View Full Version : Ortons QB rating.

Superchop 7
08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Wondering what his QB rating was.

slim
08-15-2009, 11:36 PM
I think it was 32 ish

Which was greater than Cutlers.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend....or don't. I don't really are.

aberdien
08-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah, Orton was 32 and Jay was 30.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-15-2009, 11:55 PM
It was good enough to register on the Richter, but barely. How does that sound?

honz
08-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Better than Cutler's...lol.

slim
08-16-2009, 12:04 AM
You should change your handle to SuperFail.

silkamilkamonico
08-16-2009, 03:31 AM
Orton sucks, and Cutler - Shanahan sucks.

Shanahan - defensive intelligence help sucks.

Deal with it.

NameUsedBefore
08-16-2009, 04:09 AM
I think it was 32 ish

http://www.neosoft.se/dev/advicedog/advicedog.php?line1=enjoy+your+weekend&line2=or+don%27t

Northman
08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I think it was 32 ish

:lol:

Overtime
08-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Orton had a a 32.6 rating

and

Cutler had a 30.8 rating.

Superchop 7
08-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Orton was sitting in the pocket.....no pressure........and threw int's.

15 mph fastballs.

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 11:03 AM

15 mph fastballs.

Cutler wasnt really pressured either... 4 out of his 5 incompletions all were atleast tipped by defenders.

and the thing that doesnt surprise me? Hes already trying to force balls to hester.... 6 passes went Hester's way last night.. only 2 completions.

HORRIBLE GAME from Cutler

Northman
08-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Cutler wasnt really pressured either... 4 out of his 5 incompletions all were atleast tipped by defenders.

HORRIBLE GAME from Cutler

I guess Jay didnt eat his bowl of Beeties that morning.

dogfish
08-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I think it was 32 ish

why are you talking about the chicago QB?

lol. . . .

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
why are you talking about the chicago QB?

lol. . . .

Because this thread was started by one of the "Orton sucks and I still love Cutler forever" posters.

Northman
08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
The irony is he thought he was being cute until he found out his boy had a lower rating. lmao

DenBronx
08-16-2009, 11:23 AM
i was at the game and ortons throws didnt seem to have any zip on them at all. this will be a problem for speedy guys like royal that want to do a quick out. if he keeps floating them i can see him tossing at least 25 ints next year. hopefully he gets this taken care of before the end of preseason because right now he is looking terrible.

BroncoJoe
08-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I've watched the replays several times now. My thoughts, FWIW:

1st pick: Defender made a great play. Orton was slow in getting the ball to the receiver - should have thrown it a second earlier and more to the left. The guy who picked it off made it look like he was running toward another receiver, then saw the ball and had time to stop and get back into position.

2nd pick: Bad pass. Can't defend that one at all.

3rd pick: CB made a great play. Orton should have put the ball on a higher arc, but the DB made a great leap to snag the ball.

Not defending the picks, because that will kill us, but after watching them a few more times, I don't feel quite as bad about them.

Also, people need to remember SF finished the season pretty strong after Singletary took over as HC. They finished the season at 5-2, after starting 2-7.

Northman
08-16-2009, 12:02 PM

1st pick: Defender made a great play. Orton was slow in getting the ball to the receiver - should have thrown it a second earlier and more to the left. The guy who picked it off made it look like he was running toward another receiver, then saw the ball and had time to stop and get back into position.

3rd pick: CB made a great play. Orton should have put the ball on a higher arc, but the DB made a great leap to snag the ball.

Not defending the picks, because that will kill us, but after watching them a few more times, I don't feel quite as bad about them.

Also, people need to remember SF finished the season pretty strong after Singletary took over as HC. They finished the season at 5-2, after starting 2-7.

Yea, i tried pointing that out during the game that defensively SF was improving quite a bit. They even showed their rankings the last 3 years and they had a vast improvement in 08'.

bronc kid
08-16-2009, 12:49 PM
this just goes to show that trade shouldnt of happened cutler hasnt developed to his new team and neither has orton both are good qaurterbacks but they are not used to what they have cutler is still good just needs time to develope as for orton idk i think he might just suck

sorry to dog on you t.k.o but im the new t.k.o and mine means take kyle out

bronc kid
08-16-2009, 12:52 PM
i was at the game and ortons throws didnt seem to have any zip on them at all. this will be a problem for speedy guys like royal that want to do a quick out. if he keeps floating them i can see him tossing at least 25 ints next year. hopefully he gets this taken care of before the end of preseason because right now he is looking terrible.

the first pic was ok i will agree with you on that one the defender just made a good play and the second was just a bad throw the third was even a worse one though i dont even think there was a bronco near that throw

NightTrainLayne
08-16-2009, 01:50 PM
the first pic was ok i will agree with you on that one the defender just made a good play and the second was just a bad throw the third was even a worse one though i dont even think there was a bronco near that throw

You need to watch the third one again then. It was on it's way to a wide-open receiver, and the SF player just made a great leap out of nowhere to snag it.

