PDA

View Full Version : Where's Tumbana?

NightTrainLayne
08-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Will Tumbana return here before Cutler throw's his first Touchdown as a Bear?

Tonight, Cutler was 5/10 with one INT, as well as another ball that was right in the chest of a Bills defender, and ANOTHER ball in the end-zone forced into double coverage and tipped by a line-backer 10 yards upfield. Then he got pulled.

Does the Bears troll have the cajones to show up after such a "dazzling" performance?

Northman
08-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and say no. lmao

MasterShake
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Silly NTL, don't you know Tumbana did not see the interception because his retinas were burned by the holy light of a Jay Cutler pass whizzing by at warp speed on his first throw? Don't you remember the first time the almighty Cutler unsheathed his canon arm and melted the faces of the Bronco nation? I wish I could say I remember what it felt like to bask in that glow, but alas you can only look God in the eye once before you must avert you gaze lest have your eyeballs melt.

Either that or he did see the INT and the two other horrible passes and is curled up in the fetal position listening to the "Superbowl Shuffle" on an endless loop while clutching a picture of Mike Ditka.

slim
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
NTL, I guess you don't really understand how trolling works.

Lonestar
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
NTL, I guess you don't really understand how trolling works.

but they do know smack...

Northman
08-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Im kind of hoping Ursamajor comes strolling in too. Better yet, maybe we should go hunt them down. lol

Lonestar
08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Im kind of hoping Ursamajor comes strolling in too. Better yet, maybe we should go hunt them down. lol

ursa is pretty cool about it unlike others..

Gamechanger
08-15-2009, 11:09 PM
*peeps in*

but they still can say:

at least it wasn't 3 INTs in one half

Orton? LOL WUT?

"i'm just sayin bro..."

*tiptoes back out*

Northman
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
*peeps in*

but they still can say:

Orton? LOL WUT?

"i'm just sayin bro..."

*tiptoes back out*

No, he had 1 and 1 possible in one quarter. And even with the 3 picks Orton still had a better rating. Im not so sure i would be pumping my chest about being worse than Kyle Orton. :lol:

Gamechanger
08-15-2009, 11:14 PM
No, he had 1 and 1 possible in one quarter. And even with the 3 picks Orton still had a better rating. Im not so sure i would be pumping my chest about being worse than Kyle Orton. :lol:

:beer:

luckily i'm not in this one

they both suck in the pre-season

thats established

slim
08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
:beer:

luckily i'm not in this one

they both suck in the pre-season

thats established

If you are not in it, then ****.

Gamechanger
08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
If you are not in it, then ****.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2la4fvc.jpg

nah i think i'll stay here

Shazam!
08-15-2009, 11:54 PM
As long as Tumbuna can just shut the **** up for 5 minutes without sucking Cutler's **** I'm happy.

ursamajor
08-16-2009, 05:31 AM

Tonight, Cutler was 5/10 with one INT, as well as another ball that was right in the chest of a Bills defender, and ANOTHER ball in the end-zone forced into double coverage and tipped by a line-backer 10 yards upfield. Then he got pulled.

Does the Bears troll have the cajones to show up after such a "dazzling" performance?

Not a great game for Cutler-But the throw to Hester in the end zone was not double coverage. Hester was open. It was a great play by the Bills LB to tip it.

ursamajor
08-16-2009, 05:33 AM

:yo:

NightTrainLayne
08-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Not a great game for Cutler-But the throw to Hester in the end zone was not double coverage. Hester was open. It was a great play by the Bills LB to tip it.

:confused: I think someone spiked your kool-aid.

LRtagger
08-16-2009, 09:13 AM
*peeps in*

but they still can say:

Orton? LOL WUT?

"i'm just sayin bro..."

*tiptoes back out*

Well hey, at least our offensive line didnt give up 3 sacks in like 4 snaps or whatever :hi:

LRtagger
08-16-2009, 09:13 AM
:confused: I think someone spiked your kool-aid.

no kidding, he was nowhere near open

Overtime
08-16-2009, 09:54 AM

come on now man...according to Bears frauds....er I mean fans....that's the Golden Arm that's taking them to the Super Bowl this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Overtime
08-16-2009, 11:48 AM
haha, quote of the day by a Bears fan

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/permalink/1720404/1720686/ShowThread.aspx#1720686

Turner's POS offense is anything BUT a new system. It's build around last century's Dallas Cowboy incarnation of the 1962 Sid Gillman/Don Coryell deep vertical game.

