PDA

View Full Version : Jack Del Rio likely to stay put in Denver as DC

Magnificent Seven
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
As of Tuesday afternoon, three teams have been aggressively pursuing Broncos’ offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, seeking to fill vacant head coaching positions. As for Denver’s defensive coordinator, Jack Del Rio, no teams have come calling, yet.

“When you’re a young guy and you haven’t been there, the urgency and desire to get that opportunity is such that you’d take just about any job given to you,” Del Rio told the Associated Press, indicating that he would be very choosy when considering head coaching offers.

“If there’s something that fits and the right situation comes along, so be it. But in the meantime, I’m all in, 100 percent as a lieutenant on this staff. I’m somebody that John Fox, John Elway … and the players can count on. I’m 100 percent invested in helping them be their best.”

Read full article: http://broncotalk.net/2013/01/43947/broncos-buzz/jack-del-rio-likely-to-stay-put-in-denver-as-dc/#more-43947

SR
01-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Good news

LTC Pain
01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Outforkinstanding!!!

pnbronco
01-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Great!!!!

DenBronx
01-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I love JDR!!! I know we wont be able to keep him forever but hope he can stay at least as long as Manning does. He would be a huge piece in us winning a SB as would Manning. The two biggest moves this offseason was getting Manning and JDR. Both propelled us into the top 5 on offense and defense. <---- THAT is what makes a championship team.

Mike McCoy I think feels he is ready to be a HC. Although many of you know I am on record saying I dont think he is a great OC, he might just be a good HC though. Players seems to like him and if he ever got a solid OC behind him then he will do fine I think....McCoy may even get better over time as a play caller but right now I don't see what sets him apart from other average play callers.

With JDR and Matt Russell publicly saying they don't want to leave Denver and that they are 100% commited speaks volumes about John Elway! It seems like it isnt just players that believe in Elway but his staff as well. It isnt just Elway though....it's our owner too....it's our head coach Fox too. From the QB, to the WRs to everyone on defense, this team is exactly that, a team. But there's no denying how awesome of a job John Elway has done, especially when our head DC wont even look at other jobs.

Canmore
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
That would be a relief. Still it is awfully early. I would like to think that we have weathered the storm.

topscribe
01-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Just made my day . . .

Army Bronco
01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!!!

camdisco24
01-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Wow, our front office went from crap to gold real fast. We are so fortunate to have these guys leading our team.

Ziggy
01-01-2013, 08:03 PM
The ideal scenario would be to have Del Rio go the Dick LaBeau route and want to finish his career as a D coordinator. Since I don't see that happening, I'll settle for having him as our D coordinator for at least one more year. If he stays, Champ probably does back flips. I hope that the Broncos are training up his successor within.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
As a side note, the Chargers ask permission to interview Matt Russell for their GM opening - from Vic

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Regarding the report out of San Diego on Matt Russell, the Broncos did NOT deny an interview. Russell's not interested in leaving Denver.

SR
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
As a side note, the Chargers ask permission to interview Matt Russell for their GM opening - from Vic

Vic Lombardi &rlm;@VicLombardi

Regarding the report out of San Diego on Matt Russell, the Broncos did NOT deny an interview. Russell's not interested in leaving Denver.

Russell declined this and any other interview request.

pnbronco
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Elvis said they love having JDR as their D cord. He has brought so much to the team. I know it's still early but it's nice to know that he would only leave for something that he sees as a really good fit. Having the same D for even 2 years in a row would be a major plus and maybe JDR would like a couple shots of a ring too....:D.

shank
01-02-2013, 08:50 AM
:giddy:

SoCalImport
01-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Truely awesome news! I actually liked JDR as a HC in Jacksonville what with the mafia suits on the sidelines and whatnot.
But I heart him as our DC a lot more. <3

TXBRONC
01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Honestly I've thought from the very beginning when Del Rio was hired that we would have very good chance of keeping him around for more than one season. Was head coach for almost a decade and wasn't particularly great the last handful of years so figured other teams not look at him as candidate for at least a couple of years.

TXBRONC
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Just made my day . . .

You got that right Harry.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Not sure how long Fox wants to be a HC, but also the possibility after Fox retires, DelRio would take over if he stays with the Broncos.

yuhateme80
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
When fox leave we should get Kyle shannahan father n son winning championships in Denver

BroncoWave
01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
When fox leave we should get Kyle shannahan father n son winning championships in Denver

Kyle may get a HC gig before Fox leaves here. I've heard he's a pretty hot commodity.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
I read somewhere after Shanahan became HC with the Redskins, that, within his contract, there was a clause that after Shanahan retired, Kyle would be the HC.

But we’re reminded of a rumor that was making the rounds when Shanahan and Son arrived three years ago in Washington. As the chatter went, Mike would hold the job for an undetermined number of years, try to win another Super Bowl, and eventually hand the reins to Kyle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/23/snyder-should-arrange-shanahan-to-shanahan-succession-plan/