PDA

View Full Version : Struggling Broncos to make a turn around during the second half of the season?

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 01:21 AM
No..........

sneakers
11-08-2007, 01:23 AM
No..........

I say yes. We have an easier schedule, and it is more fun to optimistic.

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 01:26 AM
I say yes. We have an easier schedule, and it is more fun to optimistic.

Yeah but it's not as upsetting if we lose 44-7 again. And we may play easier teams, but we're on the road an awful lot.

Day1BroncoFan
11-08-2007, 01:32 AM
I'll wait until after Sunday and I'll give you my answer. If we win Sunday we have a chance. If we don't... well um, I don't know, it will be hard to be optimistic.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 01:59 AM
A loss this Sunday would be gravy for anyone looking to get a top pick. A win this Sunday would make draft enthusiasts toss their TV out the window, since a Denver win and a San Diego loss would throw us from #11 to #20, perhaps #21.

BaiLeY324
11-08-2007, 07:34 AM
A loss this Sunday would be gravy for anyone looking to get a top pick. A win this Sunday would make draft enthusiasts toss their TV out the window, since a Denver win and a San Diego loss would throw us from #11 to #20, perhaps #21.

And we KNOW San Diego is going to lose.

SR
11-08-2007, 07:39 AM
And we KNOW San Diego is going to lose.

Wanna bet?

PatricktheDookie
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, we'll improve for sure. It can't get much worse, right? ;)

MTBroncoGal
11-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, we'll improve for sure. It can't get much worse, right? ;)

That's what I said after we played the chargers

underrated29
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
1. i would take that bet, indy will cream SD.

2. I wish travis henrys thing would have happened already, because as dream stated i would like a nice top 10 pick, but i also want us to win. And if henry is gone for next year then i think we would be better off with a top 10 pick.

3. I do have a feeling we are going to turn around (every nowand then we get a little bit closer but we never come around, turn around..) ok. It all seriously depends though on how i do in my ff game this week. the good news is that i am going against the 1st place team in the other division, but i am favored by 25 (which is huge for my league as an average winner scores about 60 pts).

So we'll see

silkamilkamonico
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
A top 10 pick would be nice.

But I value the progress of our franchise QB much more than any high draft pick, and if he progresses like we all want him to progress, face it, Denver's going to win a few more games and finish within a game or so of .500.

The development of our franchise QB is much more important than even the #1 draft pick.

Medford Bronco
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Even if Cutler improves our defense still sucks
and it would be a huge accomlishment for this team
to win even 7 games.

I hope he gets confidence for the long run.

Also I hope the kids improve on the d line and LB

only time will tell but I feel like its going to get ugly before it gets better IMO

silkamilkamonico
11-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Even if Cutler improves our defense still sucks
and it would be a huge accomlishment for this team
to win even 7 games.

I hope he gets confidence for the long run.

Also I hope the kids improve on the d line and LB

only time will tell but I feel like its going to get ugly before it gets better IMO

Our defense will suck all year. Our defense will probably suck next year too.

But these are professionals, and there's too much pride in these players to just quit.

Denver will have more games like Detroit and SD this year. They will also have more games like Pittsburgh, where the defense will play just well enough to give the offense a chance to win if they are moving the ball.

I can see a .500 record, especially considering our schedule is significantly easier that how it started.

And losing is only a habit that will rub off on Cutler, Marshall, Young, Scheffler, Moss, Crowder, and Thomas. It's important for the development of those young players that Denver stays competitive throughout the rest of the season.

silkamilkamonico
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
KC (2x)
Chi
Oak
Hou
Min

All of those will be games that Denver can not only compete, but have a shot at winning regardless of how they're playing. Will they win all of them? Probably not, but there's no reason to think that Denver can't win 3+ of those games.

I think Denver will go 7-9, or 8-8, which will put them right around the mid teens for a draft pick.

jhns
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Wanna bet?

What do you want to bet with?

This game won't even be close.

underrated29
11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
What do you want to bet with?

This game won't even be close.

hey i was the first one to take the bet.

back off mister- this ones all me:salute::D

silk- i hadnt thought about that, but you are absolutely right. Even a top pick would not be worth it, compared to jay getting more experince and dare i say playoff experiance? That would be huge for us and him- even if we get killed, he and the rest of the young guys could really really benefit from some playoff action.

They need to see and feel the difference and how much more competative it gets.

Good point!