PDA

View Full Version : McGahee.........

Crush05
12-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Have we heard when McGahee will be back. In all honesty I think we need him in the playoffs. Not sure if I trust Moreno just yet.

Dzone
12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Possibly he will be ready for AFC championship game.This guy at MHS thinks we are going to have a dilemma on our hands when mcgahee returns. He is full of crap. Unless Mcgahee cops an attitude, which I doubt he will.
http://milehighsports.com/2012/12/28/bianchi-the-broncos-looming-backfield-dilemma/

Crush05
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Possibly he will be ready for AFC championship game.This guy at MHS thinks we are going to have a dilemma on our hands when mcgahee returns. He is full of crap. Unless Mcgahee cops an attitude, which I doubt he will.
http://milehighsports.com/2012/12/28/bianchi-the-broncos-looming-backfield-dilemma/

I agree with you on him being full of crap. Too bad we have to wait until the AFCC. I would love to have him back by our 1st playoff game. Playing Colts fan this weekend.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2012, 05:25 PM
McGehee is the RB I DON'T trust. He drops the rock waaaaaay too much for my tastes. The teams we will be playing are too good for us to turn the ball over to.

Crush05
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
McGehee is the RB I DON'T trust. He drops the rock waaaaaay too much for my tastes. The teams we will be playing are too good for us to turn the ball over to.
And your willing to take the risk part of the nickname of NO SHOW Moreno..........I say have them both ready and make a roster move to make it so. So when they can both alternate and keep a fresh player in at all times.

NightTrainLayne
12-28-2012, 05:37 PM
McGahee CAN'T come back before the AFC Championship game due to being on IR.

I haven't really seen anything that was set in stone that he would be able to do that. That's just the earliest possible point in time.

At this point, based on what we've seen through today, I would go with Moreno. He's got the hot hand, has been playing well, and to this point hasn't been turning the ball over.

Having the option of going to McGahee in relief of Moreno, and if Moreno gets knicked up is great, but I wouldn't pull Moreno for McGahee at this point. Moreno, surprisingly, has gotten better results in his time, and has earned the trust of the coaching staff which is giving him more carries than McGahee was getting when he was healthy. I don't think there's really a question of what the coaching staff will do if McGahee is available.

Crush05
12-28-2012, 05:45 PM
McGahee CAN'T come back before the AFC Championship game due to being on IR.

I haven't really seen anything that was set in stone that he would be able to do that. That's just the earliest possible point in time.

At this point, based on what we've seen through today, I would go with Moreno. He's got the hot hand, has been playing well, and to this point hasn't been turning the ball over.

Having the option of going to McGahee in relief of Moreno, and if Moreno gets knicked up is great, but I wouldn't pull Moreno for McGahee at this point. Moreno, surprisingly, has gotten better results in his time, and has earned the trust of the coaching staff which is giving him more carries than McGahee was getting when he was healthy. I don't think there's really a question of what the coaching staff will do if McGahee is available.
Well put Night, when you put it that way I can see your point of view.

Northman
12-28-2012, 06:00 PM
At this point NTL is right. Knowmo had played very well and most importantly TAKEN CARE OF THE ROCK.

I love McGahee and was one of the few who knew he would do well here while everyone wrote him off but now the pressure is on Willis when he comes back and that is Moreno will push him to HAVE to take care of the ball better.

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Denver will welcome McGahee back IF he can even make it back, but he should take a backseat to Moreno. Moreno has played outstanding the last few weeks, and like North said he takes care of the ball.

NightTerror218
12-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Mcgahee's effectiveness will need to be tested too to see how in shape he will be and how well his knee healed.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm hoping McGahee and Moreno, both, get a lot of carries. McGahee fumbling this year has been uncharacteristic of him. I think he does a better job running up the middle. I like them both, and Hillman. Having all of them healthy won't be a bad thing.

Pudge
12-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Does anyone think mcgahee might flirt with retirement next year?