Cutler going from a Shanahan offense to a Turner offense must be like going from a 2008 Porsche to a 1973 Vega.

CZ

topscribe
08-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Hester was open, and it was a bad throw. That is all.

-----

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Hester was open, and it was a bad throw. That is all.

-----

Which one?

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 01:31 PM
:yo:

what are your thoughts on Cutlers excuses after the game?

Its funny how he downplays everything and always has that one excuse as to why he didnt play well.

BigDaddyBronco
08-16-2009, 01:34 PM

Its funny how he downplays everything and always has that one excuse as to why he didnt play well.

Or blames the defense.

Hey, we may be in trouble with our QB play this year. At least we didn't give up our draft for it. :cool:

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 01:44 PM

do you have a link to his presser? would love to hear him whine for the first time in chitown #one of many to come..

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 02:00 PM
do you have a link to his presser? would love to hear him whine for the first time in chitown #one of many to come..

couldnt find it on NFL.com or the Bears official website, but Ill keep looking.

Its a typical Cutler interview... quietly putting the blame on others as well as downplaying his performance.....he said something like "We really didnt put much into this game going in just calling some base stuff and seeing what happens out there"

he also made sure to mention that Forte and Olsen were out with injuries.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 02:53 PM
here it is.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-16-haugh-jay-cutler-bears-aug16,0,191068.column

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Unwelcome but necessary, a late arrival to the Jay Cutler Bandwagon dampened the enthusiasm surrounding the debut of the Bears (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/chicago-bears-ORSPT000036.topic) quarterback Saturday night at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Reality.

Turns out Jay Cutler can make mistakes. He will disappoint. He needs a transition period.

He might even raise an eyebrow as he holds his wide receivers publicly accountable for an interception he threw, as Cutler did when beginning an answer about his interception with an explanation of Devin Hester (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/football/devin-hester-PESPT007248.topic)'s role in it.

Asked what happened on the underthrown first-quarter pass Cutler heaved off his back foot that cornerback Leodis McKelvin intercepted, the Bears quarterback introduced Hester into the equation.

"Devin is more of a go-get-it guy," Cutler said. "He's not really a back-shoulder, jump-up-and-get-it [guy] and ... you learn from it. You make some mistakes. It's a preseason game."

Hester acknowledged he could have made a better play on the ball once he realized Cutler's pump fake didn't fool McKelvin. Regardless, he still beat McKelvin by a step to get open.

"From watching the tape, [McKelvin] didn't bite on it so it was pretty tough to try to catch up to," Hester said. "I probably could have tried to make a play on the ball, as far as knocking it out of his hands. It wasn't nobody's fault."

The difference in interpretation can be attributed to Hester and Cutler still developing a rapport that has a ways to go. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner diplomatically pointed out Hester should have been more aggressive breaking up a pass that admittedly wasn't a good throw from Cutler.

The last thing an offense needs is to bring blame into the huddle.

"On balls like that, the receiver has to go up and break it up if they can," Turner said. "Devin did [adjust and Cutler] still thought Devin had a chance to get by him."

Wherever Cutler put the football against the Bills (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/football/buffalo-bills-ORSPT000034.topic), where he placed responsibility for his interception might have been the most telling thing about his first game as a Bear.

The rest of it -- 5 of 10 for 64 yards and that interception in 14 plays -- should be of little concern. If Cutler plays this poorly next month, the civic reaction should be "uh-oh." But now a collective "oh, well," works just fine.

"There's no reason for anybody to start to panic," Cutler said.

Agreed. That is why the NFL (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/football/nfl-ORSPT000007.topic) plays four exhibition games. This was a televised scrimmage, a way to break up the monotony of training camp as well as charge fans regular-season admission prices to watch glorified practices.

It really means nothing in terms of projecting Cutler's season. The last three NFL regular seasons represent a truer gauge than one quarter in the preseason. Cutler's past still inspires high hopes if his present needs some work.