I'm guessing thar Orton didn't even see him as his pass was headed to a target about 10 yards down-field, and he had to leap to snag it out of the air. Had it just been arced a foot higher it would have been a completion.

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 01:59 PM

without looking at them more than twice that was the same thing I thought I saw.. two really great DB plays and that is going to happen to the best of QB's.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2009, 02:05 PM

After Orton had thrown his 3 interceptions, Reggie Rivers (who does know a little about the offensive side of football) stated that one interception was all Orton's fault, and on the other two, there was mis-communication between Orton and the receiver. Which, I am glad that they showed Orton, after the interceptions, talking with the receiver - versus, if true, what I heard about Cutler - after he threw his interception, he headed for the bench, and sat by himself, and also, threw Hester in front of the bus - blaming Hester for the interception, in his post game comments.

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2009, 02:09 PM
After Orton had thrown his 3 interceptions, Reggie Rivers (who does know a little about the offensive side of football) stated that one interception was all Orton's fault, and on the other two, there was mis-communication between Orton and the receiver. Which, I am glad that they showed Orton, after the interceptions, talking with the receiver - versus, if true, what I heard about Cutler - after he threw his interception, he headed for the bench, and sat by himself, and also, threw Hester in front of the bus - blaming Hester for the interception, in his post game comments.

Based upon what I saw:

The first pick was on Orton because the DB baited him into a bad throw, the second pick was either a brutal throw or a miscommunicaton, and the third pick was because Orton didn't put enough arc on the ball, thus allowing the DB to make a play on the throw.

BroncoTech
08-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't want you kids to get too attached to our new puppy Orton. He has worms and may have to be put to sleep.

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Based upon what I saw:

The first pick was on Orton because the DB baited him into a bad throw, the second pick was either a brutal throw or a miscommunicaton, and the third pick was because Orton didn't put enough arc on the ball, thus allowing the DB to make a play on the throw.

but two of the picks were great plays by a DB.. not something your going to see all the time..

Dean
08-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Here is an excellent analysis of each pass that Orton threw. The analysis is very sound but since Mile High Report doesn't like copy and pasting their articles here is the URL. It's a good read.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/16/990840/kyle-orton-baseline-analysis

horsepig
08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Very good read, Dean. Thanks for the heads-up.

Interesting to read someone else's views on Orton's accuracy and arm strength issues. Sounds like there are definitely some specifics he can work on to gain a lot of improvement in his throws.

Dean
08-16-2009, 05:06 PM
For whatever it's worth, horsepig, the ints are plays 9, 13, and 14.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2009, 06:27 PM
More propaganda from the Mile Homer Report? I'll pass.......

Watchthemiddle
08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
this just goes to show that trade shouldnt of happened cutler hasnt developed to his new team and neither has orton both are good qaurterbacks but they are not used to what they have cutler is still good just needs time to develope as for orton idk i think he might just suck

sorry to dog on you t.k.o but im the new t.k.o and mine means take kyle out

Ya, your right.

After the first preseason game.
Mark Sanchez rookie of year

Sage Rosenfels league MVp

Orton Cutler trade bust

:coffee:

Simple Jaded
08-16-2009, 06:43 PM

1. Michael Lewis had Graham early and Clements had him late, both defenders were reading Orton's every thought. This is a good example of a pass that few QB's can complete, imo, and Orton is never going to be one of them, he can't make this pass.

2. Horrible pass, Orton was going to throw this pass from the time they called the play (Ironic, isn't it Cutler critics?), he was looking this way the entire time and there is no possible way Orton didn't see Bly.

3. This pass was so poor that it's hard to tell if he over-threw to the underneath receiver or under-threw the deep receiver, zero excuses for this play. Sure the defender made a good catch, but he was the closet player to the pass.

Horrible passes, no excuses, but then again, it's the 1st game of the preseason, no excuses are necassary.......

Simple Jaded
08-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Ya, your right.

After the first preseason game.
Mark Sanchez rookie of year

Sage Rosenfels league MVp

Orton Cutler trade bust

Speaking of Sanchez, did anyone else see the first pass of his career where he looked left and came back right and hit his receiver in stride down the right sideline?

Meanwhile, in his 5th year Kyle Orton is still one of the worse Bird Dog's in the league.......Kyle Orton is just not that good, average at best, let's hope McDaniels can work his magic as a System QB Whisperer.......

LoyalSoldier
08-16-2009, 09:01 PM
However Cutler at least lead a scoring drive that included a pass of 30 yards. Can't say the same for Orton. :mad:

Watchthemiddle
08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Speaking of Sanchez, did anyone else see the first pass of his career where he looked left and came back right and hit his receiver in stride down the right sideline?

Meanwhile, in his 5th year Kyle Orton is still one of the worse Bird Dog's in the league.......Kyle Orton is just not that good, average at best, let's hope McDaniels can work his magic as a System QB Whisperer.......

Meanwhile....did anyone see Cutler in his second series in the game, 4th year as a pro still try and throw off of his back foot and it went into the DB's hands? How about the one where he never took his eyes off the DB and threw it right into his gut?

Your right, lets hope McD works his magic..

Watchthemiddle
08-16-2009, 10:37 PM
However Cutler at least lead a scoring drive that included a pass of 30 yards. Can't say the same for Orton. :mad:

However, did you see why they didn't get a TD on that vaunted scoring drive? He threw into double coverage in the endzone to Hester. Typical Cutler led offense...rack up a bunch of yards and settle for a FG once in the red zone.

LoyalSoldier
08-16-2009, 11:03 PM
However, did you see why they didn't get a TD on that vaunted scoring drive? He threw into double coverage in the endzone to Hester. Typical Cutler led offense...rack up a bunch of yards and settle for a FG once in the red zone.

Hell I'll settle for a FG after our performance last saturday.

rcsodak
08-16-2009, 11:48 PM

Why are you talking about the bear's qb?
:D

LoyalSoldier
08-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Why are you talking about the bear's qb?
:D

Because it seems like this forum can't stop talking about him. Funny how they brought it up in a thread asking what Orton's rating was.

LRtagger
08-17-2009, 09:01 AM

Which was a direct result of a fumbled punt return.

GEM
08-17-2009, 10:00 AM

15 mph fastballs.

And Cutler threw an Int and was almost picked off on another, he threw into triple coverage. 90 mph duds.

So what?

GEM
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey Link....the sky is falling, the world as we know it is over, why do we even get out of bed in the morning?

:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-17-2009, 10:22 AM
And Cutler threw an Int and was almost picked off on another, he threw into triple coverage. 90 mph duds.

So what?

GEM - you just don't get it. If someone throws an INT at 90 mhp - just think how impressive that is. It takes away from the emphasis being on the INT, and rather instead, the person throwing the INT is given style points, is given credit for throwing at 90 mph - GEEZ girl - you need to get with it :D

GEM
08-17-2009, 10:28 AM
GEM - you just don't get it. If someone throws an INT at 90 mhp - just think how impressive that is. It takes away from the emphasis being on the INT, and rather instead, the person throwing the INT is given style points, is given credit for throwing at 90 mph - GEEZ girl - you need to get with it :D

Yea....I forgot how big stylin is to one, Mr. Jay "I gots me a cool hairdo" Cutler.

:laugh: :D

Dortoh
08-17-2009, 11:11 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/methud/DontJump.png

claymore
08-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Orton is worse than I thought.

GEM
08-17-2009, 12:42 PM

One preseason game Clay...hell if ChiTown is thinking the same thing...no wonder Tumbana hasn't been around...he jumped. :shocked: hehehehe...

Dortoh
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
FWIW (which is almost nothing) Orton did not throw a single pick in this mornings practice.

LRtagger
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM
FWIW (which is almost nothing) Orton did not throw a single pick in this mornings practice.

Funny no one overreacts when Orton has a good day...I guess I will be the first:

OMG GUYS WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL WE HAVE THE BEST QB EVER

Watchthemiddle
08-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Someone please answer this one for me.

When Shanny and Cutler were here it was all about the "3rd year". All we were told was the QB would finally get it and excell after the 3rd year in Shanny's offense. Okay, I bought in to it also. However, that 3rd year in the system, that QB choked away a 3 game lead with 3 to play.

Now, everyone wants to jump on Orton after 2 WEEKS in a brand new system?

Now I understand why Cutler called all Bronco fans a 6 and Bears fans a 9. Hypocrisy.

Watchthemiddle
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM

And based off of the performance of the starting Bears QB in their FIRST preseason game...he is right where he has been now for 4 years in the league.

rcsodak
08-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Because it seems like this forum can't stop talking about him. Funny how they brought it up in a thread asking what Orton's rating was.

Now I KNOW that you know better than that, LS.....;)

The threadmaker saw an opportunity to cut open wider, some recent wounds....and instead, fell on the knife.

Nobody coulda planned it better. :D