PDA

View Full Version : If Shanahan was still here...........

sneakers
08-16-2009, 01:17 AM
We would have made that 2-pt. coversion at the end of the game yesterday.

:huh:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Sneakers, are you friends with Tumbana? I bet you, Tumbana and a bunch of Hmong's are assembling in Madison right now to throw everything in a rut.

sneakers
08-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Sneakers, are you friends with Tumbana? I bet you, Tumbana and a bunch of Hmong's are assembling in Madison right now to throw everything in a rut.

Hmongs are really common in Northern Wisconsin, the only Asians we have around here are For'nars.

silkamilkamonico
08-16-2009, 03:20 AM
I'll give ya the 2 points.

If Shanahan was still here, SF would have sored twice as many points, and Denver would have lost 36-18, and we'd all be saying "hey, that defense looked pretty good at times..."

titan
08-16-2009, 07:35 AM
I was thinking the other day the perfect offseason would have been Shanahan bringing in Nolan to run the D (dumping Slowik). I'm not in the "hate McDaniels" crowd - give him a chance - but I do think Shanahan was fine on the offensive side of the ball (just needed help on D and in drafting)

silkamilkamonico
08-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I was thinking the other day the perfect offseason would have been Shanahan bringing in Nolan to run the D (dumping Slowik). I'm not in the "hate McDaniels" crowd - give him a chance - but I do think Shanahan was fine on the offensive side of the ball (just needed help on D and in drafting)

That was the problem though, Shanahan was just too involved with the defense and needed to take a step back.he would have never hired a guy like Nolan.

I've said this many times, but you don't hire Jim Bates, who's built quality top 10 defenses everywhere he's been, fire him after essectially 10 games, replace him with a guy like Bob Slowick who's failed everywhere he's been, let him come back for another year after he makes our defense worse than Jim Bates does, and then give him another extension a year removed when our defense is even worse.. That was the biggest w.t.f. moment I think I've ever had as a Denver fan.

And I loved watching McDaniels system. The system works, and when he gets a QB/fixes Orton that isn't going to make that one drive killing mistake, Denver's offense is still going to be potent.

Denver had 2 drives against SF the entire game that didn't amount to anything, and one of those drives was Orton's interception on the second play. McDaniels offense will be a chain moving machine, and it's only going to help our defense.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 10:47 AM

and if my johnson was 12" long and big around as a beer can, I could get to go to bed with Megan Fox too.

:rolleyes:

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 02:34 PM
That was the problem though, Shanahan was just too involved with the defense and needed to take a step back.he would have never hired a guy like Nolan.

I've said this many times, but you don't hire Jim Bates, who's built quality top 10 defenses everywhere he's been, fire him after essectially 10 games, replace him with a guy like Bob Slowick who's failed everywhere he's been, let him come back for another year after he makes our defense worse than Jim Bates does, and then give him another extension a year removed when our defense is even worse.. That was the biggest w.t.f. moment I think I've ever had as a Denver fan.

And I loved watching McDaniels system. The system works, and when he gets a QB/fixes Orton that isn't going to make that one drive killing mistake, Denver's offense is still going to be potent.

Denver had 2 drives against SF the entire game that didn't amount to anything, and one of those drives was Orton's interception on the second play. McDaniels offense will be a chain moving machine, and it's only going to help our defense.

ON this we agree completely..

if Orton can get this system down pat then we are going to be a very good Offense almost impossible to stop unless there are GREAT defensive plays like two of those picks on FRIDAY..

there will be open receivers on almost every play if the receiver makes the catch then it works.. I remember Mc Kinney letting one pop off his chest pads would have gone for quite a few more yards..

but he did not..

Overtime
08-16-2009, 02:51 PM
ON this we agree completely..

if Orton can get this system down pat then we are going to be a very good Offense almost impossible to stop unless there are GREAT defensive plays like two of those picks on FRIDAY..

there will be open receivers on almost every play if the receiver makes the catch then it works.. I remember Mc Kinney letting one pop off his chest pads would have gone for quite a few more yards..

but he did not..

those 2 backs that made the plays aren't the best we will face.

we gotta go up against Pittsburgh's secondary, Giants, Colts, Patriots, Chargers twice, and even the Oakland secondary, with Asogmugha, will not be easy.

those corners and safeties are going to have a hay day if Orton is our starter.

horsepig
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Orton's mechanics and, most importantly, his instincts in the pocket, will dramatically improve over the comung weeks.

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 05:34 PM
those 2 backs that made the plays aren't the best we will face.

we gotta go up against Pittsburgh's secondary, Giants, Colts, Patriots, Chargers twice, and even the Oakland secondary, with Asogmugha, will not be easy.

those corners and safeties are going to have a hay day if Orton is our starter.

I suspect you would be correct IF they played them all in the first preseason game..

you act as though this game was the end of the world.. so far you like TB over Orton and Simms and think Moreno should be hurt enough to go to IR..

why are you even posting?

SoCalImport
08-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Orton's mechanics and, most importantly, his instincts in the pocket, will dramatically improve over the comung weeks.

This is what I'm hoping. A bit nervous after that first outing, but this too shall pass.

ktrain
08-16-2009, 09:19 PM

who ******* cares it's pre-season for shits sake

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 09:23 PM
he is still in DEN getting paid to finish his castle.. hope he enjoys it ..

honz
08-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Shanahan sucks.

LRtagger
08-16-2009, 10:33 PM
If Shanahan was still here, Cutler would still be here...and he would have fumbled the ball right before the TD. Only this time the refs would have gotten the call right and there would have never been a 2-point conversion attempt.

aberdien
08-17-2009, 12:33 AM
If Shanahan was still here, Cutler would still be here...and he would have fumbled the ball right before the TD. Only this time the refs would have gotten the call right and there would have never been a 2-point conversion attempt.

Or Brandon Marshall wouldn't be pissed off and would've caught a touchdown pass from Cutler...one that he can actually make, unlike Orton trying to make passes that he can't make. Only this time we would have a defense.

Or we could stop being annoying and thinking of what if questions. It's up to you all.

sneakers
08-17-2009, 02:18 AM
who ******* cares it's pre-season for shits sake

Next time I will do a better job of reflecting sarcasm in my written word.

LRtagger
08-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Or Brandon Marshall wouldn't be pissed off and would've caught a touchdown pass from Cutler...one that he can actually make, unlike Orton trying to make passes that he can't make. Only this time we would have a defense.

Or we could stop being annoying and thinking of what if questions. It's up to you all.

/sense of humor

Traveler
08-17-2009, 08:45 AM
I've said this many times, but you don't hire Jim Bates, who's built quality top 10 defenses everywhere he's been, fire him after essectially 10 games, replace him with a guy like Bob Slowick who's failed everywhere he's been, let him come back for another year after he makes our defense worse than Jim Bates does, and then give him another extension a year removed when our defense is even worse..

Agree wholeheartedly with the above. I'll be closely watching to see how well Tampa Bay does with Jim Bates as DC.