PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on the number one seed!

Poet
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Glad that you guys got it. I love being a part of these forums, I like your team, I love Peyton Manning and mostly I'm glad that you have "healed" from the past several years of irritation. Best of luck and congrats on a season that I know you're treasuring.

SR
12-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks buddy. And congrats to the bungholes on the six seed and a game at Houston.

FanInAZ
12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks King! Whit Huston unraveling like they are, we'll be seeing your Bengals in the 2nd round.

Thnikkaman
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
I love lamp!!!

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
We're still not getting respect on NFLN or ESPN. They showed the highlights of the Broncos game and they didnt even say anything about those one handed catches by Decker and Thomas....then the NE highlights came on and Dieon immediately said, "here comes the man."

Whatever...I dont care....they will wake up soon.

SR
12-30-2012, 10:14 PM
We're still not getting respect on NFLN or ESPN. They showed the highlights of the Broncos game and they didnt even say anything about those one handed catches by Decker and Thomas....then the NE highlights came on and Dieon immediately said, "here comes the man."

They got plenty of love by Dungy on NBC

HORSEPOWER 56
12-30-2012, 10:18 PM

Tony knows where his bread is buttered (and why he has a ring). He's a Peyton homer and ain't afraid to admit it. Much like how Tom Jackson always picks Denver to win. They know what's up!

pnbronco
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks King......:grouphug:

I'm still in shock in a good way. I just remember going to camp thinking this could be special in a year or 2. I had no idea the team would win that many games in a row and get the # 1 spot. It's like a great dream and I can't stop smiling. So very proud of everyone on the team, all their hard work and I'm so looking forward to the playoffs.

Come on King take out Houston.....:D.

chazoe60
12-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks King, hope to see you in the divisional round.

Skinny
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
A big bacon...

http://jacklynn.com/uploads/2012/07/Portfolio_ThankYouCard_closeup-620x350.jpg

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 10:28 PM

I missed it....what did he say?

SR
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I missed it....what did he say?

Showed lots of love to decker and Thomas for their one handed catches

Army Bronco
12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanka king and congrats on the Bengals getting in. You are the classiest outside team poster as ive said before.

CrazyHorse
12-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I hope your Bengals win and send the Ravens to Foxboro.

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 12:16 AM

Who cares. They did it in the 90s - they ignored us until we shoved the Lombardi up their butts.

FanInAZ
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
I hope your Bengals win and send the Ravens to Foxboro.

They'll send the Colts to Foxboro

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Oh and btw ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpLOJkyjXps

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 12:20 AM
They'll send the Colts to Foxboro

If that's the case, the Colts could well pull it off.

CrazyHorse
12-31-2012, 12:28 AM
If that's the case, the Colts could well pull it off.

That could be the case. I think the Ravens have a better shot at knocking off the Patriots than the Colts do. The Ravens beat them during the regular season while the Colts got destroyed.

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 12:33 AM
That could be the case. I think the Ravens have a better shot at knocking off the Patriots than the Colts do. The Ravens beat them during the regular season while the Colts got destroyed.

The Patriots have been shaky lately, and I don't think a home win against Miami was particularly convincing.

CrazyHorse
12-31-2012, 12:56 AM
The Patriots have been shaky lately, and I don't think a home win against Miami was particularly convincing.

Good point. I just don't trust a rookie QB. Andrew Luck has been pretty turnover prone.

dogfish
12-31-2012, 01:06 AM
thanks, kingsley. . .

congrats on drawing the reeling texans. . .

Poet
12-31-2012, 01:08 AM
thanks, kingsley. . .

congrats on drawing the reeling texans. . .

I was terrified of ending up playing you or the Patriots.

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 01:12 AM
Good point. I just don't trust a rookie QB. Andrew Luck has been pretty turnover prone.

Luck is a rookie, though I was also referring to Kaepernick. The guy is a backup in only his 2nd year, and SF has shown weaknesses. Their big money QB is bench-surfing. Same with Washington, another rookie.

Regular season is one thing, but the playoffs, even the Super Bowl? No, I don't think these newbies would hold well to that pressure.

dogfish
12-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I was terrified of ending up playing you or the Patriots.

yea, now you gotta win a game first. . . see ya in two weeks if you can get there. . . :D

Poet
12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
yea, now you gotta win a game first. . . see ya in two weeks if you can get there. . . :D

It's far from guaranteed. The Bengals are short a lot of the talent that the Texans have. Then again, we're healthier. Who knows?

Let's hope that we see you soon.

zbeg
12-31-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't think it's a lack of respect - it's that Denver's boring. Everyone expects the Broncos to beat the crap out of everyone, so it's not a big deal when they do. There's not much to say that hasn't already been said. A yawner over the Browns? Oh look, Manning was awesome, I am so surprised.

When it comes to MVP discussion, Manning and AP are all they talk about.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket in Seattle and it's rare when the Broncos are not the game on local TV. I've barely had to use my Sunday Ticket subscription to watch the Broncos. BTW there's already an NFL team here selling out their games, but the Broncos are on almost every week.

The Broncos on a week-to-week basis? What are they going to say that's new? Yeah, the Broncos beat the crap out of someone else. Yawn. But when they talk about who the best team is or who they think is bet set up for the Super Bowl? You hear the same answers over and over again: Denver and New England, and I'm giving the advantage to Denver because of home field. Everyone wants and expects Broncos/Patriots in the AFCCG. There's a ton of respect.

I have a friend who used to time the amount of time they talked about his team on NFL Primetime, then compare it to the other teams and complain about how little respect his team got. That sounds...awful. If you're going to go and look for reasons to get mad for being disrespected, it doesn't matter which team you're a fan of. You're going to find reasons to get mad. That seems like a crappy way to live.

This is a season for the ages and will be plenty said about the Broncos when the divisional game comes around, and if it's Patriots/Broncos, it's going to be mono-Broncos for a week. I don't care if the NFC championship game is between Batman and Ghandi. Manning/Brady is all you will hear about, and there's going to be a ton said about Manning and Miller and the receivers and McGahee's impact when he returns and a lot of Bronco things. And it will be awesome.

We're having one of the best seasons in franchise history. Why not just relax and enjoy it rather than nitpicking and sifting through the media reports and going "I can't believe he talked about the Broncos for only 14.2 seconds but they talked about the Patriots for 17.8! OOH I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW."

WTE
12-31-2012, 07:55 AM

It was a home shutout win w/out their two starting CB's w/ 7 sacks on Tannenbaum. Belichick played a lot of back-ups against JAX, Gronk is now back on the field and Aquib Talib should be fine in a couple weeks.

Belichick has this team right where he wants them, there's no question about that.

CoachChaz
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
It was a home shutout win w/out their two starting CB's w/ 7 sacks on Tannenbaum. Belichick played a lot of back-ups against JAX, Gronk is now back on the field and Aquib Talib should be fine in a couple weeks.

Belichick has this team right where he wants them, there's no question about that.

Interesting. I seem to recall seeing most of the regular starters look like crap against JAX. The NE offense is going to be the NE offense...but they better put up 40 because that defense is hurting

TXBRONC
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Glad that you guys got it. I love being a part of these forums, I like your team, I love Peyton Manning and mostly I'm glad that you have "healed" from the past several years of irritation. Best of luck and congrats on a season that I know you're treasuring.

Thanks King.

And congratulations to the Bengals for making it back to back to the playoffs and for beating both Steelers and Ravens in back to back weeks.

zbeg
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks King.

And congratulations to the Bengals for making it back to back to the playoffs and for beating both Steelers and Ravens in back to back weeks.

Winning 7 of their last 8, even. Nice run at the end to make the postseason.

WTE
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Interesting. I seem to recall seeing most of the regular starters look like crap against JAX. The NE offense is going to be the NE offense...but they better put up 40 because that defense is hurting

Plenty of back-ups saw plenty of snaps against JAX and regulars like Spikes, Dennard & Talib did not play at all or hardly played.

NE was coming off an emotional game against SF w/ a short week. NE won their following game, SF did not.

I would hardly call a defense that just shut out their opponent as "hurting." Miami was playing for a .500 record rather than a losing record, KC on the other hand was playing for the # 1 pick. Huge difference.

TXBRONC
12-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Plenty of back-ups saw plenty of snaps against JAX and regulars like Spikes, Dennard & Talib did not play at all or hardly played.

NE was coming off an emotional game against SF w/ a short week. NE won their following game, SF did not.

I would hardly call a defense that just shut out their opponent as "hurting." Miami was playing for a .500 record rather than a losing record, KC on the other hand was playing for the # 1 pick. Huge difference.

I kept an eye the Patriots both last week and this week and you're not honest. I know who your starters are and they were out there for the entire game against Jaguars and for most of the game against the Dolphins.

So the hell what the Chiefs had worse record than the Dolphins. The Patriots were at home and were expected to beat them. So take troll smack back to the correct forum ok?

CoachChaz
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM

Whatever makes you sleep better. Your healthy starters played damn near ALL of the Jax game and I dont care who you are...no one should ever give up 400+ yards to Chad Henne, Montell Owens and Jordan Shipley.

WTE
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
I kept an eye the Patriots both last week and this week and you're not honest. I know who your starters are and they were out there for the entire game against Jaguars and for most of the game against the Dolphins.

So the hell what the Chiefs had worse record than the Dolphins. The Patriots were at home and were expected to beat them. So take troll smack back to the correct forum ok?

Really, who have been the Patriots regular starting CB's? Who have been their regular safeties? Who was playing those positions against JAX and MIA? certainly not the majority of regulars.

How many snaps did guys like Marquice Cole, Justin Francis, Tracy White, Tavon Wilson, Trevor Scott & Derrick Martin have? The answer is quite a bit.

And I would hardly call what I'm saying as smack. It's a football discussion.

TXBRONC
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Whatever makes you sleep better. Your healthy starters played damn near ALL of the Jax game and I dont care who you are...no one should ever give up 400+ yards to Chad Henne, Montell Owens and Jordan Shipley.

Their starters did play the entire game against the Jaguars. It was starter that made the pick in the end zone that ended the game.

CoachChaz
12-31-2012, 10:43 AM
As my original post said...MOST of the starters played. I know guys like Mayo, etc were out. But still...has Jax put up 400 yards against ANY other team this year?

TXBRONC
12-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Really, who have been the Patriots regular starting CB's? Who have been their regular safeties? Who was playing those positions against JAX and MIA? certainly not the majority of regulars.

How many snaps did guys like Marquice Cole, Justin Francis, Tracy White, Tavon Wilson, Trevor Scott & Derrick Martin have? The answer is quite a bit.

And I would hardly call what I'm saying as smack. It's a football discussion.

No it's smack and it's off topic Troll.

Dzone
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Road to super bowl goes thru here-2023

WTE
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
As my original post said...MOST of the starters played. I know guys like Mayo, etc were out. But still...has Jax put up 400 yards against ANY other team this year?

Chad Henne has shredded NE's defense several times. I fully expected that to happen again. He's knows the Patriots well.

The Patriots were flat against JAX. They weren't into it and they weren't motivated yet still won. But to say their defense is hurting is a big, big stretch, especially when they just shut out their opponent. The only team to get a shutout in two weeks.

zbeg
12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
It'll be interesting to see how the altitude affects the Patriots (assuming both teams get that far). I assume they can't run the super no-huddle insane lighting fast offense they're used to running, and I wonder how much their defense is affected by Manning running the no-huddle. Denver fell behind due to horrid safety play against Houston, so Houston got to play their game by slowing it down and running the ball and the Broncos never caught up.

Assuming that doesn't happen, I'm really curious to see how up-tempo the Patriots can play at altitude.

CoachChaz
12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Chad Henne has shredded NE's defense several times. I fully expected that to happen again. He's knows the Patriots well.

The Patriots were flat against JAX. They weren't into it and they weren't motivated yet still won. But to say their defense is hurting is a big, big stretch, especially when they just shut out their opponent. The only team to get a shutout in two weeks.

Well...I hope NE feels as confident about their #25 defense as you do. It will make things much more interesting.

TXBRONC
12-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Road to super bowl goes thru here-2023

Sure does. :nod:

WTE
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Well...I hope NE feels as confident about their #25 defense as you do. It will make things much more interesting.

# 25 in terms of ypg which is one of the most bogus stats in all of sports.

They're # 9 in terms of ppg which is far more telling, so yes, I'm sure the 12-4 Patriots are quite confident in their # 9 ranked defense.

TXBRONC
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
# 25 in terms of ypg which is one of the most bogus stats in all of sports.

They're # 9 in terms of ppg which is far more telling, so yes, I'm sure the 12-4 Patriots are quite confident in their # 9 ranked defense.

Yep that's the only thing you can cling too. Denver is fourth in ppg Troll. Even with the Pasties shutout they still give up 21 ppg Denver gives up only 18 ppg.

weazel
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM

BTW, Bengals beat the Texans.

WTE
12-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Yep that's the only thing you can cling too. Denver is fourth in ppg Troll. Even with the Pasties shutout they still give up 21 ppg Denver gives up only 18 ppg.

NE gives up 20.7. I don't believe in rounding up like you.

Denver gives up 18.1 (I don't believe in rounding down like you)

Denver plays in the weakest division by far with the worst offenses in the league. There's no debating that.

And I can cling to a lot more than ppg. How about NE's tremendous turnover differential.

BroncoWave
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM

Denver plays in the weakest division by far with the worst offenses in the league. There's no debating that.

And I can cling to a lot more than ppg. How about NE's tremendous turnover differential.

Yeah, because the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets are real powerhouses! :lol:

WTE
12-31-2012, 11:59 AM

They suck too. Just not as bad as the AFCW. If NE was in your division they would probably avg. 18.1 a game on defense as well. Not a great accomplishment.

Thnikkaman
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
The Patriots got beat by the Cardinals and had the Jets take them to OT.

/discussion.

CoachChaz
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
They suck too. Just not as bad as the AFCW. If NE was in your division they would probably avg. 18.1 a game on defense as well. Not a great accomplishment.

Collectively, your opponents score 1 more point per game than our division opponents. So by that theory, you can only subtract 1 point from your current average. Then again...our opponents might average more if they played the NE defense

CrazyHorse
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM

Romeo Crennel was likely coaching for his job. It's not like the Chiefs just lied down and gave away the game.

NightTerror218
12-31-2012, 03:46 PM

Ravens say hello.

WTE
12-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Romeo Crennel was likely coaching for his job. It's not like the Chiefs just lied down and gave away the game.

Romeo was done regardless. Everyone knew that. You don't keep your job going 3-13.

TXBRONC
01-01-2013, 06:44 PM

This a pathetic argument, "Our division stinks but your division stinks worse."

Canmore
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM

Everyone quakes in their boots facing the Fish, Bills and Jets.