PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller says multiple fines won’t change the way he plays

DenBronx
12-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 14, 2012, 8:02 PM EST

AP
The good news for Broncos linebacker Von Miller is that he wasn’t fined this week. The bad news is that the NFL has fined him so many times already in his two-year career that he could be close to getting suspended if he picks up any more roughing the passer penalties.

But Miller says that it doesn’t matter if the NFL wants him to change his ways. He plans to keep going after quarterbacks the way he always has.

“I don’t think I’ll change anything,” Miller told the Denver Post. “When you’re playing fast, stuff like that happens. None of my (fined) hits were intentional. You try to go out there and play with a fanatical effort and a relentless pursuit to the ball, sometimes things just happen.”

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/von-miller-says-multiple-fines-wont-change-the-way-he-plays/

WARHORSE
12-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Sorry. But NOT a smart thing to say.

If we get into the playoffs and he intentionally or unintentionally hits the QB illegally, then he could be up for a game suspension. And if the commish is teetering on giving him a steeper fine vs a suspension, and he reads something like this, it may be the deciding straw on whether he plays in an all important game or not.

Use your head Von.

Proper response: "I respect the leagues desire to protect the health of the players, and any illegal hit up to this point that Ive been fined for has bee unintentional. Regardless, while I will always play to my utmost on behalf of my teamates and the Denver Broncos, Im working harder on trying to avoid mistakes in the future, unintentional or not, to make this a safer game for all involved. This is OUR league, and we never want the health of the player being a ransom we are ever willing to pay in order to entertain people. I respect Mr. Goodell."

Dzone
12-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Man, we got lucky when we got Von Miller...if having the second worse record is lucky, we got lucky!

DenBronx
12-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, raider fans think they have been getting lucky for over a decade. lol

shank
12-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry. But NOT a smart thing to say.

If we get into the playoffs and he intentionally or unintentionally hits the QB illegally, then he could be up for a game suspension. And if the commish is teetering on giving him a steeper fine vs a suspension, and he reads something like this, it may be the deciding straw on whether he plays in an all important game or not.

Use your head Von.

Proper response: "http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff472/AlfieAllenFans/th_the-kid-bj.gif glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch glogch"

totally.

Nomad
12-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Keep playing hard, Von!

wayninja
12-16-2012, 04:58 AM
I don't care if it was a smart thing to say or not. I agree with the sentiment. Von kicks ass an should keep kicking ass. It's clear from looking at tape that the guy is not a dirty player and does not take intentionally cheap shots.

If you are as good an athlete as Von is, you are bound to get some penalties due to your speed. Just roll with punches and keep playin' the way you play. No complaints here.