Cutler's performance Saturday may bring out the I-told-you-so crowd and jam sports-talk radio lines with talk of whether No. 6 will be the latest Bears quarterback to break Chicago's heart, but it would be silly to overreact.

Remember how crisp Rex Grossman (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/football/rex-grossman-PESPT006897.topic) looked two years ago in the 2007 exhibition opener at Houston? How much of an indicator was that?

Mild injuries forced Cutler to play without tight end Greg Olsen (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/football/greg-olsen-PESPT008269.topic), his favorite target, and running back Matt Forte, the team's best threat. The basic game plan from Turner: Stay healthy.

That will sound like an excuse to Cutler critics, but rest assured the same perspective would be doled out if Cutler had completed 8 of 10 for two touchdowns.

Positives? There were two: Cutler hit Desmond Clark (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/desmond-clark-PESPT001299.topic) in stride for a 30-yard reception and took a deep drop, set his feet and fired a strike to Hester for a 20-yard gain. The focus will be on the other 12 plays when the Bears break down the videotape, as it should be.

"Over the next couple of weeks we'll really start game-planning and go deeper into games," Cutler said. "That's when we'll get a much better feel for where we're headed and what we've got."

What the Bears coaching staff has now is a more captive audience, and that's not such a bad thing.

OaklandRaider
08-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey, we may be in trouble with our QB play this year. At least we didn't give up our draft for it. :cool:

No, instead you gave up your draft for a short ass kick returner/nickel CB.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
No, instead you gave up your draft for a short ass kick returner/nickel CB.

Not as bad as taking the fourth-best receiver at No. 8, signing him for so much money that you can't sign your fifth-round defensive end, and then topping that by drafting a safety that wasn't even on most team's boards and wasn't even listed on nfl.com, cbssports.com or espn.com's draft boards, which included almost 1,000 player each.

But nice try at the draft smack.

Fail.

And Life Fail.

Gamechanger
08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Well hey, at least our offensive line didnt give up 3 sacks in like 4 snaps or whatever :hi:

your right, i'd rather have three sacks than three picks though

but at least our new workhouse still has 2 good knees

also, FWIW it was a makeshift line, whats Orton's excuse? :wave:

OaklandRaider
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Not as bad as taking the fourth-best receiver at No. 8, signing him for so much money that you can't sign your fifth-round defensive end, and then topping that by drafting a safety that wasn't even on most team's boards and wasn't even listed on nfl.com, cbssports.com or espn.com's draft boards, which included almost 1,000 player each.

But nice try at the draft smack.

Fail.

And Life Fail.

First off, we cut the 6th round D-end before we signed DHB. So you fail there. And DHB would've been the second receiver taken in the draft if the Raiders hadn't taken him at 7. The Giants, Eagles and Ravens were all prepared to trade up into the teens to take him. I didn't like the pick, still dont but he probably has more potential than any offensive player in the draft.

And Michael Mitchell would've been taken with the 49th pick by the Chicago Bears if the Raiders had'nt taken him. Mike Mayock even apologized for bashing the pick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIGDX_oK_c

Denver's draft was awful. Drafting a runningback with your first pick when you already signed like 5 already in free agency. Trading a top 5 pick for a nickelback/punt returner, who you passed on twice already. Only drafting ONE front 7 defensive player out of ten selections. Drafting a TE with only 12 career catches in the second round, especially when you already had Daniel Graham and Tony Sheffler on your roster.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
First off, we cut the 6th round D-end before we signed DHB. So you fail there.

Money issue still stands, but nice try. Probably realized they couldn't afford to pay every one because Davis was offering way too much to Heyward-Bey. But, again, I don't expect an idiot like you to realize that.

And DHB would've been the second receiver taken in the draft if the Raiders hadn't taken him at 7. The Giants, Eagles and Ravens were all prepared to trade up into the teens to take him. I didn't like the pick, still dont but he probably has more potential than any offensive player in the draft.

More delusions of grandeur from our village idiot.

And Michael Mitchell would've been taken with the 49th pick by the Chicago Bears if the Raiders had'nt taken him. Mike Mayock even apologized for bashing the pick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIGDX_oK_c

Keep dreaming and making weak rationalizations for your unfounded and laughable "scouting."

