PDA

View Full Version : Mark Kiszla: Road to Super Bowl runs through Peyton Manning's house

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
The road to the Super Bowl runs through Peyton Manning's house.

Chew on that, Tom Brady. With their 38-3 victory against Kansas City on Sunday, the Broncos secured the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage from here to New Orleans, site of Super Bowl XLVII. During the NFL playoffs, does Andrew Luck really want to show his face in Denver wearing an Indianapolis jersey?

"I truly feel like there is a 12th-man advantage here," Manning said Sunday. "And that's what you want."

Welcome home, Peyton. Stay as long as you like.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22285542/mark-kiszla-road-super-bowl-peyton-manning-denver

SR
12-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Unreal. Someone pinch me. Not too hard though. And not on the underside of the upper arm.

Army Bronco
12-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Unreal. Someone pinch me. Not too hard though. And not on the underside of the upper arm. hahaha too funny brother.

BroncoDiva87
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Aww darn! That's the best place though! :cool:

Northman
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Yea, Peyton hasnt fared all that well against the Pats but being at home will help methinks.

Frapster
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Yea, Peyton hasnt fared all that well against the Pats but being at home will help methinks.

After losing his first six meetings with Brady Peyton has gone four and two against him. Brady leads 2 to 1 in playoff meetings and they are tied 1-1 in AFC championships. Add the 2012 season and the only difference is four and three during regular season meetings and it seems reasonable to me that those early season losses were with a Bronco team that was trying to mesh with a new QB. Add to that the momentum of confidence and excellence I see in the Broncos and I have no doubt the Broncos can play and beat any team in the playoffs.

SR
01-01-2013, 03:47 PM
After losing his first six meetings with Brady Peyton has gone four and two against him. Brady leads 2 to 1 in playoff meetings and they are tied 1-1 in AFC championships. Add the 2012 season and the only difference is four and three during regular season meetings and it seems reasonable to me that those early season losses were with a Bronco team that was trying to mesh with a new QB. Add to that the momentum of confidence and excellence I see in the Broncos and I have no doubt the Broncos can play and beat any team in the playoffs.

I don't think that Denver would have fared all that well against NE in that game regardless of what point in the year it was. NE brought out a new offense that they had never used before then. They sped up their no-huddle to the point that the Broncos defense couldn't do anything to get ready for the next play. I don't remember the exact stat, but they snapped the ball on average every 23ish seconds in that game. To that point it was unheard of.