PDA

View Full Version : Team Backs No. 18 for MVP

DenBronx
01-02-2013, 11:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – In his first season as a Denver Bronco, quarterback Peyton Manning set new franchise records for completions (400), completion percentage (68.6) and passing yards (4,659), to name a few.

Manning’s numbers make a good case that the quarterback deserves to be named NFL MVP, which would add to his total of four, already the most in league history. But his play will have to speak for itself, because Manning won’t be campaigning for the award.

“I really have not thought about that,” Manning said. “It has been such a unique season for me personally, I really feel fortunate to be playing. I really have had an interesting year and a half and so I am proud our team is in the mix. Some of the individual records going on, on teams that are not in the playoffs, I am glad to be in this situation where we have a chance to do something as a team that is special. Anything that comes along the way individually, in my past, I have accepted those on behalf of the teams I have been on. They are individual awards, but in my opinion they have always been team awards. That is kind of how I continue to approach things.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Team-Backs-No-18-for-MVP/179c5ed8-50a5-4e43-8800-26b340e2948e

Dirk
01-03-2013, 07:34 AM
It's hard not to say PM is the leagues MVP. I am bias of course. :coffee:

Chef Zambini
01-03-2013, 07:56 AM
PFM has the right mentality and it has permeated the entire team.
It is the foundation of our success.
His mental approach keeps us on task

SR
01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
PFM has the right mentality and it has permeated the entire team.
It is the foundation of our success.
His mental approach keeps us on task

It sure is a good thing we didn't go find a starting QB to be his backup for when he got hurt half way through the season huh

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Defintely a worthy candidate.

My vote goes to AP, Manning should get the comeback of the year award though.

Great season.

Northman
01-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Greatest move ever outside of JE coming to Denver. Just shows how much the position itself means with a quality player.

broncofaninfla
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Of course it's hard not to be biased but for me it comes down to this. What kind of impact would losing PM or AP have to their respective teams? Theres no doubting that losing either would be a huge blow to each team but losing PM IMO would be the greater impact to the Broncos than if AP were to go down for the Vikings. Ap has had one hell of a season but Peyton's impact on the Broncos has been one of historical value. He has made the offense, defense and even coaches all raise the game. Add to it he is statistically still as good as any QB in the league and I just don't see any other playerin teh league that has impcated his team like Peyton Manning has. Kudo's to Peterson, hell the guy helped me win the fantasy league I was in but to me, Manning is hands down the 2012 MVP.

UnderArmour
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Adrian Peterson is definitely the NFL's MVP. 2000 yards and carrying his team to the playoffs with Hall of Fame runs puts him above Manning. Manning did have a great year, but no records were broken and Manning did not have a "special" year at his position if you compare it to other performances of the last decade. Adrian Peterson's play has been sensational considering that teams are doing everything they can to stop him but he's still shredding defenses. This is one of the all time great years by any player in NFL history. If Adrian Peterson does not win MVP this year, the entire award is a sham. I love Manning, but there is no way he deserves MVP over AP.

CrazyHorse
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Peterson followed by Rodgers. I'd put Manning third ahead of Brady. He definitely deserves comeback player of the year though.

DenBronx
01-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Peyton Manning has nothing but love for the glove

Earning home field advantage through the AFC playoffs was huge for the Broncos.

But even bigger might have been the results of quarterback Peyton Manning found while adjusting to the conditions in Denver.

Dealing with weather was always an issue for him when he was playing indoors for the Colts, as he’s 0-3 in playoff games played below 50 degrees, and has just one win (in six tries) when it’s below 60 degrees.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/03/peyton-manning-has-nothing-but-love-for-the-glove/