PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2013 Opponents

nyuk nyuk
12-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Including at Indy. That'll be interesting.

Click for article (http://broncotalk.net/2012/12/43599/broncos-blog/denver-broncos-2013-opponents-announced/)

We also get Shanny at home. Another interesting one.

camdisco24
12-26-2012, 05:07 PM
WOW. Tons of interesting matchups!

Washington- Shanny
Indy- Luck vs. Manning
NYG- Manning Bowl

Plus-Another rematch against Baltimore and New England.

I see a lot of primetime in our future.

topscribe
12-26-2012, 05:08 PM
New England at New England. That's not worth a hoot.

How come the Broncos play NE every year? You'd think they were in the same Division . . .

NightTrainLayne
12-26-2012, 05:14 PM

How come the Broncos play NE every year? You'd think they were in the same Division . . .

We have had a knack for finishing in the same divisional placement as the Patriots lately. When we're 1st, so are they. When we've been 2nd. .. .so have they.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-26-2012, 05:28 PM

The schedule from year to year isn't a secret they use the same formula. You always play the 2 teams who are in other divisions (and not the one you're playing that year) in your conference who finish with the same divisional record. That's why we played NE and Houston this year and why we play NE and Baltimore again next year. SD will have to play Miami and Cincy because they are the #2 teams in their respective divisions, etc. We play the AFC South by default so we play Houston. Looks like we get the NFC East next year, too. With 6 divisional games, it adds up to 16.

Every 4 years, you play the same schedule with the exception of those 2 "at large" games. I'm not sure how they determine the home/away schedule, but looks like we're going to NE next year. Yeah it sucks, but they did play us in Denver last year. We also get Baltimore at home next year which is a nice change.

Magnificent Seven
12-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Looks like Denver will have easy games at home. I would go there for Ravens vs Broncos and Redskins vs Broncos games.

DenBronx
12-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Teams who win the division always play each other the next year. So yes, your schedule is usually tougher when you are consistantly winning, you end up playing better teams. I just dont know why we play NE in NE every damn year! Biased much???

Saying that, I think we will get 6-7 prime time games and I think we will win the division....aaaaaagain!

BroncoWave
12-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Bronx, the cap for scheduled primetime games is 5 with one extra slot for a flex game.

DenBronx
12-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Bronx, the cap for scheduled primetime games is 5 with one extra slot for a flex game.

Ok then I'll take 6. :)

Oh and living on the west coast, I get to see every raider game and alot of charger/chiefs games because of the division. So with all of the primetime games I usually get to see 9-10 games and that's why I cancelled the ticket this year and just got the redzone channel. I just do live streams for the other 5-6 games I dont get.

But I can live with 6 primetime games.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2012, 08:23 PM
All of the BronColts and the Manning-ites had better go and find some orange. You can't be wearing your old Manning jersey to this one.

zbeg
12-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Teams who win the division always play each other the next year. So yes, your schedule is usually tougher when you are consistantly winning, you end up playing better teams. I just dont know why we play NE in NE every damn year! Biased much???

Saying that, I think we will get 6-7 prime time games and I think we will win the division....aaaaaagain!

It's not biased. Math has no bias.

It's a formula. 1 plays 1. 2 plays 2. 3 plays 3. Denver won their division. The Patriots won their division. It's automatic. Denver plays New England. Every three years the AFC West is assigned to play all the teams in the AFC East. So Denver plays New England. That's just the way it goes.

And yeah, they do the "tougher teams play tougher teams" thing on purpose. The NFL wants there to be parity so that worse teams can have a better chance of winning and better teams have a worse chance. I think the NFL gets this one right.

Joel
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah, scheduling is pretty straightforward; it can even be helpful in remembering precisely what year a given game was played, because unless we both finish in the same place in our divisions we'll only play a given non-divisional team once every 3 years, and NEVER play the same non-conference team more often than once every 4 (unless we both make the Super Bowl, of course.) Last year we, and the AFCW, ran into a buzzsaw in the NFCN, but won't see them again until 2014.

What's interesting about this year is that the NFL sort of "got it right" in that all of last years AFC division champs repeated. That makes seeding them in the playoffs MUCH simpler, because unless there's a three-way tie or a tie game there's a head-to-head tiebreak between each two division winners (in the unlikely event of a Denver/Houston/NE or Denver/Houston/Baltimore tie there's STILL a head-to-head tiebreaker, because Denver and Houston beat Baltimore and lost to NE.)

There's even a good chance the wildcard teams will finish with the same record but have played each other (this year, Indy beating Cincy is one reason why they can't finish with the same record; had Cincy won that game they'd be the #5 seed, and could keep it even with a loss if the Colts lost, too.)

So, the AFC division champs, which won't be easy, plus the NFCE, which also won't be easy (except maybe for Philly) and the AFCS, which has two tough games and two pushovers. If we stay healthy, the rest of our division is bad enough to give us at least 4 wins, the Jags and Titans ought to give us 2 more and the Eagles should give us 1 more. That's 7 wins right off the top, with a good chance to pick up one or two more in both our division and the NFCE. Play well against the Texans, Ravens and Cheatriots and we could well be chasing the #1 seed hard again. Fingers crossed....

nyuk nyuk
12-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Washington- Shanny
Indy- Luck vs. Manning
NYG- Manning Bowl

That has to be on purpose for ratings.

zbeg
12-26-2012, 11:15 PM

It's not.

BroncoWave
12-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Washington- Shanny
Indy- Luck vs. Manning
NYG- Manning Bowl

Have you even read this thread? Has nothing to do with ratings. The formula dictates we would play these teams regardless of whom their players or coaches are.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2012, 11:47 PM
There have been so many changes that I'm sure there are headlines on everyone's schedule that the NFL can exploit.

camdisco24
12-26-2012, 11:53 PM

It will be great for ratings, but it's a total coincidence based on the rotation mentioned in the earlier posts.

It will be fun to watch nonetheless! :cool:

Army Bronco
12-26-2012, 11:57 PM
We just need to beat anyone on our plate

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Of course, all of our postulating and guesstimating on the schedule depends on one major factor: Us winning the Superbowl. Why? Because if we do, I have a strong feeling that we'll be a completely different team next year. I've said it before, but I think Peyton hangs them up if he wins another Championship. He will be "vindicated" in his return and have shown up all his critics and doubters and be tied with his little brother in Championship rings. That would change everything. I also think that JDR might move on if we win a Superbowl. I'm hoping that if we don't, he'll stick around knowing that we're close and have unfinished business. If we do win a Championship, all bets are off. If Peyton retires and JDR moves on, next season could be just like the '99-'00 season for us.

Like I said, I think this is likely if we win the Superbowl. If not, the team will probably remain mostly the same headed into next year.

BroncoWave
12-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Of course, all of our postulating and guesstimating on the schedule depends on one major factor: Us winning the Superbowl. Why? Because if we do, I have a strong feeling that we'll be a completely different team next year. I've said it before, but I think Peyton hangs them up if he wins another Championship. He will be "vindicated" in his return and have shown up all his critics and doubters and be tied with his little brother in Championship rings. That would change everything. I also think that JDR might move on if we win a Superbowl. I'm hoping that if we don't, he'll stick around knowing that we're close and have unfinished business. If we do win a Championship, all bets are off. If Peyton retires and JDR moves on, next season could be just like the '99-'00 season for us.

Like I said, I think this is likely if we win the Superbowl. If not, the team will probably remain mostly the same headed into next year.

I could not disagree more. No way he retires while still playing at such a high level. Why retire when you are still playing at a high level and have a chance at another championship or two? Plus i think he has too much respect for Elway to bail after a year.

zbeg
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM

I don't see Peyton retiring after this year unless it's injury-related. He's worked so hard to get back because he's got a deep love of the game. I just can't imagine him working and working and working and being at an elite level and then...retiring after one year.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If he reinjured the neck or something or suffered a physical decline, then sure. But otherwise I think he's here for three years.