PDA

View Full Version : Denver playoff game set

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2012, 10:40 PM
The NFL has announced that the Denver Broncos will host an AFC divisional playoff game Saturday, Jan 12 at 4:30 p.m. ET.

The No. 1-seeded Broncos will face the lowest seed of these three teams -- Baltimore (No. 4 seed), Indianapolis (No. 5) or Cincinnati (No. 6).

The AFC title game will be held Sunday, Jan. 20 at 6:30 p.m. ET. Denver will host that game if it wins in the divisional round.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53167/denver-playoff-game-set

CrazyHorse
12-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Indianapolis is definitely the most intriguing. Manning against the team that let him go.

SR
12-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm gonna buy some good beer for that game

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
The media is going to go absolutely nuts if we play the Colts.

SR
12-30-2012, 10:55 PM
The media is going to go absolutely nuts if we play the Colts.

I don't think we will. It'll be Baltimore IMO

pnbronco
12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
The NFL has announced that the Denver Broncos will host an AFC divisional playoff game Saturday, Jan 12 at 4:30 p.m. ET.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53167/denver-playoff-game-set

Woooo Hoooo I'm working that whole weekend and I'll actually get to see most of the game. Nothing sucks more to work on a slow Sunday and miss the game too.

chazoe60
12-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm going to try to get tickets. The wife will be on ticketmaster promptly at 12 tomorrow when they go on sale.

Dapper Dan
12-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I work a double that day. 3 pm to 7am. Good thing it's a Saturday and I work at a boys camp. Those fools better know that game's gonna be on.

I think dinner is at 4, so they'll have to hurry up and eat and get back to the cottage.

BeefStew25
12-31-2012, 12:33 AM
Tubby and I and maybe Rex will be there.

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Indianapolis is definitely the most intriguing. Manning against the team that let him go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nu3CLQm-SI

Chef Zambini
12-31-2012, 02:03 AM
with the theme of revenge, vindication and victory, it would be sweet to beet the colts, then the pats and finally the falcons. but I have a hard time believing the falcons will represent the NFC.
Ya know, I think our biggest loss EVER in the SB was to those damn 49ers in the big easy. it sure would be nice to turn the table on that previous loss! that would be sweet revenge, vindication and a victory for JFE !

HORSEPOWER 56
12-31-2012, 09:07 AM
with the theme of revenge, vindication and victory, it would be sweet to beet the colts, then the pats and finally the falcons. but I have a hard time believing the falcons will represent the NFC.
Ya know, I think our biggest loss EVER in the SB was to those damn 49ers in the big easy. it sure would be nice to turn the table on that previous loss! that would be sweet revenge, vindication and a victory for JFE !

If we get to the Superbowl, I think it would be great to play Shanny's Redskins. That would be a great game. I don't think the 'skins are gonna get by Seattle next week, though.

tubby
01-01-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm going to try to get tickets. The wife will be on ticketmaster promptly at 12 tomorrow when they go on sale.
Any luck? I got skunked

Magnificent Seven
01-01-2013, 01:42 AM
I think Indianapolis will upset the Baltimore Ravens.

Colts vs. Broncos for divisional round!

MOtorboat
01-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Announcing teams for this week:

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/january/your-nfl-wild-card-announcing-schedule.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Saturday, January 5

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans [NBC 4:30PM] Dan Hicks, Mike Mayock & Alex Flanagan

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers [NBC 8PM] Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth & Michele Tafoya

Sunday, January 6

Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens [CBS 1PM] Jim Nantz, Phil Simms

Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins [FOX 4:30PM] Joe Buck, Troy Aikman Pam Oliver, & Erin Andrews

I hope you guys like Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf, because, by my math that's how it's lining up for Denver next week.

nyuk nyuk
01-01-2013, 01:51 PM
People can get on me all they like, but I still consider the Divisional a gimme game. We are going to slaughter whoever it is - probably Indy. Manning is going to stick it to the Irsay family and innocent Colts fans are going to suffer collateral damage.

