PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos' coordinator Jack Del Rio showcases Jack-of-all-trades defensive style

Denver Native (Carol)
12-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Jack Del Rio finally did it.

He is finally coaching a team that is getting the better of Peyton Manning. Del Rio had to join him to one-up him, if not exactly beat him. The Broncos' defense coordinated by Del Rio has been outperforming the Broncos' offense quarterbacked by Manning.

With two regular-season games remaining, Denver's defense has pulled off the rare double of ranking No. 2 in the NFL in stopping the run and ranking No. 2 in sacks.

Some defenses are built to stop the run. Other defenses can rush the quarterback. Name another defense that can do both as well as Del Rio's defense.

"He's the wizard," said Von Miller, the best player on the Broncos' defense.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22236264/jack-all-trades-defense-being-played-by-denver

I would imagine this will be the only year he is here, which I hate to see. Yesterday, Alfred Williams said that De Rio was a major upgrade from Dennis Allen

topscribe
12-21-2012, 05:51 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22236264/jack-all-trades-defense-being-played-by-denver

I would imagine this will be the only year he is here, which I hate to see. Yesterday, Alfred Williams said that De Rio was a major upgrade from Dennis Allen
Del Rio absolutely gushed about how much he loves the Broncos organization
and how he and his family love Denver. Here's hoping that bears a lot of
influence on him.

Promote him to Assistant Head Coach and pay him like a HC. There is a Super
Bowl in his future. I hope it is here . . .

BroncoWave
12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Wait, I thought he was far too lazy to be any good for us? Which posters were saying that again?

Davii
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Already having been a HC Del Rio now has the luxury of being picky. Your first HC gig you take what's offered, but he's now a DC on a winning team that could bring him a ring or two possibly, besides the fact that his value isn't going to decrease. I think Del Rio will be here next year, more than anything because I think he's enjoying himself and will either wait for the perfect NFL job and bide his time here.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Wait, I thought he was far too lazy to be any good for us? Which posters were saying that again?

Who cares?

I really hope he stays long term. You know Elway is going to do whatever necessary to make this organization the most attractive for him.