San Francisco 5 11
Seattle 6 10

Divisional winners: Dallas, Green Bay, Atlanta, Arizona
Wild Card: Carolina, New York
NFC Champion: Dallas

NFL Champion: Indianapolis

ursamajor
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
just curious. what do you see in Green Bay that leads you to believe they will win the north. Because off top, they have made their best defensive lineman a non factor. And Raji will miss far too much camp to really have any clue what he will b doing.

Yes they have the qb and receivers, but their rb and online is so so.

West
08-13-2009, 11:42 PM
just curious. what do you see in Green Bay that leads you to believe they will win the north. Because off top, they have made their best defensive lineman a non factor. And Raji will miss far too much camp to really have any clue what he will b doing.

Yes they have the qb and receivers, but their rb and online is so so.

And especially the Broncos winning the West.. I'm as big of a Bronco fan as the next guy but there's no way in hell we go 11-5 this season.

Some of yall may not like to hear that but 7-9 at the very best.

broncogirl7
08-13-2009, 11:45 PM
And especially the Broncos winning the West.. I'm as big of a Bronco fan as the next guy but there's no way in hell we go 11-5 this season.

I'm hopeful for 11 - 5, but realistically think it will probably be 9-7 or 8-8. We have alot to work out this year, but next year could be an incredible year.

OaklandRaider
08-14-2009, 01:06 AM
How do you have the Broncos winning 11 games??

And the NFC East is way better than that.

BroncoWave
08-14-2009, 01:17 AM
How do you have the Broncos winning 11 games??

And the NFC East is way better than that.

I see you didn't argue his prediction for the Raiders. Looks like you are finally coming around!

BroncoTech
08-14-2009, 03:20 AM
I see you didn't argue his prediction for the Raiders. Looks like you are finally coming around!

I'm watching the Raiders right now. They are KILLING the Cowboys. Their first team beat the Cowboy first team, 2nd team beat 2nd team and third team beat the Cowboy's third team. Mcfadden looks faster than I've ever seen him and ripped a couple nice runs. They have 4 QB's and Garcia didn't play and they don't need him. I expect Garcia to be odd man out and get cut. I liked their second stringer Gradkowski from Tampa a lot. I like him better than anyone we have on our roster at QB right now. They're using the long ball to to open up the medium range passing game and getting guys wide open. They have a bunch of young wide outs you've never heard of but you will.

Cooper Carlisle and Eric Pears look good on their Oline. Isaiah Ekejiuba made the pro bowl as special teams but he'll be starting at line backer I expect this year, they called his name all night.

I know it's preseason but beating the Cowboys 10 to 31 is a statement. I'm oldschool and hate to see the Raiders do well, but sitting in the cellar getting all those early picks is eventually going to allow you to get some personnel. They pretty much man-handled us last year at home and they play with tenacity on defense. Tom Flores and Jim Plunket called the game what a couple of dorks. Back when the raiders were good...

Just so you know the Raiders will win more than 4 games this year. I'm hoping the Broncos impress me Friday night and I see some of what I saw tonight. I guess week 2 of the regular season we'll see how it matches up.

Elevation inc
08-14-2009, 06:37 AM
AFC
East W L
Buffalo 8 8
Miami 7 9
New England 11 5
New York 6 10

North W L
Baltimore 13 3
Cincinnati 7 9
Cleveland 3 13
Pittsburgh 11 5

South W L
Tennessee 12 4
Houston 7 9
Indianapolis 11 5
Jacksonville 9 7

West W L
Denver 11 5
Kansas City 4 12
Oakland 4 12
San Diego 10 6

Divisional Champs: New England, Tennessee, Baltimore, Denver
Wildcard: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh
AFC Champion: Indianapolis

NFC
East W L
Dallas 9 7
New York 8 8
Philadelphia 7 9
Washington 6 10

North W L
Chicago 8 8
Detroit 4 12
Green Bay 11 5
Minnesota 10 6

South W L
Atlanta 10 6
Carolina 8 8
New Orleans 7 9
Tampa Bay 8 8

West W L
St. Louis 5 11
Arizona 10 6
San Francisco 5 11
Seattle 6 10

I disagree big with dallas/carolina/tennesse and denver big time.....

