PDA

View Full Version : Elway Mounts A New, Historical Comeback For The Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2012, 10:47 PM
John Elway rides again!

The old gunslinger may have hung up his spurs 13 seasons ago—beaten and broken physically before riding off into the sunset—but he’s taken the reins of the Broncos once again.

In December 2010, the Broncos were in the midst of their worst season in nearly 50 years. Josh McDaniels was fired from the head coaching spot he wasn’t qualified for and Eric Studesville was put in charge on an interim basis. Denver was down in the dumps, eventually finishing a dastardly 4-12. It may be no coincidence that this is the time Elway met with Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and expressed interest in getting involved with the team. On January 5, 2011, Elway was named the Vice President of Football Operations, knowing everything was on the line.

Where the Broncos sat two years ago, it was a mile high climb back to the top of the mountain—the team was in shambles. He would have to hire a new head coach and defensive coordinator, then try to piece together a football team through the draft and free agency. In short, Elway’s reputation — not only as a god-like figure in Denver, but as a football man in the NFL world — was on the line in a job he admitted he had little understanding of.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/26/john-elway-mounts-a-new-historical-comeback-for-denver-broncos/

Simple Jaded
12-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Jeez, that's a fine display of ass-kissing. Dude should be embarrassed.......

MOtorboat
12-27-2012, 12:17 AM
There are some that would tell you Elway is a liar.

I'm not one of them.

Dzone
12-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Jeez, that's a fine display of ass-kissing. Dude should be embarrassed.......
lmao!!!!!!!

BroncoWave
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
There are some that would tell you Elway is a liar.

I'm not one of them.

No coach or executive is 100% truthful to the media. They would be stupid to be.

P.S. In the thread to which you are referring no one called Elway a liar. Nice try though.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 12:01 PM
It’s all thanks to John Elway.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 12:07 PM
the article failed to mention the dumping of tuten and the hiring of a legitimate training staff !
the trash elway threw out, is almost as important as the talent he attracted !
I never thought our broncos had a chance at PFM !
but JFE landed the big fish and together they now attract all the other fish!
during the tebow regime, players were jumping ship, now viable free agents are jumping into our boat !
as i stated in another thread, JFE is a lock for NFL exec of ther year !
read my sig !

broncofaninfla
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
We've been a much better team since Koppen and Brooking took over at their respective positions. Elway and company have done a fantastic job restoring credibility and putting this team in position for a Super Bowl run in just two season. No matter how good this years team is I sincerely feel next years team will be even better.

Dzone
12-28-2012, 12:23 AM
We are the #1 rated team in the NFL.