.

Poet
11-09-2007, 09:07 AM

I think this game is going to make Brady Quinn happy that he is riding bench.

Medford Bronco
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Bengals get Chris Henry back this week. We will beat Baltimore. Hell, we have the most talented WR in that whole division as our third WR option. Henry was supposed to be drafted ahead of Braylon Edwards that year but he was taken in the second round because (he was uncoachable). Funny now that he is easy to coach but a billion legal issues :tsk:

Our playoff chances are gone, our tiebreakers are crap, we lost to the Browns. While this season is over for us, the simple fact that the Bengals OWN the Ravens isn't. Bengals by 10.

sounds good to me. anytime the Ravens lose its a good thing

so we can hear Ray Lewis go off :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Browns are going to kick the Steelers arses.

Escobar
11-09-2007, 02:05 PM

You think so? I think we have improved alot since we last faced them.

I say we get revenge and win 35-28.

bengaaaaals1688
11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
You think the Giants have a better D than the Cowboys?? Med... I want what you are smoking.:laugh:

Esco and CR... I must completely disagree with you. Having watched the way both teams played us, and just watching them play in general, the Steelers are probably going to rip them apart. The Steelers are far and above the best team in the division this year, and probably 3rd best in the Conference(by a smaller margin than many people will give). The Browns will hang closer than they did the first game, kind of hard not to, but they will not come very close in general.

underrated29
11-09-2007, 02:45 PM
sorry my brown friends, but i see almost the same outcome as the first game.

Pitts will just be too much.

I also see cinn roasting the brids

and upset special of the week:

rams over the saints-call me crazy, but i think rams take this one 28-24.

I dont like that either as NO is my 2nd fav team.

Medford Bronco
11-09-2007, 06:15 PM
You think the Giants have a better D than the Cowboys?? Med... I want what you are smoking.:laugh:

Esco and CR... I must completely disagree with you. Having watched the way both teams played us, and just watching them play in general, the Steelers are probably going to rip them apart. The Steelers are far and above the best team in the division this year, and probably 3rd best in the Conference(by a smaller margin than many people will give). The Browns will hang closer than they did the first game, kind of hard not to, but they will not come very close in general.

bengals45615648654561 have you watched the Giants play this year?

the have a sick defensive line and can sack just about anyone.
Their defense is better than Dallas' stats prove that

After week 2 they have only given up 79 pts in 6 games and 2
of those tds vs the pathetic NYJ were on returns.

I am just debating with you, its an opinon and they way I pick NYG will probably give up 30 and get smoked

I think they can win this game. Romo has struggled on the road at times
and NYG can apply pressure to him.
They have 29 sacks in 8 games. Very good d line.

Its not like I think Dallas is bad. I just do not see them going 14-2.
This is one of the games they lose on their way to a 12-4 season IMO

Medford Bronco
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
You think so? I think we have improved alot since we last faced them.

I say we get revenge and win 35-28.

I think the Browns have a legit shot in this game
as long as Anderson does not throw any pics

a clean game and they can beat a Pitt team
coming off of a short week and an emotional
win over their hated rivals..

I am pulling for you as I picked Cleveland
in both pools I have. :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
11-09-2007, 08:46 PM
bengals45615648654561 have you watched the Giants play this year?

the have a sick defensive line and can sack just about anyone.
Their defense is better than Dallas' stats prove that

After week 2 they have only given up 79 pts in 6 games and 2
of those tds vs the pathetic NYJ were on returns.

I am just debating with you, its an opinon and they way I pick NYG will probably give up 30 and get smoked

I think they can win this game. Romo has struggled on the road at times
and NYG can apply pressure to him.
They have 29 sacks in 8 games. Very good d line.

Its not like I think Dallas is bad. I just do not see them going 14-2.
This is one of the games they lose on their way to a 12-4 season IMO

I understand the pass rush, but I have more faith in the Cowboys at defending the pass once it gets in the air, and in their LB's. Besides, the Cowboys have a nice pass rush themselves. That said, I really despise the Giants so I am hoping to hell that the Cowboys win lol.

Medford Bronco
11-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I understand the pass rush, but I have more faith in the Cowboys at defending the pass once it gets in the air, and in their LB's. Besides, the Cowboys have a nice pass rush themselves. That said, I really despise the Giants so I am hoping to hell that the Cowboys win lol.

aahhhh personal feelings getting in the way ;)

I try to separate them when picking games.

The best color is green for winning $$$

I despise the Ravens but if I think they will help me win $$
in my pool I put that aside

bengaaaaals1688
11-10-2007, 02:16 AM
aahhhh personal feelings getting in the way ;)

I try to separate them when picking games.