MasterShake
01-01-2013, 03:11 PM
It's gonna be fun to sit back and watch how things shake out this weekend. Still can't believe there is such a good chance the AFC Championship game will be in Denver.

SR
01-01-2013, 03:48 PM
People can get on me all they like, but I still consider the Divisional a gimme game. We are going to slaughter whoever it is - probably Indy. Manning is going to stick it to the Irsay family and innocent Colts fans are going to suffer collateral damage.

Where do you get "probably Indy" from??? Baltimore is the more likely scenario.

Canmore
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Where do you get "probably Indy" from??? Baltimore is the more likely scenario.

Yes probably Baltimore, but the Texans are in free fall mode right now. Unless they right the ship and in a hurry, they are going to get beat on Wild Card Weekend.

SR
01-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes probably Baltimore, but the Texans are in free fall mode right now. Unless they right the ship and in a hurry, they are going to get beat on Wild Card Weekend.

This is also true. Cinci is pretty inconsistent themselves so it really is a toss up. But I really don't see Indy beating a seasoned playoff team like Baltimore IN Baltimore.

nyuk nyuk
01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Why probably Baltimore? Although, obviously, we've already slaughtered them.

SR
01-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Why probably Baltimore? Although, obviously, we've already slaughtered them.

Because Baltimore is a better team than Indy, they're playoff vets most of em, and it's in Baltimore. You ask this like no one else believes Baltimore is favored.

Canmore
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Because Baltimore is a better team than Indy, they're playoff vets most of em, and it's in Baltimore. You ask this like no one else believes Baltimore is favored.

Maybe he thinks the Texans are done...

SR
01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Maybe he thinks the Texans are done...

I don't think Cinci will win, although I am hoping
Cinci wins and Baltimore wins. I would like a Baltimore @ New England division round

Canmore
01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I don't think Cinci will win, although I am hoping
Cinci wins and Baltimore wins. I would like a Baltimore @ New England division round

No I don't think the Bengals are likely to upset the Texans. Still, with nothing to play for Luck and the Colts did the trick. It should be interesting. I would love for the upset though.

Gamechanger
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
while I do believe Baltimore may be the victor in this matchup, I do not believe it will be as much as a blowout as people are projecting
yes, they are a veteran team that has playoff experience, but believe it or not, we still have guys that have just as much experience, if not more
in a sense, at least on paper, this is probably the most even match up we'll see this weekend in the AFC matchups

shank
01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
me and my brother will be there

Joel
01-01-2013, 06:09 PM
1830?! Why on Earth did they schedule the AFCCG that late when there are only two games that weekend anyway? If it needs to be said, I have to work the "following" Monday, which is to say, I need to leave about three hours after that game will end. Thanks a lot, NFL; it's not bad enough you won't let me watch ANY games here without paying, but you have to air all the most important ones in the middle of the night. I expect that during the Super Bowl, but doing it in the Conference Championships, too, is piling on a bit. :mad:

Little suggestion: If the League is actually serious about opening up a European market so they can gobble up revenue from half a billion people with a combined GDP of $16 trillion, maybe they should try scheduling some games worth seeing some time when more than five of those half billion people are AWAKE. Watching one or two games a year between jet-lagged teams, or setting up a "pro" league where all the good players are NFL rejects from America who only stick around until they get an offer to be a backup up on a REAL team, won't do it.

I know a number of people who've expressed genuine interest and curiosity in seeing NFL games, learning how they're played, seeing what all the fuss is about and whether it's justified. They just don't want to stay up until 5 or 6AM on Monday morning to do it, and I can't say I blame them. For one thing, it's almost as legally impractical as it is otherwise: Few sports bars are open that late, and few people want cough up extra money for a cable channel to watch a game they've never seen, so they're reduced to crappy illegal online streams or nothing.

I'd rant further about this, but must get up for work in <6 hours, so Happy New Year and Go, Broncos. Oh, and expect Cheatriots@Broncos in the AFCCG as long as we do our job and don't look too far ahead.

SR
01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
The NFL is an American organization and one of the most profitable companies in the world. I'm sure they're worried about catering to Europe.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2013, 06:55 PM
The NFL is an American organization and one of the most profitable companies in the world. I'm sure they're worried about catering to Europe.

