PDA

View Full Version : NHL presents 'comprehensive' offer

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
The NHL has made a new proposal to the NHL Players' Association with time ticking toward a canceled season, the league has confirmed.

In a statement released Friday, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly called the offer a "comprehensive proposal for a successor CBA," saying it was delivered to the union late Thursday afternoon.

"We are not prepared to discuss the details of our proposal at this time," Daly said in the statement. "We are hopeful that once the union's staff and negotiating committee have had an opportunity to thoroughly review and consider our new proposal, they will share it with the players. We want to be back on the ice as soon as possible."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8786610/nhl-offer-boosts-contract-length-limit-player-source-says

SR
12-28-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm sure the players will find something wrong with it and say "No".

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm sure the players will find something wrong with it and say "No".

Hockey players have other avenues where they can play during the lockout, so I am wondering if their mind set is to hold out until they get exactly what they want?

SR
12-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Hockey players have other avenues where they can play during the lockout, so I am wondering if their mind set is to hold out until they get exactly what they want?

That's what it seems like to me. A lot of the NHL's top tier players signed contracts in Europe and Russia, some cases multi-year deals like Ryan O'Reilly...

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
That's what it seems like to me. A lot of the NHL's top tier players signed contracts in Europe and Russia, some cases multi-year deals like Ryan O'Reilly...

If the lockout is settled where they play this year, can these players get out of those contracts, especially O'Reilly who signed a multi-year?

SR
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
If the lockout is settled where they play this year, can these players get out of those contracts, especially O'Reilly who signed a multi-year?

From what I've read, most, if not all of them have opt-out clauses in their contracts so that they're able to return to the NHL without a breach of contract. I know all of the Avalanche players playing overseas have opt-out clauses. Read that a while back on www.eurolanche.com

underrated29
12-28-2012, 04:27 PM
From what I've read, most, if not all of them have opt-out clauses in their contracts so that they're able to return to the NHL without a breach of contract. I know all of the Avalanche players playing overseas have opt-out clauses. Read that a while back on www.eurolanche.com

This is correct. A few players though have said they will not come back.

SR
12-28-2012, 10:55 PM
This is correct. A few players though have said they will not come back.

No profitable ones. The big name stars will be back. I'd really like to see a 10 year CBA signed

underrated29
12-29-2012, 02:52 AM
Shit man I'd like to see ant cry beyond signed! 10 years would be even better some wed not have to deals it's this shift again. And maybe get the spirt gbback in track. We have to get rid of bettmen and fur,

They both have to absolutely gol,

Poet
01-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Shit man I'd like to see ant cry beyond signed! 10 years would be even better some wed not have to deals it's this shift again. And maybe get the spirt gbback in track. We have to get rid of bettmen and fur,

They both have to absolutely gol,

You aren't hype, you're the truth.

weazel
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I hope the players all die an agonizing death. **** the players

Poet
01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I would really like to see my Blackhawks play this year.

SR
01-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I would really like to see my Blackhawks play this year.

I would really like to receive a text message from you.

Poet
01-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I'll text my dikk.

SR
01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
I'll text my dikk.

Ill laugh hysterically

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
NEW YORK -- The NHL and NHL Players' Association appear to be inching closer to a deal.

The two sides are meeting face to face, along with a federal mediator, for the first time since Thursday and are trying to hash out the remaining issues to reach a new collective bargaining agreement.

With the league and union trying to find a resolution on the Year 2 salary cap -- arguably the most contentious issue at this point -- the league has budged from its proposed $62.5 million, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

If a deal gets done, the NHL has 50-game or 48-game schedules drawn up, sources told LeBrun.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8816928/nhl-nhlpa-appear-inching-closer-deal

underrated29
01-06-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm so glad it's done and back. Fuer is such a crooked sob....he and bettmen must must go!

Either way glad its back. Found out last night while we were all at the du game.

SR
01-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm so glad it's done and back. Fuer is such a crooked sob....he and bettmen must must go!

Either way glad its back. Found out last night while we were all at the du game.

It's not Fehr and Bettman that are at fault for this dude. The players screwed the pooch. Either way, I got the 10 year deal I wanted. The season is gonna be either 48 or 50 games. The season was canceled until Jan 14, so it'll start after that. Time for our boys to start coming back from overseas and the Avs need to pay O'Reilly.