PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen comments on Marshall

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 11:24 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/08/14/bowlen-comments-on-marshall/

San Francisco _ Now that Brandon Marshall has his legal problems behind him, the question is whether he will move forward with his task as productive receiver for the Broncos.

“”I sure hope so,’’ Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said prior to his team’s preseason opener her Friday against the San Francisco 49ers. “”He obviously will have to come down from what he’s been through and get his head straight but it’s good for him that he was exonerated.’’

A six-person jury in Atlanta acquitted Marshall on two misdemeanor counts of battery Friday. A conviction likely would have brought further punishment, in the form of a suspension, from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. “”It’s good for Brandon,’’ Bowlen said.

As for the issue of Marshall’s health, an NFL source said the receiver is nearly fully recovered from the leg injury he suffered two weeks ago and should return to practice soon, maybe even Sunday.

So if Marshall is no longer burdened by off-field issues, and he quickly proves he has recovered from his surgically repaired hip, will the Broncos revisit a third issue _ his desire for a contract extension?

“”We won’t talk about that,’’ Bowlen said.

Hawgdriver
08-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Of course they won't talk about it, you never tip your hand to the agent.

I have to admit that I think we know who Brandon is by now.

He has been my favorite Bronco because of his passion and talent. His immaturity makes him unreliable. He ought to crush the league this year so we can feel good when we lock him up week 5.

People can inhibit their habitual stupid behaviors. I have. My dad did. Truth.

Brandon, dig a hole and drop your ish in it, and bury it...please

LordTrychon
08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Thanks for this thread... with all the hubbub of working 5 shifts in 2 1/2 days and then the preseason game tonight... I almost forgot to check on Marshall's status.

Great news.

:salute: