PDA

View Full Version : Broncos control 2nd seed fate!!

cmc0605
12-17-2012, 12:03 AM
2nd seed looks to be within our control...

cmc0605
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
and they win!

tubby
12-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Start a thread about it

cmc0605
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Awesome. Easy schedule ahead, they just can't get cocky. So far I think they've done a good job of not looking past opponents, but playing everyone (except Houston) and a bye helps a lot

tomjonesrocks
12-17-2012, 12:19 AM
The idea of sitting guys is done. It's a big deal.

I still think the Pats are unstoppable. That game was a fluke and an amazing comeback that came up just short. I have no confidence Denver can beat them.

Softskull
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
I disagree with you TJ, we can beat the Patriots in Denver. Tonight's loss by the Patriots was huge.

chrisslot
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
I love it when a plan comes together!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-17-2012, 12:25 AM

I still think the Pats are unstoppable. That game was a fluke and an amazing comeback that came up just short. I have no confidence Denver can beat them.

Until they lost to the 'Skins, nobody thought the broncos could beat the Ravens in Baltimore, either. We get NE in Denver, their no huddle will be less effective. Their no huddle is the fastest paced no-huddle in the league. They'll gas their own offense at that breakneck pace at altitude.

CrazyHorse
12-17-2012, 12:25 AM

I sure hope the Broncos don't have the mentality. If they do they will lose.

CrazyHorse
12-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Until they lost to the 'Skins, nobody thought the broncos could beat the Ravens in Baltimore, either. We get NE in Denver, their no huddle will be less effective. Their no huddle is the fastest paced no-huddle in the league. They'll gas their own offense at that breakneck pace at altitude.

Who says they'll even make it to the divisional round?

BroncoJoe
12-17-2012, 12:27 AM

Um, they did lose tonight. Hardly unstoppable.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
41 points in NE with a QB starting his 4th game is a fluke? The Cards beating NE was a fluke, the 49ers coulda scored even more than they did if they hadn't shit down their leg.......

cmc0605
12-17-2012, 12:34 AM

This is how most Pats fans think.

In any case, I can agree that NE is the big concern of the playoffs. We can lose to anyone, but I'm most concerned with them, because we need to be a lot more consistent in offensive production (TDs not field goals) than we have been. I think our defense can hold their own even if they give up scores. We've dominated opponents this season but have gotten away with some free sloppiness in the process. But NEs defense is not elite.

I agree with other commenters that playing them in Denver is a big difference vs. in Foxboro. I also think letting them play one more game and giving our guys a rest is valuable too.

OrangeHoof
12-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Congrats to the AFC East Champion SF 49ers!

Broncos just have to beat Cleveland and KC at home to wrap up the second seed. Texans wrap up the first seed with a home win against Minnesota.

tomjonesrocks
12-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Pats 4-15 in games where opponents score 4TD. Curious.

dogfish
12-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I disagree with you TJ, we can beat the Patriots in Denver. Tonight's loss by the Patriots was huge.

absolutely. . . we're on a different level than we were in the first meeting. . .

we now have the roster, when healthy, to match up with new england. . . we have the QB, the pass rushers and defensive backs to challenge their passing game, and even a special teams unit capable of making plays. . . they're not an easy match for anyone, but we're certainly capable of doing it. . . have to bracket their TEs, we still don't have the guys to play much man against them-- but we do have a competent defensive coaching staff for once, at least. . . i'd think about just putting champ in the slot-- chris harris gave up some big catches to welker last time. . .

nyuk nyuk
12-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Right on. That game was awesome. Too bad SF let them back in it. Makes me lick my chops.

:elefant::cool:

nyuk nyuk
12-17-2012, 01:35 AM

How can you be sexually assaulted in your own back yard and be unstoppable? They should be winning home games.

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 02:42 AM
pressure up the middle always disrupts brady. we can do that!
we can stop their run game too.
stopping TWO TE will be the challenge, But I have no doubt JDR will put together an effective defensive gameplan, and make the right adjustments.

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 04:25 AM
dog, you might want to ninja edit your post. Talking about using Champ anywhere but on the perimeter can do some serious damage to your credibility. :vroam:

Problem with NE is there strengths match up well against our weaknesses. Our defense has been playing lights out, but even with the improved play of Moore and Adams and our LB core, we still don't match up well against top tier TEs. If healthy, they have two.

