PDA

View Full Version : In your eyes...has Moreno earned a new contract?

Rick
12-16-2012, 02:54 PM
As the title states, with the way Knowshon has picked up his game after getting a new chance, do you feel he has earned a place on this team next year and beyond...or do you still want him to move on?

I don't believe he has earned any kind of huge contract but I do believe he has shown me something that I wasn't sure was there and I think he should be back with a new contract, could build into a good 1-2 punch with Hillman over the years as Willis is not getting any younger.

BroncoWave
12-16-2012, 02:55 PM
He absolutely has. He is playing damn fine football this year.

Locnar
12-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I think he's looked better than Willis. Just needs to stay healthy.

MOtorboat
12-16-2012, 03:14 PM
He's under contract for next year and the Broncos have a team option in 2014.

So, no. I don't think he deserves a new, bigger contract/extension.

Rick
12-16-2012, 03:26 PM
My mistake then, for some reason I was under the impression this was his last year under contract.

Chef Zambini
12-16-2012, 03:27 PM
way too many moreno threads! this forum is going to hell !

MOtorboat
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
My mistake then, for some reason I was under the impression this was his last year under contract.

A lot of people just wanted him cut before the season and then when he was benched. Probably when a lot of people just forgot about what his contract was.

Rick
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
way too many moreno threads! this forum is going to hell !

What if I suggested to move him to safety, would that be ok? :)

tomjonesrocks
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Maybe he's finally getting it, but if I were Bowlen I wouldn't race to my checkbook on him with his history. In fact, at this point, he's only be earning money he's already been paid for the past few underachieving seasons. Let him be productive for awhile--and see if he can avoid getting hurt.

He deserves props for what he's doing now--but man does this guy have awhile to go before there's any goodwill in the bank.

SR
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe he's finally getting it, but if I were Bowlen I wouldn't race to my checkbook on him with his history. In fact, at this point, he's only be earning money he's already been paid for the past few underachieving seasons. Let him be productive for awhile--and see if he can avoid getting hurt.

He deserves props for what he's doing now--but man does this guy have awhile to go before there's any goodwill in the bank.

How I feel

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
If he wants to sign a $1.5/year extension to be the backup, yeah. I gotta say tho, it's been a long time since I've been this pleasantly surprised about a player.......

Northman
12-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Not yet. Need more consistency.

whereselway
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Agreed! He has filled in quite well!!

capt. Jack
12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Sign him now before the price goes up! He is coming into his prime!

Tned
12-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Depends on the cost of the contract extension.

Let's face it, we all know that up to the last three games, he's been a first round bust, with a capital B. That said, he's come back and run both harder than we've ever seen him, he hasn't tripped over the line of scrimmage, and he's run with incredible patience.

Personally, I'm impressed, but he's signed for another year with an option for 2014, so there is no rush to extend him.

EDIT: Fixed the contract info, I miscalculated and thought the option was in 2015.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I would like see him give this kind of effort for a full before making that kind of commitment.