PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Niners Superbowl?

BronColt
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Just a wild guess, what do you think?

Northman
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Niners haven't been that impressive lately. Like the Texans I think they have a slip up.

MOtorboat
12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
I unjinx your jinx.

jhildebrand
12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
As long as we win 55+ to 10 I will be happy with that :D

CrazyHorse
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I think Falcons or Packers. Seahawks wouldn't surprise me either.

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
If we play the 49ers in the SB , I hope we drop 60 points on them in a shutout! Would be sweet sweet revenge!

ShaneFalco
12-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Broncos Vikings or Cowboys

FanInAZ
12-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Broncos Vikings or Cowboys

I think Vikings & Cowboys (or Redskins) are the least likely to reach the SB on the NFC side.

CoachChaz
12-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Look at it this way...are Wilson, RG III, Kaepernick, Romo or Ponder what anyone would consider a Super Bowl QB?

CrazyHorse
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Look at it this way...are Wilson, RG III, Kaepernick, Romo or Ponder what anyone would consider a Super Bowl QB?

Not exactly...
Romo is too inconsistent. Wilson, RG3, and Kaepernick are all good but too inexperienced. Ponder is pretty mediocre.

NightTerror218
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Packers, only real clutch QB in NFC playoffs

ShaneFalco
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Shanny Vs Broncos

FanInAZ
12-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Shanny Vs Broncos

Skins will lose to the Hawks; Pack will be the only division winner to beat their wildcard opponent in the 1st round!

nyuk nyuk
12-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Nope. Backup QB in only his 2nd year, I think they're hot, but not that hot.

zbeg
12-31-2012, 06:37 AM
Nope. Backup QB in only his 2nd year, I think they're hot, but not that hot.

They have a good pass rush and they throw the ball well. That's a really really good formula for success in the playoffs.

I was listening to a podcast with a professional gambler (as in if he screws up his bets, he doesn't eat) and they've done a ton of analysis and the thing that correlates to success more than anything else in the playoffs is having a good pass rush, specifically sacks/pass play. If you can do that, you will succeed way more often than not.

The 49ers don't really have a lot of weaknesses. I know they haven't looked great recently, but they're still extremely good and I don't know if I trust the Seahawks to win three road games - they're 8-0* at home but are only 3-5. Their losses came to the Lions, Cardinals, Rams, Dolphins, and 49ers. They barely won in Carolina and they had to have the refs give them the game in Chicago to win that game in OT.** Their only good win was in Buffalo, where they did put up 50 on Buffalo. In related news, I won a boxing match with a baby.

So while the Seahawks have had a good pass rush, it's been suspect to some extent because it gets much worse on the road.

The Falcons are a fraud and are very lucky to be the #1 seed. I could see the Packers getting out of the NFC and maaaybe the Redskins if they get lucky. Christian Ponder winning three road games in the playoffs isn't going to happen.

49ers or Packers really looks like the most likely case IMO. I'd rather face the Packers because I think they have more problems on defense and Manning can exploit them. That and I'd love to see the Packers fans get upset yet again - they're still bitter about SB XXXII. Tasting their sweet, delicious, candy-like tears once again would be pretty awesome.

*well, really 7-1 but the refs gave them that game against Green Bay on the Fail Mary play.
** http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-27/sports/ct-spt-1228-haugh-bears-chicago--20121228_1_tillman-and-jennings-seahawks-tim-jennings

Chef Zambini
12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
the vengeance, vindication, victory tour.
How sweet to return to the big easy and defeat the 49ers and avenge our worst superbowl loss EVER !

Chef Zambini
12-31-2012, 11:45 AM
I doubt the 49ers win the NFC.
I give seatle a better chance !

BroncoDiva87
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
the vengeance, vindication, victory tour.
How sweet to return to the big easy and defeat the 49ers and avenge our worst superbowl loss EVER !

This just occurred to me this morning!!!!!! it makes me so EXCITED!!!! That Loss almost Did me in as a Broncos fan.... So, Glad it didn't!!:salute:

zbeg
12-31-2012, 08:54 PM
This just occurred to me this morning!!!!!! it makes me so EXCITED!!!! That Loss almost Did me in as a Broncos fan.... So, Glad it didn't!!:salute:

I was out of the country at the time - that was the last Broncos game I missed. I got back to the United States and was like, "Oh, cool. The Broncos played in an ot...WHAT ON THE WHAT WHO WHAT??"

I still haven't seen the game or many highlights. I don't actually know what happened other than the obvious things I can infer from the score.

BroncoDiva87
12-31-2012, 09:28 PM
It was HORRIBLE!! I was at a friends house who was a 49 er fan too! (during the game) What made it even worse was the amount of crap from people about it! Afterwards! :(

zbeg
12-31-2012, 10:11 PM
It was HORRIBLE!! I was at a friends house who was a 49 er fan too! (during the game) What made it even worse was the amount of crap from people about it! Afterwards! :(

Ugh. I'm glad I missed it. If I'm only going to miss one Broncos game in the last 23 seasons, that looks like a good one to have missed.

T.K.O.
12-31-2012, 11:53 PM
YES the ELWAY revenge tour begins 2/3/13:salute:

nyuk nyuk
01-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I think people are overestimating the playoff prowess of teams led by rookies or near-rookies. The media are totally ignoring the obvious. That basically leaves the Falcons and Packers, neither of which I think has what it takes unless the AFC Champion implodes on the field. The Vikings are just irrelevant.

Give this to the AFC regardless of whoever is in New Orleans.

nyuk nyuk
01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Ugh. I'm glad I missed it. If I'm only going to miss one Broncos game in the last 23 seasons, that looks like a good one to have missed.

I turned it off early. It was very ugly in Denver afterward. I was cursed at in downtown Denver for wearing a Broncos jersey.

zbeg
01-03-2013, 06:19 AM
I turned it off early. It was very ugly in Denver afterward. I was cursed at in downtown Denver for wearing a Broncos jersey.

It's easy to forget how different our collective mindset was back then. The frustration of never knowing what it was like to win a Super Bowl, then going three times in four years...ugh.

I'm not kidding. I viewed the world differently after 1/25/98. Things would never go back to being the way they were before. It's like in a children's movie where the villain's defeated and the black cloud is lifted and all the animals are enjoying sunlight and trees for the first time ever and while they had no idea that this is what the world could be like, they love it and frolic it and live happily ever after.

It's like that, but with a Lombardi trophy instead of a magical death cloud.

Chef Zambini
01-03-2013, 08:10 AM
it was indeed a glorious victory.
a metamorphosis of the body, mind and spirit for every bronco fan.
a colonic for all the previous gut wrenching SB losses.

In the timeline that is my lifetime,mankind has had many great acheivments.
a vaccine for Polio.
man walked on the moon.
the broncos win the Superbowl.