PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys like Orton?

tumbana
08-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Couldn't watch the game. How was he? Did he show his killer accuracy? Smart decision making? Red Zone efficiency? Did he use all those amazing weapons he has?

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 10:15 PM
The sky is falling.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 10:16 PM
At least he doesn't have diabetes like Cutler, but yeah he sucks.

sneakers
08-14-2009, 10:17 PM
At least he doesn't have diabetes like Cutler, but yeah he sucks.

Or a crappy hair cut

Tom Nalen
08-14-2009, 10:20 PM
lol funny thing is Jay sometimes makes the same throws...he just throws the picks with great velocity...

Watchthemiddle
08-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Or a crappy hair cut

Or cry after a int

LoyalSoldier
08-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Or cry after a int
lol actually watch after the second one, he is too busy being mad at himself rather than going out to tackle the DB.

ktrain
08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
let's not freak out just yet, the mcdaniels offense takes a while to learn, he'll be fine

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
http://thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/tmp/WMcutlerbeer.jpg.pjpeg

wait what did you say? sorry i was finishing up this cold beer

Northman
08-14-2009, 10:25 PM
let's not freak out just yet, the mcdaniels offense takes a while to learn, he'll be fine

It is only preseason, but these are vanilla offenses and defenses. It really isnt that great of a sign. I can handle 1 but 3? But, McD knows what he is doing.

tumbana
http://thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/tmp/WMcutlerbeer.jpg.pjpeg

wait what did you say? sorry i was finishing up this cold beer
Can I get one?
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kyle_orton_chicago_bears_3_drunk_pictures1.jpg

LRtagger
wait i forgot Cutler never threw 3 ints in a game before

ambiguous
08-14-2009, 10:26 PM
lol funny thing is Jay sometimes makes the same throws...he just throws the picks with great velocity...

lol, I'm pretty sure he didn't do it on 75% of his possessions.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Can I get one?
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kyle_orton_chicago_bears_3_drunk_pictures1.jpg

listen here fella, when you have a winnign record in the NFL you deserve to go out and have a couple beers with your buddies

when you are a loser with diabetus you should be at home watching film and cutting your hair

Watchthemiddle
08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
wait i forgot Cutler never threw 3 ints in a game before

Check Miami game

Regular season

When it counted

:coffee:

tumbana
08-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Check Miami game

Regular season

When it counted

Orton has as well. Except the game was close and he did it in 7 attempts (NFL record) against the Viqueens.

Tom Nalen
08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Woah woah dont get personal bro. Keep it football dang

listen here fella, when you have a winnign record in the NFL you deserve to go out and have a couple beers with your buddies

when you are a loser with diabetus you should be at home watching film and cutting your hair

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
OK Tom Nalen

tumbana
08-14-2009, 10:33 PM

When you are a good QB but you have to suffer playing for a bad team, you deserve a few beers. When you leech off of a good team and get labeled a "winner" just like Rex Grossman, you need to go practice throwing the ball. Funny, he looks in that pic like how he played tonight and throughout his career. Sucking ****.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM
WTF is with the Bears trolls...you got your quarterback...go away...

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM
When you are a good QB but you have to suffer playing for a bad team, you deserve a few beers. When you leech off of a good team and get labeled a "winner" just like Rex Grossman, you need to go practice throwing the ball. Funny, he looks in that pic like how he played tonight and throughout his career. Sucking ****.

Orton is just trying to catch up with Jay in the preseason INT dept. I think its about even now and Jay still has to play a game tomorrow

ambiguous
08-14-2009, 10:35 PM

It's official, we are in the Kyle Orton era (which looks like it might last a few weeks). This is going to be fun.

tumbana
08-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Orton is just trying to catch up with Jay in the preseason INT dept. I think its about even now and Jay still has to play a game tomorrow

No, Jay hasn't played a game yet lol. Let em know when Orton throws a TD ahahah.

ambiguous
08-14-2009, 10:37 PM

Jay threw 0 preseason interceptions last year.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Jay threw 0 preseason interceptions last year.

Wow thats awesome....how many regular season INTs did he throw?

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
No, Jay hasn't played a game yet lol. Let em know when Orton throws a TD ahahah.

uhhh yea i am referring to camp lol

ambiguous
08-14-2009, 10:52 PM

Listen, I was responding to your idiotic post on how many PRESEASON INTERCEPTIONS JAY CUTLER THREW.

Remember this?

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Listen, I was responding to your idiotic post on how many PRESEASON INTERCEPTIONS JAY CUTLER THREW.

Remember this?

yea i was talking about THIS preseason,

tumbana
08-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Not too bad of an amount foe 616 attempts. Thank goodness he's not on a bad team any more. lol.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Not too bad of an amount foe 616 attempts. Thank goodness he's not on a bad team any more. lol.

yes thank goodness!

tumbana
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
yea i was talking about THIS preseason, douschnozzle (post reported).

CUTLER HANS'Y EVEN PLAYED A GAME. If you want to talk about "camp," I'm willing to bet Orton has more since Cutler only threw more than 1 in a practice once and it was a 2 INT day. Against a defense that actually forces TOs at that. Unlike the "amazing" Broncos D lol.

lol

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 11:00 PM
CUTLER HANS'Y EVEN PLAYED A GAME. If you want to talk about "camp," I'm willing to bet Orton has more since Cutler only threw more than 1 in a practice once and it was a 2 INT day. Against a defense that actually forces TOs at that. Unlike the "amazing" Broncos D lol.

lol

yea you are right, Cutler always performs well against bad D's

I wish we had more bears fans here.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Especially when the season is on the line.

BroncoAV06
08-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I understand the hate of Cutler from Broncos fans but what is with all this bashing him for having diabetes? Did he not play a full season with it for the Broncos? I guess I missed the memo where diabetes became a thing to bash a person for:whoknows:

tumbana
08-14-2009, 11:10 PM

I wish we had more bears fans here.

I never said they were bad learn how to read lol.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 11:12 PM

Take your own advice.

www.broncosforums.com.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 11:14 PM

WUT

Oh Im sorry I didnt realize turnovers had no impact on success in the NFL

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Reidman
08-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm really gonna mix this thread up..

Do you guys actually think Orton has good hair compared to Cutler's...:lol: Looks like a fuggin caveman...

Anyway, back on topic, Orton was a deer caught in the headlights tonight...all there is to it. Once he threw the first pick, all the controversy entered his head and it was over. If that first pass int. was a TD instead, I think it changes the chemistry for that first half...

ursamajor
08-15-2009, 12:58 AM
alot of nastiness in here, even for smack

broncogirl7
08-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Orton didn't impress me tonight and I hope this will not be a continuing pattern of interceptions through out the season. I liked what Sims what showing us.

OaklandRaider
08-15-2009, 02:40 AM
LMFAO!!!

3 interceptions in a preseason game.

ROFL!!!

:pound: :lol: :laugh: :D

Kyle Orton....Lmao.

Watchthemiddle
08-15-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm really gonna mix this thread up..

Do you guys actually think Orton has good hair compared to Cutler's...:lol: Looks like a fuggin caveman...

Anyway, back on topic, Orton was a deer caught in the headlights tonight...all there is to it. Once he threw the first pick, all the controversy entered his head and it was over. If that first pass int. was a TD instead, I think it changes the chemistry for that first half...

NOOOOOO....!!!!! I thought we were over the drama at the QB position was over. I am tired of a QB that looks lost and dumb founded after throwing a pick. Maybe it has something to do with the hair-do's. Cutler and Orton should have the opposite effect of Sampson, and shave their heads. Maybe no hair will make them better.

GEM
08-15-2009, 07:38 AM
LMFAO!!!

3 interceptions in a preseason game.

ROFL!!!

:pound: :lol: :laugh: :D

Kyle Orton....Lmao.

Tell McFatty 5 doubles from Wendy's is not a good pregame snack.

ursamajor
08-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Hey, it's better than you always going for smack in the general discussions area. For once it's where it belongs, smack. Too bad it had to be moved because you can't figure out the correct forum to post in.

Where did I smack talk in General Discussions GEM?

GEM
08-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Where did I smack talk in General Discussions GEM?

Yea, I just caught that....I mistook you for Tumbana. :lol: I apologize.

ursamajor
08-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Yea, I just caught that....I mistook you for Tumbana. :lol: I apologize.

Its all good.

On today's game, It aint too bad. Orton is a mentally tough guy, he will shrug it off. However I think your offense need to play to its strengths. Namely Offensive line and Runningbacks (I hope Knowshon is OK. He seems like a good kid in his interviews). The SF DBs started sitting down on routes. Running the ball and setting up the play action will change that. It will force the safeties to commit faster, and will allow Orton to catch them out of position. It would also force the corners to try and maintain tight coverage, because they would have no safety help.