The best color is green for winning $$$

I despise the Ravens but if I think they will help me win $$
in my pool I put that aside

Haha personal feelings play a part in who I want to win, however I do believe that the Cowboys have a better team. I hate TO and Romo, but that offense is better than an offense consisting of Eli Manning and Plaxico Burress. I also have more respect for the Cowboys defense than I do the Giants defense, as well. You said the stats prove it before, but the Cowboys had to play the Patriots, the Giants haven't. The Cowboys had a terrible game against the Patriots, both defensively and offensively, but that game in itself skewed the defensive stats a pretty good amount.

BroncoBJ
11-10-2007, 06:56 AM
It actually week 10 :laugh:

I agree with you on everything except I picked Cincy to win outright.
And I have the Falcons pulling off the upset and winning by 10.

But we agree on everything this week for the most part. :salute:

Medford Bronco
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Also the bonus pick I really like
the Browns to hang tough with
a very good Pitt team getting 9.5 pts

the Steelers are coming off of a Monday night
game vs their Rivals and should
have a small letdown.

I see the Browns losing by 4

Pitt 28 Cleveland 24 and of course the most important
thing a cover. :D

not too far off, yes :salute:

I wanted Cleveland to win but too many penatlies
hurt them unfortunatley

my Giants pick was bad but you take changes

Great win for Cincy

Cleveland Rocks
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
not too far off, yes :salute:

I wanted Cleveland to win but too many penatlies
hurt them unfortunatley

my Giants pick was bad but you take changes

Great win for Cincy

Penalties? NO

Bad management by a coach? YES

Bad calls by officials? YES

there were two instances of flagrant holding by the Steelers. One on the Roethlisberger TD run and another when Winslow was going for a pass.

Then, also the Browns should not have been allowed to use 2 timeouts on 1 play. NFL rules stipulate that there must be a play between timeouts by a team. Crennel calls a timeout on the Steelers touchdown (that according to rules means he cannot call another immediately afterwards) he challenges the play immediately after calling that timeout. So, he used 2 timeouts with no plays separating them. The Refs should have known he cannot do that and Crennel should also have known he could not do that. Because of that the Browns went from 3 timeouts to 1 in a span of 1 play.

Poet
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Penalties? NO

Bad management by a coach? YES

Bad calls by officials? YES

there were two instances of flagrant holding by the Steelers. One on the Roethlisberger TD run and another when Winslow was going for a pass.

Then, also the Browns should not have been allowed to use 2 timeouts on 1 play. NFL rules stipulate that there must be a play between timeouts by a team. Crennel calls a timeout on the Steelers touchdown (that according to rules means he cannot call another immediately afterwards) he challenges the play immediately after calling that timeout. So, he used 2 timeouts with no plays separating them. The Refs should have known he cannot do that and Crennel should also have known he could not do that. Because of that the Browns went from 3 timeouts to 1 in a span of 1 play.

The Browns pissed away what should have been an easy win. Why don't you blame your QB who was throwing god awful passes in the second half? You guys didn't have a first down in the entire third quarter. If you give teams like the Steelers who are much better then you a ton of chances they are going to burn you. The Browns just lost all chances at the division barring a Pittsburgh meltdown. The death bell will ring final when you lose to Cincinnati.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
The Browns pissed away what should have been an easy win. Why don't you blame your QB who was throwing god awful passes in the second half? You guys didn't have a first down in the entire third quarter. If you give teams like the Steelers who are much better then you a ton of chances they are going to burn you. The Browns just lost all chances at the division barring a Pittsburgh meltdown. The death bell will ring final when you lose to Cincinnati.

I would not guaranty that with Cincys inconsistent play this year
and the Browns have been much better than them all season long.

We shall see

Cleveland Rocks
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM

We shall see

Sounds like somebody wanting a fight to me. He should learn that 3-6 is a losing record because he sure doesn't sound like he knows that. Talk about loud and obnoxious. I feel the hot air from him - he should learn to not speak unless spoken to.

bengaaaaals1688
11-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds like somebody wanting a fight to me. He should learn that 3-6 is a losing record because he sure doesn't sound like he knows that. Talk about loud and obnoxious. I feel the hot air from him - he should learn to not speak unless spoken to.

The Browns won't sweep us. That's pretty much all there is to it. You guys didn't play well today and the Steelers took advantage of it.

Poet
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM

We shall see

The Browns had several breaks in that game. I am not saying that we are a good team, I am just saying that the Browns are overacheiving and are going to get annihilated by a team that is just playing for pride at this point.

Cleveland Rocks
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
The Browns won't sweep us. That's pretty much all there is to it. You guys didn't play well today and the Steelers took advantage of it.

The Browns played well today.

The game was lost by the poor coaching and the officials.

If any of you watched the game you would know that. But you guys are Bungals and only care for trash-talking, not using your brain.

Poet
11-12-2007, 12:39 AM

If any of you watched the game you would know that. But you guys are Bungals and only care for trash-talking, not using your brain.

I did watch the game, . The Browns had like 150 yards of offense today, they did not play well on defense.