I think AFC division winners will be: New England/Indy/Pitt/San Diego
Wild card: Baltimore/Houston
AFC Champion- San Diego
NFC Division Winners- Giants/Chicago/Atlanta/Arizona
NFC Wildcard- Minnesota/Seattle
NFC Champion- Atlanta

SB winner- San diego

Dirk
08-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Hard to say how the season will unfold. I sure hope you are correct with the Denver prediction. ;)

CoachChaz
08-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Philly at 7-9? Their o-line is better, the receiving corps is better, the defense is almost the same, they added someone to spell Westbrook and God only knows what havoc Vick can create. I'm thinking 13-3 for Philly...8-8 for Denver

ursamajor
08-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Philly at 7-9?...the defense is almost the same

Their defense is far from the same. Not only the losses in FA/Trades (Dawkins and Hobbs mainly) But their starting MLb Bradley tore his ACL, and their DC passed away.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm watching the Raiders right now. They are KILLING the Cowboys. Their first team beat the Cowboy first team, 2nd team beat 2nd team and third team beat the Cowboy's third team. Mcfadden looks faster than I've ever seen him and ripped a couple nice runs. They have 4 QB's and Garcia didn't play and they don't need him. I expect Garcia to be odd man out and get cut. I liked their second stringer Gradkowski from Tampa a lot. I like him better than anyone we have on our roster at QB right now. They're using the long ball to to open up the medium range passing game and getting guys wide open. They have a bunch of young wide outs you've never heard of but you will.

Cooper Carlisle and Eric Pears look good on their Oline. Isaiah Ekejiuba made the pro bowl as special teams but he'll be starting at line backer I expect this year, they called his name all night.

I know it's preseason but beating the Cowboys 10 to 31 is a statement. I'm oldschool and hate to see the Raiders do well, but sitting in the cellar getting all those early picks is eventually going to allow you to get some personnel. They pretty much man-handled us last year at home and they play with tenacity on defense. Tom Flores and Jim Plunket called the game what a couple of dorks. Back when the raiders were good...

Just so you know the Raiders will win more than 4 games this year. I'm hoping the Broncos impress me Friday night and I see some of what I saw tonight. I guess week 2 of the regular season we'll see how it matches up.

I was a little surprised at that, but Dallas' 1st-string O was light-years ahead of their back-ups. 1st-string vs. 1st-string was a much better match-up for the Cowboys.

But the Raiders do appear to have a lot of depth at important spots. They have improved this off-season.

CoachChaz
08-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Their defense is far from the same. Not only the losses in FA/Trades (Dawkins and Hobbs mainly) But their starting MLb Bradley tore his ACL, and their DC passed away.

Gaither may not put up the numbers replacing Bradley, but he probably wont make some of the mental errors Bradley made in crucial situations either. Demps will fill in for Dawkins. He's better in coverage and faster and did I miss something on Hobbs? As of Sunday he was still in Philly. He's a nickel anyway with Brown and Samuel starting.

McDermott will pick up after serving under Johnson and I really dont see a dropoff in the defensive production.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I guess I'll explain a little better.

I copied and pasted the NFL schedule into a spreadsheet and went game by game predicting who would win that game. Then I added it all up at the end. I surprised myself with some of these things, as I really think Denver is more of an 8-8 team, and the NFC East surprised me as well.

Traveler
08-14-2009, 10:27 AM
AFC
East W L
Buffalo 8 8
Miami 7 9
New England 11 5
New York 6 10

North W L
Baltimore 13 3
Cincinnati 7 9
Cleveland 3 13
Pittsburgh 11 5

South W L
Tennessee 12 4
Houston 7 9
Indianapolis 11 5
Jacksonville 9 7

West W L
Denver 11 5
Kansas City 4 12
Oakland 4 12
San Diego 10 6

NFC
East W L
Dallas 9 7
New York 8 8
Philadelphia 7 9
Washington 6 10

North W L
Chicago 8 8
Detroit 4 12
Green Bay 11 5
Minnesota 10 6

South W L
Atlanta 10 6
Carolina 8 8
New Orleans 7 9
Tampa Bay 8 8

West W L
St. Louis 5 11
Arizona 10 6
San Francisco 5 11
Seattle 6 10

:confused:The pessimistic side of me just can't see how you can predict us to be 11-5. 8-8 tops IMO. Let's hope you are right!:salute:

T.K.O.
08-14-2009, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=BroncoTech;708856] I liked their second stringer Gradkowski from Tampa a lot. I like him better than anyone we have on our roster at QB right now. They're using the long ball to to open up the medium range passing game and getting guys wide open. They have a bunch of young wide outs you've never heard of but you will.

just so you know these are his #'s from last year

Bruce Gradkowski | #5 | QB

Oakland Raiders | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 220 Age: 26

Born: 1/27/1983 Pittsburgh , PA

College: Toledo

Experience: 4th season

INT
YDS
RTG

thats right sports fans a "2.8" rating...

Italianmobstr7
08-14-2009, 10:50 AM

It's PRESEASON! The Raiders have a good record in preseason evey year. I think they went 4-0 last year. We beat the Cowboya in preseason last year. Were you raving about our team?

Dean
08-14-2009, 11:00 AM

Thanks, I needed a little humor to start the day. That's okay hope and fantasies get us through the tough times.:doh:

Dortoh
08-14-2009, 11:01 AM
One mans predictions are as good as anothers this time of year but IMHO McD should get coach of the year if he can scratch out 8 wins.

New HC
New DC
New OC
New starting qb
New schemes all the way around
DL that well lets just say is questionable
One hell of a nasty schedule

I honestly dont care much about the record this year. I just want to see improvement on Defense, special teams and overall improved physical play across the board.

Then we can make a run in 2-3 years.

That said I'm dying for kickoff tonight.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks, I needed a little humor to start the day. That's okay hope and fantasies get us through the tough times.:doh:

Hey, I explained how I did it. The results surprised me too.

OldschoolFreak
08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I think AFC division winners will be: New England/Indy/Pitt/San Diego
Wild card: Baltimore/Houston
AFC Champion- San Diego
NFC Division Winners- Giants/Chicago/Atlanta/Arizona
NFC Wildcard- Minnesota/Seattle
NFC Champion- Atlanta

SB winner- San diego

The problem with this is that although all the prognosticators will tell you this is right, the actual post season never plays out exactly how it looks on paper. I don't know who, but one or more of the anointed AFC division winners (SD, Pitt, NE, Indy) will stumble and one of the question mark teams (TENN, BALT, NYJ, DEN) will step up.

Happens every year.

OldschoolFreak
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I guess I'll explain a little better.

I copied and pasted the NFL schedule into a spreadsheet and went game by game predicting who would win that game. Then I added it all up at the end. I surprised myself with some of these things, as I really think Denver is more of an 8-8 team, and the NFC East surprised me as well.

That seems like a good methodology. I agree that most of us probably "think of" the Broncs this year as an 8-8 team plus or minus a game. But when you start to dig into the actual head to head matchups things rarely go as expected. Even if we do go 8-8, we'll likely beat some unexpected teams and lose some games we were "supposed to win". The season never follows the Vegas storyline.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM
well.. I'll give props.

You were willing to put this prediction in writing. I know there have been other teams that have had 1st year coaches that won 11 games. Jim Mora and Mike Smith in Atlanta. Harbaugh in Baltimore. Gailey won 10 in Dallas. Even Wandstadt did it his first year in Miami (although not his first coaching job, obviously). So its not impossible to win 11 this year. I just find it very unlikely considering our schedule and the big changes.

I guess, just like Mike Smith and Harbaugh....it really comes down to what you do your second and 3rd year.

broncophan
08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
11-5??????.......Wow.....that would be nice.....although 5-11 seems more realistic imo....who knows though......

underrated29
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Well i will say based on schedule that the

texans, and seabirds will make the playoffs. The rams have an easy one, although i dont expect them to go more the 7 wins.

The texans are going to surprise this year.

As for us, i personally feel 10-6 but if you got 11-5-power to us.

Greatspirits
08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I would love 11-5, I'd cream all over myself if that happened! I'm still sticking with 9-7 and hopefully a wildcard spot!

BroncoTech
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
just so you know these are his #'s from last year

Bruce Gradkowski | #5 | QB

Oakland Raiders | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 220 Age: 26

Born: 1/27/1983 Pittsburgh , PA

College: Toledo

Experience: 4th season

INT
YDS
RTG

thats right sports fans a "2.8" rating...

You're leaving out his rating last night was 111.
We'll see what Orton and Simms do.

West
08-15-2009, 12:22 AM
So........... I think you should re think that 11-5 record. That was a piss poor performance.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 12:26 AM
So........... I think you should re think that 11-5 record. That was a piss poor performance.

Yeah, preseason games give us a massive insight to what happens in-season.

0-16. Mark it down.

BroncoTech
08-15-2009, 12:29 AM

0-16. Mark it down.

Us football whisperers can tell.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Us football whisperers can tell.

It comes with the territory. Not all of us have the balls to actually make a prediction. They'd rather go with 20/20 hindsight and whine.

West
08-15-2009, 12:31 AM

0-16. Mark it down.

:lol:

You keep those orange colored glasses on.

West
08-15-2009, 12:31 AM
It comes with the territory. Not all of us have the balls to actually make a prediction. They'd rather go with 20/20 hindsight and whine.

That's not a prediction. That's dreaming.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
:lol:

You keep those orange colored glasses on.

No orange colored glasses. I explained my method, and told everyone I was surprised by what happened.

I expect the criticism, but I also realize that no one else is doing the same thing and putting their opinion/prediction on the line.

Rather, they'd just whine and bitch.

West
08-15-2009, 12:35 AM
No orange colored glasses. I explained my method, and told everyone I was surprised by what happened.

I expect the criticism, but I also realize that no one else is doing the same thing and putting their opinion/prediction on the line.

Alright then. Well I suggest you re-do your predictions after that.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Alright then. Well I suggest you re-do your predictions after that.

After what?

NameUsedBefore
08-15-2009, 12:38 AM
My prediction still stands at 4-12.

What astonishes me is that I can hardly finger just what teams we can beat to get to 4-12 so I dunno who you got Denver beating to be 11-5.

West
08-15-2009, 12:43 AM
After what?

After what? I guess you missed all three of Orton's picks.

West
08-15-2009, 12:43 AM

What astonishes me is that I can hardly finger just what teams we can beat to get to 4-12 so I dunno who you got Denver beating to be 11-5.

This.

Ravage!!!
08-15-2009, 01:15 AM
I think we lose 4 in our own division alone..... so I guess that would mean we would have to only lose 1 game outside our division, despite playing Pitt, NE, Indy, Baltimore... to reach the five.

But My prediction is closer to 5-11

ursamajor
08-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Gaither may not put up the numbers replacing Bradley, but he probably wont make some of the mental errors Bradley made in crucial situations either. Demps will fill in for Dawkins. He's better in coverage and faster and did I miss something on Hobbs? As of Sunday he was still in Philly. He's a nickel anyway with Brown and Samuel starting.

McDermott will pick up after serving under Johnson and I really dont see a dropoff in the defensive production.

My bad I thought they lost Hobbs to FA

Dean
08-15-2009, 09:14 AM

I still don't see why you are surprised. You started with picking who would win in each match up. You started with a bias toward the Broncos to begin with. Obviously the results would favor the Broncos.

My question is that after last night (I know it has no bearing on the final season outcome) do you believe your predicted results will hold?

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 01:37 PM
My question is that after last night (I know it has no bearing on the final season outcome) do you believe your predicted results will hold?

I have no idea.

Again. I think Denver is an 8-8 type of ball club, and when I did this the results surprised me. That apparently gets completely lost on just about every poster in this thread.

broncophan
08-15-2009, 01:42 PM

0-16. Mark it down.