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Well put Night, when you put it that way I can see your point of view.yes, the night makes a convincing arhuement. The extra work-load indicates the level of trust and conviction from the coaches ANd PFM whgo ultimately deciodes run or pass on every down.
I look forward to having willy-mac back healthy and ready to contribute to another victory, one game at a time.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Does anyone think mcgahee might flirt with retirement next year?

If so, I hope Champ Bailey picks 23 when he moves to Safety. That's my number, bruh.

dogfish
12-29-2012, 02:51 AM

you and me both, bud. . .

didn't really expect to be saying it, but right now i'd roll with moreno. . . looks like he's finally woken up and figured out what it takes to get it done at this level. . . and he's covering the ball with both hands when he finishes runs, which mcgahee still doesn't do regularly. . .

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Does anyone think mcgahee might flirt with retirement next year?he has 8 kids so flirting must be his specialty.

Dzone
12-29-2012, 03:41 AM
If the playoffs are o the line and Mcgahee is 100% he would have to be a total douchebag to sulk and complain on twitter about losing his job while the Super bowl is at stake. I think Mcgahee is a warrior who will be ready when he gets his call. He wont complain. I agree Moreno has averaged a lot more yards than Mcgahee..Knoshon appears to be the best we have right now. Plus people cant wait to see who he is going to hurdle next.

Dzone
12-29-2012, 03:43 AM
he has 8 kids so flirting must be his specialty.
He cant retire..he has to play until his body completely shuts down on him..8 kids...wonder how much money he has left over after that bill is paid.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Sometimes you've got to ride the hot hand. There's no telling even if McGahee gets back in time for the AFCCG and if we get there, whether or not he'll even be in game shape. If he can play, I think they'll use him more like they have Hester of late - around the goalline - because McGahee is a bruiser. I doubt he'll step right in and start right away.

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
aqnother reason to consider JFE the exec of the year, while many, including ME thought moreno should be jetisoned from the team, he kept knowshon, and arent we all glad he did!
now, we can pontificate about the wisdom of mcgehee returning instead of snivling about his absence.
and now that we have a darntuten professional training staff in place, the team health and his recovery
are far more promising.

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 10:16 AM
... and regarding willy-macs fumbling, I find it interesting that some of you chastize him for fumbling every other game, ONCE every 40 touches, and yet you have no problem with another bronco who puts the ball on the ground 1 in 5 times he touches the ball.
very peculiar indeed.

dogfish
12-29-2012, 11:00 AM
... and regarding willy-macs fumbling, I find it interesting that some of you chastize him for fumbling every other game, ONCE every 40 touches, and yet you have no problem with another bronco who puts the ball on the ground 1 in 5 times he touches the ball.
very peculiar indeed.

dude, just be done with it and change yer name to chef agenda. . . :coffee:

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 11:06 AM
i have said too much, sorry.
love the "chef agenda" thing though. that almost makes it worth it.
I guess I should be more selective when the subject of fumbling comes up,
like some of you folks seem to be.
Sorry, silly me.

BroncoBowlby 88
12-29-2012, 01:22 PM
If Willis doesn't make it back I'm not to worried. This team has had a knack this season of players stepping up after an injury and playing and making the team better (Harris and Carter after Porter went down, Brooking after Mays was hurt and Moreno after Willis). Knowshon may not have the pure power that Willis has but he has a bit more spring in his step and holds on to the ball a bit better. I also like the way that Hester and Hillman are playing an the 3 different levels it gives our run game.

ShaneFalco
12-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I hate to say it, but Moreno is playing really well because Mcagahee had the load the entire season. He also lead the league in fumbles before he was hurt. That said Broncos really need to find a RB in FA or the DRAFT. Bringing in Moreno halfway thru each season should be the norm now. I have never seen him play this well with fresh legs. Maybe because his legs were never fresh with injuries etc.

Regardless Broncos need to add another RB in the stables to help carry the load for next year.

swaiy
12-29-2012, 03:40 PM
very peculiar indeed.

The. Title. Of. The. Thread. Is. McGahee.

Sometimes people actually stay on topic, bro. I know, it's a strange concept for you.

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2012, 03:46 PM

I agree. Personally, I feel comfortable with Moreno. So far, he is doing really good.

weazel
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I would love to have both KM and WM going, spelling each other and having two attacks, but Willis wont be ready until the AFCC game. I just hope when Willis gets back that he can hold onto the ball better than he was, cant have turnovers like that in the playoffs. Anyone saying that having both of them will be a "dilemma" is just a guy looking to get an article into the rotation.

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I would love to have both KM and WM going, spelling each other and having two attacks, but Willis wont be ready until the AFCC game. I just hope when Willis gets back that he can hold onto the ball better than he was, cant have turnovers like that in the playoffs. Anyone saying that having both of them will be a "dilemma" is just a guy looking to get an article into the rotation.

McGahee gave us some inexplicable fumbles. I didn't like it.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
The. Title. Of. The. Thread. Is. McGahee.

Sometimes people actually stay on topic, bro. I know, it's a strange concept for you.

Lies!

Simple Jaded
12-29-2012, 11:45 PM
When/if McGahee returns they may just go with the hot hand, imo that's a race Moreno loses 9 times outta 10. McGahee is the better runner.......

dogfish
12-30-2012, 01:56 AM
Sorry, silly me.

work with me here, chef. . . :D

come on. . . we all know holiday's had a problem with it, it's not like it's some big secret. . . see, that's just it-- we all know. . . which is why it doesn't need to get brought up in EVERY thread where you can find an angle to work it in. . . it's not so much that people resent your opinion, as that we get tired of your constant off-topic and highly repetitive posts. . .

besides which, there is a significant difference between tolerating some ball security issues from an undersized and very inexperienced player, and an 8- or 9-year veteran ballcarrier. . . particularly when holiday offers explosiveness that no one else on the team can match in the return game, while moreno right now is every bit as effective as mcgahee. . .

Pudge
12-30-2012, 02:00 AM

come on. . . we all know holiday's had a problem with it, it's not like it's some big secret. . . see, that's just it-- we all know. . . which is why it doesn't need to get brought up in EVERY thread where you can find an angle to work it in. . . it's not so much that people resent your opinion, as that we get tired of your constant off-topic and highly repetitive posts. . .

besides which, there is a significant difference between tolerating some ball security issues from an undersized and very inexperienced player, and an 8- or 9-year veteran ballcarrier. . . particularly when holiday offers explosiveness that no one else on the team can match in the return game, while moreno right now is every bit as effective as mcgahee. . .

Mobile high five!

Dapper Dan
12-30-2012, 02:33 AM

Lies! This happens with other members bringing up the same old crap.

dogfish
12-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Lies! This happens with other members bringing up the same old crap.

and they typically get called on it also. . .

see whiz, JR. . .

now weren't we talking about mcgahee?

Chef Zambini
12-30-2012, 03:21 AM
pudge, show me another active thread were i mentioned holiday?
in fact, i didnt even use his name when i referenced the suelective attitude torward fumbling.
I have posted in 20 other threads since christmas, this the only one where i referanced fumbling.
and only because fumbling was a hot topic of concern regarding mcgehee.
silkyMilky in particular. all kinds of hate for wily mac, yet a staunch defender of holiday?
Thats why I characterized it as peculiar.
Pudge, if you read what the zambashers say regarding holiday, they are in total denial! so it isnt as you portray, "everybody knows it"
My problem is responding to every single zam basher , thats when my responses get redundant.
but when their attacks become personnal, I feel like a chump if i dont respond and defend, not only myself, but the rights of others to express themselves and not be bullied by a pack of wolves who are more focused on fostering hostility than real dialogue and discussion.

Dapper Dan
12-30-2012, 03:51 AM
and they typically get called on it also. . .

see whiz, JR. . .
now weren't we talking about mcgahee?
So when someone brings up Josh McDaniels for some odd reason, you call them out on it? I don't think anyone does. Unrelated garbage always pops up and most people just agree and join in on talking about whatever it was. If this wasn't Zam, I don't think anything would have been said. The discussion would have continued and the comment wouldn't have been deemed unnecessary. That's just the way it goes.

It was a comparison to McGahee. So it's still the same topic.

Chef Zambini
12-30-2012, 03:57 AM
So when someone brings up Josh McDaniels for some odd reason, you call them out on it? I don't think anyone does. Unrelated garbage always pops up and most people just agree and join in on talking about whatever it was. If this wasn't Zam, I don't think anything would have been said. The discussion would have continued and the comment wouldn't have been deemed unnecessary. That's just the way it goes.

It was a comparison to McGahee. So it's still the same topic.thank you sir, I salute you.
May the new year bring you good health, great wealth and joy to all your loved ones.

Timmy!
12-30-2012, 05:00 AM
I like how this thread went from mcgahee, to moreno, then holiday, and then to zam.

Dapper Dan
12-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Willis McGahee

Canmore
12-30-2012, 05:51 AM
you and me both, bud. . .

didn't really expect to be saying it, but right now i'd roll with moreno. . . looks like he's finally woken up and figured out what it takes to get it done at this level. . . and he's covering the ball with both hands when he finishes runs, which mcgahee still doesn't do regularly. . .

I don't know if I really trust either one of them, but I would roll with the hot hand and for now that is Moreno. Sure would like to see Willis back though.

TXBRONC
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Sure if we make to the AFCCG I would welcome McGahee back but atp Moreno has earned the right to be the lead horse.

TXBRONC
12-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Sorry, silly me.

The topic is McGahee not Holliday.

Chef Zambini
12-30-2012, 11:49 AM
FWIW, 6 of the first 15 posts mention FUMBLING as a key concern. among the first 20 posts, I post 3 times, once to make a joke about mcgehhes paternal situation, a second time to comliment NTL on his post and observations, and a third to TANGENT how the moreno situation further bolsters JFE as exec of the year.
(peculiar how no-one chastized me for going off topic on that one)
then in post #21
I make my first and ONLY referance to the well expressed concern about the FUMBLING issue !
and the attack and resentment commenses.
sorry I am such a flashpoint for unprovoked anamosity!
7 responses follow to my ONE !
the "clutter" comes from my dtractors, not from me.

re-read the thread, see the reality, try not to have a hissy fit everytime I post and the dialogue and subject matter will stay on target.
but if anyone thinks ol zam is just gonna shut up when he is attacked, they really havent been paying attention.

Timmy!
12-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I really dont see how a healthy mcgahee hurts the Broncos, but id give Moreno the lions share of the carries as others have mentioned.

Zam stop trying to be such a victim. You make a shitty martyr.

Zweems56
12-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I like how this thread went from mcgahee, to moreno, then holiday, and then to zam.

Change the names of the players, and this has been happening since like... 2001. Color me unsurprised.

Zweems56
12-30-2012, 12:12 PM
I really dont see how a healthy mcgahee hurts the Broncos, but id give Moreno the lions share of the carries as others have mentioned.

Zam stop trying to be such a victim. You make a shitty martyr.

Indeed... (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/463872-Jacob-Tamme?p=1802391#post1802391) :rolleyes:

Pudge
12-30-2012, 12:40 PM
pudge, show me another active thread were i mentioned holiday?
in fact, i didnt even use his name when i referenced the suelective attitude torward fumbling.
I have posted in 20 other threads since christmas, this the only one where i referanced fumbling.
and only because fumbling was a hot topic of concern regarding mcgehee.
silkyMilky in particular. all kinds of hate for wily mac, yet a staunch defender of holiday?
Thats why I characterized it as peculiar.
Pudge, if you read what the zambashers say regarding holiday, they are in total denial! so it isnt as you portray, "everybody knows it"
My problem is responding to every single zam basher , thats when my responses get redundant.
but when their attacks become personnal, I feel like a chump if i dont respond and defend, not only myself, but the rights of others to express themselves and not be bullied by a pack of wolves who are more focused on fostering hostility than real dialogue and discussion.

I'm not picking on you Zam, and I do see how people single you out a lot and I feel bad for you. You just get too defensive about it and jump up and down whenever someone posts something you've been called on before. You're a good guy I think you just need to not get so worked up over things out of your control.