PDA

View Full Version : Food slim is too "evolved" to eat.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Beef Carpaccio

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 03:51 PM
tuna tartare

BroncoJoe
12-19-2012, 03:51 PM
You realize it all just turns into shit anyway, right?

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Raw Egg Eggnogg (made with pasteurized eggs)

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
You realize it all just turns into shit anyway, right?

Indeed, but it doesn't have to taste like shit going in.

slim
12-19-2012, 03:56 PM

chazoe60
12-19-2012, 03:58 PM

slim
12-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Indeed, but it doesn't have to taste like shit going in.

Right, and cooking was designed to enhance the flavor of food.

That is all I am saying....I don't think it really that unreasonable.

Thnikkaman
Slim, my wife was watching No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, and they showed people eating the beating heart of a freshly caught fish. My oldest son wants to eat a fishes' beating heart.

Thnikkaman

That looks so delicious.

Poet
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Slim's jumped the shark and is worthless.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Right, and cooking was designed to enhance the flavor of food.

That is all I am saying....I don't think it really that unreasonable.

Cooking was designed to kill food born germs. We have modified the cooking process so that it kills the germs, and enhances flavor, but not all meats require cooking.

slim
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Cooking was designed to kill food born germs. We have modified the cooking process so that it kills the germs, and enhances flavor, but not all meats require cooking.

Thanks, Alton.

But it does enhance the flavor of all (or most) foods, IMO.

BroncoJoe
12-19-2012, 04:05 PM
http://blog.rumorssteakhouse.com/files/2011/05/steak1.jpg

slim
12-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Slim, my wife was watching No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, and they showed people eating the beating heart of a freshly caught fish. My oldest son wants to eat a fishes' beating heart.

You should try hot vit lon. I bet you would like it.

http://youtu.be/RXucin9iIaE

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks, Alton.

Your Welcome Ronald.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 04:07 PM
You should try hot vit lon. I bet you would like it.

That and Durian fruit are two things I will likely never eat.

BroncoJoe
12-19-2012, 04:10 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQelXFjHE4TdZW5Y7S9kyrMF7wJNJ0xq tU_bvsX83RP_Z1BgFq3KA

slim
12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
That and Durian fruit are two things I will likely never eat.

Oh man, Durian is the worst.

Have you ever even smelled it? I would eat sushi all day before I put that crap in my mouth.

BroncoJoe
12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
This fruit looks pretty f-ed up. Discovered it when helping my son with his made-up country - Drakovia.

Dragonfruit:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg/250px-Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg

slim
12-19-2012, 04:16 PM
This fruit looks pretty f-ed up. Discovered it when helping my son with his made-up country - Drakovia.

Dragonfruit:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg/250px-Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg

It's not bad. Not great, but it is edible.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 04:18 PM
We had uglifruit a few weeks ago. Pretty tasteless but you could use it for one of those blindfold haloween tricks.

WTE
12-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks, Alton.

Not only does cooking enhance flavors but the taste buds in your mouth will dull the flavor of cold foods.

Therefore, hot food is always better.

underrated29
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I have to go with slim here. I would likely not eat half those foods unless I was just in an adventurous mood. And that one vagina looking thing, I presume is a clam or oyster- eh. However, the bacon and steak look amazing. In fact, steak is now what I am going to make for dinner tonight.

Dragonfruit:

Ahh dragon fruit. I have had one as well. Its alright. It reminded me of a less flavorful watermelon. For a while I used to take my son to the store and we would pick out the most random weird looking food there was and eat it. This was one of his choices. Its alright.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Not only does cooking enhance flavors but the taste buds in your mouth will dull the flavor of cold foods.

Who says raw food needs to be cold.

As they say in Japan:
最高のサーモンは舌の上で調理される (The best salmon is cooked on the tongue)

chazoe60
12-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Tell that to this

WTE
12-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Tell that to this

Mmmmmmm. Nutty Buddy.

Timmy!
12-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Slim has my support here. Tink u some nasty stuff.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Slim has my support here. Tink u some nasty stuff.

I'm a foodie. I'll try anything once. Yes, I would try a Balut egg or a Dorian once.

weazel
12-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Dragonfruit:

I was watching a news clip a while ago where they kicked a dude off a bus for eating dragon fruit.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
are you too evolved to drink a blended scotch?

slim
12-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Who says raw food needs to be cold.

As they say in Japan:
最高のサーモンは舌の上で調理される (The best salmon is cooked on the tongue)

They also say: 良薬は口の中に苦い味がする。(Good medicine tastes bitter in the mouth).

slim
12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
And this: 牛を殺すにはその角をまっすぐにしようとする試みである。(To kill an ox is an attempt to straighten its horns.).

BroncoNut
12-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Dragonfruit:

looks way cool to me

slim
12-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Nō aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Tell that to this
1975actually, chas, my good friend, food temperature is critical for enjoyment. not because of the food but because of our own physiological ability to enjoy it.
wine experts will tell you that wine, white wine, should be consumed at a temperature range between 42-45 degrees farenheit.
its the same wine at ANY temp, but at those temps, the mouth, tounge, and olfactory are better prepared to appreciate it!
same with icecream ! taste the stuff right out of the freezer, when it is hard to scoop, and you get a far less joyfull experience than whenit has softened in a bowl or in a cone, over time.
when you freeze the tastebuds, they are not as receptive!
any food below 32 degrees will have diminished flavor.

so the next time someone tells you to 'eat shit'
ask if you can freeze it first !

BroncoNut
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
actually, chas, my good friend, food temperature is critical for enjoyment. not because of the food but because of our own physiological ability to enjoy it.
wine experts will tell you that wine, white wine, should be consumed at a temperature range between 42-45 degrees farenheit.
its the same wine at ANY temp, but at those temps, the mouth, tounge, and olfactory are better prepared to appreciate it!
same with icecream ! taste the stuff right out of the freezer, when it is hard to scoop, and you get a far less joyfull experience than whenit has softened in a bowl or in a cone, over time.

makes sense to me after that explanation. Now, hopefully that person will say yes when I ask them that. thanks Zam and glad to have you back :hi:

slim
12-27-2012, 03:08 PM
I was watching a news clip a while ago where they kicked a dude off a bus for eating dragon fruit.

Why would he get kicked off the bus for eating fruit?

BroncoNut
12-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Why would he get kicked off the bus for eating fruit?

you're not supposed to eat or drink on buses

slim
12-27-2012, 03:13 PM
you're not supposed to eat or drink on buses

Oh, I did not know that.

What if you are really hungry or really thirsty?

BroncoNut
12-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Oh, I did not know that.

What if you are really hungry or really thirsty?

tough shit. BUT, the metro here in DC did allow water on the metro during a certain heat wave or somehting

slim
12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
tough shit. BUT, the metro here in DC did allow water on the metro during a certain heat wave or somehting

Well, I am glad I don't have to ride a bus.

Nut, do you ride public transportation?

BroncoNut
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, I am glad I don't have to ride a bus.

Nut, do you ride public transportation?

nope. rarely anyway, like when my car's in the shop.

slim
12-27-2012, 05:05 PM
nope. rarely anyway, like when my car's in the shop.

I haven't been on a bus in like 25 years or something.

I hate buses.

chazoe60
12-27-2012, 05:59 PM
actually, chas, my good friend, food temperature is critical for enjoyment. not because of the food but because of our own physiological ability to enjoy it.

Thanks for the info buddy.

BTW, did you take a typin class while on sabbatical? That was the most well typed out post I've ever read of yours. Glad you're back. Hotcarl? Not so much.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
i did mispell tongue!, i guess i just got lucky on that post, no lessons involved, typing lessons, that is.
I did learn a valuable lesson regarding the frail nature of some mods' egos.

WTE
12-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I did learn a valuable lesson regarding the frail nature of some mods' egos.

I heard you made a racial slur about my wife's people.

Dreadnought
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM
I haven't been on a bus in like 25 years or something.

I hate buses.

I had to ride the bus a couple of years back when the car was being repaired.. I sat across from a dude with an eyeball tattooed on his forehead. He simply stared straight ahead. It was unnerving. I wonder if it affected his employment prospects.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I had to ride the bus a couple of years back when the car was being repaired.. I sat across from a dude with an eyeball tattooed on his forehead. He simply stared straight ahead. It was unnerving.

I wonder if it affected his employment prospects.

head of security.

chazoe60
12-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I had to ride the bus a couple of years back when the car was being repaired.. I sat across from a dude with an eyeball tattooed on his forehead. He simply stared straight ahead. It was unnerving. I wonder if it affected his employment prospects.

He's probably a doctor. He covers his tattoo with one of those reflecting mirror things that doctors wear on their forehead.

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I heard you made a racial slur about my wife's people.your wifes people and my people are the same.
to clarify what I said was,
" brisket used to be a cheap cut of meat until they discoverd jews were the ones buying it, so they raised the price"
ask your wife how she feels about that before you condemn me, or allow these zamhaters to influence your thinking.

Kapaibro
12-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Beef Carpaccio

Really good carpaccio is delicious!

WTE
12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
your wifes people and my people are the same.
to clarify what I said was,
" brisket used to be a cheap cut of meat until they discoverd jews were the ones buying it, so they raised the price"
ask your wife how she feels about that before you condemn me, or allow these zamhaters to influence your thinking.

Very good Zambini! But Zambini sounds very Italian to me. Are you an Italian Jew?

Chef Zambini
12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
zambini was a character I developed as a costumed waiter, the great zambini, trapeze artist extraordinaire.
his brother, chef luigi, worked in the kitchen.
I played both roles.
I am not italian.

Thnikkaman
12-28-2012, 07:54 AM
are you too evolved to drink a blended scotch?

Not at all, just haven't found many that are as good as a single malt. Again chef banbini, I'll try anything once.

Chef Zambini
12-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I like oban, but I am content with Dewars.
a single malt, with a single ice cube to bloom the aroma, with a cigar, after a meal,
all too pretentious to me. but I sold the scenario to countless patrons back in the day.
honestly, I would rather have a nice port, and some proper accompaniments.

slim
12-28-2012, 11:20 AM

I often wonder about people that do stupid shit like that. The one that really irritates me is the people that put plates in their ears. Like, WTF are they thinking?

Nomad
12-28-2012, 12:44 PM

Why should he.....express yourself and Obama will take care of the rest;)

slim........as my grandma used to say, "Eat what you like, you only live once"

WTE
12-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Why should he.....express yourself and Obama will take care of the rest;)

slim........as my grandma used to say, "Eat what you like, you only live once"

My daddy used to say, "Take as much as you want but eat all that you take."

Nomad
12-28-2012, 12:50 PM
My daddy used to say, "Take as much as you want but eat all that you take."

My stepdad was the same way and don't let the silverware rub against your teeth as you put food in your mouth. Holy ****, the guy would go ballistic.

Chef Zambini
12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
try it, you might like it.
and
children are starving in china.

lets get them all out there !

whenever my brother or I had questions about our food opportunites my mothers standard rebuttle was,
"because we're poor."

WTE
12-28-2012, 01:03 PM
My stepdad was the same way and don't let the silverware rub against your teeth as you put food in your mouth. Holy ****, the guy would go ballistic.

Yep, and then if I couldn't finish he would always say, "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach," and then he would sit at the table with me until I finished every last bite.

Thnikkaman
12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Yep, and then if I couldn't finish he would always say, "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach," and then he would sit at the table with me until I finished every last bite.

And now the majority of Americans are obese

WTE
12-28-2012, 03:13 PM
And now the majority of Americans are obese

Oh God. You're becoming worse than a reformed smoker and recovering alcoholic.

Nomad
12-28-2012, 03:43 PM

That's pretty good, never hard that one before. Too bad I don't have that problem with my boys, I can't get them to eat enough, especially as much as they are PTing.

Thnikkaman
12-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh God. You're becoming worse than a reformed smoker and recovering alcoholic.

At least I'm not a patriots fan

WTE
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
At least I'm not a patriots fan

At least I'm not raising my family in Iowa.

Thnikkaman
12-28-2012, 08:06 PM
At least I'm not raising my family in Iowa.

No, you are raising your family in the north east where they take children

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 02:39 AM
At least I'm not raising my family in Iowa.where the corn is as high as an elephants eye?
I wanna raise my kids in humbolt.
"where they grow the grass that will kick your ass"
or maybe in Idaho.
"where the only place noisy is a town called Boise"

underrated29
12-29-2012, 02:50 AM
where the corn is as high as an elephants eye?
I wanna raise my kids in humbolt.
"where they grow the grass that will kick your ass"
or maybe in Idaho.
"where the only place noisy is a town called Boise"

I'm not trying to troll yo right now but wtf is this ?

Limerick? Sonnet? Crazy a mofo

Chef Zambini
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
crazy mofos late night musings.

PatriotsGuy
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
My dad used to say "your eyes are bigger than your belly" sometimes if I asked him what was for dinner he'd say "shit and sugar" or if I told him I was hungry he'd say "stick around, you'll get fed up"

he was a real card that guy