12-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Aroogadooga! Go Broncos!

Chef Zambini
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Can he leave his cares behind?
he left the ravens behind!

Army Bronco
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Can he leave his cares behind? If you dont dance then their no friends of his.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
he left the ravens behind!

Yeah, barely! Flacco, a 6-6 QB, got blocked by Woodyard and still almost caught Harris. Harris is ssslllooooooowww.......

DenBronx
12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah, barely! Flacco, a 6-6 QB, got blocked by Woodyard and still almost caught Harris. Harris is ssslllooooooowww.......

Flacco had a good 40 yard jump on Harris...plenty of time to make that decision....plus Harris had just ran 90 yards, not sure that initial 4.4 speed is still going after 90 yards. I've seen so many speedsters in the NFL get ran down by slower players. When your adrenaline is going sometimes you can shock yourself even. lol I also credit Flaccos stretching out ability with that 6-6 frame of his.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Flacco had a good 40 yard jump on Harris...plenty of time to make that decision....plus Harris had just ran 90 yards, not sure that initial 4.4 speed is still going after 90 yards.

You probably have a point with the 90 yard/4.4 speed thing but Flacco had to run the length of the field too as he threw the ball from the 10-ish and got blocked at about the 50-ish.......

Northman
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
That play was epic as it happened in front of us in that endzone. Never screamed so hard in my life.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
That play was epic as it happened in front of us in that endzone. Never screamed so hard in my life.

I jumped up in the middle of a bowling alley full of kids screaming "go bit(h!".......

SR
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM

He's slow after an entire drive and sprinting for the length of the field. Whodathunkit

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
He's slow after an entire drive and sprinting for the length of the field. Whodathunkit
Yeah, the Ravens were in the no-huddle, good point. Still.......

Nomad
12-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I thought Flacco was a smart player in the angle he took on the tackle....not so much on the pass play:lol:

Harris had a hell of a game.:salute:

chazoe60
12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
So, let me get this straight, our second year CB who was undrafted, returns his second pick 6 of the season, this one being 98 yards and a franchise record, and someone is going to complain about him being slow? :laugh: Holy downer, Batman!

DenBronx
12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
You probably have a point with the 90 yard/4.4 speed thing but Flacco had to run the length of the field too as he threw the ball from the 10-ish and got blocked at about the 50-ish.......

To be fair, Harris started at the line of scrimmage then ran all the way to the endzone, picked it off and ran it to the other endzone. Flacco was at his own line of scrimmage, saw Harris comming and just tried to run him down at that point. Maybe 145 yard total ran by Harris.

And you can only really say he ran him down if Harris wouldnt have scored...and Harris scored so Flacco wasnt credited with a tackle....meaning he didnt technically run him down. :)

Northman
12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
The funny thing is Boldin saw the pick and then just stopped. Didnt even bother. lol

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
So, let me get this straight, our second year CB who was undrafted, returns his second pick 6 of the season, this one being 98 yards and a franchise record, and someone is going to complain about him being slow? :laugh: Holy downer, Batman!
Shit yeah, cut him.

No, wait.......move him to S.......

smith49
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Shit yeah, cut him.

No, wait.......move him to S.......

Lollolololololo. ^^^^That made me laugh.

BroncoNut
12-16-2012, 09:38 PM

that was flacco huh? He was closing in around the 10/maybe 15, but substantial space. I was a bit worried there for a second

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
that was flacco huh? He was closing in around the 10/maybe 15, but substantial space. I was a bit worried there for a second

Yeah, he dove and swiped Harris' feet as he crossed the goal line.......

Tned
12-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Flacco had a good 40 yard jump on Harris...plenty of time to make that decision....plus Harris had just ran 90 yards, not sure that initial 4.4 speed is still going after 90 yards. I've seen so many speedsters in the NFL get ran down by slower players. When your adrenaline is going sometimes you can shock yourself even. lol I also credit Flaccos stretching out ability with that 6-6 frame of his.

Yea, even with the head start, I think Woodyard wishes he had continued to block/engage Flacco for at least a few more yards and then Harris wouldn't have been tackled at the goal line.

Tned
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Legwold tweeted earlier about how good a job Harris did covering Boldin. It was only the second time in Boldin's career he went catchless, and the first time since Oct of '05.

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 02:47 AM
The funny thing is Boldin saw the pick and then just stopped. Didnt even bother. lol

thats because boldin didnt want anybody starting a thread about how slow he is !

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Yeah, he dove and swiped Harris' feet as he crossed the goal line.......f;acco got a spike to the face for his effort.
injury to insult.

zbeg
12-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Remember Ed McCaffrey chasing down Deion Sanders in the pro bowl? Weird things happen on interceptions (angles, starting position, etc.) that can be deceptive when it comes to speed.

Or what about Ben Watson running down Champ in that playoff game? Champ ran a 4.28 40. That dude was anything but slow.

I know that things can get really nitpicky here, but this seems excessively so even for a sports board.

Tned
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Remember Ed McCaffrey chasing down Deion Sanders in the pro bowl? Weird things happen on interceptions (angles, starting position, etc.) that can be deceptive when it comes to speed.

Or what about Ben Watson running down Champ in that playoff game? Champ ran a 4.28 40. That dude was anything but slow.

I know that things can get really nitpicky here, but this seems excessively so even for a sports board.

I remember very late in his career Rod Smith running someone down after about 90 yards and tackling him on the 5 yard line or something. Than commenting to press afterwards something like "bet you guys didn't think the old guy could still run."

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 09:02 AM
I remember very late in his career Rod Smith running someone down after about 90 yards and tackling him on the 5 yard line or something. Than commenting to press afterwards something like "bet you guys didn't think the old guy could still run."

There are guys who can flat run, at places like the combine and in practice, and then there are guys with football speed like Rod Smith and Terrell Davis. They don't have great 40 times, but they run away from people on the field. Not that that really has anything to do with Flacco almost catching Harris, but...

Tned
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
There are guys who can flat run, at places like the combine and in practice, and then there are guys with football speed like Rod Smith and Terrell Davis. They don't have great 40 times, but they run away from people on the field. Not that that really has anything to do with Flacco almost catching Harris, but...

Yea, years later (maybe '07 or '08) when looking at some of the 40 times of current/rookies, I looked up TD and was blown away by his fairly average 40 time. Considering his ability to break away if he got to the second level, I was really surprised.

zbeg
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Yea, years later (maybe '07 or '08) when looking at some of the 40 times of current/rookies, I looked up TD and was blown away by his fairly average 40 time. Considering his ability to break away if he got to the second level, I was really surprised.

I wonder what accounts for the speed difference between 40 times and on-field speed when that difference shows up.

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
I wonder what accounts for the speed difference between 40 times and on-field speed when that difference shows up.

Adrenaline. And pads.

Tned
12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Adrenaline. And pads.

Yep, I think the ability to run with the weight/bulk of equipment comes into play, plus, I think acceleration (how quickly you get to top speed vs. top speed alone), vision and angles play a big part in "on field" speed or at least the perception of speed.

zbeg
12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Yep, I think the ability to run with the weight/bulk of equipment comes into play, plus, I think acceleration (how quickly you get to top speed vs. top speed alone), vision and angles play a big part in "on field" speed or at least the perception of speed.

Yeah, I know vision/angles can affect perception, but even taking those away, there's still a disparity in some cases. It might be acceleration. I'll have to look more into this.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Chris Harris is a solid cornerback who is only going to get better as time goes on. It still can leave a person wondering how he ever went undrafted just like Rod Smith.

GEM
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Does it really matter? He is consistently making plays and it's his 2nd pick 6 of the season...the last time that was done was in 2005 by Bailey. Not to mention he don't cost a lot because he was an undrafted FA. HUGE pick up for us who has paid his salary many times over.

GEM
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, he dove and swiped Harris' feet as he crossed the goal line.......

Champ Bailey got caught from behind on a pick 6 from the end zone a few years ago....guess he was slow then too. :laugh:

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
mo has it right, PADS and adrenaline!
also the obvious "40 time"
these circumstances are all more than 40 yards !
harris was all buisness on that INT and return! loved his total effort starting with the savvy to jump that route!
but you also have to tip your hat to FLACCO, who didnt quit on that run down, even when woodyard blocked him and then tyrned to focus on a different persuer, thinking, "that should be suficient for a QB"
JFE won me over his second year when he ran down the great LT after throwing him an INT !

swaiy
12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Flacco had a driving force enabling him to chase down Harris. The embarrassment of throwing one of the most terrible interceptions and having to make some sort of an effort to look like he gave a shit.

For him to be in a contract year, he hasn't been stating his case that well for big money.

While that interception was terrible, Harris made an incredible play. When Flacco snapped the ball, I was looking at the defense thinking they weren't completely ready.

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Champ Bailey got caught from behind on a pick 6 from the end zone a few years ago....guess he was slow then too. :laugh:

He was laid out in the that game against the Pats........but that pick sealed the game.....I was watching it with my hardcore Pats fan roomate.....I gloated for a whole 4 drunken days afterwards.....sweet bliss

As for Harris.....awesome find. he is out solid #2.

BroncoNut
12-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Flacco had a driving force enabling him to chase down Harris. The embarrassment of throwing one of the most terrible interceptions and having to make some sort of an effort to look like he gave a shit.

For him to be in a contract year, he hasn't been stating his case that well for big money.

While that interception was terrible, Harris made an incredible play. When Flacco snapped the ball, I was looking at the defense thinking they weren't completely ready.

you mean when the ball was snapped? Flacco never snapped the ball. Yeah obviously the play was meant to catch denver d off guard. it was a terrible throw by flacco iirc. i havent watch the replay, but it should have been a raven td

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Great play by Harris, but speed is not on his list of attributes. That's all I'm saying. Average, at best. He didn't technically get caught, true, but un-technically speaking, he didn't not-get caught by Mike Vick or RGlll, it was Joe Flacco, who is slow for a QB.

Is it a big deal? No, I enjoyed the play as much as any of you but as he ran for a certain TD I couldn't help thinking how slow he was. It's not a big deal, Ty Law was slow, it was not my intention to make a big deal about it. Ya'll did that.......

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Great play by Harris, but speed is not on his list of attributes. That's all I'm saying. Average, at best. He didn't technically get caught, true, but un-technically speaking, he didn't not-get caught by Mike Vick or RGlll, it was Joe Flacco, who is slow for a QB.

Is it a big deal? No, I enjoyed the play as much as any of you but as he ran for a certain TD I couldn't help thinking how slow he was. It's not a big deal, Ty Law was slow, it was not my intention to make a big deal about it. Ya'll did that.......

well no other raven caught up either.....A. Bolden was right there and did not pursue or did not keep up

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 03:26 PM
well no other raven caught up either.....A. Bolden was right there and did not pursue or did not keep up

What are you arguing, that Harris is fast, or that the rest of the Ravens are lazy?.......

cmc0605
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
You aren't a cornerback in the NFL if you aren't fast, that's really all there is to it. Otherwise teams would just put you in a position where they have fast guys run go routes all day long.

Joe Flacco had an obvious field and angle advantage. I could have been in position to look like I was going to come close to catching Harris if I was where Flacco was.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 03:38 PM
You aren't a cornerback in the NFL if you aren't fast, that's really all there is to it. Otherwise teams would just put you in a position where they have fast guys run go routes all day long.

Joe Flacco had an obvious field and angle advantage. I could have been in position to look like I was going to come close to catching Harris if I was where Flacco was.

Watch it again, you're wrong. Woodyard literally gave up trying to block Flacco and looked for someone else to block.

Btw, compared to you and me Harris is fast, compared to Joe Flacco, he's not.......

DenBronx
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Except Flacco DIDNT tackle Harris. Quit saying it was a tackle. Flacco didnt get credited with a tackle. He tripped up Harris who then stumbled over the goal line.

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
You know, when Elway did that helicopter flip in SB XXXII, he looked unathletic as Hell. It was embarrassing. Not sure how he played QB in the NFL for so long being such a stumblebum.

slim
12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Are people actually complaining about Harris' TD?

Good Lord...

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Lmmfao.......

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Are people actually complaining about Harris' TD?

Good Lord...

Yes Slim. Maybe you're just not sofisticated enough to see the big pucture but Harris is too damn slow to play in this league and all the evidence I need was on display during that GAME CHANGING 98 YARD INT RETURN.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Yes Slim. Maybe you're just not sofisticated enough to see the big pucture but Harris is too damn slow to play in this league and all the evidence I need was on display during that GAME CHANGING 98 YARD INT RETURN.
Where did I say that?.......

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Where did I say that?.......

You didn't, I did. Harris sucks. His slow ass is gonna cost us a playoff game, probably when Flacco runs right past him to score the game winner in OT on a 98 yard QB sneak.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
You didn't, I did. Harris sucks. His slow ass is gonna cost us a playoff game, probably when Flacco runs right past him to score the game winner in OT on a 98 yard QB sneak.

Did you run this negativity passed the Message Board Ettiquette desk? Cause you're not allowed to post something negative unless it meets stringent requirements.......

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
You know, when Elway did that helicopter flip in SB XXXII, he looked unathletic as Hell. It was embarrassing. Not sure how he played QB in the NFL for so long being such a stumblebum.

you mean pigeon-toed bum

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 05:21 PM
you mean pigeon-toed bum

You mean, jealous, insecure, pigeon-toed bum who made an upgrade at the QB position because he saw obvious negatives in positive situations?.......

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Chris Harris has become a stud CB for us

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22209928/broncos-chris-harris-shows-his-value-both-inside

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
You mean, jealous, insecure, pigeon-toed bum who made an upgrade at the QB position because he saw obvious negatives in positive situations?.......

no....the one who ran goofy cause he was pigeon-toed

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Chris Harris has become a stud CB for us

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22209928/broncos-chris-harris-shows-his-value-both-inside
Not if he keeps getting tackled by QBs in the endzone. Slow, way too slow.

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Not if he keeps getting tackled by QBs in the endzone. Slow, way too slow.

yup.....needs to lose his beer gut for some extra speed

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Lmao, I said he was slow, I didn't say he was too slow to play in the NFL. Ty Law was slow, Aeneas Williams was slow. Tuck in your skirts ladies, your vag is showing.......

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Does it really matter? He is consistently making plays and it's his 2nd pick 6 of the season...the last time that was done was in 2005 by Bailey. Not to mention he don't cost a lot because he was an undrafted FA. HUGE pick up for us who has paid his salary many times over.

Altimately this is what matters most Harris makes plays period. That aside Harris isn't slow he may not have world class speed he's still not slow. It's not like Flacco had been knocked to ground and got up back and up and beside that by the time he actually caught up to him Harris had just ran 98 freakin ass yards.

Hawgdriver
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Lmao, I said he was slow.......

Why do you keep saying he's slow?

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Judging the speed of a guy on a 98 yard run is kinda dumb.

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM

Shut up you girl, your boobs are showing.

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Harris was the hero Sunday. Single handidly shut down Boldin.

TXBRONC
12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Shut up you girl, your boobs are showing.

Sounds like you're jealous.

Hawgdriver
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM

ikr?

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
ikr?

Maybe we can sign Usain Bolt to return 98-yard pick sixes. They are so easy to get, and all...

topscribe
12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Actually, Flacco was about 10 yards up the field from Harris and had the angle on him.
And that wasn't much of a block. Woodyard totally whiffed it, in fact . . .

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Actually, Flacco was about 10 yards up the field from Harris and had the angle on him.

bullspit, you quit making excuses for that slow ass pick 6 machine. I bet on his next pick 6 he'll be outpaced by a tackle, what a joke.

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 06:50 PM
I bet kyle orton could even catch him

topscribe
12-17-2012, 06:51 PM
bullspit, you quit making excuses for that slow ass pick 6 machine. I bet on his next pick 6 he'll be outpaced by a tackle, what a joke.
You can't go on comparing people to yourself, Chaz. I know you could beat the guy running backwards.

That is, if he was running backwards . . .

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Kyle Orton? All right, this shit just jumped the shark. No way Orton puts that kinda effort out. :lol:

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Kyle Orton? All right, this shit just jumped the shark. No way Orton puts that kinda effort out. :lol:

that is what I mean. He could stop have a beer and still catch Harris.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 08:04 PM
10 yards, huh? Even if that were true Flacco had to go around Woodyards block and make up for an angle that he didn't have. Facco had to travel furthur than Harris to get where they met. Dude is slow.......

SR
12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
10 yards, huh? Even if that were true Flacco had to go around Woodyards block and make up for an angle that he didn't have. Facco had to travel furthur than Harris to get where they met. Dude is slow.......

You and Zam must be Facebook friends. Does he cook for you?

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Why do you keep saying he's slow?

Ok, sorry, for a CB he is slow.......

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
You and Zam must be Facebook friends. Does he cook for you?
I wish, I don't have many friends, especially ones that cook.......

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 08:09 PM

How else do you judge speed if not when they're running?.......

SR
12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
How else do you judge speed if not when they're running?.......

Remember when Champ Bailey ran out of gas after 100 yards and got SMOKED by Ben Watson because Watson had the angle on him? And Champ has one of the fastest 40 times EVER recorded at the combine. Your argument sucks dude. Just let go.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Remember when Champ Bailey ran out of gas after 100 yards and got SMOKED by Ben Watson? And Champ has one of the fastest 40 times EVER recorded at the combine. Your argument sucks dude. Just let go.

Ben Watson ran 4.37 and 4.44 before the draft, Joe Flacco did not.

Idk, maybe Ed Reed gave Harris the flu before the game.......

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 08:34 PM

ya cause after chasing boldin down play after play. Flacco standing in the pocket and barely moving who be just as tired.

Not to mention there is a different between 40 speed and top speed. harris has not been burned by WRs on the field. I do not think he is slow. He is quick but his top end speed my not be as high. Not to mention he was prob gased near the end of that. you can see him slowing down.

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Flacco ran 4.86's and a 5.06 before the draft, I know he's a much better athlete than people give him credit for, but dayum. Lmao. He didn't have the angle and he had to go through Woodyards attempted block. You can't tell me you weren't surprised by Flacco gaining on Harris.

And, yes, as it has been mentioned, end of a long drive, they were in the no-huddle, 98 freaking yards.......I get it.

He's a hell of a player, a HUGE part of the D's success, but Harris is not a fast CB.......

MileHighCrew
12-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Harris has been a stud for us this year and came out of nowhere, just smile and be thankful

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 08:41 PM
watching the INT, Flacco was out running Ray Rice.......

NightTerror218
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000111714/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Harris-pick-six-off-Flacco

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 08:54 PM

Flacco ran a 4.84
Harris ran a 4.4

A 4.4 time stretched out to 98 yards is 10.78 seconds.

A 4.84 time stretched out to 88 yards (about what Flacco ran) is 10.64.

He beat him by about a tenth of a second.

:whoknows:

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Harris should be cut, or moved to DT.

Nomad
12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000111714/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Harris-pick-six-off-Flacco

Flacco ran a good angle and being 6'6" helped.

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 09:49 PM
c'mon, obviously Harris was trolling Flacco.

"You can do it Joe, you can do it...no you can't!"

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Flacco ran a 4.84
Harris ran a 4.4

They didn't start running at the same time, tho, so it's not like a head-to-head gauge of speed. It's not a level playing field and unfortunately all the advantages are for Harris, he had at least a modicum of momentum before he even caught the ball and was at full sprint long before Flacco. Flacco had further to run and had an obstacle in the form of a half-assed block by a player that clearly didn't think Flacco was a threat to make a play.

Harris looked like he was carrying Rosie O'Donnell on his back, I'd move him to S and move Trindon Holiday to CB.......

MOtorboat
12-17-2012, 09:51 PM
They didn't start running at the same time, tho, so it's not like a head-to-head gauge of speed. It's not a level playing field and unfortunately all the advantages are for Harris, he had at least a modicum of momentum before he even caught the ball and was at full sprint long before Flacco. Flacco had further to run and had an obstacle in the form of a half-assed block by a player that clearly didn't think Flacco was a threat to make a play.

Harris looked like he was carrying Rosie O'Donnell on his back, I'd move him to S and move Trindon Holiday to CB.......

Good grief.

nyuk nyuk
12-17-2012, 09:54 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/28hmzy9.png

Nomad
12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/28hmzy9.png

That's pretty good:lol:

chazoe60
12-17-2012, 09:59 PM
We are all now dumber for having read this bullshit. Holy shit man, we won and Harris was a big part of it and all you can do is call him slow? It's mind-numbing. FFS, STOP!!!!!!

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 10:21 PM
With his speed Trindon Holiday would kill at CB.

Idk, maybe they could move Harris to QB where you don't need speed until you throw an Int to a slow CB.......

topscribe
12-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow. Eddie Mac was right about Flacco. I don't care whom he was chasing;
Flacco can flat pick them up and put them down!

Timmy!
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
So to sum up this thread

http://time-az.com/images/2011/12/20111219polar-bear-poop.jpg

Chef Zambini
12-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Harris has been a stud for us this year and came out of nowhere, just smile and be thankfulmaybe during the run back he got so excited that he actually came out of nowhere. that would definatly slow a man down.

Hawgdriver
12-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Flacco ran a 4.84
Harris ran a 4.4

It's gettin real.

I wonder if maybe Flacco has a high top speed, with those Usain-Bolt like beanstalks of his. Maybe Flacco tops out pretty high. You know?

What a cool calculus/geometry problem. Can you do it on a whiteboard like that UPS guy? Or like a TED lecture?

dogfish
12-18-2012, 04:50 AM
With his speed Trindon Holiday would kill at CB.

sure-- if we could get the other team to sign a waiver promising that they wouldn't use any receivers over 5'9", maybe. . . :lol:

i also have rather significant concerns about his tackling "skills". . .

seriously, guys, is this thing really seven pages?

shank
12-18-2012, 07:30 AM
mods, please move all broncos talk threads to the black hole.

TXBRONC
12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Flacco ran 4.86's and a 5.06 before the draft, I know he's a much better athlete than people give him credit for, but dayum. Lmao. He didn't have the angle and he had to go through Woodyards attempted block. You can't tell me you weren't surprised by Flacco gaining on Harris.

And, yes, as it has been mentioned, end of a long drive, they were in the no-huddle, 98 freaking yards.......I get it.

He's a hell of a player, a HUGE part of the D's success, but Harris is not a fast CB.......

Sorry Harris does have good speed not world class but he does have good speed. Yes I can tell I wasn't surprised that Flacco caught up to him. Although you're making it sound Flacco was right on top which isn't correct. He had lung at Harris a little bit to trip to say he actually caught him is ridiculous. It was also pointed out Flacco was about 10 yards up field from Harris.

TXBRONC
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM

Two of things that video proves:

1.) Flacco had the angle.

2.) Flacco had to lunge at Harris to get him down.

CoachChaz
12-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to that play...wasnt Harris on the field for a few minutes blanketing Boldin play after play while Baltimore was in a hurry up pass offense? I dare a few of our naysayers here to do the same and then run a 100 yard sprint immediately after. Tell me how much juice you have.

MOtorboat
12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to that play...wasnt Harris on the field for a few minutes blanketing Boldin play after play while Baltimore was in a hurry up pass offense? I dare a few of our naysayers here to do the same and then run a 100 yard sprint immediately after. Tell me how much juice you have.

Yes. And part of the poor execution of the play by the Ravens was because Flacco was trying to snap the ball so quickly.

It was a great play by Harris.

TXBRONC
12-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Yes. And part of the poor execution of the play by the Ravens was because Flacco was trying to snap the ball so quickly.

It was a great play by Harris.

Bottom line for me he isn't slow and it's not like Flacco was neck in neck with Harris. He had to lunge at Harris' feet to get him down.

Chef Zambini
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
bottom line, it was a great EFFORT by flacco !

slim
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
I hate how slow Harris is. I'm not sure why someone that slow is even on the team.

MOtorboat
12-18-2012, 12:33 PM
bottom line, it was a great EFFORT by flacco !

Thanks, Dierdorf.

Chef Zambini
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
dierdorf/
you cut me deep, mo, the unkindest cut of all.

DenBronx
12-18-2012, 11:32 PM

Except Flacco was a good 50 yards ahead of Harris, who just ran 130+ yards. Kind of a weak argument....

I see DBs who run a 4.2 get smoked in the NFL all the time and I rarely see them run a pick 6 for 90 or more yards. It was the longest pick 6 in Broncos history.

Simple Jaded
12-19-2012, 12:09 AM
I hate how slow Harris is. I'm not sure why someone that slow is even on the team.

He just wins.......

Jsteve01
12-19-2012, 02:01 AM

Except Flacco was a good 50 yards ahead of Harris, who just ran 130+ yards. Kind of a weak argument....

I see DBs who run a 4.2 get smoked in the NFL all the time and I rarely see them run a pick 6 for 90 or more yards. It was the longest pick 6 in Broncos history.I don't get your math. 130 yards? And flaccid 50 yards ahead? Whaaaa?

horsepig
12-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Geeze, Flacxco is an athlete and made one hell of an effort to run Harriss down. What's the big deal.

DenBronx
12-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Did you even read this whole thread? Do the math. Where did the play start? Harris had to cover the WR about 30 yards to the endzone then ran it the other way about 92 yards. Harris covered way more field than Flacco did.

I see DBs who run a 4.2 get smoked in the NFL all the time and I rarely see them run a pick 6 for 90 or more yards. It was the longest pick 6 in Broncos history.I don't get your math. 130 yards? And flaccid 50 yards ahead? Whaaaa?

Simple Jaded
12-19-2012, 01:35 PM
50 yards ahead of Harris? Are you sure we're talking about the same play? 50 yards? Lmfao.......