PDA

View Full Version : RebelRocker's 2012 end season/post season predictions

RebelRocker
12-26-2012, 03:06 PM
I've done a few of these throughout the year and I figured I should do one more to finish out the season.

AFC

AFC WEST

Denver- 13-3. Enough said. I don't know if we get the #1 seed, but I'm not intimidated by the idea of going to Houston to play in the championship game.

San Diego- 7-9. It'll be interesting to see which direction they take after this season. We could possibly be seeing wholesale change throughout this franchise in the next year or two(that includes QB and all of the other key positions, too.)

Oakland- 4-12. Does Allen stay? Hard to say right now. Wouldn't be suprised if he came back to Denver in some sort of role if he's let go by the Raiders.

KC- 2-14. The sad thing about the Chiefs is, they're not a team lacking talent. They just lack two very important pieces to be successful. 1. A QB and 2. A reliable coaching staff/FO.

AFC NORTH

Baltimore 10-6. They did enough to win this division, but I don't know if they'll be the last team standing from the North in the postseason.

Cincy 10-6. I think that this will be the team to take over the division in the near future, potentially starting as soon as this postseason.

Pittsburgh 7-9. Looks like I will be right about the Steelers. Aging Defense, offensive miscommunication and a stronger division leads them to this record. I don't see them bouncing back, either. This team will continue to be mediocre until they find guys that can replace their key players right now.

Cleveland 6-10. This team is playing better than their record indicates. Hopefully the new regime doesn't change too much to kill any momentum going forward.

AFC South

Houston 13-3. #1 seed, but vulnerable heading into the playoffs.

Indy 10-6. They had a good run, but I think it was a mirage. They beat a lot of bad teams by a thin margin. Let's face it, they're a 6 win team that overachieved(much like us last year). Their match up with the Pats earlier this season is a good indicator of how they'll perform in the playoffs, IMHO. Nevertheless, this is a greatly improved team and they should commend themselves on the job they did this year.

Tennessee 5-11. Another team that could be facing wholesale changes. If they want to be anywhere near competitive next year, it may be wise to put Hasselbeck back under center(or atleast put more pressure on Locker).

Jax 3-13. They may be the team with the least amount of talent in the NFL. I will give them this, they fought hard against a lot of top tier teams this year. A lot of teams with their record don't put up a fight like that. I think the best plan of action for the Jaguars is to have Henne back under center for next year while developing a young QB and taking a BPA approach towards the draft. The grit and fight is there, they just need more talent.

AFC East

Pats 12-4. Same old Pats. We'll see them in the playoffs.

Miami 7-9. Kudos to Miami. Next to Jacksonville, they may be one of the weakest teams in the league, from a talent perspective. Like the Jaguars, this team simply needs more playmakers. I'm not surprised Miami finished 2nd in this division, so the real question will be what steps do they take to close the gap between them and the Pats.

Jets 6-10. Rex gets ONE more year to prove himself, but the QB situation will be a different story. Their best option might be dumping the QB's they have this year and bringing in a veteran QB to handle the reigns while continuing to build back the "ground and pound" type philosophy in NY. We've seen the Jets get to multiple conference championship games with a mediocre/below average QB, but they need a dominant running game and defense to do it again.

Buffalo 5-11. I tried rooting for this team, because I felt bad for them. They have a lot of talent, but they need a FO and coaching staff with a vision. Chan Gailey and co. are not that.

AFC playoff seeding

1.Houston
2.Denver
3.New England
4.Baltimore
5.Indy
6.Cincy

AFC champs- Denver Broncos. All bias aside, if we beat NE AT HOME in the divisional round, it will be very hard for our next opponent to stop us, regardless of where we play.

NFC

NFC WEST

SF 11-4-1. They get a break in the season finale by playing the Cards. By record, they will be the division champs, but by no means are they the best in this division.

Seattle 11-5. Russell Wilson is just an ass kicker, no other way to put it. You talk about a true winner, he just gets it done. Even though they didn't win the division this year, they will be the team to rule this division and potentially butt heads with Green Bay and Atlanta going forward for NFC dominance.

St. Louis 7-8-1. Much improved team. They look solid.

Arizona 5-11. This team is in need of a "reboot" button. They mine as well blow the whole team up and start from scratch.

NFC NORTH

Green Bay 12-4. One word to describe this team right now. Dangerous.

Chicago 10-6. Like San Fran, they get a softball game for their finale, which allows them to sneak into the playoffs.

Minnesota 9-7. Improved team, but like the Colts, they were a below average team that overachieved. The vikings didn't go 9-7, AP and Percy Harvin did.

Detroit 4-12. The Lions are the WTF team of 2012.

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta 14-2. Good team, but they need to validate this record in the postseason.

New Orleans 8-8. Nice to see them fight back, but it wasn't enough.

Tampa Bay 6-10. Team in transition. They have the pieces to be special.

Carolina 6-10. They're just mediocre.

NFC EAST

Washington 10-6. Congrats to Shanny for getting the Skin's back to being competitive.

Giants 9-7. The defending champs were a disappointment this year.

Dallas 8-8. Solid, but not spectacular year.

Philly 4-12. The roster purging will commence in T minus 5 days...

NFC playoff seeding
1.Atlanta
2.Green Bay
3.San Francisco
4.Washington
5.Seattle
6.Chicago

NFC CHAMPS- Gotta go with GB at this point. I think it will be between GB and Atlanta, but until Atlanta proves themselves in the postseason, I have to go with the Packers.

Super Bowl 47- Super Bowl 32 rematch.

Enjoy!

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Detroit 4-12. The Lions are the WTF team of 2012.

our opponents in the afc west will all be picking in the top 10 of each round.
the chargers would be stopoid to bring back aj smith who is just as good at pissing away talent , as he is at selecting it!
the raiders are more dysfunctional than the cheifs and that team is in counciling !
Our broncos went 6-0 in the division *, anything less would have been concerning.
healthy for the play-offs and hopefully with some new wrinkles for our opponents !
you all know I aint no poly-anna, but I di believe our broncos have what it takes to win it all THIS SEASON !