PDA

View Full Version : Good sign from this team.

gregbroncs
12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
What impressed me about the Baltimore game.

I consider the Ravens a borderline dirty team. They do everything possible to get in offensive players heads. Hits borderline late, talking a lot of shit, standing up while pushing an offensive player down and other things I think make them a dirty overall team.

That said in this game the Broncos did not back down. They stood up to them and got in their face when they did it. Repeatedly their were confrontations and arguments started by the Bronco players due to dirty play shown by this Ravens team. In years past it has bother me that some of the players on our team were just willing to take it from them and back down.

There were a lot of things to be happy about in this game. But this is one thing I noticed that I was happy about.

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
beat the shyte out of them on the scoreboard.
that bully crap is horseshit, guys like ramirez fall prey to it.
just make the paly on the next snap and let them get the penalty yards !

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
good sign?
I think the scoreboard is a good sign !

gregbroncs
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
beat the shyte out of them on the scoreboard.
that bully crap is horseshit, guys like ramirez fall prey to it.
just make the paly on the next snap and let them get the penalty yards !Bullying is a huge part of football. It is a good mental tactic to get in the heads of offensive players. And the Ravens have used it for years in every game they play. The fact that this team did not fall for it this time around is a great sign. And like somebody else said there can be more than one good sign in a game. Which I pretty much said in the OP.

Mike
12-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Back on topic. And as my parents still tell me....if you don't have anything nice to say....

Northman
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
It is interesting but I missed the penalty that boldin got. But apparently according to local commentators here they said he had a massive cheap shot. Did anyone catch this or remember what he did?

Mike
12-17-2012, 12:30 PM
It is interesting but I missed the penalty that boldin got. But apparently according to local commentators here they said he had a massive cheap shot. Did anyone catch this or remember what he did?

Yeah, he blindsided one of our guys (Carter I think?) away from the play.

Northman
12-17-2012, 12:32 PM

Ah. Yea they were really giving him grief about it so I was wondering what happened to draw that kind of ire.

Mike
12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Ah. Yea they were really giving him grief about it so I was wondering what happened to draw that kind of ire.

It fair pissed me off. But is what I expect out of the Ravens.

rationalfan
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM

I consider the Ravens a borderline dirty team. They do everything possible to get in offensive players heads. Hits borderline late, talking a lot of shit, standing up while pushing an offensive player down and other things I think make them a dirty overall team.

That said in this game the Broncos did not back down. They stood up to them and got in their face when they did it. Repeatedly their were confrontations and arguments started by the Bronco players due to dirty play shown by this Ravens team. In years past it has bother me that some of the players on our team were just willing to take it from them and back down.

There were a lot of things to be happy about in this game. But this is one thing I noticed that I was happy about.

i like your point, but unless you're on the field i really don't think you or i have any idea who's starting these arguments.

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm glad we weren't intimidated by the Ravens, but I have no qualms with the Ravens attempting to do so. It's football, intimidation is part of the game.

Gimpygod
12-17-2012, 03:49 PM
i like your point, but unless you're on the field i really don't think you or i have any idea who's starting these arguments.

err, really rational observation ... you're like Spock with head trauma. Durp

smith49
12-17-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm glad we weren't intimidated by the Ravens, but I have no qualms with the Ravens attempting to do so. It's football, intimidation is part of the game.

Yah you have to intimidate with your mouth these days cause you sure cant hit anyone anymore to intimidate.

Italianmobstr7
12-17-2012, 03:56 PM

After their RB was run out of bounds and play was over, he ran up behind Chris Harris & blindsided him.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 05:30 PM
The Ravens are dirty? This isn't Pop Warner.......

rationalfan
12-17-2012, 08:03 PM

err, really rational observation ... you're like Spock with head trauma. Durp

Meh

shank
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
After their RB was run out of bounds and play was over, he ran up behind Chris Harris & blindsided him.

i was proud of harris' reaction though - quite contrary to the OP - he just took the cheap shot, looked at the ref and asked for his flag. he didn't retaliate and get an offsetting penalty or something stupid. keeping boldin catchless was plenty enough revenge for me for the cheap shot.

Chef Zambini
12-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I admire and appreciate the player who avoids retaliation with words or non football deeds.
the guys that go back to the huddle and then make a clean statement with their play on the next snap are the ones that have my respect!
thats a TEAM guy ! a guy who wont risk a rtaliation foul for the sake of his ego !

TXBRONC
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM

I'm almost as pleased with how they stood their ground as I was with the win.

TXBRONC
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM

You got to be kidding. You can figure out who started the shit between Decker and Cary Williams?

Bacchus
12-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Broncos play with attitude i do not think you'll have to worry about them being intimidated by anyone.

gregbroncs
12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Broncos play with attitude i do not think you'll have to worry about them being intimidated by anyone.I know. That was sort of my point. They have been a team that got intimidated in the past. Especially by hard nose defensive teams like Baltimore.

Bacchus
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I know. That was sort of my point. They have been a team that got intimidated in the past. Especially by hard nose defensive teams like Baltimore.

Yep, I was agreeing with you.