I find that interesting since the NFL is technically a non-profit organization.

SR
01-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I find that interesting since the NFL is technically a non-profit organization.

Meh...their 2010 revenue was $9 billion

Canmore
01-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Goodell sure is.

SR
01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Goodell sure is.

Not so much in the way of scheduling stateside games to coincide with European time zones.

Joel
01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah, they started WLAF to cater to their existing US fanbase. Same reason they make two teams fly 8 hours to play each other in London in the middle of the season every year, and want to do it twice. The NFL is an American organization and one of the most profitable companies in the world, but knows it would be far more profitable as a global organization. Same reason they're lusting after the Mexican market. There are already a lot of Mexican football fans and expansion would make more sense there; Brazil is in a similar situation. However, they can't deliver an audience of half a billion people with a $16 trillion GDP, larger than even Americas, so yes, the NFL wants those euros. They just don't seem to have a clue how to GET them.

Not so much in the way of scheduling stateside games to coincide with European time zones.
They could put the NF/AFCCGs at noon Saturday and Sunday and they would air at the same time here as the Sunday/Monday night games do there. Even if they played them at the same times as the late and early Sunday games it would be done a little after midnight. They'd still have their entire US audience; "prime time" isn't a very relevant concept on weekends, but "holy :censored: it's 5AM!" is quite relevant Monday morning.

Dapper Dan
01-01-2013, 11:55 PM
"Denver's playoff game set"

Then we're talking about Roger Goodell and how much the NFL makes.

This is why I laugh when someone raises a stink about someone getting off topic the least bit. What thread ever stays on topic?

TXBRONC
01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
1830?! Why on Earth did they schedule the AFCCG that late when there are only two games that weekend anyway? If it needs to be said, I have to work the "following" Monday, which is to say, I need to leave about three hours after that game will end. Thanks a lot, NFL; it's not bad enough you won't let me watch ANY games here without paying, but you have to air all the most important ones in the middle of the night. I expect that during the Super Bowl, but doing it in the Conference Championships, too, is piling on a bit. :mad:

Little suggestion: If the League is actually serious about opening up a European market so they can gobble up revenue from half a billion people with a combined GDP of $16 trillion, maybe they should try scheduling some games worth seeing some time when more than five of those half billion people are AWAKE. Watching one or two games a year between jet-lagged teams, or setting up a "pro" league where all the good players are NFL rejects from America who only stick around until they get an offer to be a backup up on a REAL team, won't do it.

I know a number of people who've expressed genuine interest and curiosity in seeing NFL games, learning how they're played, seeing what all the fuss is about and whether it's justified. They just don't want to stay up until 5 or 6AM on Monday morning to do it, and I can't say I blame them. For one thing, it's almost as legally impractical as it is otherwise: Few sports bars are open that late, and few people want cough up extra money for a cable channel to watch a game they've never seen, so they're reduced to crappy illegal online streams or nothing.

I'd rant further about this, but must get up for work in <6 hours, so Happy New Year and Go, Broncos. Oh, and expect Cheatriots@Broncos in the AFCCG as long as we do our job and don't look too far ahead.

So 6:30 pm is to late in the afternoon to start watching a game? That's getting into prime time viewing so I would guess that might be one of the reasons game is scheduled for that time. The networks Fox, CBS, ESPN, and NFLN control the time schedule as to what time they will broadcast the games.

MOtorboat
01-02-2013, 07:48 AM
So 6:30 pm is to late in the afternoon to start watching a game? That's getting into prime time viewing so I would guess that might be one of the reasons game is scheduled for that time. The networks Fox, CBS, ESPN, and NFLN control the time schedule as to what time they will broadcast the games.

