PDA

View Full Version : Broncos prez says team considering construction of new indoor facility

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2012, 08:36 PM
When the wintry weather Wednesday forced the Broncos to practice indoors at a facility that is a short bus ride away and is primarily used for soccer, it prompted an obvious question:

Shouldn't one of the NFL's most proud franchises be practicing at a place more conducive for football?

The Broncos agree.

"We've had several discussions about building an indoor facility and are giving it strong consideration," said Broncos president Joe Ellis. "While nothing is finalized, we certainly understand how important it is for our team to have an indoor facility at some point in the very near future."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22225673/broncos-prez-says-team-considering-construction-new-indoor

Simple Jaded
12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
If Joe Ellis has anything to do with it they're ******.......

Dapper Dan
12-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Buncha pansies. Back in my day there was no such thing as indoors.

LawDog
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Buncha pansies. Back in my day there was no such thing as indoors.

In your day, folks went to the barber for any surgery more complicated than a splinter removal.

Dapper Dan
12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
In your day, folks went to the barber for any surgery more complicated than a splinter removal.

Actually, I'm only 23. But I like to say "Back in my day.." followed by some crazy thing that never happened.

Superchop 7
12-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Back in THE day refers to before you were born.

turftoad
12-19-2012, 11:53 PM

I resemble this comment.

Davii
12-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I resemble this comment.

We sing cadences about you when we run. "Ate his steaks 8 inches thick, picked his teeth with a guidon stick"

Dapper Dan
12-20-2012, 12:03 AM
We sing cadences about you when we run. "Ate his steaks 8 inches thick, picked his teeth with a guidon stick"

I actually miss cadences. I work at a boys camp now. I'm thinking about making them walk everywhere and sing cadences everywhere we go.

Superchop 7
12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
If Ellis had a brain......they would dump the Inverness Hotel and build their own. Players coming in would have a place to stay, also they could stay there before games with less distraction......and much better security. It would be built for NFL sized human beings.
You would not have to franchise the hotel, thus saving 10%. It would be used as a hotel 85% of the time, the name alone "Bronco Inn" would have enough clout to fill the place with memorabilia being a huge draw.
For those wondering, building a nice hotel is about 120K per room, so 80 rooms is 9.6 Million. Meeting space would be an additional million.
The hotel would bring in a gross of 2 million per year from the public, with a cool million profit per year.

MOtorboat
12-20-2012, 12:49 AM
If Ellis had a brain......they would dump the Inverness Hotel and build their own. Players coming in would have a place to stay, also they could stay there before games with less distraction......and much better security. It would be built for NFL sized human beings.
You would not have to franchise the hotel, thus saving 10%. It would be used as a hotel 85% of the time, the name alone "Bronco Inn" would have enough clout to fill the place with memorabilia being a huge draw.
For those wondering, building a nice hotel is about 120K per room, so 80 rooms is 9.6 Million. Meeting space would be an additional million.
The hotel would bring in a gross of 2 million per year from the public, with a cool million profit per year.

Huh?

Softskull
12-20-2012, 12:57 AM
I loved that story.

The Broncos haven't had an indoor practice field since 2003 when their inflatable bubble blew away during a windstorm in training camp. Classic !!

One NFL team makes their house of straw, one of sticks and one of brick. We just happen to be the one eaten by the wolf.

I think Elway is here just to beat the crap out of Ellis. Hopefully on a regular basis.