Hey, I hear Al Davis might need someone in the front office...you'll fit nicely.

OaklandRaider
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Money issue still stands, but nice try. Probably realized they couldn't afford to pay every one because Davis was offering way too much to Heyward-Bey. But, again, I don't expect an idiot like you to realize that.

It's not a money issue, dum dum. Do you really think the Raiders cut Sulak because they couldn't afford to pay DHB and him? :pound: Wow.

You do realize that there is a rookie cap in place, right? if the Raiders wanted to sign Sulak, he would've been signed. He wasn't a fit apparently, and he has already signed with GB. You're confused as hell if you think the Raiders cut Sulak because they couldn't afford to pay DHB :lol:

What a maroon!

More delusions of grandeur from our village idiot.

But I don’t expect that to happen. I expect the Giants to take a receiver. And I don’t necessarily expect them to take him at 29. I do think the Giants are most likely going to try to trade up in the first round, but I just don’t know if they’re going to be able to get high enough for the guy they so desperately want.

And that guy is Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Yes, as it turns out, the guy I was shocked to see waiting for me at 29 in two media mock drafts is the Giants’ No. 1 target this year, from what I’ve been told. And, like me, they’re pretty sure they can’t get him at 29. That’s why, as I told you this morning in the Daily News, the Giants are trying to get themselves into at least the Top 20 in the hopes they can make him their pick..

I’ve heard the Baltimore Ravens are actively trying to get ahead of the Eagles, Vikings and Dolphins so they can get first crack at a receiver. The Browns like Heyward-Bey too, and could acquire a mid-first-round pick from someone if they trade Edwards or QB Brady Quinn. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/04/and-with-the-29th-pick.html#ixzz0OOJ3oNZ3

Multiple sources say the Giants, Eagles and Ravens were all trying to trade up to get DHB. He would've been the second receiver taken behind Crabtree.

Keep dreaming and making weak rationalizations for your unfounded and laughable "scouting."

I'm not dreaming, kid. I've provided facts, and the fact is Michael Mitchell would've been the Bears' second round pick if the Raiders hadn't drafted him.

Hey, I hear Al Davis might need someone in the front office...you'll fit nicely.

I hear Broke back mountain might need a stunt man. You'll fit nicely.

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 06:33 PM
OK folks it seems to be getting a TAD personal in here.. lets cool it down before the mods have to SMACK anyone around..

lets get :focus:

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
It's not a money issue, dum dum. Do you really think the Raiders cut Sulak because they couldn't afford to pay DHB and him? :pound: Wow.

You do realize that there is a rookie cap in place, right? if the Raiders wanted to sign Sulak, he would've been signed. He wasn't a fit apparently, and he has already signed with GB. You're confused as hell if you think the Raiders cut Sulak because they couldn't afford to pay DHB :lol:

What a maroon!

Multiple sources say the Giants, Eagles and Ravens were all trying to trade up to get DHB. He would've been the second receiver taken behind Crabtree.

I'm not dreaming, kid. I've provided facts, and the fact is Michael Mitchell would've been the Bears' second round pick if the Raiders hadn't drafted him.

I hear Broke back mountain might need a stunt man. You'll fit nicely.

Nice, calling me gay. That's solid smack right there. Especially after the pathetic attempts at justifying your stupid opinions.

I know your simplistic little mind can't comprehend paying rookies and the whole concept of money...but its quite obvious to the rest of the world that Sulak being cut was for money issues, not performance, because, um, well...he didn't even get a chance to perform.

LOL...

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
OK folks it seems to be getting a TAD personal in here.. lets cool it down before the mods have to SMACK anyone around..

lets get :focus:

think we will have a 15 minute or so time out..

see above

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 06:54 PM
now lets see if we can play nice..

ursamajor
08-17-2009, 05:07 AM
no kidding, he was nowhere near open

If 2 steps and running away from the db across the back of the end zone isn't open, then I don't know what is

ursamajor
08-17-2009, 05:13 AM

Its funny how he downplays everything and always has that one excuse as to why he didn't play well.

He said in so many words that he should not have thrown a jump ball to Hester. Obvious yes, where was the excuse?

After the trade, every little thing each player does in practice, and off the field, is analyzed and analyzed again. Par for the course in a high profile trade I suppose. Im sure both QBs will iron out the wrinkles.

I think people are shocked, and dismayed a bit on either side. I liken it to the first time your GF/Wife farts in front of you. You still love em, but it puts stuff in perspective.

silkamilkamonico
08-17-2009, 06:10 AM
After the trade, every little thing each player does in practice, and off the field, is analyzed and analyzed again. Par for the course in a high profile trade I suppose. Im sure both QBs will iron out the wrinkles.

I doubt it. They both have Chicago ties. Orton's problem is he was "developed" by the worst QB progressing organization in the NFL, and it looks like the affect is already starting to wear on Cutler.

Poor Cutler. It's like an amazingly beautiful women trapped in a room full of blind idiots. It's only a matter of time before that godforsakenly QB unfriendly organization ruins his career too.

ursamajor
08-17-2009, 06:22 AM
...Orton's problem is he was "developed" by the worst QB progressing organization in the NFL

I disagree. You could have said the same thing about the Packers (Pre Favre), Saints (Pre Brees), Vikings (Pre Green, Post Green), Jets(Post Namath) The list goes on and on.

Keep working on that theory though, don't let my criticism detour you.

sneakers
08-17-2009, 06:57 AM
I wish the Bears were still in Platteville. It was only 45 minute drive away, and my aunt and uncle lived 1/4 mile from the practice field.

LRtagger
08-17-2009, 08:34 AM
If 2 steps and running away from the db across the back of the end zone isn't open, then I don't know what is

Right so you have a CB 1 step behind him, and safety one step ahead of him, and a LB in the passing lane.

Wide Open.

ursamajor
08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Right so you have a CB 1 step behind him, and safety one step ahead of him, and a LB in the passing lane.

Wide Open.

It comes on again on NFLN.

MasterShake
08-17-2009, 10:02 AM
It comes on again on NFLN.

At the :34 second mark

j2E47vquVE4

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 10:05 AM

Three guys open underneath...Bears fans better get used to that.

They didn't show the forced/tipped pass. I'd love to see that again, because it was damn-near triple coverage.

NightTrainLayne
08-17-2009, 10:10 AM

j2E47vquVE4

That's actually a different play than the one we're talking about MS.

MasterShake
08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
That's actually a different play than the one we're talking about MS.

Ok. Maybe its in the video somewhere.

NightTrainLayne
08-17-2009, 10:14 AM

I still appreciate the work you've done here. :salute:

MOtorboat
08-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Unfortunately, not...

Basically, they were on the five, McKelvin had bump and run on Hester on a slant, the safety read the play and was moving over to make the play, Cutler forced the pass and the linebacker batted it, because the linebacker was standing right in front of Hester.

LRtagger
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
They just showed the play again on ESPN

Hester was NOT open.

Lonestar
08-17-2009, 01:51 PM
They just showed the play again on ESPN

Hester was NOT open.

you have watched jay for how long and you expect a player to be open.. :Dshame on you..:confused:

NightTrainLayne
08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Still no Tumbana sighting? Hmm.

Will he have any credibility left when he returns?

Northman
08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Still no Tumbana sighting? Hmm.

Will he have any credibility left when he returns?

Did he really have any when he showed up? :lol:

Overtime
08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Did he really have any when he showed up? :lol:

I don't think he's coming back.

Now that Favre signed with the Vikings, any hopes the Bear cubs had of winning the division and going to the playoffs just went down the drain.

GEM
08-23-2009, 12:50 AM
So Tumbana...since you are here tonight, how come no posts in this thread? :laugh:

Watchthemiddle
08-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Badumphdumph

tumbana
08-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Who, me?

Watchthemiddle
08-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Weasel

Overtime
08-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Who, me?

yeah you bandwagon boy.

you only show your grille, when your team does something, otherwise you disappear for 7 days.

please, pm the mods, request your account to be deleted and go start crap somewhere else, you're not wanted here, and you're a loser.

Watchthemiddle
08-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Everyone stop jumping all over Thumbalina....he is no different some of the Bronco fan posters on here who only decided to log on immediately after the Orton interception.

Okay, carry on with Thumbalina