Yes they do......I mean....look at the Detroit Lions last year......they got off to an absolutely amazing 4-0 start in the preseason:shocked:.....and that really paid off for them as they were 0-16.:confused:

Ravage!!!
08-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I have no idea.

Again. I think Denver is an 8-8 type of ball club, and when I did this the results surprised me. That apparently gets completely lost on just about every poster in this thread.

I think Dean addressed that. He made the statement that he doesn't know why you are surprised if YOU are picking the games, and you believe that the Broncos are going to beat those teams considering. So its not really surprising (as Dean pointed out) since you went into the 'picking' with a Bronco-bias.

How else could you possibly pick us beating 11 teams this year?

(again, it could happen, but I too am confused as to how you could be surprised by the outcome)

Maybe it would help us understand if you posted which 11 games you feel that we will win?

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 01:49 PM
(again, it could happen, but I too am confused as to how you could be surprised by the outcome)

Let's run through this again.

I set up a spreadsheet with Game 1 of Week 1, all the way to Game 16 of Week 17.

I went one by one picking who I thought might win that game. I did not keep track of any one team's win total, including the Broncos while I was doing this. I then went and added it all up AFTER I chose the games.

I was surprised...because I wasn't keeping track of how many times I picked the Broncos to win.

Ravage!!!
08-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Let's run through this again.

I set up a spreadsheet with Game 1 of Week 1, all the way to Game 16 of Week 17.

I went one by one picking who I thought might win that game. I did not keep track of any one team's win total, including the Broncos while I was doing this. I then went and added it all up AFTER I chose the games.

I was surprised...because I wasn't keeping track of how many times I picked the Broncos to win.

You don't have to go through it again... we all understood what you said. THat still doesn't take away from the fact that YOU were making the picks, and during that process you looked at us matched up with whom we were playing, and actually picked THIS Broncos team to win.. over and over and over again. So I understand that you may not have realized you picked them 11 times, but the fact of the matter is, you looked at our match up and BELIEVED we would beat them. So as Dean stated... you went into your "picking the games" process with orange-colored glasses on to begin with, or you wouldn't have picked us to win some (or a lot) of those games. Thus he doesn't understand how you can be surprised if you were picking the games with such an obvious "tint-o-orange" over the computer screen.

Thats pretty simple to understand.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 02:05 PM
You don't have to go through it again... we all understood what you said. THat still doesn't take away from the fact that YOU were making the picks, and during that process you looked at us matched up with whom we were playing, and actually picked THIS Broncos team to win.. over and over and over again. So I understand that you may not have realized you picked them 11 times, but the fact of the matter is, you looked at our match up and BELIEVED we would beat them. So as Dean stated... you went into your "picking the games" process with orange-colored glasses on to begin with, or you wouldn't have picked us to win some (or a lot) of those games. Thus he doesn't understand how you can be surprised if you were picking the games with such an obvious "tint-o-orange" over the computer screen.

You do realize that your opinion of this team and my opinion of this team are two, utterly, completely different things, right?

You have the absolutely-everything-is-wrong-oh-my-god-fire-josh-mcdaniels line of thinking. I don't.

So, I understand how you, and Dean, who are doom and gloom right now, would whine about my "orange-tinted glasses." But do YOU understand my point of view? Doesn't look like it, does it?

Ravage!!!
08-15-2009, 04:57 PM
You do realize that your opinion of this team and my opinion of this team are two, utterly, completely different things, right?

You have the absolutely-everything-is-wrong-oh-my-god-fire-josh-mcdaniels line of thinking. I don't.

So, I understand how you, and Dean, who are doom and gloom right now, would whine about my "orange-tinted glasses." But do YOU understand my point of view? Doesn't look like it, does it?

So basically you are saying that you feel we are an 8-8 team, but when you match up the schedule to our team, you find that you feel we will beat 11 of those teams. Thats fine. But you aren't willing to show us which 11 teams you think/feel/predict they will beat, thus giving us the "not-everything is gloom" theory behind your "surprised yourself" picks.