And on offense, I'm more bullish than many on our interior line, but even with Kuper we tend to struggle against powerful man-beast DTs, and Vilfork is exactly that. He should at least get some mention for DPOY and is a difference maker.

Our special teams will need to be a lot better than they were vs BALT, and Von Doom will need to be disturbing shit every snap. Even at home we'll need to play nearly flawless and even then we'll probably need a bounce to go our way. They're really the only team I'm not convinced we can handle in the AFC.

Northman
12-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Yep, we win out we own the 2nd seed.

Tned
12-17-2012, 09:16 AM
absolutely. . . we're on a different level than we were in the first meeting. . .

we now have the roster, when healthy, to match up with new england. . . we have the QB, the pass rushers and defensive backs to challenge their passing game, and even a special teams unit capable of making plays. . . they're not an easy match for anyone, but we're certainly capable of doing it. . . have to bracket their TEs, we still don't have the guys to play much man against them-- but we do have a competent defensive coaching staff for once, at least. . . i'd think about just putting champ in the slot-- chris harris gave up some big catches to welker last time. . .

Yep, but we really need Kuper healthy in the playoffs.

MasterShake
12-17-2012, 09:28 AM
For me personally as a Broncos fan, I'm just happy to see our nine... say that again, NINE GAME WINNING STREAK pay off. It was really frustrating to rattle off that type of streak and not move ANYWHERE in the playoff seeding. It's nice to see that we can control our own destiny after that brutal opening schedule. The Browns and Chiefs conjure up two words for the Broncos at this point. Tune Up.

Tned
12-17-2012, 09:33 AM
For me personally as a Broncos fan, I'm just happy to see our nine... say that again, NINE GAME WINNING STREAK pay off. It was really frustrating to rattle off that type of streak and not move ANYWHERE in the playoff seeding. It's nice to see that we can control our own destiny after that brutal opening schedule. The Browns and Chiefs conjure up two words for the Broncos at this point. Tune Up.

What's better than eight in a row? Nine in a row!! What's better than nine in a row? Ten in a row!! (actually, 14 in a row, but they need to stay focused on one game at a time).

zbeg
12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
What's better than eight in a row? Nine in a row!! What's better than nine in a row? Ten in a row!! (actually, 14 in a row, but they need to stay focused on one game at a time).

I would be okay with setting the franchise record for consecutive victories in a single season. This would not upset me at all.

Nomad
12-17-2012, 10:15 AM

I hope the BRONCOS don't let up against the Browns or Chiefs. I hope they work on scoring fast and early in the first half. I believe that is what concerns some people with the Patriots because they score touchdowns quick and early and don't want to see the BRONCOS playing catchup.

But you're right. It's great having to hope for the second seed rather than just making the playoffs at this time of the year.

MasterShake
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
I hope the BRONCOS don't let up against the Browns or Chiefs. I hope they work on scoring fast and early in the first half. I believe that is what concerns some people with the Patriots because they score touchdowns quick and early and don't want to see the BRONCOS playing catchup.

But you're right. It's great having to hope for the second seed rather than just making the playoffs at this time of the year.

Well, that is what I am getting up. I don't mean tune up as in the fact that the Broncos will run over the Browns and The Chiefs (though they should), but its a nice 2 game tune up to work on some of the offensive issues so they can get going quicker. The way the defense is playing right now, it might not be an issue. The Ravens were more or less at full strength on offense yesterday and they were absolutely shut down at home. The same Ravens team that put 31 up on the Patriots earlier this year.

The second seed would be huge. As much as I like the Broncos, I think we would have a hell of a time winning at New England. At Mile High though with our defense, the no huddle, and over a decade of frustration screaming from the stands at Brady? I like dem odds!

I'm really trying not to get ahead of myself, but the only competition I see for the Broncos are the Patriots right now. I could even see us winning pretty easily going into Houston. I never thought our season would turn out like this, not this quickly.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Awesome. Easy schedule ahead, they just can't get cocky. So far I think they've done a good job of not looking past opponents, but playing everyone (except Houston) and a bye helps a lot

Easy schedule? No it's not. The Browns should not be taken lightly. Denver has advantages to sure but they would be well advised to not go to sleep on the Browns. Also KC generally plays us tough. Also this when we face them it will be third time four we've met in Denver for the last game of year we've lost them both.

weazel
12-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I dont think we beat the Pats

Nomad
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM

I'd like to find out in the AFCCG, but that's just me.

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Awesome. Easy schedule ahead, they just can't get cocky. So far I think they've done a good job of not looking past opponents, but playing everyone (except Houston) and a bye helps a lotthat has been the secret!
focused on the opponent at hand !, a "lets prepare and win THIS WEEK" mentality.

PatriotsGuy
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey guys what's this thread about?

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I would be okay with setting the franchise record for consecutive victories in a single season. This would not upset me at all.

The franchise is wont broke this year even if Denver wins these two game. The franchise record consecutive victories for a season is 13 (1998) The record for consecutive victories overall is 18 which includes the playoffs 97-98.

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
its about our record being bettere than the pats, and we control the #2 seed. that means you should be checking out hotels in DENVER, just in case your loser pats get that far !
call me when you get to denver, I will pick you up at the airport.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
that has been the secret!
focused on the opponent at hand !, a "lets prepare and win THIS WEEK" mentality.

And move Champ to safety. :D

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 12:16 PM
"easy schedule ahead"
that is absolutely the WRONG mentality.

Northman
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM

Agreed. Any given Sunday and if we meet them again anything is possible.

weazel
12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
pressure up the middle always disrupts brady. we can do that!
we can stop their run game too.
stopping TWO TE will be the challenge, But I have no doubt JDR will put together an effective defensive gameplan, and make the right adjustments.

you said this before the last game as well.

Sorry, but the Broncos start out very slow and dont do a hell of a lot until the 2nd half. The Pats could be up by 30 points by the time the 2nd half rolls around

OrangeHoof
12-17-2012, 12:55 PM

I think we have a chance of beating them at altitude. At sea level, we'd lose. I'd love to see Chris Harris reprise Champ Bailey's interception return against Brady in the '05 playoffs. Heck, I'd love to see Champ do it too. Or Von. Or Doom. Maybe all four.

Timmy!
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM

Wont happen. If we meet the Pats in the playoffs it will be divisional round.....just sayin...

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
now I just hope that Pats get the #4 seed

BroncoJoe
12-17-2012, 01:27 PM
With his experience - and difficulty - I have 100% faith Manning won't let his team take any games off.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
The way I see it, the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC will be through the Patriots. If we have to play the Patriots I'd rather do it in Denver than New England. Not that I think Houston is a slouch, because they aren't, but even after the loss to the Niners I think the Patriots will be teh toughest team to beat in the post season.

Nomad
12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Hopefully RYO can give us the playoff breakdown soon as of week 15.

Tned
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
"easy schedule ahead"
that is absolutely the WRONG mentality.

Newsflash, if a fan says that it's an easy schedule, it doesn't impact how the team plays.

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Newsflash, if a fan says that it's an easy schedule, it doesn't impact how the team plays.

Thank gawd you're here to point out the blatantly obvious.

PatriotsGuy
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
its about our record being bettere than the pats, and we control the #2 seed. that means you should be checking out hotels in DENVER, just in case your loser pats get that far !
call me when you get to denver, I will pick you up at the airport.

Will you cook me dinner?

Tned
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
now I just hope that Pats get the #4 seed

Yea, ideal scenario is that the Broncos get the #2 (ideal would be #1, but unlikely), and then they host a home game and wins, and then someone knocks off Houston and that team goes to Denver for the AFCCG.

zbeg
12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Yea, ideal scenario is that the Broncos get the #2 (ideal would be #1, but unlikely), and then they host a home game and wins, and then someone knocks off Houston and that team goes to Denver for the AFCCG.

I think an ideal scenario is someone knocks off the Patriots along the way. I'm more afraid of the Patriots in Denver than I am of the Texans in Houston (although I'd prefer if we could avoid both en route to the AFC title, but that doesn't seem likely).

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Agreed. Any given Sunday and if we meet them again anything is possible.

The Patriots are not light years ahead of the Broncos. They beat us in their house in week five but this isn't the same team they faced back then.

weazel
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Will you cook me dinner?

he probably will but it will be something pretentious.
Lentil stuffed ravioli with goat nipples and fresh shaved virgin garlic cloves and prepubescent fennel.
At least you know there won't be any hair in your food

Joker56
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM
In the beginning, we had no idea how our season would unfold.
We lost to 3 very good teams,as we were learning to play as a team.
As Joel said a few hundred times,ok a few times .. we will not be a 13-3 team.....
And now ? The Broncos are almost at 13-3.
Lot of you argued about Moreno,Champ,Harris,Manning... and more ...
WE ARE 11-3 ....:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:: elefant::elefant: :shocked:
If we have to play NE... well we will play NE...
It will not be the same as it was earlier in the YEAR !!
The Broncos can beat anyone if they just play as good as they been playing ...
ONE GAME AT A TIME !!!!

MasterShake
12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Would be nice to see Revenge Tour 2.0. Take out the Pats in the Divisional Round, Texans in the AFCCG, and then the Falcons in the Superbowl. Make up for our 3 losses and shut the critics up.

Nomad
12-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Would be nice to see Revenge Tour 2.0. Take out the Pats in the Divisional Round, Texans in the AFCCG, and then the Falcons in the Superbowl. Make up for our 3 losses and shut the critics up.

Never thought of it that way, but Falcons will have their own task just winning a playoff game. I'm sure that weighs heavy in their minds.

BTW, funny avi:lol:

MasterShake
12-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Never thought of it that way, but Falcons will have their own task just winning a playoff game. I'm sure that weighs heavy in their minds.

Well, they rocked the defending champs the other day and are playing with a lot of confidence. They have just a good a chance as any.

weazel
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
he probably will but it will be something pretentious.
Lentil stuffed ravioli with goat nipples and fresh shaved virgin garlic cloves and prepubescent fennel.
At least you know there won't be any hair in your food

damn, rough crowd... I thought that was pretty funny, DB's

vandammage13
12-18-2012, 02:35 PM

The way we've been playing, I don't see any reason we can't beat them.

I would love to see it line up that way...Beat the best of the best to win the Championship. I'm not looking for a 9-7 team to upset the Pats or Texans and do our dirty work for us.

Bring 'em on.

BroncoWave
12-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Assuming Denver plays NE in round 2 I think the winner of that game represents the AFC in the Super Bowl. I would be pretty surprised if it were anyone else.

BroncoWave
12-18-2012, 02:48 PM
The way we've been playing, I don't see any reason we can't beat them.

I would love to see it line up that way...Beat the best of the best to win the Championship. I'm not looking for a 9-7 team to upset the Pats or Texans and do our dirty work for us.

Bring 'em on.

Screw that, I will be rooting my ass off for whomever NE plays in round 1. I want the easiest path possible to the super bowl. No one looks back at Super Bowl winners and says "oh, that team had too easy a path".

weazel
12-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Screw that, I will be rooting my ass off for whomever NE plays in round 1. I want the easiest path possible to the super bowl. No one looks back at Super Bowl winners and says "oh, that team had too easy a path".

I'm with you, I hope we play Oakland or the Chiefs in the playoffs

BroncoWave
12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm with you, I hope we play Oakland or the Chiefs in the playoffs

And the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

nyuk nyuk
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Assuming Denver plays NE in round 2 I think the winner of that game represents the AFC in the Super Bowl. I would be pretty surprised if it were anyone else.

I tend to agree.

zbeg
12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
I tend to agree.

Houston shouldn't be taken lightly. J.J. Watt is one of the most disruptive defensive players I have ever seen. That guy alone can alter games in a big way. And they still do fine on offense. That team's not a pushover by any stretch.

If someone other than Denver, New England, or Houston represents the AFC in the Super Bowl, I'll be very surprised. But Houston is legit. I don't think they're fraudulent the way Atlanta is.

DenBronx
12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
The Broncos can and will beat NE in our house. Beating them guarantees another SuperBowl trip and I believe we can beat ANY team in the NFC.

How bad do we want it? We didnt come this far to get knocked out by Brandy.....I mean Brady.

zbeg
12-19-2012, 02:10 AM
The Broncos can and will beat NE in our house. Beating them guarantees another SuperBowl trip and I believe we can beat ANY team in the NFC.

How bad do we want it? We didnt come this far to get knocked out by Brandy.....I mean Brady.

No, but I don't think wanting it badly is going to give Denver much of an edge. Did you see Brady on Sunday? That guy was reaching all-time levels of "I want to win this bad" face. I haven't seen that level of competitiveness in a long time.

It'll probably be a good game if it happens, but they are by far the biggest threat to Denver's chances to winning the SB.

bcbronc
12-19-2012, 02:14 AM
I always love a Brady vs Manning postseason match up. First time I'll actually be cheering for Manning though. :lol: