PDA

View Full Version : Paying for Online Franchise in Madden 10.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Has anyone received the game yet? If so did you get a code to activate the Online Franchise Mode? Not sure if it is just PAL versions or even a **** up by EA but looks like it is going to cost you £6.95 ($10??) to activate it. You also have many add on's that you have to pay for such as QB scout etc. It is all on the psn store.

Could be like I say just a huge **** up as I've also heard that you only have to pay if you buy the game second hand but none of the manuals have the activation code on there.

Any one heard anything like this your side of the water?

Ravage!!!
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I haven't heard anything like that

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Neither had anyone over here but it appears so. Go on psn store or xbox store and it should show you all the downloadable content including paying for the online franchise. There'll be many pissed off people if this turns out to be true.

Ravage!!!
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Neither had anyone over here but it appears so. Go on psn store or xbox store and it should show you all the downloadable content including paying for the online franchise. There'll be many pissed off people if this turns out to be true.

but is the online franchise the ONLY franchise mode? or are people just assuming?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
but is the online franchise the ONLY franchise mode? or are people just assuming?

There is an off line franchise mode. The way EA has bigged up the online mode though without saying it'll cost you extra is disgusting if true. We should know more tomorrow as it is the official release day.

MasterShake
08-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Looks like there is a free code that comes with it for online franchise as long as you bought the game legally. Thats what the official EA forum is saying, anyway. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/281458.page

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Looks like there is a free code that comes with it for online franchise as long as you bought the game legally. Thats what the official EA forum is saying, anyway. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/281458.page

It's looking like a balls up by EA forgetting to put the activation codes in the PAL games :tsk:. Glad I'm getting my copy shipped from America :D

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 02:36 PM
OK...I played a game on lunch. The Broncos pretty much suck. But every year, I have to get used to a few things after playing College Football for a month before getting Madden, too, so maybe I just suck. I lost to Arizona 20-17. Marshall came down with a catch at the five before time ran out on me.

Anyone want to get a Forums Online League going?

I'm XBox...

MasterShake
08-14-2009, 05:21 PM
OK...I played a game on lunch. The Broncos pretty much suck. But every year, I have to get used to a few things after playing College Football for a month before getting Madden, too, so maybe I just suck. I lost to Arizona 20-17. Marshall came down with a catch at the five before time ran out on me.

I'm XBox...

I'd be interested but I need some more practice. I did kill Chicago in preseason 54-20 though on All-Pro.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd be interested but I need some more practice. I did kill Chicago in preseason 54-20 though on All-Pro.

Damn...I'm gonna get shallacked if we do an online dynasty...

Played a dude online and lost 28-7...it was ugly. Second game I played.

MasterShake
08-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Damn...I'm gonna get shallacked if we do an online dynasty...

Played a dude online and lost 28-7...it was ugly. Second game I played.

I always get beat by some 12 year old that plays the game 10 hours a day. Its hopeless to play online. Especially when everyone goes for it on 4th and 20 (and gets it :mad:)

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 06:05 PM
I always get beat by some 12 year old that plays the game 10 hours a day. Its hopeless to play online. Especially when everyone goes for it on 4th and 20 (and gets it :mad:)

Well, I just won the first preseason game 35-14...Moreno with a couple of TDs...

Either way...I think we should do a dynasty from the Forums, nobody gets the Broncos...or we do a drawing for the Broncos, or something. I know I'll volunteer to take someone else, because this roster sucks.

EMB6903
08-14-2009, 06:05 PM
a little off topic but Damn are they hating on the Broncos

Royal's rating is a joke.... something like 84 overall with only 92 speed.

DJ is also the only player in our front 7 that has a rating over 80.

MOtorboat
08-14-2009, 06:06 PM
a little off topic but Damn are they hating on the Broncos

Royal's rating is a joke.... something like 84 overall with only 92 speed.

DJ is also the only player in our front 7 that has a rating over 80.

The rating system is different this year, so keep that in mind.

broncohead
08-15-2009, 11:22 PM

I'm XBox...

360 or regular? I'll join in.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 07:15 AM
360 or regular? I'll join in.

360...I don't even think they make a regular xbox version anymore...

And noted...

MissouriBronc
Mastershake
broncohead

broncohead
08-16-2009, 01:30 PM

And noted...

MissouriBronc
Mastershake
broncohead

Ya I wasn't sure. There are only a handful of games that I play and I really don't pay attention to much else.

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 01:38 PM
any of you want to play now?

my gamer tag= Kobesnotmikex23

hit me up if any of you want to play on 360.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 01:42 PM
any of you want to play now?

my gamer tag= Kobesnotmikex23

hit me up if any of you want to play on 360.

I'm preparing for the Freak Fantasy Football league...but I'll add you as a friend...we'll play sometime. I suck, though.

Would you want to be in an online Forums league?