Like I said beofre, and I'll stand behind it again. I personally give you props for stating your predictions...especially when they are this much more positive than everyone has us going. I honestly don't care that you predict 11 games, and say "more power to ya." As well as stated that it COULD happen, since we've seen it happen with other coaches that have taken over bad teams. Jim Mora for the Falcons comes to mind as an example.. as well as the coach that is coaching them today.

What I DON'T understand, is how Dean's question is so dumbfounding to you, that you question how we can't understand your perspective. Its pretty simple. I also understand if you wouldn't be willing to give us the name of the 11 teams you predict us to beat. That would only lead to more scrutiny.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
So basically you are saying that you feel we are an 8-8 team, but when you match up the schedule to our team, you find that you feel we will beat 11 of those teams. Thats fine. But you aren't willing to show us which 11 teams you think/feel/predict they will beat, thus giving us the "not-everything is gloom" theory behind your "surprised yourself" picks.

Like I said beofre, and I'll stand behind it again. I personally give you props for stating your predictions...especially when they are this much more positive than everyone has us going. I honestly don't care that you predict 11 games, and say "more power to ya." As well as stated that it COULD happen, since we've seen it happen with other coaches that have taken over bad teams. Jim Mora for the Falcons comes to mind as an example.. as well as the coach that is coaching them today.

What I DON'T understand, is how Dean's question is so dumbfounding to you, that you question how we can't understand your perspective. Its pretty simple. I also understand if you wouldn't be willing to give us the name of the 11 teams you predict us to beat. That would only lead to more scrutiny.

It wasn't dumbfounding. It means I don't know. Sometimes, and I know this is just confounding to some people, you just don't know. I don't think that last night's game has any baring on anything, really, so no, I don't think it would change that exercise. But I'd have to do it again in order to tell you. And, it means I'm going to need to see more than one preseason game to go back and do the exercise again, because your intimating that I should do it again based on one preseason game.

Is that sufficient enough for you?

In other words, one preseason game would not change my exercise, nor make me want to re-evaluate how I did it.

Ravage!!!
08-15-2009, 07:34 PM
actually.. I wasn't suggesting that at all. I just wanted to know what 11 games you felt confident enough to pick us to win. Had nothing to do with last nights game.

Simple Jaded
08-15-2009, 08:17 PM
If the defense is as solid as it appeared to be last night, it's not too much to expect McDaniels to win 10 to 11ish games, this was an up-and-coming team that needed only a defense.......8-8 got the last guy fired, anything less than 9-7 is failure.

The pressure is on McDaniels to produce, imo, the schedule is brutal, but this is Josh McDaniels after all.......I fully expect him to be the coach that he and everybody else thinks he is from day1, he doesn't get any excuses if he fails to improve this team immediately.

What I expect and what I'll predict are two different things, but he's not off to a bad start, though.......

BroncoWave
08-15-2009, 08:58 PM
If the defense is as solid as it appeared to be last night, it's not too much to expect McDaniels to win 10 to 11ish games, this was an up-and-coming team that needed only a defense.......8-8 got the last guy fired, anything less than 9-7 is failure.

The pressure is on McDaniels to produce, imo, the schedule is brutal, but this is Josh McDaniels after all.......I fully expect him to be the coach that he and everybody else thinks he is from day1, he doesn't get any excuses if he fails to improve this team immediately.

What I expect and what I'll predict are two different things, but he's not off to a bad start, though.......

What's sad is I think you actually believe that. God forbid anyone have any patience in today's world. Also, thank the lord people with your mindset don't run the team or we'd have a new coach every year the team didn't perform as well as in the previous season.

Tned
08-15-2009, 08:58 PM

Yes, but there isn't much about the offense that is the same. We do have the same line, which is good, we have the same receivers (mostly, if Marshall is healthy and Stokely is ahead of Gaffney).

However, the offensive scheme is completely different. The QB is new, nobody except Gaffney and maybe Graham to some extent, knows the offense. With the exception of a few zone blocking runs, the offense is completely new to everyone.

So, you can't say our offense was good last year, so if our defense is improved, our record should improve. It could happen, but it is a huge unknown.

Dean
08-15-2009, 09:34 PM
I think Dean addressed that. He made the statement that he doesn't know why you are surprised if YOU are picking the games, and you believe that the Broncos are going to beat those teams considering. So its not really surprising (as Dean pointed out) since you went into the 'picking' with a Bronco-bias.

How else could you possibly pick us beating 11 teams this year?

Maybe it would help us understand if you posted which 11 games you feel that we will win?

Basically this is a synopsis of my thinking. If you picked the Broncos to get eleven wins against this years schedule, obviously we would be in the play-offs. You obviously picked wins against Cinci, Cleavland, KC twice, and Oakland twice. That is six wins. Who are the other five?

P.S. 1998 was the last time we were 4 and 0 against the Chiefs and the Raiders.

TXBRONC
08-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, but there isn't much about the offense that is the same. We do have the same line, which is good, we have the same receivers (mostly, if Marshall is healthy and Stokely is ahead of Gaffney).

However, the offensive scheme is completely different. The QB is new, nobody except Gaffney and maybe Graham to some extent, knows the offense. With the exception of a few zone blocking runs, the offense is completely new to everyone.

So, you can't say our offense was good last year, so if our defense is improved, our record should improve. It could happen, but it is a huge unknown.

We also have to get solid play out of the quarterback.

MOtorboat
08-15-2009, 09:38 PM
actually.. I wasn't suggesting that at all. I just wanted to know what 11 games you felt confident enough to pick us to win. Had nothing to do with last nights game.

You should have asked that, then...might have helped with the ridiculous assertions,accusations and personal comments you made.

Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
Pittsburgh
Washington
San Diego
NY Giants
Kansas City
Oakland
Philadelphia
Kansas City

Tned
08-15-2009, 10:45 PM
You should have asked that, then...might have helped with the ridiculous assertions,accusations and personal comments you made.

Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
Pittsburgh
Washington
San Diego
NY Giants
Kansas City
Oakland
Philadelphia
Kansas City

I'm assuming that our offense will move the ball and score, even if not top 5. Our defense showed some 'potential' to be middle of the packish. I assume thats the SD at home, if so right now I put that between a toss up and slight underdog.

Of the others, I'm not sure who is home/away, so I can't take that into account. I would say Cleveland is good shot at a win, and cincy a little less so, but still a 'can win' game.

I think winning three of the NFCE games is going to be tough, and we will be lucky to win one or two, and if things go well, I would flip Pitt to a loss, and add NE to the win.

So, with that said, I could see the sweep of Oakland and KC as possible. splitting with SD, beating Cincy or Clev, slpitting with the NFCE and maybe winning NE or Pitt.

That would put us more along 9 wins, but I could see how if the offense realy gels, and defense is middle of the pack, reaching those 11 winsl On the other haqnd, if the defense is bottome third, and Orton can't get the job done, then we are likely a 6-9 win team. I think Orton/Simms is surrounded by enough talent to win 6-9.

Dortoh
08-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Id just like to say were ******

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna throw my picks in here. I did the same thing you did, MO, and I have to say my picks came out quite differently.

It must also be said that my preseason picks are usually terrible so take it with a grain of salt.

AFC East:
Patriots (12-4, 5-1)
Dolphins (7-9, 3-3)
Bills (6-10, 1-5)
Jets (5-11, 3-3)

AFC South:
Colts (13-3, 5-1)
Texans (11-5, 3-3)
Titans (10-6, 3-3)
Jaguars (4-12, 1-5)

AFC North:
Steelers (14-2, 4-2)
Bengals (10-6, 3-3)
Ravens (9-7, 4-2)
Browns (4-12, 1-5)

AFC West:
Broncos (10-6, 5-1)
Chargers (9-7, 5-1)
Chiefs (3-13, 1-5)
Raiders (3-13, 1-5)

