PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread: Denver @ San Francisco 8/14/09

Pages : [1] 2 3

sneakers
08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Yay!

We finally see what our new team can do!

broncogirl7
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
WooHoo! Goooooooooooooooooooo Broncos! Gotta go shopping and get some "gameday" goodies!

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
AHHHHH! Game thread! Best day of the offseason!

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Just like the players we need to work on our timing. :D

I haven't done a game day thread in over year so I'm little rusty. Anyway, while win isn't real important I do hope Denver will win but most importantly I hope this goes along in getting both sides of the ball comfortable with the new schemes and I hope we have no injuries. :defense:

Could I please get a sticky for this.

Tned
08-14-2009, 07:26 AM
The game should be insteresting. At first, I thought McDaniels was just being coy with the press, which he does a lot, by saying the starters were 'preparing' like they would play the whole game. However, yesterday or Wednesday, he elaborated and said that because of the new coaches, new players and new schemes, the starters would likely play much more than most teams.

So, while they might only go against SF's starters for a short period of time, it will be interesting to see how this team plays tonight.

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 07:31 AM
The game should be insteresting. At first, I thought McDaniels was just being coy with the press, which he does a lot, by saying the starters were 'preparing' like they would play the whole game. However, yesterday or Wednesday, he elaborated and said that because of the new coaches, new players and new schemes, the starters would likely play much more than most teams.

So, while they might only go against SF's starters for a short period of time, it will be interesting to see how this team plays tonight.

It makes sense.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow...gameday...

Tned
08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Wow...gameday...

It's not the regular season, but it's been a long off season, so I'm ready for ANY game.

Tned
08-14-2009, 08:14 AM
12 Hours, 46 Minutes, 17 Seconds to kickoff!!

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 08:15 AM
It's not the regular season, but it's been a long off season, so I'm ready for ANY game.

Yeah...me too...just feels kind of weird to be honest...but then again, I've been at football practice all week, so its not like this should be shocking.

Too bad I'll be looking for a Justin.tv link because my dumb cable company won't carry nfl network.

Flatinum
08-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Cold case of beer - $20.00
Bag of Thick cut Ruffles - $2.00
Wife out to dinner/movie w/friends - $50.00

Friday night on the couch watching a Broncos game (even preseason) - priceless.

Tned
08-14-2009, 08:16 AM
That sucks, especially since this year, two of the four preseason games are live on NFL Network.

Off to work. Catch you guys later.

LTC Pain
08-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Get some Broncos!!! :defense::nixon::protest:

broncofaninfla
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I've NEVER been so intrested in a preseason game before in all of my life. I have no idea what to expect from this years team and have so many questions about so many players. I've literally printed out a roster so I can keep up with who is who.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Wow. .. a gameday thread. .. how are you old friend? It's been a long time.

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Wow. .. a gameday thread. .. how are you old friend? It's been a long time.

Are you talking to sneakers or are you addressing the thread? :D

CoryWinget81
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I've been a Broncos fan my whole life....

...why does it feel like I've been waiting my whole life for tonight?

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 09:15 AM
I've been a Broncos fan my whole life....

...why does it feel like I've been waiting my whole life for tonight?

Maybe it's because it's been such a contentious off season. Then again maybe you watched the movie "Rudy" to many times. :D

Traveler
08-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Guess I'll have to set the DVR. Having a sleep study done tonight and will probably miss the game. Damn!

I hope this and other boards don't melt down if the team doesn't play well. From reading many of the posts this week, expectations seem to be quite high. Just remember if they play badly, it's only the first preseason game of the year and they are still trying to work out the kinks in the new system.

If they don't play badly, the aforementioned statement should still apply.

GO BRONCOS!

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Guess I'll have to set the DVR. Having a sleep study done tonight and will probably miss the game. Damn!

I hope this and other boards don't melt down if the team doesn't play well. From reading many of the posts this week, expectations seem to be quite high. Just remember if they play badly, it's only the first preseason game of the year and they are still trying to work out the kinks in the new system.

If they don't play badly, the aforementioned statement should still apply.

GO BRONCOS!

Oh, there will be people screaming bloody murder this week...probably would be best to avoid this place if Orton's only drive of the game results in not much.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 10:46 AM
i just wanted to stop by and say..........:woot:.......:wave:

Tned
08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Oh, there will be people screaming bloody murder this week...probably would be best to avoid this place if Orton's only drive of the game results in not much.

Based on what McDaniels has said, Orton could play a lot more than a single series, and the Broncos starters will play more than typically happens in the first preseason game. We'll know in a few hours.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Based on what McDaniels has said, Orton could play a lot more than a single series, and the Broncos starters will play more than typically happens in the first preseason game. We'll know in a few hours.

Unless Mike Evans has it wrong, not long ago on the local break on FM104.3thefan, he stated that Simms will see considerable action in the 2nd half.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 11:00 AM

i,m betting orton plays til we score twice....about 7 minutes:D

seriously i think he will play into the 2nd quarter then simms will get the rest of the 1/2 and the entire 3rd with brandstater getting the 4th.
i know mcD wants a long look at both orton and simms.
he recently said that "NO starters have been named for the reg season"
kind of a warning shot at orton as well as the rest of the team that they better get good and fast.
no matter what i am stoked that we get to watch the game live tonight,living in montana now i rarely get to see live broncos preseason games>:elefant::elefant::elefant:

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Unless Mike Evans has it wrong, not long ago on the local break on FM104.3thefan, he stated that Simms will see considerable action in the 2nd half.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Tned
08-14-2009, 11:07 AM
i,m betting orton plays til we score twice....about 7 minutes:D

seriously i think he will play into the 2nd quarter then simms will get the rest of the 1/2 and the entire 3rd with brandstater getting the 4th.
i know mcD wants a long look at both orton and simms.
he recently said that "NO starters have been named for the reg season"
kind of a warning shot at orton as well as the rest of the team that they better get good and fast.
no matter what i am stoked that we get to watch the game live tonight,living in montana now i rarely get to see live broncos preseason games>:elefant::elefant::elefant:

To give them a real good look, and also to protect Orton, they will need to play the rest of the starting offense. That's a tricky thing. You want them to get reps in the new system, but you probably don't want to risk injuries.

The defense, which will likely have 8 or 9 new starters (vs. 2 on offense), probably needs significantly more reps in preseason.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
To give them a real good look, and also to protect Orton, they will need to play the rest of the starting offense. That's a tricky thing. You want them to get reps in the new system, but you probably don't want to risk injuries.

The defense, which will likely have 8 or 9 new starters (vs. 2 on offense), probably needs significantly more reps in preseason.

from statements ive heard and the general attitude coming from camp. i really dont see mcD as a cautious guy.and i think he is trying to impress toughness on what has been a pretty soft team recently

maybe i,m reading him wrong but i believe he wants to see who's got the stuff and who does'nt ,so i think we will see the starters out there for a big chunk of the 1st half.
next week not so much,but right now he is a new coach with a new team and needs some film on his starters in game situations.
moreso than a coach who has spent previous seasons with the same guys....obviously.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
As many will not be able to watch the Broncos game - either on CBS4, or do not have NFL Network, I sent an email to CBS4, asking if they could bring it live online. The response back was no, the NFL would not allow them to do that.

So, I did some google research, and came up with the following. I know that members on here have provided the live stream on justin, but also found the following. Hope this helps those who have to go this way to watch the game tonight.

http://www.live-stream.net/index.html

http://www.ustream.tv/

http://www.justin.tv/

http://digg.com/football/Watch_Any_NFL_Game_For_Free_on_Your_PC_Live_Stream ing

http://www.gigstreams.com/

broncophan
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Enjoy the game tonight everyone!!!!
Will be nice to see the broncos once again on tv.
Has been a loooong offseason.....esp. since once again......I have had to suffer through another long losing season from my Pitiful Pirates...

GO BRONCOS!!!

Flatinum
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
That sucks, especially since this year, two of the four preseason games are live on NFL Network.

Off to work. Catch you guys later.

