PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 Power Rankings: SF #1 lol

nyuk nyuk
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Via BroncosForums News Wire (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/464495-2012-NFL-Power-Rankings-Week-16)

I'm sorry, but who do they think they're kidding? I see these guys as a house of cards with their QB situation; it reminds me of the Tebow streak, and IMO come playoffs the house of cards will collapse.

Mike
12-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Via BroncosForums News Wire (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/464495-2012-NFL-Power-Rankings-Week-16)

I'm sorry, but who do they think they're kidding? I see these guys as a house of cards with their QB situation; it reminds me of the Tebow streak, and IMO come playoffs the house of cards will collapse.

I think their QB is much better than Tebow was and will be a much better option for them than Smith was. I am looking forward to seeing the SF/Seattle game this weekend. Really there are a top 4-6 teams and all have pros/cons on being the best team in the league. Sunday night or not, NE still is the team to beat IMO.

weazel
12-18-2012, 12:56 PM

They just handily beat the team most think is #1. If it weren't for slowing down and playing prevent for 15 minutes they would have beat them by 40.

slim
12-18-2012, 12:57 PM
so who do think is #1 then?

Denver :listen:

claymore
12-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I think their QB is much better than Tebow was and will be a much better option for them than Smith was. I am looking forward to seeing the SF/Seattle game this weekend. Really there are a top 4-6 teams and all have pros/cons on being the best team in the league. Sunday night or not, NE still is the team to beat IMO.

Kapernick (SP?) is the QB everyone wants Tebow to be. SF deserves to be in the #1 spot.

slim
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Kapernick (SP?) is the QB everyone wants Tebow to be. SF deserves to be in the #1 spot.

They have played St. Louis twice....one loss and one tie.

I think you have to hold that against them.

weazel
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM

lol I was hoping he wasn't.

CrazyHorse
12-18-2012, 01:01 PM
They'll drop after they lose to the Seahawks this week.

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I like how they drop NE behind 2 teams they beat.

turftoad
12-18-2012, 01:02 PM
They'll drop after they lose to the Seahawks this week.

Now thats going to be a good game!

weazel
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM
SF will beat SEA... everyone all of a sudden believes in the seahawks because they ran up the score on two of the worst teams in the league? P-lease

slim
12-18-2012, 01:09 PM

Well, they have 4 losses. Kind of hard to make a case for them to be higher.

MasterShake
12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Everyone but NFL.com had us at #1 or #2. I don't put too much stock into that, but I think we are definitely upper echelon.

Mike
12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
SF will beat SEA... everyone all of a sudden believes in the seahawks because they ran up the score on two of the worst teams in the league? P-lease

I think so too, but given that Denver hasn't exactly been beating the best teams in the league either....

I am looking forward to seeing how they handle a quality opponent.

slim
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Everyone but NFL.com had us at #1 or #2. I don't put too much stock into that, but I think we are definitely upper echelon.

Very little difference between the top 5 teams, IMO (Denver, Houston, Atl, NE and SF). I think you can make an argument for any of them.

CrazyHorse
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM

I don't think so. The Seahawks have beaten decent teams in NE, GB, Chi, and MN. They only lost to SF by a TD. I think their home field advantage gives them the edge.

CrazyHorse
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Very little difference between the top 5 teams, IMO (Denver, Houston, Atl, NE and SF). I think you can make an argument for any of them.

I think the Broncos are the most balanced. No one else has a top 5 offense and defense.

slim
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I think the Broncos are the most balanced. No one else has a top 5 offense and defense.

I agree. Right now they are the best team in the league, IMO.

Of course I am baised :D

TXBRONC
12-18-2012, 01:20 PM

I like to especially since they lost at home to a team there were still expected to beat.

weazel
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
it's all about matchups... I dont think NE can beat SF but we could. But I dont think we can beat NE.
I think all three beat HOU

slim
12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
it's all about matchups... I dont think NE can beat SF but we could. But I dont think we can beat NE.
I think all three beat HOU

I think we can, especially at Mile High. Our defense has improved dramatically throughout the year and I think we can at least slow them down.

But they are still the scariest team we will face in the playoffs.

CrazyHorse
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Why is everybody so afraid of the Patriots? We beat them before with Kyle Orton and Jake Plummer at QB.

slim
12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Why is everybody so afraid of the Patriots? We beat them before with Kyle Orton and Jake Plummer at QB.

Their offense is crazy good. SF slowed them down a little, but the Pats really killed themselves in that game.

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Their offense is crazy good. SF slowed them down a little, but the Pats really killed themselves in that game.

Yeah and Gronk will be back for the playoffs

slim
12-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Yeah, that dude kills everyone.

I hate him.

CrazyHorse
12-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Yes, but will he be effective? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers knock out the Patriots provided they're the 6th seed.

Mike
12-18-2012, 01:39 PM

I think Fox's idea is to try and build a defense like SF and NYG. Those front sevens give Brady fits. We are on the way but still feel we are a MLB and DT away.

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes, but will he be effective?

I don't see why he wouldn't be.

slim
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I think Fox's idea is to try and build a defense like SF and NYG. Those front sevens give Brady fits. We are on the way but still feel we are a MLB and DT away.

Yeah, they need to move Wolfe inside and roll with Doom and Ayers on the edges (and of course Von). But we will need to get more pressure up the middle.

underrated29
12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
We can take the pats no prob.

We just barely lost to the pats. The pats had to have a near perfect game to beat us. Lets re-examine shall we.

1. Dropped wide open pass by mcgahee on 4th and short.
2. Two fumbles inside OUR OWN 20 Yard line- which the pats recovered.
3. DT fumbling in their redzone- the 5 yard line.
4. Two Conversions of 3rd and 15+ that the pats converted- Like that is going to happen again.
5. Another fumble from us- that the pats recovered.
6. It was our 3rd? 4th? Game of the season- we are much better now-
7. We had Joe Mays starting at LB.- Now we have brooking, WWIII, and DJ all back and balling!
8. I believe we were missing our ProBowl G in Kuper for that game as well.

Despite all of that the pats, barely escaped with a victory. It took a near perfect game, some major luck, and a bit of bellicheck cheating (im sure he did somewhere somehow) to win. Those things are NOT all going to happen and go their way next time.

topscribe
12-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Does anyone remember how Denver's starters took apart SF's starters in the
preseason? I realize that was just the preseason, but still . . .

MasterShake
12-18-2012, 03:47 PM

I do, but if I went by that logic then it throws out my point about being able to beat the Pats because it was so early on. Plus if that was true that preseason mattered I'd hate to see what Wilson and the Seahawks would do to us in the Superbowl if it came to that. They torched us that game in the preseason.

I like to think that good teams like San Fran and Denver evolve and get better as the season goes on and the same matchup would be different later on.

topscribe
12-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I do, but if I went by that logic then it throws out my point about being able to beat the Pats because it was so early on. Plus if that was true that preseason mattered I'd hate to see what Wilson and the Seahawks would do to us in the Superbowl if it came to that. They torched us that game in the preseason.

I like to think that good teams like San Fran and Denver evolve and get better as the season goes on and the same matchup would be different later on.
Except for Denver took apart the Pats in the 4th quarter of that game, when
they finally got it together.

And the Seahawks' scrubs beat the Broncos' scrubs. IIRC, the starters didn't
play but very little in that game.

As I said, it was just the preseason. But it is a sign to me, if only that.

BroncoNut
12-18-2012, 03:57 PM

no you don't

BroncoNut
12-18-2012, 03:59 PM

did anyone else notice that DJ Williams is becoming a bit of a porker? he looked to me like he might have gained a few non muscle pounds

topscribe
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Can't speak for the other team, but maybe they were looking at the fourth quarter of the Denver game . . .

topscribe
12-18-2012, 04:03 PM
did anyone else notice that DJ Williams is becoming a bit of a porker? he looked to me like he might have gained a few non muscle pounds
Didn't notice that, but maybe I wasn't observative enough.

I did notice, though, how he was closing on Pitta on that TD run. I found that impressive.

nyuk nyuk
12-18-2012, 04:08 PM

I'm not quite sure about this one, but I just don't see SF as really deserving the spot.

nyuk nyuk
12-18-2012, 04:09 PM

Yes, I was at that game. Our first team handled them quite easily. It was the 3rd team defense that gave up that win.

CoachChaz
12-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Just an FYI...the Giants were ranked 12th in the Power Rankings going into the playoffs last year. Pats were 4th.

Two years ago, the Packers were 9th and the Steelers were 5th.

None of it really matters

MasterShake
12-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Just an FYI...the Giants were ranked 12th in the Power Rankings going into the playoffs last year. Pats were 4th.

Denver was #1 in 98/99 and they made it count! :lol:

nyuk nyuk
12-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Except for Denver took apart the Pats in the 4th quarter of that game, when
they finally got it together.

Thx for the reminder.

BroncoNut
12-18-2012, 04:18 PM
the thing is is that the Denver-pats game was alot like the SF-pats game. both early and big leads by the victors and 4 quarter rallies by the losing teams.

my point? Well, I guess I forgot it if I even had one.

Poet
12-18-2012, 04:20 PM

The Giants also destroyed them at home. That game was over after the first quarter.

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Yeah I know but it gives us something to do during slow times at work and stuff.

BroncoNut
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Didn't notice that, but maybe I wasn't observative enough.

I did notice, though, how he was closing on Pitta on that TD run. I found that impressive.

yeah top, it was just by sight only. He just looked a little chubby to me. maybe he was always like that.

claymore
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM

I dont hold divisional losses against lesser opponents. Divisional games are always different IMO.

Nomad
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
I dont hold divisional losses against lesser opponents. Divisional games are always different IMO.

Yep! No such thing as a divisional trap game.....none. I believe the Chiefs will play the BRONCOS tough again on week 17.

SF/SEA should be a damn good game.

MasterShake
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Yep! No such thing as a divisional trap game.....none. I believe the Chiefs will play the BRONCOS tough again on week 17.

SF/SEA should be a damn good game.

Well it wasn't a good game, but Seattle exposed San Fran.

I love that the Broncos have something to play for on Sunday and that its against a division opponent. Its nice to have a meaningful game so late in the season when other teams are thinking about resting players for the playoffs or just getting ready for the offseason.

I never thought Denver would make the turnaround this quick. At the very least we can be a second seed. And you have to remember Indy could knock off Houston. They are playing well at home and their coach comes back this week.

Poet
12-24-2012, 05:55 PM
The Niners beat the Patriots and then get blown out by the Hawks. The Giants blew out the Niners earlier. The Niners blew the Packers out.

In other words, if you're a good team, you can beat anyone. You never really know.