PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hoping effective running game forces Ravens into man-to-man coverage

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas widenened his grin when asked about the 119 yards rushing last week by Knowshon Moreno against Oakland and whether Moreno might have another good day Sunday at Baltimore.

“If we can run the ball, that opens up stuff for the receivers because (the defense) has more guys in the box trying to stop the run,” Thomas said.

“That makes it a lot of man-to-man (defense). The more man-to-man, that will help us out. Then that helps the run game out.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/12/14/broncos-hoping-effective-running-game-forces-ravens-mantoman-coverage/17464/

Ravage!!!
12-14-2012, 06:15 PM
yes... Yes.... POUND THAT BALL MORENO!!!

I'm really really hoping to get the run game going strong. I know whats going to happen (or rather, what I hate happening).. is that we'll try to get the running game early, and our first possession will go three and out with 3 running plays. We know how it is on that first series, their defense is going to be AMPED UP....and running the ball early is going to be difficult.

I'm surprised to hear so many people picking the Ravens this week. some are saying that this game is so much more important to the Ravens, and we are "due" for a loss. I hope we come out and throw the ball early, and then use that pass to set up the run. From that point forward, running should be easier to do.