NFC East:
Giants (12-4, 5-1)
Eagles (11-5, 4-2)
Cowboys (9-7, 3-3)
Redskins (4-12, 0-6)

NFC South:
Panthers (11-5, 4-2)
Falcons (8-8, 3-3)
Saints (8-8, 3-3)
Buccaneers (5-11, 2-4)

NFC North:
Vikings (12-4, 5-1)
Packers (12-4, 4-2)
Bears (8-8, 3-3)
Lions (2-14, 0-6)

NFC West:
49ers (9-7, 4-2)
Cardinals (7-9, 5-1)
Rams (4-12, 2-4)
Seahawks (4-12, 1-5)

Wildcard:

Bengals @ Patriots

Texans @ Broncos

Eagles @ Panthers

Packers @ 49ers

Divisional:

Broncos @ Steelers

Patriots @ Colts

Packers @ Giants

Eagles @ Vikings

Championship:

Patriots @ Steelers

Giants @ Vikings

Super Bowl XLIV:

Patriots vs. Giants

And in the rematch of Super Bowl XLII, the NFL Champion is the...

New England Patriots

Thnikkaman
10-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Man, I love how right MO is in this thread. I hope that this trend continues. MO is bloody genius. Definitely an asset.

:bump:

honz
10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
MO is a man among midgets. :salute:

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM

After what? I guess you missed all three of Orton's picks.

This.

I think we lose 4 in our own division alone..... so I guess that would mean we would have to only lose 1 game outside our division, despite playing Pitt, NE, Indy, Baltimore... to reach the five.

But My prediction is closer to 5-11

Good call, fellas.

frauschieze
11-27-2009, 04:07 AM
FFS, so some people weren't right. Let's call them all out. :rolleyes:

Don't be a troll. This is a predictions thread, and you started it. There is no reason to act like an insufferable *******.

frauschieze
11-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Also, I am not calling you the normal seven letter banned word. I'm really disappointed the particular phrase I used it banned. Damn it.

Poet
11-27-2009, 01:48 PM
People who are involved with writing about sports know NOTHING. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 03:51 PM

Oh my....Westie has some 'splaining to do...... :laugh:

claymore
11-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Good call, fellas.

You were so effing wrong about Tennessee!

Poet
11-27-2009, 04:47 PM
You were so effing wrong about Tennessee!

You were so wrong about....everything, now get your gosh darn butt the heck out of here, newb.

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 09:32 PM

Good call.

You're a genius.

West
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Good call.

You're a genius.

Does your back hurt from patting yourself on the back so much?

Jesus. No one in their right mind predicted the season we are having.

Poet
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Jesus.

Just call me Mike.

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 09:36 PM

LOL...

Must suck to be wrong...really wrong...

Thanks for proving what a douche bag you are....

underrated29
11-29-2009, 09:37 PM

NOt true.

I predicted we start out 6-1 and lose to balt as our first loss. So i was right there... But then again. i also predicted 9-7 which seems off and i thought that we would sweep the gheys....i mean bolts.

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I get a kick out of me having to take shit from these idiots who had no faith in the season, but when I call them out for it, they get all defensive and I get reprimanded for it...you were wrong...time to deal with it folks...you don't know what you're talking about.

Time to eat your crow you morons.

West
11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I get a kick out of me having to take shit from these idiots who had no faith in the season, but when I call them out for it, they get all defensive and I get reprimanded for it...you were wrong...time to deal with it folks...you don't know what you're talking about.

Time to eat your crow you morons.

:rolleyes:

I bet you get a boner out of this.

EVERYONE was wrong. EVERYONE. Well my bad, everyone except your hobbit ass.

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
:rolleyes:

I bet you get a boner out of this.

EVERYONE was wrong. EVERYONE. Well my bad, everyone except your hobbit ass.

Not everyone, just you. But thanks for playing.

5-11, right?

McDouchebag...

frauschieze
11-29-2009, 09:46 PM
This thread is done so long as it is only going to be used to call other posters names and belittle them for their predictions.

Should anyone want this thread to be reopened, they may report this post and make their case, which will be reviewed by the moderators.