PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Tamme

MHCBill
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
What was up with Tamme yesterday? He wasn't on the field much for offense... saw him a couple times, but he was playing special teams. If he's on special teams, I doubt he was hurt, so was he demoted yesterday for some reason.

Anyone hear anything?

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I hope he is healthy. our O did not miss him. maybe he is just the 2 TE option.
BTW, very brave of you to start a thread about a guy who hardly played.
I cant imagine the outrage if i had done something so senseless.
assinine for me to express concern about a player.

weazel
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
interesting, maybe they just didnt use many 2 TE sets yesterday.

Zweems56
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I hope he is healthy. our O did not miss him. maybe he is just the 2 TE option.
BTW, very brave of you to start a thread about a guy who hardly played.
I cant imagine the outrage if i had done something so senseless.
assinine for me to express concern about a player.

Oh, Zam, stop being such a martyr.

SR
12-17-2012, 11:41 AM

They used a lot less two TE sets than usual yesterday. Vic Lombardi and (I think) Bill Williamson were tweeting about it during the game. It seemed like Denver used a lot more three WR sets than usual also.

gregbroncs
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
interesting, maybe they just didnt use many 2 TE sets yesterday.I actually saw Green a lot more than normal yesterday. So they did play multiple TE's it just was not Tamme.

Edited: Because I put the wrong damn name. Oops.

Dzone
12-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Whos the 3rd TE? Virgil green?

Buff
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
He has looked a little nicked up in recent weeks. I noticed Virgil Green out there as a blocking TE a fair amount.

He is a #2 TE - so it's not all that alarming or surprising to see him lightly used some weeks. I wouldn't read into it too much...

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
thomas as a BLOCKER ! so the broncos were more concerned about protecting PFM, than providing him with an additional receiver.
also, we RAN the ball more than we threw it, this could easily account for tammes reduced time on the field.
I just hope its not a health issue.

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
i meant GREEN, green as a blocker. for some reason, I cant edit the applicable post.

MHCBill
12-17-2012, 01:30 PM
He has looked a little nicked up in recent weeks. I noticed Virgil Green out there as a blocking TE a fair amount.

He is a #2 TE - so it's not all that alarming or surprising to see him lightly used some weeks. I wouldn't read into it too much...Yea... I saw A LOT of Virgil Green out there. Maybe he's their "blocking" TE, but it was strange that Tamme was on special teams, if he's nicked up.

Just odd...

gregbroncs
12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Yea... I saw A LOT of Virgil Green out there. Maybe he's their "blocking" TE, but it was strange that Tamme was on special teams, if he's nicked up.

Just odd...I think it was a good point that he is our receiving TE and they were running a lot more than normal in this game. Probably a big factor in his lack of playing time.

BroncoNut
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I notice he was quiet yesterday. saw him on the field onece, but wasnt' really looking for him. Did see Green out there. Virgil that is.

rationalfan
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM
they use fewer two TE sets with stokely active and healthy.

BroncoNut
12-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I think the "2 Tight end Set" is misleading. are you sayiing there are 4 tight ends in play in 2 tight end sets?

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I think Tamme and Stokley have been interchangeable, when Tamme is a bigger part of the offense Stokley plays less and vice versa. For the lost part, anyway.......

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 09:03 PM
I think he was on the field more than you might think. I remember Vic Lombardi talking about two-tight end formations. I think the first two Broncos touchdowns drives (the whole drives) came almost exclusively with two-tight end formations.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 10:06 PM

They didn't from what I remember. IIRC Denver ran alot 3 wide sets.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
I think he was on the field more than you might think. I remember Vic Lombardi talking about two-tight end formations. I think the first two Broncos touchdowns drives (the whole drives) came almost exclusively with two-tight end formations.

The open drive three wide. On the drive where Denver got the field I think most of that was from three wide sets.

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
The open drive three wide. On the drive where Denver got the field I think most of that was from three wide sets.

And Lombardi's point the for the first three quarters was that the team was scoring and moving the ball using two tight ends and running between the tackles, and struggled in three wide. I thought he had a good point.

topscribe
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I actually saw Green a lot more than normal yesterday. So they did play multiple TE's it just was not Tamme.

Edited: Because I put the wrong damn name. Oops.
Well, that actually makes sense. They ran a lot. Tamme is more of a receiving
TE, whereas both Dreessen and Green are better blockers.

BroncoNut
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM

what do you mean by 2 tight end formations? diagram this for me please, tia :hi: