PDA

View Full Version : Any one else noticed who we have played?

LoyalSoldier
11-06-2007, 11:28 PM
For as bad as the record is has anyone else noticed how brutal our schedule turned out to be?

We lost to

Jags(5-3) [We played them when their starting QB was in]
Colts(7-1)
Chargers(4-4)
Packers(7-1)
Lions(6-2)

If you look at it our losses have been to a really tough set of opponents with a combined record of 29-9 (.763)

So for as far down as our unit is, the competition is brutal. Our SOS including the wins is a record of 41-21 (.661)

omac
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
For as bad as the record is has anyone else noticed how brutal our schedule turned out to be?

We lost to

Colts(7-1)
Chargers(4-4)
Packers(7-1)
Lions(6-2)

If you look at it our losses have been to a really tough set of opponents with a combined record of 29-9 (.763)

So for as far down as our unit is, the competition is brutal.

That's a very good point. :salute:

The other thing about it is that the Packers, Lions, and Jaguars (before the QB injury) are much stronger this year than they were last season. It doesn't excuse Denver's performance on defense, but none of these teams this season are easy wins.

Broncos Mtnman
11-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Good point, but in order to be a good team, you have to beat good teams.

However, considering the number of backups we've had to use this season due to injuries, it's understandable that we would struggle against those types of teams.

LoyalSoldier
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Good point, but in order to be a good team, you have to beat good teams.

However, considering the number of backups we've had to use this season due to injuries, it's understandable that we would struggle against those types of teams.

Oh I agree. Just I think the team may look worse that it really is just because we have faced extremely good teams with so many injuries on our side.

Broncos Mtnman
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh I agree. Just I think the team may look worse that it really is just because we have faced extremely good teams with so many injuries on our side.

I agree completely....

Medford Bronco
11-07-2007, 01:56 AM
We are far from a good team..and since the SD game at home last year
have not even come close to being a good team

The schedule has nothing to do with it IMHO

Even if healthy the run defense sucks and will suck all year long..

the offense when healthy could not score TDs and has consistently gone backward due to some injuries etc...

We suck, now what can we do to get better is the question?

not going 8-8 is going to help us or win the pathetic AFC West to get
absolutely demolished by a NE, Pitt, Indy, Cleveland, Jax (when healthy) or Tenn?

I am not saying lose on purpose. I am saying, play the kids and hope they get some exposure for next season and hopefully this will be a learning experience for them... Cutler hopefully is healthy and he needs to get in as many games as possible.. That is the only way he learns etc

sneakers
11-07-2007, 02:04 AM
I think at the beginning of the year many would have said that we should have beaten at least 2 or 3 of those teams we lost to.

BaiLeY324
11-07-2007, 07:32 AM
If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Not lose 44-7, or 38-20, or 23-10, or 41-3, or blow the first play in overtime. We suck.

broncosfanscott
11-07-2007, 09:22 PM
If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Not lose 44-7, or 38-20, or 23-10, or 41-3, or blow the first play in overtime. We suck.

So true. I know some of the teams we have played are stronger this year than last year, which makes our schedule a tough one, but I like it that way. I would rather play the good teams every year because it gives you a good idea of where you stand. You never really know how good you are when you have a good record with a week schedule.

BaiLeY324
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
So true. I know some of the teams we have played are stronger this year than last year, which makes our schedule a tough one, but I like it that way. I would rather play the good teams every year because it gives you a good idea of where you stand. You never really know how good you are when you have a good record with a week schedule.

See: 2006 Jets

TXBRONC
11-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I know the schedule is supposedly easier down the stretch hopefully that will work to our advantage.

broncosfanscott
11-08-2007, 03:53 AM
At least a little winning streak would be nice.

broncofanatic1987
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night...

The reality is, we struggled in the first two games against two lowly teams. The one good team we beat came back from a two touchdown deficit and we had to kick a last second game winning field goal to win at home.

The Broncos are a bad team this year. It doesn't matter what the combined record of their opponents is. If you have to take comfort in the fact that they are losing to good teams, you're simply admitting that the Broncos are not a good team. It's not because of injuries. They were a bad team before the injuries. Outside of Nalen and Walker, name a significant player that's out. Cutler doesn't count since he will be back for the next game. Moss doesn't count since he hasn't really done much except show signs of potential.

With eight games left, there is no game in which the Broncos can be labeled the clear favorite. Every game is a very losable game.

I think they would have a chance to at least get to 8-8 if they would open up the offense and put the game on Cutler's shoulders. The offense has a better chance of improving than the defense does.

Lonestar
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
At least a little winning streak would be nice.

we have a small chance if KC falls flat on their face this week and one game mini streak..

Lonestar
11-08-2007, 12:37 PM

The reality is, we struggled in the first two games against two lowly teams. The one good team we beat came back from a two touchdown deficit and we had to kick a last second game winning field goal to win at home.

The Broncos are a bad team this year. It doesn't matter what the combined record of their opponents is. If you have to take comfort in the fact that they are losing to good teams, you're simply admitting that the Broncos are not a good team. It's not because of injuries. They were a bad team before the injuries. Outside of Nalen and Walker, name a significant player that's out. Cutler doesn't count since he will be back for the next game. Moss doesn't count since he hasn't really done much except show signs of potential.

With eight games left, there is no game in which the Broncos can be labeled the clear favorite. Every game is a very losable game.

I think they would have a chance to at least get to 8-8 if they would open up the offense and put the game on Cutler's shoulders. The offense has a better chance of improving than the defense does.

Out standing post :salute:

LoyalSoldier
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Yet at the same time we were in the Indy game for much of the game, we were in the game against the Jags, and we were in the Packers game. We also beat the teams that many consider the 3rd best team in the AFC behind the Colts and the Pats.

Am I saying we really are a elite team that just needs to get it together? No.

What I am saying is that our SoS has been down right brutal. We have faced 6 winning teams, 2 teams at .500, and one losing team. 1 losing team all year so far! So with the injuries we have been having the problems we have had are amplified.

TXBRONC
11-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Yet at the same time we were in the Indy game for much of the game, we were in the game against the Jags, and we were in the Packers game. We also beat the teams that many consider the 3rd best team in the AFC behind the Colts and the Pats.

Am I saying we really are a elite team that just needs to get it together? No.

What I am saying is that our SoS has been down right brutal. We have faced 6 winning teams, 2 teams at .500, and one losing team. 1 losing team all year so far! So with the injuries we have been having the problems we have had are amplified.

The injury problems we have dealt with year have been killer. When you lose a starting defensive end and your starting left guard before the season even starts it puts you behind the :8ball:.

Dean
11-09-2007, 07:38 AM
The injury problems we have dealt with year have been killer. When you lose a starting defensive end and your starting left guard before the season even starts it puts you behind the :8ball:.

. . . not to mention a middle linebacker, a right cornerback, and a back-up RB. Lady Luck gave the Broncos a kick in the groin this off-season.:eek:

TXBRONC
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
. . . not to mention a middle linebacker, a right cornerback, and a back-up RB. Lady Luck gave the Broncos a kick in the groin this off-season.:eek:

I think she kicked the Broncos testicles right up into the back of their throats.

arapaho2
11-10-2007, 05:37 PM

We lost to

Colts(7-1)
Chargers(4-4)
Packers(7-1)
Lions(6-2)

So for as far down as our unit is, the competition is brutal. Our SOS including the wins is a record of 41-21 (.661)

it would be a good point about how our team really isnt that bad...had we not gotten manhandled by the jags and colts and completely blown away by the dolts and lions

LoyalSoldier
11-11-2007, 02:26 AM
it would be a good point about how our team really isnt that bad...had we not gotten manhandled by the jags and colts and completely blown away by the dolts and lions

Yet if you think about it we were in the game against the Jags and Indy for most of the game. We had a chance to win the game after the Jags fumbled at the 1 yard line.

rcsodak
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM

So the fact that the team can't beat good teams is supposed to make the losses better?:confused:

That's the thing about the NFL and their scheduling. Other than playing the divisional teams 2X, it changes every year. That way, nobody is able to use the 'bias' card on how tough their opponents were, versus other teams.

You play who's on your schedule.

Getting beat by playoff teams and beating non-playoff teams will most likely end you up in the same spot as the latter. And rightly so.

lex
11-13-2007, 10:52 AM

We lost to

Colts(7-1)
Chargers(4-4)
Packers(7-1)
Lions(6-2)

Yeah, I have noticed. In calculating our draft position its really apparent. Currently there are nine 4-5 and we would draft last of those teams due to it being decided by opponentes winning %.