PDA

View Full Version : Replacements for Henry, via FA next year, scratch list.

underrated29
11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
ok, so dream,lex, tx,moram,mug?? and all you other guys out there who moniter FA, and such i thougt id make a list of possible rbs the broncos could attain in the offseason. ASSUMING HENRY IS GONE!

I dont have the resources or time to go through each player and check and see about contract status, franchise tag... so I thought i make a list of RB's and we could kinda go through and scratch some off, add some, say why and why not...(it will also give us something to do since the boards are kinda quite lately. Whose in??

atl-?
balt-M. ANDERSON (with mgahee in and musa smith seeming to bea viable backup, anderson might be a possibility)

buff-?
car-?
chi-?
cinn-CHRIS PERRY with johnson, watson and irons, he might be an odd man out.
clev-?
dal- J. JONES with baraber and rumors of dmac, jones might see the road
det- T BEll-they got kevin back, and ducket is the power-tatum is gone for sure!
gb-?
houston-Ron dayne, hard to say, but ahman green and the other guy their too
indy-?
jax-?
kc-?
mia-?
minn- mewelde moore? Ad is here to stay and taylor as a backup? bye MM?
NE-?
NO-?
NYG- R droughns- jacobs and ward have looked good, reuben is the odd man
nyj-?
OAk- D.rhodes and maybe L.jordan- they got fargas and M bush who i think will be a major stud- rhodes is for sure on his way out, maybe jordan too?
Phi-?
Pit-?
stl-?
san- M turner- we know he will be gone, but to who? does he fit here?
sfo-?
sea- S. alexander?- probably not, but he hasnt played well and i am sure he has an expensive contract
Tampa-M.bennett- with healthy carnell next year and graham and pittman he could be gone?
Ten- C. Brown- lendale and henry are the rb's brown is as good as gone
was-?

Did i miss any teams? Ok who do you think we can add/eliminate and might be worth a good look here and why.

dogfish
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
michael turner, derrick ward and julius jones-- no one else is worth considering, IMO. . . .

TXBRONC
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Honestly I would rather draft a runningback than pick up one of these guys. It's not that I think they are bad players I just think in long run we would be better off.

WAB
11-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Agreed TX.

Michael Turner is going to get large dollars. Julius Jones is like Tatum Bell...more muscle and less speed. He's a major boom or bust and when he does boom he sucks anyways.

The only potentially avaibable guy worth looking at is Marion Barber. Initially I thought Chris Perry would be a good idea, but it looks like he's 2 bones and a ligament short of a broken body...dude can't stay healthy.

TXBRONC
11-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Agreed TX.

Michael Turner is going to get large dollars. Julius Jones is like Tatum Bell...more muscle and less speed. He's a major boom or bust and when he does boom he sucks anyways.

The only potentially avaibable guy worth looking at is Marion Barber. Initially I thought Chris Perry would be a good idea, but it looks like he's 2 bones and a ligament short of a broken body...dude can't stay healthy.

Barber is going be a free agent after this year? An RFA or UFA?

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
This is the best RB draft in a long time. If we even consider a FA I'll be mega pissed.

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Agreed TX.

Marion Barber WILL NOT be available.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Drafting a running back, preferably one out of the Stable of Juniors would be best. Screw free agency.

dogfish
11-08-2007, 08:06 PM
all well and good to say draft a back, but which pick we talkin' about?

clearly i don't get a vote, but i'm not going to be happy if we spend either of our first day picks on positions outside the defensive front seven unless it's an OT. . . we can fill all the skill positions we want, but until the line play improves the broncos flat-out aren't going anywhere. . . unfortunately, i'm starting to think that this team has more holes than we can even begin to fill through the draft-- IF we want to be contenders next year, i'm afraid we're going to have to make an impact in free agency. . . . orrr, we can play it conservative, develop our draft picks and hoard up some cap dollars for when guys like cutler, marshall and dumervil really start to hit their prime in another year or so. . .

freakin' idiot henry screwed things all up-- he was supposed to hold down the position and give us quality play there for the next 2-3 years. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 08:43 PM
If Denver were to trade down, get some additional selections - or trade a veteran player to acquire another selection, I think it could be anywhere on the first day.

I think there are seven juniors who could be likely to jet - and would be fantastic selections in rounds one or two. I think Denver absolutely needs offensive tackle help, needs a defensive tackle desperately, a safety and a linebacker - but if there was a nice running back available, that'd really help round out our offense.

It's too early to predict what we'll do. We'll get some FA players, and that'll lessen some of the needs. I do believe Denver will have more than just two day one selections. I would suggest that they do whatever possible to get them, considering that the positions of OT, LB and RB (with juniors) which are three of their top needs will have plenty of Day One talent available.

Ugh, I'm so excited.

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
If Denver were to trade down, get some additional selections - or trade a veteran player to acquire another selection, I think it could be anywhere on the first day.

I think there are seven juniors who could be likely to jet - and would be fantastic selections in rounds one or two. I think Denver absolutely needs offensive tackle help, needs a defensive tackle desperately, a safety and a linebacker - but if there was a nice running back available, that'd really help round out our offense.

It's too early to predict what we'll do. We'll get some FA players, and that'll lessen some of the needs. I do believe Denver will have more than just two day one selections. I would suggest that they do whatever possible to get them, considering that the positions of OT, LB and RB (with juniors) which are three of their top needs will have plenty of Day One talent available.

Ugh, I'm so excited.

Word up bro. Same here.

I don't know much about the offensive linemen in this draft yet this year, but Jonathan Stewart/McFadden if possible and someone like Shawn Crable would be an amazing first day for us.

lex
11-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree that we should draft a RB...as a matter of fact, I think it should be McFadden. But anyway, didnt I hear a runor abour Portis coming back to Denver a while back? That captured my interest for a bout 10 seconds until I remembered how much wear and tear that dude has.

silkamilkamonico
11-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I agree that we should draft a RB...as a matter of fact, I think it should be McFadden. But anyway, didnt I hear a runor abour Portis coming back to Denver a while back?

At his contract, Denver would have to be stupid to even consider him.

WAB
11-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Marion Barber WILL NOT be available.

Did he sign an extension?

The fact that he's an RFA makes him "potentially" available.

As far as drafting someone, just get someone that can pair with Selvin. At least that's how I would do it--it's an unrealistic proposition given Shanny's feelings on the matter. It'd be smart though IMO...because of a minimal commitment and an obvious ease of finding "usable" backs.

There's plenty of frontline options though if we end up going that way.

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Did he sign an extension?

The fact that he's an RFA makes him "potentially" available.

As far as drafting someone, just get someone that can pair with Selvin. At least that's how I would do it--it's an unrealistic proposition given Shanny's feelings on the matter. It'd be smart though IMO...because of a minimal commitment and an obvious ease of finding "usable" backs.

There's plenty of frontline options though if we end up going that way.

I didn't know he's an RFA, my b.

frenchfan
11-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Honestly I would rather draft a runningback than pick up one of these guys. It's not that I think they are bad players I just think in long run we would be better off.I agree.

What do we want?
A good team each year or a superbowl contender team each year?
Draft a good RB and turn him in a new TD (and pray his carrer will be longer :D)...

Don't forget that we also have 2 lignes to build (OL and DL)... Not to mention our safeties and LBs...

SR
11-09-2007, 05:15 AM
You guys are all acting like Henry is down for the count. Who is to say that we don't keep Henry, even if he does end up having to serve a one-year suspension? Who is to say that he is done by the end of week 10, sits out until next year come week 10, and Selvin Young can't be a good fill-in for our team?

frenchfan
11-09-2007, 06:44 AM
You guys are all acting like Henry is down for the count. Who is to say that we don't keep Henry, even if he does end up having to serve a one-year suspension? Who is to say that he is done by the end of week 10, sits out until next year come week 10, and Selvin Young can't be a good fill-in for our team?I just hope Henry will stay healthy and stop his extra-football BS...

He is a damn good RB... But, can we really rely on him?
I would hope so because IMO we have other issues to addres...

Young? I haven't seen him too much (thanks French TV :mad: )... Could you give me your opinion on him please ?
IMO he has potential, but do you think he can be a franchise RB ?

SR
11-09-2007, 06:59 AM
but do you think he can be a franchise RB ?

No.........

underrated29
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I see it in a different way, amybe we keep henry once his suspension is over, if he is i doubt we do, but even then i think rb is a place we can get by for a year.

IMo we need to draft ol,dl,lb with the first 3 picks, i would actaully like our next couple picks to be on another dl and lb. To me this shores up our BIGGEST weaknesses. then we can do what we always do, plug in a rb and churn out 1k yards and 10 tds. and be really competative team.

Maybe there are some rb worth drafting in the later rds, but why not grab one via fa and use our other picks to trade up/down or add depth.

thats why i like c brown-the broken rb when healthy he is pretty good, and i also wouldnt mind bringing bak droughns.

I am not to high on turner, and i think he would cost to much and we might as well draft dmac then.

broncos9697
11-09-2007, 01:30 PM
You guys are all acting like Henry is down for the count. Who is to say that we don't keep Henry, even if he does end up having to serve a one-year suspension? Who is to say that he is done by the end of week 10, sits out until next year come week 10, and Selvin Young can't be a good fill-in for our team?

we should keep henry on the team..young and still has not hit his prime ''just stay out of trouble and were fine....he;s a great back..

SR
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
we should keep henry on the team..young and still has not hit his prime ''just stay out of trouble and were fine....he;s a great back..

I say we keep him, regardless of if he is suspended or not. We aren't going to build a dynasty over night and I believe that, based on the first few games alone, that Travis Henry is the missing piece to our running puzzle. This RB by committee thing pisses me off. I want more great running backs who can put up the stats and build confidence off of that, not get pulled out of a game on 3rd and 1 just so the "thunder" can come in and relieve the "lightning".

DenBronx
11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I've said this before, I'd like to see us make a trade with the Rams. I think Foxy is just as good as Bly...there I said it. In fact I think he is better at tackling then Bly. Foxy has only ONE TRUE year at CB and that was his rookie year with limited playing time behind Dwill. So package Bly with a 2nd rounder for Jackson. Is there anyone that would disagree that Jackson is better than Henry?

Then resign Foxy, which and should come cheaper than Bly. Jacksons contract would be a little more than Bly's but we wouldnt have Henry (as we might expect) to worry about. This leaves the cb/nickle position to address with a 4th rounder.

TXBRONC
11-09-2007, 02:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken SR Shanahan has already said that should Henry lose his appeal he's gone. I don't think any team is going to pay player to sit the vast majority of the season to sit out because they have been suspended.

TXBRONC
11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I've said this before, I'd like to see us make a trade with the Rams. I think Foxy is just as good as Bly...there I said it. In fact I think he is better at tackling then Bly. Foxy has only ONE TRUE year at CB and that was his rookie year with limited playing time behind Dwill. So package Bly with a 2nd rounder for Jackson. Is there anyone that would disagree that Jackson is better than Henry?

Then resign Foxy, which and should come cheaper than Bly. Jacksons contract would be a little more than Bly's but we wouldnt have Henry (as we might expect) to worry about. This leaves the cb/nickle position to address with a 4th rounder.

I doubt you will find much disagreement about Jackson being better than Henry however, I don't see the Rams taking that deal.

underrated29
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken SR Shanahan has already said that should Henry lose his appeal he's gone. I don't think any team is going to pay player to sit the vast majority of the season to sit out because they have been suspended.

tx i also remember hearing that, thats what my basis of this thread was- assiming henry is gone. Henry though, being pretty classy said he would payback all money and everything if he failed his polygraph and such. I really believe him, but thats another thread, another topic.

I dont see the rams parting with jackson, unless its a rediculous price, not even fair like you said, but ridiculous! (i tried to spell that word twice now and it still doesn't look right.)

TXBRONC
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
tx i also remember hearing that, thats what my basis of this thread was- assiming henry is gone. Henry though, being pretty classy said he would payback all money and everything if he failed his polygraph and such. I really believe him, but thats another thread, another topic.

I dont see the rams parting with jackson, unless its a rediculous price, not even fair like you said, but ridiculous! (i tried to spell that word twice now and it still doesn't look right.)

I guess will know soon enough if Henry will keep his should he be suspended.

I like Foxworth and Bly but those two and a second round pick would be pretty cheap for a running back of Jackson's caliber.

SR
11-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't think the Rams would want to trade for Bly and I don't think they'd be dumb enough to give up Stephen Jackson. The Rams are a ways away from being a contender, and they have far bigger problems than one CB.

To respond to some of the other ideas. Droughns, no. Mike Anderson, no. Chris Brown, no.

IMO, no one, especially in the AFC, will trade a reputable RB to Denver. I think, should Henry be out the door, we're going to have to find a RB on our own, whether it be through FA, or through the draft, and do it that way the way we had for years before Henry.

underrated29
11-09-2007, 03:41 PM
i agree sr through fa, and the rbs i listed are all ones that i think will be availabe through fa and not for trading.

But who do you think we should go after in FA assuming travis is gone?

dogfish
11-09-2007, 05:20 PM

what?

:spit: :pound: :rofl:

that trade wouldn't even go through in madden! steven jackson is one of the best players in the NFL, he's the cornerstone of their entire franchise-- they're not going to trade him. . .

DenBronx
11-09-2007, 06:54 PM
what?

:spit: :pound: :rofl:

that trade wouldn't even go through in madden! steven jackson is one of the best players in the NFL, he's the cornerstone of their entire franchise-- they're not going to trade him. . .

well i always undershoot. :D

ok so throw in stephen alexander and im sure they will bite.

TXBRONC
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
well i always undershoot. :D

ok so throw in stephen alexander and im sure they will bite.

Yea I'm sure they wouldn't be able to pass up that deal. ;)