The Steelers scored 31 points today, you didn't play well on defense either.....

A lucky special teams kept you guys in the game. Congratulations, your team started off strong against the Steelers and then petered off the rest of the game, either don't be a moron or shut the hell up.

And this would be the place for trash talk now wouldn't it? Or did you forget what forum you are posting in? defamation of character

Cleveland Rocks
11-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Ok let me get this straight, Bengal fans.

I'm an " " - the Browns lost this game because they just "suck".

Even though I have been a Browns fan longer than all of you, because you have been a Browns fan for zero years. Even though Crennel did use 2 timeouts on 1 play - that isn't why the Browns lost. The Browns lost because they just "suck".

Despite that the media is calling Crennel an idiot for his stupid management in the game.

Crennel breaks Browns' hearts with idiotic brain cramp (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10467396/1)

I watched the game, I know exactly what cost the Browns the game. Crennel's idiotic clock management. Had he not wasted those 2 timeouts on that one play the Browns would have made that field goal and had enough time to try and get it into the endzone at the end of the game. But Crennel instead decided to use 2 timeouts to challenge a play.

bengaaaaals1688
11-12-2007, 02:11 AM

Poor coaching is part of the TEAM, correct?? So if the coaches do something stupid, then it is the TEAM doing something stupid, correct??

The Browns played great in the first half, and then imploded. You played terribly in the second half. Anderson's throws were off, you couldn't run the ball, and the Steelers were all over your defense. Your defense couldn't do anything to them in the second half.

I am a Bungal?? Me personally... I am a Bungal?? And why is that?? So being a fan of a team that was bad for awhile, makes me a Bungal?? Do you think before you post?? Because after that comment I highly doubt it. I am using my brain, you guys played terribly in the second half, the Steelers took advantage of it... and they beat you because of it. Get over it, and wait for the Browns next game.:rolleyes:

Poet
11-12-2007, 02:16 AM
You all get the point by now.

topscribe
11-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Listen up, everybody!

Smack is for friendly banter and debate. I don't mind "heated" debate, provided
no personal attacks or insults are involved. Therefore, I expect ALL of you to
pull in your reins and leave references to each other out of this discussion. Starting now.

-----

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 04:11 AM

I saw part of the game and I'd say that it was the experience of the PIT team and lack of winning experience of the browns that were a big factor in why they lost. PIT has had with most of their players been there and done that been in big games and because of that they prevailed.The Browns just have not had the winning team attitude for a long time.

Lots of teams do not know how to play with a lead against winning teams.

It will come with time.

Medford Bronco
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I saw part of the game and I'd say that it was the experience of the PIT team and lack of winning experience of the browns that were a big factor in why they lost. PIT has had with most of their players been there and done that been in big games and because of that they prevailed.The Browns just have not had the winning team attitude for a long time.

Lots of teams do not know how to play with a lead against winning teams.

It will come with time.

I think Cleveland has made many strides this year.
I think they are on the correct track and really think
Anderson has given them a lift

as a neutral observer I would not be that confident
with a 3-6 team that cant stop anyone.

Like I said we play the games on the field.
just look at Denver, I was shocked they won
the way they were playing coming in

heck Indy lost last night when not looking
that great with Manning throwing 6 picks

SD had a horseshoe, maybe they borrowed
Indys hemets :laugh: jk
just joking btw

weird game and PR was pretty bad if you
ask me as well.

Poet
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
I think Cleveland has made many strides this year.
I think they are on the correct track and really think
Anderson has given them a lift

as a neutral observer I would not be that confident
with a 3-6 team that cant stop anyone.

Like I said we play the games on the field.
just look at Denver, I was shocked they won
the way they were playing coming in

heck Indy lost last night when not looking
that great with Manning throwing 6 picks

SD had a horseshoe, maybe they borrowed
Indys hemets :laugh: jk
just joking btw

weird game and PR was pretty bad if you
ask me as well.

What I am confident is that we barely lost to them without Chris Henry (the guy that was supposed to be drafted ahead of Edwards and would have been if he wasn't such a jerk). With Henry healthy we no longer lose to teams that can run the Tampa 2 well. Take into account that we are playing at home and that the Bengal players are actually starting to show leadership and I am quite confident on this matter.

Medford Bronco
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
What I am confident is that we barely lost to them without Chris Henry (the guy that was supposed to be drafted ahead of Edwards and would have been if he wasn't such a jerk). With Henry healthy we no longer lose to teams that can run the Tampa 2 well. Take into account that we are playing at home and that the Bengal players are actually starting to show leadership and I am quite confident on this matter.

you make some good points, but your defense
is still shaky IMHO

maybe you outscore them but Cleveland should put some points
up still..we shall see what happens.

I am on the fence still at this point.
and bengals415615 knows that Carson is one of my favorite
players in the league from BM message board

Poet
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
you make some good points, but your defense
is still shaky IMHO

maybe you outscore them but Cleveland should put some points
up still..we shall see what happens.

I am on the fence still at this point.
and bengals415615 knows that Carson is one of my favorite
players in the league from BM message board

The other thing is that we have a two back system in place now (FINALLY). Kenny Watson is going to be sitting in that back field and catching passes on third down and making plays. Last game we where forced to pass the ball a lot more then we wanted, with Rudi and Kenny Watson healthy and Chris Henry showing why he is the most talented WR in the division we will win this game barring a major injury. Oh yeah, one other thing should be noted, our special teams is finally playing with unity and giving us good field position. Something that we lacked in that game.

Cleveland Rocks
11-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Derek Anderson threw how many touchdown passes against the vaunted Steelers secondary? 3

Derek Anderson threw how many interceptions against the vaunted Steelers secondary? 0

That was with a poor game from Braylon Edwards.

But, I suppose everything I know is wrong about football.

A 3-6 record is absolutely amazing and is the absolutely best record one can get in football. 5-4 That record sucks. 3-6 is sooooo much better. :rolleyes:

(/END Sarcasm)

Poet
11-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Derek Anderson threw how many touchdown passes against the vaunted Steelers secondary? 3

Derek Anderson threw how many interceptions against the vaunted Steelers secondary? 0

A 3-6 record is absolutely amazing and is the absolutely best record one can get in football. 5-4 That record sucks. 3-6 is sooooo much better. :rolleyes:

(/END Sarcasm)

Derek Anderson had one good half, and not even that, really like one more drive. Yeah, congratulations the guy was so amazing that the three a bunch of short passes that went into the endzone.

No, it is what you THINk you know that gets you into trouble.

I didn't say anything about our record being good, I said we would beat you. And we can make a bet on it CR, what do you WANT to wager with me? You barely beat us with EVERYTHING in your favor, and I mean EVERYTHING. With Chris "YEAH I RUN AWAY FROM DBs FASTER THEN I DO THE COPS" Henry playing you have no chance.

Cleveland Rocks
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I do not bet. Betting is idiotic. I know what I know and I leave it at that. The Browns are a far better team than your Bungles. This year is all about the Browns and Bungles getting back to their old ways. The Browns doing well and the Bungles - well falling apart.

The Browns running game did poorly in the last game - I will admit that. Anderson was picking apart the Steelers secondary with smart throws and had the team in a position to tie the game despite Crennel's idiotic clock management. The reason the Browns lost was Crennel's decision to call a timeout and them challenge the previous play. In effect using up 2 timeouts in 1 play. Had he not used those timeouts the Browns would have had 3 timeouts rather than 1 in their final drive. With those 3 timeouts as well as the two minute warning there would have been ample time to drive down the field and score a touchdown.

Poet
11-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I do not bet. Betting is idiotic. I know what I know and I leave it at that. The Browns are a far better team than your Bungles. This year is all about the Browns and Bungles getting back to their old ways. The Browns doing well and the Bungles - well falling apart.

The Browns running game did poorly in the last game - I will admit that. Anderson was picking apart the Steelers secondary with smart throws and had the team in a position to tie the game despite Crennel's idiotic clock management. The reason the Browns lost was Crennel's decision to call a timeout and them challenge the previous play. In effect using up 2 timeouts in 1 play. Had he not used those timeouts the Browns would have had 3 timeouts rather than 1 in their final drive. With those 3 timeouts as well as the two minute warning there would have been ample time to drive down the field and score a touchdown.

When did he do anything positive as far as throwing the ball barring the first half? My god, your "analysis" of the game is worse then the defense of the Bengals. Your Browns are going to be fighting to get in the playoffs via WC this year, and it is going to be amazing to watch the Bengals play you at the end of the year with a vengenance and crush your dreams. Congratulations, you beat some bad teams and caught a few decent teams by surprise. The Bengals can at least move the ball against the Steelers, if it wasn't for a lucky Special Teams play you guys lose the game no contest.

bengaaaaals1688
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM

(/END Sarcasm)

Since when do the Steelers have a vaunted secondary?? Their secondary, overall, is the weak link of their defense. They rely on run defense and a pass rush.

Who said that 3-6 was better than 5-4?? I would love to see you show me where either me or King said that.

As for you guys being better... that's a laugh and a half. Our defenses are just about as good as the other, and our offense is better. You happen to have had an even easier schedule than we have to start of the season, and you had the luxury of playing us with essentially half a team after our LB's left. But go ahead, brag about having 2 more wins than we do, really... it means a lot.

Cleveland Rocks
11-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Since when do the Steelers have a vaunted secondary?? Their secondary, overall, is the weak link of their defense. They rely on run defense and a pass rush.

Who said that 3-6 was better than 5-4?? I would love to see you show me where either me or King said that.

As for you guys being better... that's a laugh and a half. Our defenses are just about as good as the other, and our offense is better. You happen to have had an even easier schedule than we have to start of the season, and you had the luxury of playing us with essentially half a team after our LB's left. But go ahead, brag about having 2 more wins than we do, really... it means a lot.

Troy Polamalu ring a bell? He's billed as what exactly? Hmmm? Steelers were among one of the best secondaries in the NFL allowing few passing touchdowns in the red zone. But Derek Anderson comes out and throws how many? 3

King is acting as if the Bengals are a great team and it is evident in his manner in which he is speaking. That the Browns "suck" and that is why they have 5 wins. Becuase they just flat out "suck" as he put it. If the Browns "suck" and have 5 wins. What does that make the Bengals with even less wins?

bengaaaaals1688
11-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Troy Polamalu ring a bell? He's billed as what exactly? Hmmm? Steelers were among one of the best secondaries in the NFL allowing few passing touchdowns in the red zone. But Derek Anderson comes out and throws how many? 3

King is acting as if the Bengals are a great team and it is evident in his manner in which he is speaking. That the Browns "suck" and that is why they have 5 wins. Becuase they just flat out "suck" as he put it. If the Browns "suck" and have 5 wins. What does that make the Bengals with even less wins?

Troy Polamalu is one player... the secondary as a whole is not that great. They are allowing a small amount of touchdowns because of their pass rush, not their DB's.

No, King said that he thinks we will beat the Browns. Not that we are a great team, but that we will beat the Browns. So far this season we are a terrible team, and neither King nor I will deny that, but it doesn't change the fact that we are getting players back and other players are starting to exercise their leadership the way they need to, and that because of this we are becoming a better team. We have a very good chance at beating you, and while I don't think it is a definite... I am quite confident that we will.

BroncoBJ
11-13-2007, 04:53 AM
:lol: you guys.... Quit arguing/flaming each other.

Med started this thread so you can flame him not flame each other. :lol:
I wanted the Browns to win since my Hatred for Pitt.
oh well. Its a good thing DA is thier QB instead of Frye or they would be the same old Browns and would be 0-9 or 1-8 depending on if they beat the Fins or not.

And I'm sure Cincy will beat the Browns again in another score in the mid-50's.

btw: Nice job on the predictions this week Med. 8)

EDIT:
And Charlieboy.. you may say 5-4 is better then 3-6 now.
But in the end will you be saying 5-11 is better then 10-6?? :lol:

Poet
11-13-2007, 06:52 AM

No CR, you just WANT me to be saying that. You are having trouble comprehending this period.

BroncoBJ
11-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Have the Browns beaten anyone good? :lol:

They beat the Dolphins and Rams on back to back weeks.
Impressive......

They beat a Baltimore team that played terrible and hasn't played great all year.
They beat the Bengals in a high scoring game in which the defense's for both teams didn't show up. Plus Cincinnati hasn't been anything special this year anyways.

They did beat a decent Seahawks team after trailing early and making a nice comeback.

Thier schedule gets even easier down the stretch though.
Well not a whole lot easier but its pretty easy and they definatly have some winnable games.

They will probably go 9-7 or 10-6 unless they have a horrible meltdown.

Then once the playoffs come around they will get killed like the Bengals we all know and love.

Cleveland Rocks
11-13-2007, 09:27 AM

The Browns are not going to lose every game from here on out.

The Bengals are not going to win every game from here on out.

The Browns will make the playoffs.

topscribe
11-13-2007, 09:50 AM

We Broncos fans have to be careful in this debate. The Broncos have yet to
show they can beat either one of those teams. :nod:

-----

Poet
11-13-2007, 10:02 AM

If the Browns make the playoffs it will not be because of them beating the Bengals.

Cleveland Rocks
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
If the Browns make the playoffs it will not be because of them beating the Bengals.

It won't be just because of that. But that will be a step towards that end.

The Browns play the Ravens this week with McNair starting (not like it really matters who starts though for the Ravens). Browns should win that game. That'll leave the Browns at 6-4 heading into a game vs the 4-6 (or 3-7) Bengals. Seeing as to how well Arizona played against the Lions I would go with the latter. Browns beat the Bengals they go up to 7-4 just a few more wins from then on out and at the very least a Wild Card is assured.

Poet
11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
It won't be just because of that. But that will be a step towards that end.

The Browns play the Ravens this week with McNair starting (not like it really matters who starts though for the Ravens). Browns should win that game. That'll leave the Browns at 6-4 heading into a game vs the 4-6 (or 3-7) Bengals. Seeing as to how well Arizona played against the Lions I would go with the latter. Browns beat the Bengals they go up to 7-4 just a few more wins from then on out and at the very least a Wild Card is assured.

Exactly how are the Browns going to beat the Bengals? You barely beat us with out Henry who is the biggest play maker that the Bengals have. You barely beat us when you got insane field position all day, and surprise surprise our special teams players are healthy again. You barely beat us when we had no pass catching back, and to top it all off we where coming off of a short week against a brutally tough team with a brutally tough game. Oh yeah, we are playing in Cincinnati. I would say that the Browns are the better team right now, but the better team does not always win the game.

A wild card is not assured with both the Titans and the Jaguars having better records then the Browns do currently. The Browns have the same record as the Bills do currently, and the Broncos and the Chiefs are just one game behind you. That statement reflects very poorly on you.

topscribe
11-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Exactly how are the Browns going to beat the Bengals? You barely beat us with out Henry who is the biggest play maker that the Bengals have. You barely beat us when you got insane field position all day, and surprise surprise our special teams players are healthy again. You barely beat us when we had no pass catching back, and to top it all off we where coming off of a short week against a brutally tough team with a brutally tough game. Oh yeah, we are playing in Cincinnati. I would say that the Browns are the better team right now, but the better team does not always win the game.

A wild card is not assured with both the Titans and the Jaguars having better records then the Browns do currently. The Browns have the same record as the Bills do currently, and the Broncos and the Chiefs are just one game behind you. That statement reflects very poorly on you.

However, didn't the Browns in fact come out on top the last time they
played? A win is a win, isn't it? Doesn't it show it could happen again?

-----

Poet
11-13-2007, 11:03 AM
However, didn't the Browns in fact come out on top the last time they
played? A win is a win, isn't it? Doesn't it show it could happen again?

-----

It COULD happen again, but that is always the case Top. I would rather break down what happened and why it happened and then point out to what is far more likely. You can end almost all good football discussion with "but anything can happen on the football field".

Kill Joy.;)

bengaaaaals1688
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Oh no?? Why thank you Miss Cleo, now I know what bets to make. I can throw down $10,000 on the Browns making the playoffs, and know that I will in fact win. I am extremely glad that you told us this valuable information, as it will help me financially.

Now, to be serious. You know for a fact that all 3 of those scenarios will happen... pray tell, how is that?? For all you know, the Bengals could keep up what they did on Sunday to the Ravens, which would then give them a pretty good chance at winning out. Forcing numerous turnovers and scoring points each time is usually a good formula for winning. And the Browns can go back to the ineptitude that defined their team in the second half of the Steelers game. Not to mention what King said about you being behind 2 teams, one of which is probably the best wildcard hopeful out there, tied with another, and only up 1 game on 2 others. Odds are, you are not making the playoffs, you may not lose every game from here on out, but you will more than likely be out of the playoffs.

Cleveland Rocks
11-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh no?? Why thank you Miss Cleo, now I know what bets to make. I can throw down $10,000 on the Browns making the playoffs, and know that I will in fact win. I am extremely glad that you told us this valuable information, as it will help me financially.

Now, to be serious. You know for a fact that all 3 of those scenarios will happen... pray tell, how is that?? For all you know, the Bengals could keep up what they did on Sunday to the Ravens, which would then give them a pretty good chance at winning out. Forcing numerous turnovers and scoring points each time is usually a good formula for winning. And the Browns can go back to the ineptitude that defined their team in the second half of the Steelers game. Not to mention what King said about you being behind 2 teams, one of which is probably the best wildcard hopeful out there, tied with another, and only up 1 game on 2 others. Odds are, you are not making the playoffs, you may not lose every game from here on out, but you will more than likely be out of the playoffs.

How do I know the Browns will make the playoffs? Well, let's look at the Browns remaining schedule.

11 Nov 18 CLE @ BAL
12 Nov 25 HOU @ CLE
13 Dec 02 CLE @ ARI
14 Dec 09 CLE @ NYJ
15 Dec 16 BUF @ CLE
16 Dec 23 CLE @ CIN
17 Dec 30 SF @ CLE

The Browns could very well sweep the rest of the way. Each of those teams are struggling in their own way. Now, saying that the Browns will sweep isn't quite right. But the Browns should and very well could win a vast majority of these games. San Francisco is struggling mightily and so far has only 2 wins. Arizona is having quarterback problems. Warner has played well - when healthy. But the key here is when healthy. He's an aged veteran and he has a history of injury problems. The Jets are struggling terribly. Houston is struggling as well and Baltimore's offense just isn't the same as it once was and the defense is aging. They are nowhere near what they once were (also McNair who is struggling is starting vs the Browns).

Now let's look at Cinci's remaining games.

