PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey: It feels good to have a great quarterback in Denver

DenBronx
12-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 14, 2012, 2:03 PM EST

AP
The Broncos are the AFC West champions, just as they were last year. But this year feels a lot different to Denver cornerback Champ Bailey.

Bailey said on 102.3 The Ticket that last season, it didn’t feel realistic to have high hopes of winning the Super Bowl. But this season, thanks to the arrival of Peyton Manning, players really believe there’s a chance they can go all the way.

“I think because the expectations are there,” Bailey said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “When you have expectations to do things that are great, and then you do it, it feels real. Last year, nobody expected us to do anything. And then we started 1-4; we had a quarterback who had limited throwing ability, unconventional offense, whatever it may be. . . . But now you’ve got a great quarterback that’s done a lot of things in this league. It just feels good.”

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/champ-bailey-it-feels-good-to-have-a-great-quarterback-in-denver/

DenBronx
12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I go back to those years when Manning was torching us in the playoffs and how bad I felt for Bailey. Manning was just unbeatable.....it wasnt the Colts, it was Manning we couldnt get by. I think Bailey is on cloud 9 having this guy on his side finally. I'm glad they are winning together...

Simple Jaded
12-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, but, $20 Mil for 5 years.......one hit away.......and other stuff.......

turftoad
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, but, $20 Mil for 5 years.......one hit away.......and other stuff.......

Yeah, I remember hearing "one hit and his head is going to fall off" crap.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing "one hit and his head is going to fall off" crap.

As if the same weren't true for any QB, even for the QB that inspired such a pointless argument.......

Hawgdriver
12-16-2012, 05:11 AM
to be a gansta

zbeg
12-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I go back to those years when Manning was torching us in the playoffs and how bad I felt for Bailey. Manning was just unbeatable.....it wasnt the Colts, it was Manning we couldnt get by. I think Bailey is on cloud 9 having this guy on his side finally. I'm glad they are winning together...

Can't beat the Colts, so trade for Bailey. Sweet. Bailey's a monster. Bailey covering Marvin Harrison? Yep, he's got him locked down. Maybe Champ's the only corner in the league who can do that. We've got a shot this tim...ASDF ROC ALEXANDER OH GOD MY EYES ARE BLEEDING MAKE IT STOP PLEASE BE MERCIFUL NO PEYTON PLEASE JUST STOP HURTING US

Uggh I'm still not over my Peyton Manning issues. I've never been so deathly afraid of an opposing quarterback. I know he's playing for the good guys now, but I see that forehead and I still get flashbacks to some very unhappy times.

bcbronc
12-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Be interesting to hear who Champ feels is the 2nd best QB he played for....

slim
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Be interesting to hear who Champ feels is the 2nd best QB he played for....

That's kind of a no brainer, I would think.

DenBronx
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah...I agree, its got to be Cutler.

slim
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah...I agree, its got to be Cutler.

Uh, no....it would have to be Plummer.

nyuk nyuk
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Skip Bayless has to be eating it --

Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless

Peyton also is frontrunner for MVP after leading Denver to its NINTH STRAIGHT WIN.