Add to that the fact that NBC is showing the Cutler return game in wk 3 and we have 3 live preseason games this year. Nice.

honz
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I have an *edit*

honz
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Sorry, poor judgment...what I meant to say is that I am very happy that the Broncos are going to be playing football again! :D

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I have an *edit*

Sorry, poor judgment...what I meant to say is that I am very happy that the Broncos are going to be playing football again! :D

:pound:

Sparkie
08-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Yep, it's been a long off-season ...
No TV coverage over here, so will be relying on this gameday thread and NFL.com.
Provided I'm awake, that is!! 10pm ET is 3AM Sparkie Time!! :madgrin:

GO BRONCOS !!!!
:salute: :defense: :tea:

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
6 hours 18 minutes ! wooo hoooo !!!!!!

BroncoTech
08-14-2009, 02:43 PM
This is a must win game if there ever was one in my opinion. If the team is getting it's swagger back it needs to start tonight. I'm thinking the first stringers are pretty evenly matched with SF, but we should see an advantage for us when they put Alex Smith in. Even if we have Simms in. I'm expecting a marginal win 21-17.

honz
08-14-2009, 02:48 PM
This is a must win game if there ever was one in my opinion. If the team is getting it's swagger back it needs to start tonight. I'm thinking the first stringers are pretty evenly matched with SF, but we should see an advantage for us when they put Alex Smith in. Even if we have Simms in. I'm expecting a marginal win 21-17.

Whatev. Alex Smith is a future HOFer.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Whatev. Alex Smith is a future HOFer.

Maybe the State of Utah Hall of Fame, or the Utah Athletics Hall of Fame...

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Couldn't be further from the truth. It's way more important that they start to play well as a team, play more physical, and avoid major injury. If we do all of those things tonight I will be happy. Couldn't care less if we win.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Couldn't be further from the truth. It's way more important that they start to play well as a team, play more physical, and avoid major injury. If we do all of those things tonight I will be happy. Couldn't care less if we win.

Just a small example of what you are going to see if its a bad game...I shudder at what "rides" on this stupid preseason game, that's going to ultimately be decided by a bunch of guys who probably won't be on the team.

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a small example of what you are going to see if its a bad game...I shudder at what "rides" on this stupid preseason game, that's going to ultimately be decided by a bunch of guys who probably won't be on the team.

Agreed. If we do lose I wonder what the odds are that we see a "Fire McDaniels" or "Trade Orton" thread pop up.

Jaws
08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Yep, it's been a long off-season ...
No TV coverage over here, so will be relying on this gameday thread and NFL.com.
Provided I'm awake, that is!! 10pm ET is 3AM Sparkie Time!! :madgrin:

GO BRONCOS !!!!
:salute: :defense: :tea:

I'm a wimp.
I'll be going to bed!

Preseason games being on so late, I've promised self I'm not going to be missing any sleep this year until regular season starts. Though I'll be sure to be looking for some highlights of the game at the crack of dawn.

GO BRONCOS!

:beer:

Sparkie
08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm a wimp.
I'll be going to bed!

Preseason games being on so late, I've promised self I'm not going to be missing any sleep this year until regular season starts. Though I'll be sure to be looking for some highlights of the game at the crack of dawn.

GO BRONCOS!

:beer:

Ooh Sharkie!
Your 1,111th post on BF!
Hopefully a prophetic stat for the Broncos season & preseason!!
Let's win 'em all!!!
:madgrin: :tea: :beer: :defense:

Tned
08-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Who will have the most yards out of the backfield tonight? How about the most catches?

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Who will have the most yards out of the backfield tonight? How about the most catches?

moreno & mckinley

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 04:19 PM
As many will not be able to watch the Broncos game - either on CBS4, or do not have NFL Network, I sent an email to CBS4, asking if they could bring it live online. The response back was no, the NFL would not allow them to do that.

So, I did some google research, and came up with the following. I know that members on here have provided the live stream on justin, but also found the following. Hope this helps those who have to go this way to watch the game tonight.