11 Nov 18 ARI @ CIN
12 Nov 25 TEN @ CIN
13 Dec 02 CIN @ PIT
14 Dec 09 STL @ CIN
15 Dec 15 CIN @ SF
16 Dec 23 CLE @ CIN
17 Dec 30 CIN @ MIA

Now, Cincinnati has a few games that should be very winnable for them. St. Louis, San Francisco, and Miami. So right there the Bengals should at least have a 6 win season. Arizona could possibly win as they just had a major victory against Detroit. However, once again Kurt Warner is old and injury prone. Tennessee seems to be a hot and cold team. Who knows with them. Pittsburgh - no way Cinci wins that game. The Bengals have no shot at the playoffs at this point. Sure, they have some winnable games. But Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, IMHO will definately be losses for the Bengals. Sure the Browns won a close one with the Bengals. However, unlike the Bengals the Browns were not one sided in that game. Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis both had big games vs Cincinnati. Whereas with the Bengals, they were obviously pass-oriented. Jamal Lewis had over twice as many yards as your back and also ran for a touchdown. The Browns have improved since than and have a winning attitude now. Whereas the Bengals? They aren't even sure if they will be returning next year.

Poet
11-13-2007, 03:57 PM
How do I know the Browns will make the playoffs? Well, let's look at the Browns remaining schedule.

11 Nov 18 CLE @ BAL
12 Nov 25 HOU @ CLE
13 Dec 02 CLE @ ARI
14 Dec 09 CLE @ NYJ
15 Dec 16 BUF @ CLE
16 Dec 23 CLE @ CIN
17 Dec 30 SF @ CLE

The Browns could very well sweep the rest of the way. Each of those teams are struggling in their own way. Now, saying that the Browns will sweep isn't quite right. But the Browns should and very well could win a vast majority of these games. San Francisco is struggling mightily and so far has only 2 wins. Arizona is having quarterback problems. Warner has played well - when healthy. But the key here is when healthy. He's an aged veteran and he has a history of injury problems. The Jets are struggling terribly. Houston is struggling as well and Baltimore's offense just isn't the same as it once was and the defense is aging. They are nowhere near what they once were (also McNair who is struggling is starting vs the Browns).

11 Nov 18 ARI @ CIN
12 Nov 25 TEN @ CIN
13 Dec 02 CIN @ PIT
14 Dec 09 STL @ CIN
15 Dec 15 CIN @ SF
16 Dec 23 CLE @ CIN
17 Dec 30 CIN @ MIA

Now, Cincinnati has a few games that should be very winnable for them. St. Louis, San Francisco, and Miami. So right there the Bengals should at least have a 6 win season. Arizona could possibly win as they just had a major victory against Detroit. However, once again Kurt Warner is old and injury prone. Tennessee seems to be a hot and cold team. Who knows with them. Pittsburgh - no way Cinci wins that game. The Bengals have no shot at the playoffs at this point. Sure, they have some winnable games. But Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, IMHO will definately be losses for the Bengals. Sure the Browns won a close one with the Bengals. However, unlike the Bengals the Browns were not one sided in that game. Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis both had big games vs Cincinnati. Whereas with the Bengals, they were obviously pass-oriented. Jamal Lewis had over twice as many yards as your back and also ran for a touchdown. The Browns have improved since than and have a winning attitude now. Whereas the Bengals? They aren't even sure if they will be returning next year.

The issue is that you DONT KNOW.

Once again, you beat us at home, with our special teams unit in disarray, without our most talented player next to Palmer, with us shuffling our defense around, after a brutal short week.

You have no counter arguments for those at all. I am going to love watching you be wrong and make excuses why it happened.

BroncoBJ
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM

:lol: It was a joke. A Ha-ha joke. The kind of joke in which you just look at it and go OMG WTF!

But Its been a while since I've gotten under your skin so I felt like saying that. :lol:

I dont know if the Browns will make the playoffs but they should based on who they play down the road. :salute:

And yea Top.. I really could care less about either of these 2 teams.
I'll just focus on Denver and see if we can play consistant for once.

Medford Bronco
11-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Can I rename this the Bengals vs Browns trash talking thread :laugh:

and please Charlie dont get mad I am making a joke,
I really and not getting involved either way.

I have nothing against either team. The only team in your division
I cant stand is the Ratbirds because of Ray Lewis that jerk
and Billick the offensive genius (tongue in cheek of course)
who cant even have and offense
score a mere 20 ppg. Very very pathetic if you ask me

bengaaaaals1688
11-14-2007, 01:36 AM

11 Nov 18 CLE @ BAL
12 Nov 25 HOU @ CLE
13 Dec 02 CLE @ ARI
14 Dec 09 CLE @ NYJ
15 Dec 16 BUF @ CLE
16 Dec 23 CLE @ CIN
17 Dec 30 SF @ CLE

11 Nov 18 ARI @ CIN
12 Nov 25 TEN @ CIN
13 Dec 02 CIN @ PIT
14 Dec 09 STL @ CIN
15 Dec 15 CIN @ SF
16 Dec 23 CLE @ CIN
17 Dec 30 CIN @ MIA

Like King said... you don't actually know. You are assuming that all this will happen. The Browns have a decent-good team, but their defense is having almost as many difficulties as the Bengals defense is. Not to mention the fact that you are completely overlooking the win we just had. Our defense showed up in more ways than just getting turnovers, for once, and we stopped the Ravens offense. Granted they already don't have a very good offense, but it's a step and it's a step we needed to take. You also keep overlooking us getting Henry back... you explain to me, logically, how your defense will be able to contain, let alone stop, TJ, CJ, and Henry... that should be an interesting post.

And no way we beat the Steelers?? Why because you didn't?? The Steelers have proven time and time again that they can't cover Henry, and when Henry and TJ are on the field they can't cover either of them. They take out CJ, and Henry and TJ are left on islands to tear up the defense. We force a couple turnovers, then we probably win that game as well. There are way too many ifs to say, definitely... I can't even say we will definitely beat you... I believe it will happen because I just don't think you are good enough to compete with us in our house and with our team clicking the way it did on Sunday.

BroncoBJ
11-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh Charlie does know that all that will happen.
he thinks he knows everything :lol:

I just love watching Charlie talk about how great the Browns are and how they were "idiotic" For keeping Anderson.
Then they were stupid for trading away pathetic Charlie Frye.

If only they had kept Frye.

Then Charlie would be saying even though they are 1-8 they are still a great team.

The Browns are .. well thier just the browns. :lol:

topscribe
11-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Can I rename this the Bengals vs Browns trash talking thread :laugh:

and please Charlie dont get mad I am making a joke,
I really and not getting involved either way.

I have nothing against either team. The only team in your division
I cant stand is the Ratbirds because of Ray Lewis that jerk
and Billick the offensive genius (tongue in cheek of course)
who cant even have and offense
score a mere 20 ppg. Very very pathetic if you ask me

Well, if you don't like the Ravens, you have a friend for life in CR! :lol:

-----

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Well, if you don't like the Ravens, you have a friend for life in CR! :lol:

-----

CR might go off sometimes but I really do like him :salute:

His loyalty to the Browns is unwavering
I respect that about him.

Poet
11-14-2007, 08:43 AM
CR has a decent knowledge base of the Browns, but the entire "NFL" thing sometimes gets over his head in his blind homerism and anger. The entire situation has changed CR. The Bengals have their biggest play maker back. Chris Henry has first round WR talent and he is our third WR. With him we have the best WR corps in football.

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
CR has a decent knowledge base of the Browns, but the entire "NFL" thing sometimes gets over his head in his blind homerism and anger. The entire situation has changed CR. The Bengals have their biggest play maker back. Chris Henry has first round WR talent and he is our third WR. With him we have the best WR corps in football.

You do have that King but can you stop them?

I am not being wise, just asking:confused:

stopping the Ravens is not a cure all for a defense.
just like Denver stopping KC without LJ is not a
cure all either

I think you can beat them but focus on the Cards this week
to try to climb back in it...

we shall see

Poet
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
You do have that King but can you stop them?

I am not being wise, just asking:confused:

stopping the Ravens is not a cure all for a defense.
just like Denver stopping KC without LJ is not a
cure all either

I think you can beat them but focus on the Cards this week
to try to climb back in it...

we shall see

Do we need to stop then at home with the better offense now?

Cleveland Rocks
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh, I see.

Figured I'd stop posting here since it's turned to compliments.

Well, alright. I guess I will. I guess it's worked.

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Do we need to stop then at home with the better offense now?

yes to win the game, I say you need to hold them to 24 or so.

but I am on the fence still.....Its way to early
remember
focus on Arizona
and the Browns on the Ratbirds. :laugh:

Poet
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh, I see.

Well I already tanned your hide when I was insulting you so I figured I may as well tan your hide again while being nice.;)

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Oh, I see.

Charlie, you know Med has always liked you
even though I might aggravate you at times

I never mean to ruffle feathers etc.
its all in fun for me, (talking sports etc)

Poet
11-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Charlie, you know Med has always liked you
even though I might aggravate you at times

I never mean to ruffle feathers etc.
its all in fun for me, (talking sports etc)

CR, IT'S A TRAP, RUN!!!!!

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
CR, IT'S A TRAP, RUN!!!!!

take this instead http://www.made-in-china.com/servlet/image?compatible=true&tid=2&fid=0&lan_code=0&cache=1&id=EWQagqTMjtCl :laugh:

Poet
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
take this instead http://www.made-in-china.com/servlet/image?compatible=true&tid=2&fid=0&lan_code=0&cache=1&id=EWQagqTMjtCl :laugh:

It has a whoopie cushion in it's seat!

Cleveland Rocks
11-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, I don't have time at the moment to do any of this. Have to head on off to school and teach some kiddies about Rome!!!

:elefant::elefant::elefant:

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, I don't have time at the moment to do any of this. Have to head on off to school and teach some kiddies about Rome!!!

:elefant::elefant::e :

take care Charlie and have a great class

good teaching is very important :salute::salute: