PDA

View Full Version : How good will Kubiak's Texans be this season?

omac
09-01-2007, 06:15 AM
(Poll Above)

This article's a little late, but after they beat the Cowboys on the 3rd preseason game (the one where everyone gameplans for) ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070825034

just how good will the Texans be this season?

Btw, nice of Kubes to get some payback for us, ay? :cheers:

Nomad
09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
It seems alot of the BRONCO fans voting in the prediction threads are jumping on the Kubiak bandwagon and saying the BRONCOS will lose to the Texans. I disagree. I think the BRONCOS would lose to the Titans before the Texans.

Chidoze
09-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Average.

I've heard that Shaub is everything that Carr wasnt........a smart QB.

But we'll see how good he is come sundays in the fall. :biggrin:

anton...
09-01-2007, 12:48 PM
im expecting them to suck as usual...

that franchise needs to be restarted from scratch, because the vast mojority of their players suck...

and their winning culture...

actually i dont think texans ever belonged next to the word "win"...

i loved kubo, but i just dont see him turining them around all that much...
________
MMJ VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

Skinny
09-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm really high on Shaub. He's a solid all around QB, who can excel with more playing time. Something he did'nt get the chance to do in Atlanta.

7 to 9 wins IMO is not out of question considering the improvments they made during the off-season and the players having a year under their helmet in Kubs system. As well as Kubs getting familiar with his players as far as their strengths and weaknesses.

But once again it's all going to come down on offense to the O-line in Houston and if those guys will be able to protect Shaub and open up running lanes for Green.

I think Mario Williams will have a much better season this year than he did last. After learning your not going to be able to bull rush every Tackle in the game to get to the QB, he really started to work on his technique and using his speed to get around the corner and did alot better job pressuring the QB, later in the season.

I wish Kubs nothing but the best (except against us of course). :biggrin:

Bronco Bible
09-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I voted average , I think you have to walk before running JMO:crutch:

omac
09-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I voted average too, which is actually a nice step up for most of the teams in their situation. I also think they need to build a good offensive line with some talent. Right now, I've read they're mixing zone-blocking with gap for their running attack. I'm not familiar with the concept of gap ... is that just the usual non-zone-blocking style?

I'm hoping that Green has a great year; he's one of my starters in FF, as most of the top backs were taken. :cheers:

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I think the Texans will show a lot improvement this year but not enough to get to the playoffs.

sneakers
09-03-2007, 06:14 AM
I think they will be better than expected.

Retired_Member_001
09-03-2007, 09:51 AM
I think they willl get 7-8 wins.

I agree very much with Columbiaskinny in terms of their offensive line. I actually think Ahman Green has got another good season in him ASLONG as he stays healthy, he can provide a good running game if the offensive line can do atleast something. I think Matt Schaub can do a job for the Texans, he just need sthe offensive line to stick together so he can do that job. Matt Schaub isn't Peyton Manning but I think if he needed to Matt Schaub could win some games, he is clever and accurate. Andre Johnson is a great target for Matt Schaub to have aswell.

I don't know if anyone remembers my " The Official Draft Amobi Okoye thread" from Broncomania but I really think Amobi Okoye is going to make an impact, if not this season then next. I think they have a solid group of linebackers and it will be interesting to see how DeMeco Ryans improves this season.

I think the Texans will show some promising things this season.

GEM
09-03-2007, 11:26 PM
A little bit off topic here, but didn't really feel this deserved it's own thread.

Did anyone else listen to the CU vs. CSU game? Heard Kube's sons name mentioned a few times. Thought that was pretty cool. :D

anton...
09-04-2007, 12:21 AM
is he any good??
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)