You are awesome Carol! I am quoting this so it will easier for me to find tonight :D

pnbronco
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM

Carol you are so special. I live here but when I'm out of town it's so hard knowing I can't watch a game. Thank you so much for all your hard work to keep bronco fans and fans of all the Denver sports up to date....:salute:

TXBRONC
08-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Royal will have the most catches and Hillis will have the most yards rushing.

Day1BroncoFan
08-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Game day already? Wow, cool!

Lonestar
08-14-2009, 05:59 PM
lets hope we see some aggressive play on all three sides of the ball..

would love to see some decent field position and a defense that came do some thing beside bending OVER and having it broken off..

and no turnovers on offense..

give me those three things and I do not care win lose or draw..

dogfish
08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Yay!

We finally see what our new team can do!

for at least twelve snaps-- maybe more if we're lucky. . . .

girler
08-14-2009, 06:53 PM

That's twelve snaps more than we've gotten in 8 months...

Which, coincidently, is enough time to conceive and birth a baby...

The Glue Factory
08-14-2009, 07:42 PM
So I'm trapped at work until 10 tonight and can't catch a live stream of the game. Any good game tracker sites out there?

Tned
08-14-2009, 07:47 PM
So I'm trapped at work until 10 tonight and can't catch a live stream of the game. Any good game tracker sites out there?

There might be a stream, but a few places are also doing live blogs. I'll see what I can dig up. Check back.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 08:06 PM
would it be rude of mcD to turn the high powered bronco offense loose for 55 points in a preseason game ?
:confused:
ooh ooh 53 minutes !

Tned
08-14-2009, 08:17 PM
39 minutes....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Pregame is on Ch 4 right now, and the guys feel the starters could play the first half.

Italianmobstr7
08-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Over one orange mane they're saying Mcdaniels has said himself that the starters will play "at least" the first half...

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 08:32 PM
i hate to say "i told ya so.....no wait ,i love to say that.....nevermind:D

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Here is a great stream...showing rams/jets now

http://www.dwert2.webs.com/s2backup.html

Tned
08-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Over one orange mane they're saying Mcdaniels has said himself that the starters will play "at least" the first half...

That's consistant with stuff he was saying the last day or two, which is that with so many new players, coaches and schemes, that they would likely play more than other teams do in the pre-season. He talked about how many players on the team had not been to Invesco or even been in a pro game (something like 27 rookies).

Tom Nalen
08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
If anyone is interested in an online stream you can watch it at channelsurfing.net

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 08:52 PM
ok guys - 1, 2, 3

are you ready for some broncos football

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 08:54 PM
GO BRONCOS! Yeah baby it's football time. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

BEERS, BRONCOS, BROADS AND BURGERS. BRATS TOO. BoOYAH!

Superchop 7
08-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Is Dawkins playing ?

horsepig
08-14-2009, 08:57 PM
ok guys - 1, 2, 3

are you ready for some broncos football

Hell, YEAH!

horsepig
08-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Is Dawkins playing ?

Nope.

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
i'm out folks...just closed my shop 2 minutes early....gonna get home with my huge pizza and fire up the broncocam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D1g1tal j1m
08-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Great feed of the game (http://www.justin.tv/sportsforu247)

Tom Nalen
I think we will see a more aggressive game due to the fact that these coaches both have something to prove. I am actually prepared to see a great game.

horsepig
I'm gonna be watching "Doom" and Fields in the middle. I really hope one of thede ex-Marine types can step in and be a STUD! in the middle o the defense.n

Or paroled felons, eh. Anyone, someone please!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:02 PM
It's been a long off-season folks. A long, long off-season -- but no more -- it's. . .

BRONCOS FOOTBALL TIME BABY!

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Whoah! NFL Network is showing the 49er's coverage. .. .one of their broadcasters has one hell of an Afro!

horsepig
08-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Got to get home for the game!
rEMINDS OF THAT STORY WHERE THE CABBY PICKS THE GUY UP AT THE hONOLULU aIRPORT.
The cabby's driven like a luny and the guy saqys,"Whats the deal?".
The cabby says, "I got to hurry to get hiome for Monday Afternoon Football!".

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Whoah! NFL Network is showing the Broncos coverage. .. .one of their broadcasters has one hell of an Afro!

Edited for accuracy :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Does anyone have the Denver feed link online, I have the 49ers one.

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:07 PM
If anyone is interested in an online stream you can watch it at channelsurfing.net

Denver or 49er announcers?

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice to see Matt Prater is still terrible. Nice job not bringing in any competition.

Requiem / The Dagda
JMFW and Barrett woo!

Denver Native (Carol)
Broncos should not have to worry about crowd noise - Reggie said maybe the stadium is 1/3rd full.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Andra Davis not lookin' good.

NightTrainLayne
Dooooooom!!!!!!

Tned
Doom gets a sack.

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense: Dumervill - SACK :salute:

BroncoWave
Doom!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Elvis Dumervil!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Hill just smacked Davis. Ayers almost got there.

Tom Nalen
08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
our run D looks way better than last year.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 09:15 PM
They're moving the chains, but two sacks on the drive.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Mike Nolan being aggressive with blitzes and rushes off the edge. I like it.

broncohead
08-14-2009, 09:16 PM
what was the LDE doing on that play? Was he supposed to crash down so hard?

Tned
Fields is a wide body, but he just whiffed on that play.

They are getting pressure, which is good, but they are still porous. Hopefully, time playing together will fix that.

BroncoWave
Not too bad for the first defensive drive. Could have been better but I'll take it.

MOtorboat
our run D looks way better than last year.

Gave up the big run to the rookie, but then stuffed him on the next. Is Gore hurt?

broncohead
One of those big passes to Davis looked like our Davis' zone. He just couldn't get there. To slow.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 09:17 PM
FG is OK

Requiem / The Dagda
Kenny Peterson jumping lineman to try and smack that ball!

broncohead
Fields is a wide body, but he just whiffed on that play.

They are getting pressure, which is good, but they are still porous. Hopefully, time playing together will fix that.

The DE should have helped. The LDE crashed down past fields. wtf

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Front seven looks pretty good all things considered.

We are going to get shredded against teams with elite TEs. I'm glad KC traded Tony.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Can't wait for our first play!

broncohead
08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Haggan doesn't look so good at OLB. Besides that one play he didn't show any pass rushing moves or explosiveness when blitzing.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:20 PM
go Kyle

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Here we go

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:21 PM
*Major League impression* We're gonna suck, I don't even know who half these guys are!

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
1-1

broncohead
Coming out in shotgun I like it

Requiem / The Dagda
Buckhalter, get out of there -- it's KNOWSHON TIME.

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice start, a couple nice passes, and a nice run by Moreno.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Hillis got owned.

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice move by Royal after that catch, used the other receiver to setup a pick.

broncohead
08-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Royal is a beast

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, burning early TO's was obviously a holdover from the Shanahan era...

LRtagger
looking good so far

Requiem / The Dagda
McDaniels yappin' at Knowshon, LMAO. "PUT ME IN COACH."

Tned
Hillis got owned.

What play?

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, burning early TO's was obviously a holdover from the Shanahan era...

+1 and right after a penalty too :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:27 PM
What play?

When he was lead blocking for Buckhalter and we got stuffed. His blocking was poo.

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Jordan is thicker than I remember.

broncohead
08-14-2009, 09:29 PM
When he was lead blocking for Buckhalter and we got stuffed. His blocking was poo.

Either Buck went to the wrong hole or Hillis did

LRtagger
ok jordan sucks

BroncoWave
Orton looking good! And Royal!

OrangeHoof
08-14-2009, 09:30 PM
It's like they are picking on Nate Clements.

LRtagger
Orton perfect so far...jay would already have 2 ints

Tned
Either Buck went to the wrong hole or Hillis did

On that play, one of them clearly did. He might have been talking about the run before that, where I think Buckhalter followed him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Gary Miller just said the Broncos have had a different formation on each play so far.

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Orton perfect so far...jay would already have 2 ints

Came close to a pick on that Gaffney incompletion.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
i love this ******* offense

BroncoWave
Jordan has no burst. Get Knowshon in there!

Requiem / The Dagda
Knowshon could have jumped that.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:33 PM
jordan runs like a big sopping vagina

BroncoWave
Well crap.

Tned
Bad throw.

LRtagger
GD it

NightTrainLayne
If that pass had just been closer inside it's a TD.

Orton just took too long. .. shades of Cutler there.

broncohead
Bad pass. Should have thrown it to the other sholder.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:34 PM
hillis was open

Requiem / The Dagda
Could have just ran it.

LRtagger
give hillis the ******* ball GD it

oh god i hate this commercial

OrangeHoof
Yeah, now that we got rid of that crybaby Cutler, we won't see those red zone interceptions all the time...

girler
08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Was that Plummer?

LoyalSoldier
For a second there I thought Orton actually looked good, then he made a boneheaded throw.

MOtorboat
Um, whoops...

Tned
If that pass had just been closer inside it's a TD.

Orton just took too long. .. shades of Cutler there.

Not only took too long, but was off target. If the ball was on target, rather than makng Graham lunge for it, it would have been a TD.

Tom Nalen
That was champ-esqe by Clemons.

dogfish
08-14-2009, 09:36 PM
thank god we got rid of jay cutler and all his red zone interceptions. . .

oh wait. . . . :lol: :lol:

(relax guys-- i'm just making a joke-- no need to start a holy war)

MOtorboat
How about the pressure...though...3 sacks in a drive and a play...

Tned
Hmmm, that Pitt reject came up with a sack.

D1g1tal j1m
Wow, I forgotted what a pass rush looked like..

sneakers
08-14-2009, 09:37 PM
That's it. season's over. Orton threw an interception

LRtagger
ok so we already have more sacks than all of last year

Requiem / The Dagda
McBeanskie with the sack. The ol' turd just got polished!

Tned
08-14-2009, 09:38 PM
How about the pressure...though...3 sacks in a drive and a play...

I'm not liking the big plays they gave up on the first drive, but I do like the pressure. Three sacks and several "almost got there" rushes.

Tempus Fugit
That's it. season's over. Orton threw an interception

Well, Orton had better learn that old DBs know how to feint with a step and then jump routes, or it will be.

D1g1tal j1m
Orton and the offense looked good going down the field. Had a bad throw on a route that was opened if he would have passed it as soon as the TE broke right. Otherwise I am optimistic that we will move the ball and score.

LRtagger
well it could always be worse...we could have shawn hill and alex smith battling it out for the starting spot

threefolddead
08-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey it looked like Ortons pass was tipped at the line. I'm watching it online so couldn't get a clear enough picture.

LRtagger
wait you are telling me tha we were good between the 20s and flopped in the red zone?????? let me guess, it is mcdaniels fault

NightTrainLayne
How did Champ miss that?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Not only took too long, but was off target. If the ball was on target, rather than makng Graham lunge for it, it would have been a TD.

The way Reggie Rivers described it was that Graham recognized the zone coverage, so he crouched down, hoping Orton would go elsewhere with the ball.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2009, 09:40 PM
How did Champ miss that?

Cause he's old and overrated. :lol:

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
phonz will have a kr/pr td this year book it

Tned
Did you guy see the articles about the "wedge" on kickoffs being outlawed in the NFL? On kickoff returns, no more than two guys can form the wedge, and all other players must be at least two yards away. Should make for fewer big kick returns and probably more pancaked returners.

LRtagger
i need more beer

Italianmobstr7
08-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Cause he's old and overrated. :lol:

Shut the hell up.

Tned
The way Reggie Rivers described it was that Graham recognized the zone coverage, so he crouched down, hoping Orton would go elsewhere with the ball.

He might be right, but Orton still threw it wide, rather than right at him.

Hillis is a weapon they have to get the ball to.

Denver Native (Carol)
There's Hillis :elefant:

NightTrainLayne
Nice run HIllis!

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:43 PM
hillissssssssssssss

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
oops

NightTrainLayne
Nice run Moreno!

BroncoWave
Moreno doin work!

LRtagger
moreno is a god

Tned
Moreno has a real nice burst. Maybe he doesn't have the top speed, from what people have said, but I can also see where they say he gets to full speed fast.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Moreno!

LRtagger
i love how he still pops up off the turf

Tned
Showing decent power there, considering he was stopped at the line or behind it.

Tned
Hillis, get Hillis the ball....

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:46 PM
wow scary pass there

NightTrainLayne
Oh Crap!

BroncoWave
Shit. I'm afraid Orton really may suck.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Is it fair to say so far that Orton looks for the primary receiver only??????

LRtagger
wtf

and bly to boot

Requiem / The Dagda
Orton playing out of a shotgun offense to make things easier for him to read and he still pulls shit like that? Garbage.

UnderArmour
Season is over. Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow?

Tom Nalen
Every throw Orton misses or throws an INT I cant help but to think if Jay coulda made the throw or not.

LoyalSoldier
Gee he is locking in on his receivers. He is not making good reads right now.

So far I am not impressed.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:48 PM
put in brandstater

dunk7
I miss Jay

Zweems56
Jesus christ. He can move the ball pretty well, but these picks aren't looking too good for us...

dogfish
the people who booed at the scrimmage are now throwing shit at their TVs. . . . :laugh:

Italianmobstr7
I think Kyle needs to chill... He's forcing stuff. Don't know if he's trying to price he's good or what but turnovers won't cut it w McDaniels.

broncohead

I was thinking the same thing

NightTrainLayne
It's just the 1st quarter of the 1st pre-season game, but both int's were obvious mistakes.

Broncos Mtnman

I think it would be safe to say that practice at Invesco wasn't a fluke...

dogfish

bradford please. . . .

D1g1tal j1m
08-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Orton not looking off the DB's. Brady is a master at that in this offense.

chanesaw
Why is anybody surprised?

LRtagger
jay made the same reads and bad throws, but his arm was strong enough that those balls wouldnt get intercepted

BroncoWave

I'll take Jevan Snead please. (If we need to draft a QB)

Broncos Mtnman
I miss Jay

bump

MOtorboat
I miss Jay

Yeah, instead of INTs on short passes, he made INTs on long passes.

War Jay Cutler.

Ugh, this season is going to suck...

ursamajor
No body better say anything on mania about Orton on 'Mania. Alastor will be dealing suspensions left and right.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 09:50 PM
bradford please. . . .

2nd that motion. .. but hopefully Orton gets it together.

dunk7
Let's see how Simms does...but right now I'm predicting 3-13 ;-)

LRtagger
well at least the defense looks good

last year two early ints it would already be 21-0

Dreadnought
08-14-2009, 09:51 PM
It's just the 1st quarter of the 1st pre-season game, but both int's were obvious mistakes.

And another that should have been picked, and a couple other bad throws. Gack - he looks like a total stiff. Not quite up to Patrick Ramsey level.

I like Knowshawn though.

BroncoSojia
I'll take Jevan Snead please. (If we need to draft a QB)

How? seattle has our pick

Requiem / The Dagda
No body better say anything on mania about Orton on 'Mania. Alastor will be dealing suspensions left and right.

LMAO. Can I PayPal you ten bucks? :salute:

NightTrainLayne
well at least the defense looks good

last year two early ints it would already be 21-0

Defense has looked pretty decent. That's a plus. Might just give Orton enough time to master what he can do well.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
very nice read on the screen

BroncoWave
How? seattle has our pick

I don't see us drafting a QB in the first round, I was just saying if I had my pick it would be Jevan Snead.

OrangeHoof
But at least the defense is looking better against one of the offensive juggernauts of the NFL.

Oh, it's not an offensive juggernaut? Oh, my bad.

dunk7
08-14-2009, 09:53 PM
The D looks good vs. Alex Smith and Glen Coffee...not exactly cream of the crop.

LRtagger
our secondary owns

Requiem / The Dagda
Cream of the NFL F-Team crop, the San Francisco 49ers. . . and we're still losing to them. HehE.

broncohead
08-14-2009, 09:54 PM
New offense=mistakes. No surprise. Lets look to the 3rd and 4th game before we start judging how Orton will play for the season.

ursamajor
LMAO. Can I PayPal you ten bucks? :salute:

Sure.

LRtagger
ok ok ok ok this is a sure TD

BroncoWave
The D looks good vs. Alex Smith and Glen Coffee...not exactly cream of the crop.

Still better than last season when we were getting shredded up by the Alex Smiths and Glen Coffees of the world.

Tom Nalen
D looks good...but the niners arent playing the most physical brand of football though...If Orton throws anothers INT..wow

Bill Devaroe
told you gutys r they should have traded for cleo lemon, this guy sucks

Northman
08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Anybody ready for Simms yet?

Tned
Shit. I'm afraid Orton really may suck.

And you guys abused me for starting the "It's early, but is the QB position a problem..." thread. :sad:

Hopefully, lots of reps in preseason will get these bad throws out of his system. They are more bad throws than bad decisions.

Denver Native (Carol)
Repeat after me - it's the first preseason game, it's the first preseason game, it's the first preseason game.

There, I feel better ;)

Broncos Mtnman
But at least the defense is looking better against one of the offensive juggernauts of the NFL.

Oh, it's not an offensive juggernaut? Oh, my bad.

Was just going to say that. It's not like the 49ers are the Pats or anything...

If they do this against Rivers and Co, I'll be impressed.

Requiem / The Dagda

Heck yeah Bill. Better got a few bottles of Old Crow and some of those hot dogs your mama makes to enjoy this shitshow.

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 09:56 PM

You're right. This is what the Broncos get for not listening to you. Spread the word!

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 09:56 PM
OMG I HATE JORDAN

cut his ***** ass

dunk7
08-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Jeese, McDaniels is going to even copy the QB rotations that the pats used (start for the entire first half)

Northman
08-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Wow.

BroncoWave
And you guys abused me for starting the "It's early, but is the QB position a problem..." thread. :sad:

Hopefully, lots of reps in preseason will get these bad throws out of his system. They are more bad throws than bad decisions.

I said I'm "afraid he may" suck. That's a far cry from saying OMG Orton sucks trade him now.

And there goes pick #3.

dunk7
I need to dig up all the threads where people said Orton would be better than Cutler.

Tom Nalen
ok this is just funny.

LRtagger
Lmfao

Broncos Mtnman
Oh, this is just great....

Way to go Bowlen...

Requiem / The Dagda
Lol, can I say **** Kyle Orton? LOL!

Italianmobstr7
08-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow... Orton...

Northman
The curse of the John Elway syndrome continues...

broncohead
If he threw the ball higher it would have been completed.

Zweems56
Jesus christ....

Broncos Mtnman
By the way, that was another off-target long pass.

He couldn't complete a pass over 20 yards in Chi-town and he still can't.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:00 PM
that one wasnt so bad i guess lol

ok i need another beer

Tned
Ok, we have the hat trick.

Gee he is locking in on his receivers. He is not making good reads right now.

So far I am not impressed.

No, has made some bad throws. That last one was a good play by the defender.

the people who booed at the scrimmage are now throwing shit at their TVs. . . . :laugh:

And, saying "I told you so" to the people that bashed them for booing (for the record, I am not a fan of booing your own team).

2nd that motion. .. but hopefully Orton gets it together.

Hopefully. It's a new offense, new players, and he's only had a couple weeks of practice. So, we can hope....

LoyalSoldier
At this point, I'll take the cry baby thank you.

broncohead
I think the OLB should have had flats. He was covering the same zone as another defender

sneakers

bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northman
lol, good Knowshon commerical.

LRtagger
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
let orton play the whole ******* game...let him make mistakes and learn from them

besides, no one wants to see simms play

LoyalSoldier
No, has made some bad throws. That last one was a good play by the defender.

Ok the first one he had a wide open TD and he missed the open receiver underneath.

Second one was a forced throw

Third one was a forced throw.

None of those throws were required. The third one he had all day for crying out loud, if you can't get a receiver open throw it away.

BroncoWave
If we want to win we should just hand it to Moreno or Hillis on every play. Who needs a passing game?