PDA

View Full Version : How many yards will Knoshon Rush for tonight

underrated29
08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Pretty easy.

**edit- overall combined yards, rush and rec.

Here are some factors to keep in mind.

1- know is a rook and will play a lot to get more experience.
2- we will only have bucky,hillis,knowshon, and the 2 rooks who wont make the team play. So in other words knowshon should get a lot of looks.
3- JMD said that the starters will be playing a fair amount longer, so knowshon will also have the #1 units to help him.

I am going with 89 yards.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
53 yards I'm guessing.

Chris90210
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/61/615580.jpg
he will put on as many as he wants:salute:

in #22 we trust

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't expect that he'll come a lot yards unless he breaks a long on either a run or a pass. There are several back that will be getting reps don't forget that Buckhalter, Hillis, Arrington, and even the guy that just signed will get some touches.

underrated29
08-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't expect that he'll come a lot yards unless he breaks a long on either a run or a pass. There are several back that will be getting reps don't forget that Buckhalter, Hillis, Arrington, and even the guy that just signed will get some touches.

Arrington got cut before tc, fyi.

:beer:

Dortoh
08-14-2009, 12:15 PM
one million.......

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Honestly I have not a clue but believe we will see alot of him.

broncogirl7
08-14-2009, 12:21 PM
76-100...I can't wait to see him play for us!

dogfish
08-14-2009, 01:29 PM
combined yards?

shit, at least 300. . . .

Ravage!!!
08-14-2009, 01:38 PM
combined yards?

shit, at least 300. . . .

:lol: Who are you combining him with?

dogfish
08-14-2009, 01:40 PM
:lol: Who are you combining him with?

his own bad self. . . . shit, that's a conservative estimate-- he could drop a couple hun more if they'd let him play the second half. . . .

BroncoTech
08-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm going to say Moreno will get about 40 yards and Hillis will have more yards. I base this on 2 quarters playing time.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Arrington didn't even make OTAs...he failed his physical.

Knowshon...more than 50 yards.

On 2 carries.

For the game. 8 for 123 and 3 TDs.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 02:45 PM
hopefully...........enough !:D

camdisco24
08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I was thinking 80 or so, of course these preseason games won't be a perfect example of what we can expect for the season, I just cant wait to see him in a Broncos uniform doing work all over the niners D.

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 03:12 PM
He'll rush for as many yards as he wants to! :D

I figure he'll get bored around 100 yards and stop to save his energy for the regular season.

BroncoJoe
08-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Someone had to pick it.

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Oops I completely forgot.

Overtime
08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
he'll have 10 carries for 21 yards, which will be a premonition of how his career will turn out in Denver, because he'll be the biggest bust since Kansas City drafted Greg Hill, and a wasted draft pick, and a waste of however many million dollars.

he didn't earn the nickname NO-SHOW MORENO by doing anything spectacular that's for sure.

so ya, there ya have it.

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 04:08 PM
he'll have 10 carries for 21 yards, which will be a premonition of how his career will turn out in Denver, because he'll be the biggest bust since Kansas City drafted Greg Hill, and a wasted draft pick, and a waste of however many million dollars.

he didn't earn the nickname NO-SHOW MORENO by doing anything spectacular that's for sure.

so ya, there ya have it.

Why do you hate this kid? Did he sleep with your girlfriend or something?

This "no-show" THRASHED LSU's defense as a sophomore and THRASHED Florida's defense as a FRESHMAN! So he had a few off games in college. Who cares?

He played in the freaking SEC! They by far have the best defense in college football and will have their fair share of games in which they shut down opposing offenses. Plus, it's not like Georgia had the best o-line in the world either.

If you're going to hate on him at least know the facts. Just because McDaniels didn't draft the guy you wanted doesn't mean the guy he got sucks.

Have you just ignored all the reports out of camp that say he is looking outstanding? McDaniels said after his FIRST practice that he was ready to play against SF, high praise from a coach who has been pretty critical of the rookies in his pressers.

I hate to call someone ignorant but you are letting your anger from McD not drafting the guy you want cloud your judgment and for lack of a better word, I think you are just ignorant as to how good a player he is.

underrated29
08-14-2009, 04:15 PM

so ya, there ya have it.

I think you are kidding....Aren't you?:huh:

If not you have no clue...

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I think you are kidding....Aren't you?:huh:

If not you have no clue...

No, he's not kidding. He's been spouting this crap for several weeks now that I've seen. He honestly believes it to the best of my knowledge.

Overtime
08-14-2009, 04:23 PM
no im not kidding. Moreno will BE A BUST!

we shoulda drafted Jevon Wringer or that Greene kid out of Iowa, but no we went and got Mr. Disappears in Big Games when it counts the most.

LSU's def wasn't all that great that year, and the year he shredded Florida, they weren't all that great.

NO-SHOW SUCKS!

underrated29
08-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I was not a fan of javon ringer at all. I do like shawn greene, but guess what, we already have one. His name is peyton hillis.---with less mileage.

And dude you can not spot talent or scout talent at all.

I think you would agree that we have probably the hardest schedule a team could have. And if Knowhon can get close to 1k yards or IMO 1300 yards this year. Then he would not be a bust. And you can Just imagine what he will be like next year, with a season under his belt and a softer schedule.

Sorry buddy, but on this one you are wrong.

Jaws
08-14-2009, 04:31 PM
73 yards predicted.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 04:57 PM
He'll have all the yards. Tossing, receiving, running, you know how it goes. He's the best player we've had on the team since Dan Neil so you better get a couple bottles of beer to enjoy this rampage.

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 05:02 PM
He'll have all the yards. Tossing, receiving, running, you know how it goes. He's the best player we've had on the team since Dan Neil so you better get a couple bottles of beer to enjoy this rampage.

Don't forget he's gonna get all our FG's and extra points too. He'll probably also lead our defense in tackles.

Actually, strike that. He is too good to let us get field goals and extra points. Nothing but touchdowns and two point conversions for us tonight!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 05:02 PM
If I were Knowshon, and if I didn't get at least 20 touches tonight -- I'd demand a trade.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 05:36 PM

we shoulda drafted Jevon Wringer or that Greene kid out of Iowa, but no we went and got Mr. Disappears in Big Games when it counts the most.

LSU's def wasn't all that great that year, and the year he shredded Florida, they weren't all that great.

NO-SHOW SUCKS!

what a load of crap,he was considered the best rb in the draft . (thats period )
so you are basically saying that every scout,coach so-called expert are not only wrong but waaaaaaaaaaay wrong.
i like the odds that you are way off not hundreds of people who work in the field.:tsk:

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM

NO-SHOW SUCKS!

You have already been proven wrong on that one several times. Most people don't trust your ability to evaluate talent.

dogfish
08-14-2009, 08:08 PM

NO-SHOW SUCKS!

geez, cherry-pick much?

oh, this game doesn't count, and that game doesn't count-- because that doesn't support my argument. . .

so, if you don't count teams like LSU and florida, exactly how many "big games" has he even played in? two? maybe three?

yea. . . not exactly a great basis for making sweeping statements about the consensus top back in his draft class. . .

oh well. . . you better get it all out now, because oncew we're a month or two into the season you won't be able to talk shit about moreno any more. . .

Dean
08-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Appears to only be two winners though he did look good carrying the ball.

Now, the bigger story is how long is he out for.

Overtime
08-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Appears to only be two winners though he did look good carrying the ball.

Now, the bigger story is how long is he out for.

with any luck it'll be the entire season.

BroncoWave
08-15-2009, 03:26 PM

And with any luck your internet will crash so we don't have to read any more of your ridiculous spewage about Moreno.

Some fan you are wishing injury on one of your own players for the entire season.

honz
08-15-2009, 03:34 PM

Rain, rain, go away...come again some....

...nevermind, scratch that last part.

T.K.O.
08-15-2009, 08:12 PM

i cant figure out if you were beatin too much or too little as a child ?
(actually i dont condone hitting children for any reason ,but i might have struggled with this kid);)

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 09:46 PM

Go root for someone else.

TXBRONC
08-15-2009, 09:55 PM

I'll go with SportsGuru on this one, you're not a fan of the Broncos if you want the players or the team to fail.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 10:51 AM
I am a fan, but I just hate No-Show Moreno, but you'll all find out why come the start of the season. He won't even crack 500 yards this season, guaranteed.

the kid sucks ass.

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I am a fan, but I just hate No-Show Moreno, but you'll all find out why come the start of the season. He won't even crack 500 yards this season, guaranteed.

the kid sucks ass.

Why does he suck?

underrated29
08-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I
suck ass.

This i am starting to believe. Like a fan of the broncos i dont root against any of them. Same for here, i dont root against any of us members that are bronco fans. But with posts like that i am starting to come around to the thought.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Why does he suck?

because when it's a big game, the kid shrivels up into a ball and fails to appear. he can only run against teams that have no real defense. when he's up against a real defense, he can't do squat. he's overrated, and he's been overhyped ever since he was at Georgia. that's why.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 11:42 AM
because when it's a big game, the kid shrivels up into a ball and fails to appear. he can only run against teams that have no real defense. when he's up against a real defense, he can't do squat. he's overrated, and he's been overhyped ever since he was at Georgia. that's why.

His 27 carries for 101 yards against Tennessee, 21 carries for 163 yards and a TD against LSU, 22 carries for 131 yards against Auburn and 22 carries for 123 yards and 3 TDs against Kentucky, kind of speak against that notion...but, hey...your opinion is your opinion.

Rooting for someone to be injured is kind of sad, though.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Kentucky??? what? i could run for that many yards against Kentucky, and I'm a 29 year old white boy with a jacked up hip.

Tennessee hasn't been anything special in I don't know how long. Same with Auburn.

only notable is LSU.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, SEC defenses are just a walk in the park, aren't they...

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Do you know ANYTHING about the SEC? They ALL have pretty good defenses. Some are better than others but compared to the rest of the nation, the SEC plays the best defense by far.

Great example, Ole Miss was a middle of the road SEC team last season and they absolutely DOMINATED Texas Tech's vaunted offense in that game.

Once again, if you don't think back to back 1300 yard rushing seasons in the SEC is impressive (as a freshman and sophomore no less) then you clearly don't get it and it's a waste of anyone on here's time to continue to discuss it with you.

And here's a history lesson for you. There have been 2 Georgia running backs to rush for 1000 yards in back to back seasons: Herschel Walker and Knowshon Moreno. Make of that what you will.

And against an LSU team with the 17th ranked rush defense in college football last season, he shredded them for 163 yards, so that debunks your "he only shows up against bad teams" theory.

Also at Arizona State who ranked 35th on rush defense (which is in the top quarter of FBS teams) he nailed them for 149 yards.

I'll say it again, when pretty much every single scout and every single fan thinks one thing and you think another, you should probably step back and examine how correct your opinion really is.

But please, show me ONE valid scouting report that backs your opinion and MAYBE your argument will hold a drop of water. Please, just ONE scouting report.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Bailey, I don't waste my time reading scouting reports. After all these are the same scouting reports, that said Tom Brady would never be more than a 3rd string backup.

now the guy sports 3 rings...theory debunked.

Scouting reports are a W.A.G at best...(Wild Ass Guess).

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
OT, just promise that you will still show your face on the boards once Moreno starts putting up big numbers this year. That's all I ask. You are going to look mighty stupid for spewing this garbage once the regular season gets started up.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 12:09 PM
OT, just promise that you will still show your face on the boards once Moreno starts putting up big numbers this year. That's all I ask. You are going to look mighty stupid for spewing this garbage once the regular season gets started up.

i'll still be here. you can bank on that. but don't expect me to gush and goo-goo gah gah over the kid.

if he makes Rookie of the Year, then maybe I'll jump on board.

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 12:23 PM

my goodness this is retarded.... (no offense)

LSU ranked #17th in the country in rushing yards allowed, Tennessee ranked 12th, Georgia Tech ranked 24th, Arizona St ranked 35th... Knowshon rushed over 90+ vs all these teams just last year alone... are these not big games?

in 2007 Florida had the 10th overall rush defense in the nation and knowshon put up 188 yards against them

do a little research before posting ignorance... thanks!

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 12:31 PM
my goodness this is retarded.... (no offense)

LSU ranked #17th in the country in rushing yards allowed, Tennessee ranked 12th, Georgia Tech ranked 24th, Arizona St ranked 35th... Knowshon rushed over 90+ vs all these teams just last year alone... are these not big games?

in 2007 Florida had the 10th overall rush defense in the nation and knowshon put up 188 yards against them

do a little research before posting ignorance... thanks!

I'm guessing he's either doing the gator chomp on Saturdays, or yelling roll tide...but that's just a guess.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm guessing he's either doing the gator chomp on Saturdays, or yelling roll tide...but that's just a guess.

Agreed. At least I really hope so because surely someone can't possibly be so misinformed and just plain ignorant about a player. And the fact that he wishes season ending injury upon him really makes me think that he's a UT or a Gator fan. (no offense to the good UT and Gator fans, but I'm just trying to come with a reason as to why he hates the kid so much.)

But seriously OT, tell us why you seem to hate him as a person so much and wish injury upon him? It's not his fault the Broncos drafted him. Why not be an actual fan of the team and root for the guy we are spending 23 million bucks on to become a great back for us. I just can't see for the life of me why someone would root AGAINST a player who by all accounts is a great kid and has the potential to be a great back for us. I just can't understand that mindset at all.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 12:38 PM

negative ghost rider. I'm an OU fan and a Notre Dame fan. I don't care about the SEC.

Overtime
08-16-2009, 12:42 PM
But seriously OT, tell us why you seem to hate him as a person so much and wish injury upon him? It's not his fault the Broncos drafted him. Why not be an actual fan of the team and root for the guy we are spending 23 million bucks on to become a great back for us. I just can't see for the life of me why someone would root AGAINST a player who by all accounts is a great kid and has the potential to be a great back for us. I just can't understand that mindset at all.

Did you watch the Georgia vs Alabama game last year? Did you watch the Georgia vs. Florida game last year?

if not, see if you can find someone who has it and you'll see why. I watched both games and the kid just gave up. He was missing wide open holes, and wasn't even trying. He's a quitter, and it will show through, when he fails to produce here. When the going gets tough, Moreno fails to get going.

that's why I hate this kid.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 01:02 PM
negative ghost rider. I'm an OU fan and a Notre Dame fan. I don't know anything about the SEC.

Edited for accuracy.

BroncoWave
08-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Did you watch the Georgia vs Alabama game last year? Did you watch the Georgia vs. Florida game last year?

if not, see if you can find someone who has it and you'll see why. I watched both games and the kid just gave up. He was missing wide open holes, and wasn't even trying. He's a quitter, and it will show through, when he fails to produce here. When the going gets tough, Moreno fails to get going.

that's why I hate this kid.

Then please, show us just ONE other written account that he is a quitter. Just one. Because if your opinion is all we have to go off of, I feel pretty safe believing pretty much everyone else who has ever watched him play.

broncohead
08-16-2009, 01:17 PM
It's fine to think someone is a bust. I thought Clady was soft and Foster like. I don't think Ayers will do well in the 3-4. But I still hope they prove me wrong because it will help the team. Clady is already dominating. Also wishing injury on someone is wrong let alone on the team you clame your a fan of.

Lonestar
08-16-2009, 01:41 PM
It's fine to think someone is a bust. I thought Clady was soft and Foster like. I don't think Ayers will do well in the 3-4. But I still hope they prove me wrong because it will help the team. Clady is already dominating. Also wishing injury on someone is wrong let alone on the team you claim your a fan of.

Actually wishing injury to anyone is a pretty scum bag thing to do..

to do so to someone on the team you profess to be a fan of is lower than pond scum..