EMB6903
08-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm preparing for the Freak Fantasy Football league...but I'll add you as a friend...we'll play sometime. I suck, though.

Would you want to be in an online Forums league?

ya Im horrible online as well so far, its a totally different game then previous maddens it seems like.

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 01:49 PM
ya Im horrible online as well so far, its a totally different game then previous maddens it seems like.

I'm starting to get the hang of it...probably time to turn the difficulty up when you wallup New England 40-16...

broncohead
08-16-2009, 06:13 PM

And noted...

MissouriBronc
Mastershake
broncohead

I'll be getting online soon. When do you plan on starting it?

MOtorboat
08-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll be getting online soon. When do you plan on starting it?

Oh, I was hoping to gather a few more than three people. So, I would imagine it will be awhile.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Has nobody got it for PS3 :confused:

sneakers
08-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't like madden....ncaa is much more fun

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
its ok...ive got it on PS3. They updated the rosters and some of the ratings which is a bit better.

LRtagger on PS3N

sneakers
08-20-2009, 01:41 AM
its ok...ive got it on PS3. They updated the rosters and some of the ratings which is a bit better.

LRtagger on PS3N

I am "sneakers" on ps3n

MasterShake
08-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I am 2-10 online. People really like to use the wildcat! I've already come across some cheap plays that I can't stop, and everyone seems to get 4th and longs on me. Same old crap, I'm gonna stick to franchise before I go crazy. I try to be nice and punt when it calls for, but everyone else would just as soon run up the score on me. I'm not the worst player, I only lose on average by about 4 points. Also, my games seem to drop a lot. I have an almost 40% disconnect rate (some of those came when I was actually winning!).

Ironically the only teams I've beaten in online play are the Pats and Colts.

MOtorboat
08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I am 2-10 online. People really like to use the wildcat! I've already come across some cheap plays that I can't stop, and everyone seems to get 4th and longs on me. Same old crap, I'm gonna stick to franchise before I go crazy. I try to be nice and punt when it calls for, but everyone else would just as soon run up the score on me. I'm not the worst player, I only lose on average by about 4 points. Also, my games seem to drop a lot. I have an almost 40% disconnect rate (some of those came when I was actually winning!).

Ironically the only teams I've beaten in online play are the Pats and Colts.

Yeah, I haven't been playing online at all...

I need to bump up my difficulty, but after this crazy offseason I kind of like kicking the crap out of everyone.

P.S. I traded Marshall for Heyward-Bey (lol...I know...) and a couple of picks and Orton and Graham for a couple of picks. Tebow is running the offense (his rating isn't all that great...but I do just fine on this difficulty level). Moreno is running the shit out of the ball.

FTW

MasterShake
08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I haven't been playing online at all...

I need to bump up my difficulty, but after this crazy offseason I kind of like kicking the crap out of everyone.

P.S. I traded Marshall for Heyward-Bey (lol...I know...) and a couple of picks and Orton and Graham for a couple of picks. Tebow is running the offense (his rating isn't all that great...but I do just fine on this difficulty level). Moreno is running the shit out of the ball.

FTW

If you do play online, Moreno is great on the pitch route. People have a hard time bringing him down, but his speed seems a little off. I've busted TD's from as far as 65 yds out with that play. I do just fine with Orton except he will overthrow(!) receivers on go routes in play action, and sometimes he just zips them into the turf. He does well out of shotgun, but as soon as you roll out you throw ducks.

EMB6903
08-24-2009, 06:40 PM
ya wild cat is weak, cant be stopped unless you are running cover 2 with good DE's, so far its been the down fall of that game.

I really like the online play though, they brought back defensive assignments and now you can save your audibles and depth chart just once instead of going into every game having 2 switch it up.

Denver offensive playbook= $$$$$$$

MasterShake
08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
ya wild cat is weak, cant be stopped unless you are running cover 2 with good DE's, so far its been the down fall of that game.

I really like the online play though, they brought back defensive assignments and now you can save your audibles and depth chart just once instead of going into every game having 2 switch it up.

Denver offensive playbook= $$$$$$$

Something else I've noticed is that online players will challenge a play on the opening kickoff. Its happened to me about 4 times now, anyone know if thats some kind of bug or exploit? Not sure what it accomplishes.

I really like the Denver playbook this time out. I use crosses and slants a lot. Gaffney and Royal always seem to get open if you can sit in the pocket long enough. I only use Marshall for fade routes on play action in the endzone. Daniel Graham and Scheffler are also monsters on short yardage passes. Moreno is great on draw plays and stretches, and Buckhalter is pretty effective out of the flat on short pass plays and screens on 3rd down. I can only run about 5 plays effectively, once I get not so predictable (people usually catch onto my crap about halfway through) maybe I'll win more. Both of my wins came with good clock management and defense.