I think Joel lives in Europe, so the game starts at 12:30 a.m.

chazoe60
01-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Ticketmaster sux. Wife was on right at noon and the site said the event did not exist. Kept trying for twenty minutes and the site kept bogging down or just showing "event does not exist" message. She was trying on the phone at the same time, couldn't get through.

shank
01-02-2013, 08:16 AM
ticketmaster does suck.

i bent over and went on stubhub.

chazoe60
01-02-2013, 08:45 AM
ticketmaster does suck.

i bent over and went on stubhub.
I'll give it one more try when AFCCG tix go on sale. ;)

BroncoNut
01-02-2013, 08:58 AM
good luck to all or you seeking tickets!!!

SR
01-02-2013, 09:53 AM

He's in Europe. The game doesn't come on until the early morning for him.

TXBRONC
01-02-2013, 09:59 AM

He's in Europe. The game doesn't come on until the early morning for him.

Up until the other day his location said he was in Houston.

Nevertheless I don't think NFL is still subject to scheduling of the networks.

weazel
01-02-2013, 10:56 AM
we will be playing Cincinnati.

SR
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
we will be playing Cincinnati.

Hopefully

shank
01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
I'll give it one more try when AFCCG tix go on sale. ;)

if you get face value tickets, you buy me one. not kidding.

Nomad
01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm gonna buy some good beer for that game

What is your good beer? Tried the Avery's it was good, but I had a bottle of Midnight Sun Sockeye which was better.

Just saying......Jaguars was supposed to be a gimme game and as a shocker BRONCOS got beat.

Is there a perfect time the games are supposed to be played?

SR
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
What is your good beer? Tried the Avery's it was good, but I had a bottle of Midnight Sun Sockeye which was better.

Just saying......Jaguars was supposed to be a gimme game and as a shocker BRONCOS got beat.

I dunno....maybe some Rogue Yellow Snow or some Maui Brewing Co cocoanut stout

pnbronco
01-02-2013, 01:21 PM

I was at that game. My stomach hurt from the time we got there because no believed that they could get beat and guess what the game was in New Orleans that year too. Also we were not suppose to beat the Pats in 2005 and Pitts was suppose to beat us last year. Remember when the Sea Hawks beat the Saints....not suppose to happen.

Haven't the last couple of year SB winners come from a lower seed? No such thing as a gimme game. So I will be cheering my head off and hope Fox & the vets keep the kids in line and remind them it's another game that they can loose if they don't play their best game.

BroncoWave
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Hopefully

I'd say it's a decent chance. Houston is free falling and the Bengals are pretty hot right now. I'd love to play Cincy as well though. Bailey can at least slow down AJ and they can't beat us with anyone else.

NightTerror218
01-02-2013, 03:30 PM
who are we going to get Colts, ravens or Cincy?

I am going with colts.

SR
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
who are we going to get Colts, ravens or Cincy?

I am going with colts.

I think it'll probably be Baltimore but I'm hoping for a Baltimore win and a Cinci win so we'd get Cinci.

Joel
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Yup, and, as previously noted "prime time" doesn't matter much on weekends. What matters is having to get up for work 5 hours after the AFFCG STARTS. There's no reason it could not be broadcast earlier at the same time Saturday or earlier on Sunday. I can understand it in the Wildcard and Divisional rounds, because obviously they want each game to be seen by EVERYONE (at least in the US,) and there are only so many hours in the day, so they either do two games each day of the weekend or use more than one weekend; no brainer.

In the Conference Championships it makes no sense though, and in the Super Bowl... I remember watching SB XLVI (the only NFL game shown on network TV here.) ONE sports bar DID show it, and after the game the network interviewed a lifelong Bears fan from the US, asking him how he felt and how he would celebrate. His response was something to the effect of "well, it's 4AM and I have to go to work in 3 hours, so I'll go home, shower and celebrate this weekend." Hopefully (if that word applies) I will soon know just how he felt.

Up until the other day his location said he was in Houston.
Did it? I do not think I have changed it since joining, but that would be an odd thing for it to say since I have not been a Houston resident since I was 12. Maybe I changed it temporarily when visiting on the holidays, but I sure don't remember doing so. Anyway, yeah; most of my in-person football discussion now consists of trying to explain to ACTUAL Vikings who Adrian Peterson and Knute Rockne are, because almost none of them have heard of either.

Nevertheless I don't think NFL is still subject to scheduling of the networks.[/QUOTE]

NightTerror218
01-02-2013, 05:36 PM
I dunno....maybe some Rogue Yellow Snow or some Maui Brewing Co cocoanut stout

I think Colts and Houston win. then we get Colts and Houston can pound on NE a bit.

SR
01-02-2013, 05:53 PM
I think Colts and Houston win. then we get Colts and Houston can pound on NE a bit.

If Houston can't beat New England in New England in their early to mid season form, they certainly can't beat them now.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Local FOX just showed the extended forecast, and if things stay the way they are looking now, it will be snowing, and only 36 degrees on January 12th. Hope that changes.

Nomad
01-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I have nothing against a good cold, snow game.

SR
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Local FOX just showed the extended forecast, and if things stay the way they are looking now, it will be snowing, and only 36 degrees on January 12th. Hope that changes.

How reliable is the extended forecasting in Denver? It's usually not accurate more than 24 hours out here.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2013, 08:21 PM
How reliable is the extended forecasting in Denver? It's usually not accurate more than 24 hours out here.

Most of the time, they are fairly accurate now. But the guy did say that is what will happen if the pattern stays the way it is showing now - snow coming in Friday night, continuing Saturday.

SR
01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Most of the time, they are fairly accurate now. But the guy did say that is what will happen if the pattern stays the way it is showing now - snow coming in Friday night, continuing Saturday.

Peyton has an impeccable record in bad weather. I'm not worried about it. Obviously a fair weather game is favorable but if Peyton can run no huddle at altitude in snowy weather, advantage broncos

DenBronx
01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Tix are $160 and up for nose bleeds on stubhub. Not bad...

Dzone
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
But if the Bengals win, they come here no matter what, is that right? Colts would go to Houston.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
But if the Bengals win, they come here no matter what, is that right? Colts would go to Houston.

If the Bengals win, they come here, as the Broncos will play the lowest seed. If the Bengals win, Houston is out. If the Colts win, they would go to NE, again, if the Bengals beat Houston.

hotcarl
01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I work a double that day. 3 pm to 7am. Good thing it's a Saturday and I work at a boys camp. Those fools better know that game's gonna be on.

I think dinner is at 4, so they'll have to hurry up and eat and get back to the cottage.

what the hell are you talking about? / who cares?

BroncoWave
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I think the ideal scenario for Denver would be if Cincy and Baltimore win. Cincy is probably the easiest first round matchup for us and Baltimore could be tough for NE, as they beat them earlier in the season.

TXBRONC
01-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Yup, and, as previously noted "prime time" doesn't matter much on weekends. What matters is having to get up for work 5 hours after the AFFCG STARTS. There's no reason it could not be broadcast earlier at the same time Saturday or earlier on Sunday. I can understand it in the Wildcard and Divisional rounds, because obviously they want each game to be seen by EVERYONE (at least in the US,) and there are only so many hours in the day, so they either do two games each day of the weekend or use more than one weekend; no brainer.

In the Conference Championships it makes no sense though, and in the Super Bowl... I remember watching SB XLVI (the only NFL game shown on network TV here.) ONE sports bar DID show it, and after the game the network interviewed a lifelong Bears fan from the US, asking him how he felt and how he would celebrate. His response was something to the effect of "well, it's 4AM and I have to go to work in 3 hours, so I'll go home, shower and celebrate this weekend." Hopefully (if that word applies) I will soon know just how he felt.

Did it? I do not think I have changed it since joining, but that would be an odd thing for it to say since I have not been a Houston resident since I was 12. Maybe I changed it temporarily when visiting on the holidays, but I sure don't remember doing so. Anyway, yeah; most of my in-person football discussion now consists of trying to explain to ACTUAL Vikings who Adrian Peterson and Knute Rockne are, because almost none of them have heard of either.

Nevertheless I don't think NFL is still subject to scheduling of the networks.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes they are Joel.

Nomad
01-05-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm glad the BRONCOS get an early game next Saturday. It's only 1805 and it feels like 2100.