Oh yeah, Kyle works really well out of the no huddle. McD should try working it in preseason, see if it can spark Kyle into a good rhythm like he had the 1st half of the season last year.

Overtime
08-15-2009, 08:27 AM

who says he's on a good team now?

IIRC the Bears didn't make the playoffs last year now did they?

ursamajor
08-15-2009, 09:08 AM
...the Bears didn't make the playoffs last year now did they?
Neither did the Pats. Either would have napped into the post season had they played in the AFC West.

Your point was?

Overtime
08-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Neither did the Pats. Either would have napped into the post season had they played in the AFC West.

Your point was?

go back and read the quote text from Tumbana idiot, and you'll see my point.

ursamajor
08-15-2009, 09:31 AM
go back and read the quote text from Tumbana idiot, and you'll see my point.

Wow, you can type the word 'idiot' in your posts. I'm impressed by your astute football knowledge.

:ranger:

EMB6903
08-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Jay Cutler threw a 3 int game one time in his career.... NEVER in the 1st half

Orton is garbage, There is no way he can handle this complex offensive scheme.

But I think most of us were expecting this so it really isnt much of a suprise.

Devilspawn
08-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey you're a little dazed and confused over there. Mc preceeds your coach's names and actions. Russell is JaFatty, as in for every 100 pounds he weighs, Kyle throws a McPick.

Now real talk, Orton may do better down the road, but just how much better is the question. Just like I try to tell my brethren in the Nation, you don't make lemonade out of lemons on the first squeeze. But yeah he sucks right now...

Overtime
08-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Now real talk, Orton may do better down the road, but just how much better is the question. Just like I try to tell my brethren in the Nation, you don't make lemonade out of lemons on the first squeeze. But yeah he sucks right now...

good post Devilspawn, but in all actuality, it's only pre-season. this is the place for mistakes to happen, and he's only been there since June, so he's still learning the offense, and getting comfortable with his receivers and TE's. not gonna happen overnight, and he may not be the long term solution for us and I really don't expect him to be either. He's just not that kind of QB, but hopefully he can fill in and keep us competitive until we find a viable long term solution.

If this had been opening day, I'd be a bit more concerned, but we got 3 more games and almost an entire month to iron out the bugs, and I think Orton will get a bit more comfortable in the next few weeks and settle down and get into the flow of the offense.

Ravage!!!
08-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I know I was defending our DL last preseason. "Its the first preseason game, surely they'll get better and won't be blown off the ball in the regular games." "GIve them time, its only preseason... blah blah blah."

We all saw how well that turned out.

OaklandRaider
08-15-2009, 02:18 PM

JaMarcus can eat all the cupcakes he wants, as long as he doesn't play like Orton did last night.

Garbage QB.

OaklandRaider
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Jay Cutler threw a 3 int game one time in his career.... NEVER in the 1st half

Orton is garbage, There is no way he can handle this complex offensive scheme.

But I think most of us were expecting this so it really isnt much of a suprise.

Finally you see the light.

Northman
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
JaMarcus can eat all the cupcakes he wants, as long as he doesn't play like Orton did last night.

Garbage QB.

Your right about that. Lets just hope that when Denver and Oakland get together that JaMarcus doesnt eat our entire team before we play. Although the good news that did come out of Raider camp is that Russell will star in the upcoming Ghostbusters movie as the Chocolate Stay Puff Marshmellow man. Good for him. :beer:

OaklandRaider
08-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Your right about that. Lets just hope that when Denver and Oakland get together that JaMarcus doesnt eat our entire team before we play. Although the good news that did come out of Raider camp is that Russell will star in the upcoming Ghostbusters movie as the Chocolate Stay Puff Marshmellow man. Good for him. :beer:

Don't quit your day job (working at McDonalds probably). That was an absolutely terrible attempt at a JaMarcus joke.

Try again.

Devilspawn
08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Although the good news that did come out of Raider camp is that Russell will star in the upcoming Ghostbusters movie as the Chocolate Stay Puff Marshmellow man. Good for him. :beer:
So that would be the blaxploitation Ghostbusters film called Ghost Azz Whoopahs.

Northman
08-16-2009, 10:28 AM
So that would be the blaxploitation Ghostbusters film called Ghost Azz Whoopahs.

Exactly. Too bad that went over your counterparts head but im not shocked by that. :lol: